ARRAY(0xadaad390)

Profile for internetdude77 > Reviews

Content by internetdude77

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

internetdude77 "internetdude77"

Neweer Pro Battery Grip for Nikon D5100 EN-EL14 DSLR Camera
Neweer Pro Battery Grip for Nikon D5100 EN-EL14 DSLR Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, fits well, has double-button action (focus, shutter release), Jan. 18 2013
I read the other reviews which led me to buy this thing. Ideally I'd like to buy a genuine Nikon battery grip but since they don't care, Neweer Pro got my money.

The one thing that I didn't see mentioned in any of the other reviews was the dual-function of the shutter button on this. You can press it down halfway to focus, and all the way to release the shutter. Being a cheapish add-on I wasn't sure if it had the two positions and it does, so I'm pleased.

Pros:
- It fits wonderfully against the camera body
- I had no problems running one or two batteries (but I have 2 genuine Nikons)
- Great value for the price

Cons:
- It feels a little bit "plasticky" and light but it doesn't bother me
- The wheel that you use to screw it onto the camera rattles a bit

I'm happy with the purchase overall, I'd buy products from this maker in the future as a result of this buy.

Nest Learning Thermostat - 1st Generation T100577
Nest Learning Thermostat - 1st Generation T100577

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're a techie, buy this!, Nov. 22 2012
OK, straight up, I'm a techie. I like having most of the latest gadgets, and this one fits the bill nicely. I've got a smart phone, touch screen in my car, a tablet, etc, and now a smart thermostat.

I've had this now for about six months and I only had one problem. I have air conditioning and forced air gas furnace and I had a small problem that was a result of my furnace not having a C "common" wire going from the circuit board on the furnace up to the nest. I was able to easily run a new wire from the furnace to the thermostat with just putting one small hole in the wall. I'm handy so it was no big deal at all. Anyway, nest support was great about giving me some details on what I needed to do, and now that I have the C wire the nest has been flawless.

I work from home so I don't even really need the auto scheduling feature, which is of course it's biggest benefit. However, what I really like is being able to control the thermostat from my iPhone. Lots of times I'm on another floor of the house and I want to adjust the heat or turn the furnace fan on or off to better regulate the whole house temperature and it's great to be able to do it from my phone.

Pros:
- Simple interface
- Saves money by detecting when you're away
- Looks cool
- It turns on when you walk by (motion sensor), nice touch!
- Monthly usage report by e-mail

Cons:
- No way to schedule furnace fan to run at intervals, for example 10 minutes each hour (if it did this it would be perfect as it would help maintain a consistent temperature on different levels in the house)
- Phone app needs to give more historical data on usage

Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS-Enabled Unisex Sport Watch (Black)
Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS-Enabled Unisex Sport Watch (Black)
Price: CDN$ 179.00
18 used & new from CDN$ 159.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My third Forerunner, June 13 2012
Well this is my third Forerunner. I had a 301 which was good but the size was a bit... we'll say clunky. Then I had a 405 but the battery died and the touch bezel turned out to be a nightmare. Talk about accidental "clicks".

The 110 is my favourite so far. It's really lightweight. It's not overloaded with features I don't need or use. It tracks GPS route, heartrate, distance, time, and elevation. I upload the data to Garmin's Connect site so I can visually see my walks. So far the battery is lasting good, the only thing I'll say is the battery life of the 301 is unreal, but it's also many times larger than this. I like that the 110 is more discrete and lighter, so far I'm happy with my purchase. Give it a try!

Office Mac Home and Student 2011 - Family Pack (3 Licenses)
Office Mac Home and Student 2011 - Family Pack (3 Licenses)
Offered by Galactics Canada
Price: CDN$ 198.04
10 used & new from CDN$ 143.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried iWorks but couldn't take it any more, March 21 2011
I had previously used MS Office for over a decade. Then I bought a Mac in late 2009. I gave the Apple version of Office, iWorks a year. But I found it was lacking too many things and I bit the bullet and bought MS Office for Mac. I find it easier to do things like formatting my spreadsheets for printing, etc. Overall I'm glad I made the switch from iWorks to Office.

Microsoft Frontpage 2002
Microsoft Frontpage 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Easy to use, April 13 2002
This review is from: Microsoft Frontpage 2002 (CD-ROM)
I've used almost every version of MS FrontPage. It is simply the easiest to learn and use. I've tried various packages, but none have the features I need. I have numerous websites, one of which is close to 150 pages, and I love using FrontPage. The includes, photo galleries, and other features make this worthwhile.