Profile for Canadian reader > Reviews

Content by Canadian reader

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Canadian reader

Page: 1 | 2
A Briefer History of Time
A Briefer History of Time
by Stephen Hawking
Price: CDN$ 16.30
42 used & new from CDN$ 11.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Really interesting, Oct. 5 2008
Throughout school I learned about the major scientific advancements, but none of that schooling really explained things the way this book did. Stephen Hawking really explained the basic discoveries in a way that is simple and easy to understand.

Who Will Tuck Me in Tonight?
Who Will Tuck Me in Tonight?
by Carol Roth
Price: CDN$ 7.12
34 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Bedtime favorite for loving cuddles, Feb. 24 2008
This book became my daughter's favorite the first time we read it. The story follows Wooley as he asks "Who will tuck me in?". His mom is away, and the other animals try to help, each doing their own thing. The message - that no one can do it in the perfect way that mom does - is so sweet and touching. This is a "cuddle up together and read" book.

This Is the Dog
This Is the Dog
by Sheryl McFarlane
Price: CDN$ 6.95
11 used & new from CDN$ 0.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to read out loud, April 24 2007
This review is from: This Is the Dog (Paperback)
My 2 year old daughter loved this book! The verses on each page are short enough that it's easy for a very young child to listen and pay attention to. There are lots of fun things to look at in the illustrations. The rhymming is well done, and it is always a joy to listen when this book is read aloud.

Anybody Out There
Anybody Out There
by Marian Keyes
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.40

5.0 out of 5 stars It's like sitting down with a best friend, July 19 2006
This review is from: Anybody Out There (Paperback)
I received this book from BzzAgent, but I was a fan of Marian Keyes before I read it.

It only took a few pages before I was hooked. The storey and plot are interesting and fun, but the book is more than that. Quickly the main character starts to feel like a best friend, and I started to feel happy and sad along with her. It's not just chick-lit fluff. It has real substance that makes you care and want to read more. I didn't want the storey to end. And I'm definitely going to seek out the other books about the Walsh clan.

Carpe Demon
Carpe Demon
by Julie Kenner
29 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun and exciting read, July 19 2006
This review is from: Carpe Demon (Paperback)
This book is a fun one to read. I find it easy to relate to the main character, and I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next. Sometimes things seemed a bit overdramatic, but that is also what made it fun to read. Julie Kenner's style of writing flowed so easily, and I couldn't wait to pick up the book to read more. I'm looking forward to reading other books by her.

Page: 1 | 2