Profile for 11hobo11 > Reviews

Content by 11hobo11

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

11hobo11 (Fairfax, VA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Price: CDN$ 20.07
30 used & new from CDN$ 6.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock on Dream Theater, Nov. 20 2003
This album took a while for me to get into, but once I was in it, I loved it. I didnt care for 'The Glass Prison' much until I saw it live, and ever since, I've been hooked. The 2nd and 3rd tracks are really good also. The 4th and 5th arent too great, but still Dream Theater's style nonetheless. I would buy a single just of The Glass Prison, Blind Faith, and Misunderstood. However, the 2nd cd comes on with the 6th track, '6 Degrees of Inner Turbulence', which is another concept album. The song is divided into 8 parts, and all of them are great, and LaBrie's voice is very emotional throughout it all. The concept cannot compare to Metropolis Pt. 2, but its great nevertheless. Buy this now if you havent already!!!

Power Of The Dragonflame
Power Of The Dragonflame
Price: CDN$ 20.05
16 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Nov. 12 2003
This album is totally great. Almost every track on here is worth listening to, despite it still being part of the story. I especially like the last track being 19 minutes long. I like symphonic sounding things, and Rhapsody definitely delivers that, and with such energy its amazing. There are no really bad songs on here, but I do definitely have some favorites. For anyone who isn't into power metal yet, Rhapsody or Blind Guardian are places to start, both are some of the best bands for the genre out there.

Offered by TWS-Source of Deluge
Price: CDN$ 21.39
10 used & new from CDN$ 10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars SWEEET!!!, Nov. 12 2003
This review is from: Follow The Reaper (Audio CD)
Now, many people are annoyed with Children of Bodom's excessive use of keyboards, and I understand where they come from. However I still like their style, and the keyboards add something extra that I think makes them different than other melodic death metal groups. The guitar work is great, though the singing isnt really. If anything, they should get a new vocalist instead of letting Alexi do both vocals and guitars. Nevertheless, Children of Bodom is one of my favorite bands because of this album, try the third track.

Train Of Thought
Train Of Thought
Price: CDN$ 13.93
45 used & new from CDN$ 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars I can't decide, Nov. 11 2003
This review is from: Train Of Thought (Audio CD)
I love Dream Theater, I mean, ask anyone who knows me, and they know how much I worship these guys. However, this album so far seems to be starting off as a letdown. The songs are starting to grow on me, but they seem very structured. I like how Dream Theater typically tried to stay from having refrains as often and whatnot, but it seems like they have in this album. Also, the songs just don't seem as tecnical as they could be, though the solos are still amazing. I tend to find that a lot of the songs sound alike, sorta the mix they used in the Glass Prison(I even think the 2nd track is supposed to be an extension of the Glass Prison). I defintely wanted a track similar to 6 Degrees or even Blind Faith more. I like how all the songs are long, and the instrumental parts always grow on me. Either way, this is Dream Theater, and Ill always buy their cds and still respect them for their music.

When Dream & Day Unite
When Dream & Day Unite
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 26.95
10 used & new from CDN$ 10.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a good cd, Aug. 17 2003
This review is from: When Dream & Day Unite (Audio CD)
This cd is still good, it isnt Dream Theater's best work, but it isnt their worst work either( I give that to Falling into Infinity). Charlie Dominici is the singer on here, he left after making the cd and thats when they brought in James LaBrie. Charlie's vocals arent as good, kinda annoying in a sense. The whole album sounds very 80's like, but some songs are still worth listening to, like The Killing Hand, A Fortune in Lies, and Afterlife. There is still some great solo work, but they obviously kept getting better since. For a Dream Theater fan, especially like me, I couldnt be w/o this cd either way, and I believe its worth getting. Only gave it 4 stars due to Charlie's vocals.

Whoracle (Dlx Ed)
Whoracle (Dlx Ed)
Offered by cdbasement canada
Price: CDN$ 9.99
10 used & new from CDN$ 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Aug. 17 2003
This review is from: Whoracle (Dlx Ed) (Audio CD)
In my opinion, this is In Flames best cd, though many argue The Jester Race as well. The songs on this cd arent very catchy and standout, but they are all worth listening to. I especially like the Everything Counts cover(originally by Depeche Mode). Gyroscope and The Hive are also good tracks. This is definitely a cd worth getting if you is a fan or want to get into them. If you like In Flames only for Reroute to Remain, you need to learn their real sound before they sold out, so get this album.

Dream Theater - Metropolis 2000: Scenes From New York
Dream Theater - Metropolis 2000: Scenes From New York
DVD ~ Kent Broadhurst
Price: CDN$ 26.99
13 used & new from CDN$ 11.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it now, Aug. 15 2003
If you have not gotten this dvd yet and like Dream Theater, why havent you gotten it yet? This is a must for all Dream Theater fans, I mainly got into Dream Theater March 2002, I got this dvd in July 2002. Despite liking Dream Theater in between and buying most of their albums during that time, I never quite understood why they were praised so much, until I actually watched them in the dvd. Anyone can easily see how they deserve the praise, Petrucci, Myung, and Ruddess move their fingers insanely fast, and Portnoy is just totally great and entertaining on drums. This is the next best thing to going to their concerts, which i did finally go to summer 2003.

Live Scenes from New York
Live Scenes from New York
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 62.39
4 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars What a long set, Aug. 15 2003
For being a live album, this is totally worth it. The songs have the same sound, almost studio quality, but with a certain energy youll find with a live album. The song selection on this is pretty good, featuring all of Scenes from a Memory, with a lot of other songs, including A Change of Seasons. There are also two live video clips, one of Another Day and the other of a solo by Jordan Ruddess. This album is definitely worth buying, either as a lover of Dream Theater, or even to get into them, though its best to have the studio albums first.

A Night At The Opera
A Night At The Opera
2 used & new from CDN$ 52.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing short of greatness, Aug. 14 2003
This review is from: A Night At The Opera (Audio CD)
This was my first Blind Guardian album I really got into. "And Then There Was Silence" was the first song of theirs I heard, and I started liking them right then. Other songs on this album I liked include Under the Ice, The Soulforged, The Maiden and Minstrel Night, Battlefield, and Precious Jerusalem. The rest of the songs on here are still very good, and I still like listening to them. Overall, this cd is one of Blind Guardian's best, and is worth getting, just like all their other cds are.

Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes From A Memory
Metropolis Pt 2: Scenes From A Memory
Price: CDN$ 13.66
48 used & new from CDN$ 2.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Great!!!, Aug. 14 2003
This was my first Dream Theater album I got into, as with many (the first album i bought was When Dream and Day Unite). I was totally blown away with the instrumental part of Fatal Tragedy, and that started a huge Dream Theater binge in me that will hopefully never end. I don't get why people will rate this below a 5, granted this is all opinion. The album was totally great, they showed off, as usual, but still kept their own sound and made it tasteful. The lyrics in many of the songs were totally great, and the style of them could never be better. The songs on this can appeal to people of all genres, metalheads or no. Dream Theater totally rules, and everyone at least acknowledges that.

Page: 1 | 2