Profile for S.W > Reviews

Content by S.W

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

S.W (Ontario, Canada)

Christmas Song, The
Christmas Song, The
Price: CDN$ 7.99
10 used & new from CDN$ 6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Roger's Amazing Take on Traditional Christmas Songs, Oct. 21 2006
This review is from: Christmas Song, The (Audio CD)
This CD is a definite must for anyone who loves Christmas. Unlike Roger's previous CD (A Time for Peace) which has original Christmas songs, this one contains the familar tradtional Christmas carols everyone knows. Roger's rich, velvety voice is one of the best in the business, and my family's gone through several tapes and CDs of this album because we keep wearig them out!! Highlights on the album include:

The Christmas Song

Ding! Dong! Merrily on High

The First Noel

White Christmas

The Little Drummer Boy

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

All the songs, however, are amazing and stand alone. This CD is a great companion to Roger's other holiday CD "A Time for Peace" (which is also outstanding). I'd reccommend you get both to really get yourself in the holiday spirit :) They're prefect listening for Christmas decorating and cold winter nights.

Roger Whittaker Christmas Album
Roger Whittaker Christmas Album
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 34.95
8 used & new from CDN$ 8.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, June 27 2006
This, along with Whittaker's "The Christmas Song" album, is the best Christmas Album you will ever own. It's so pure and joyful, I can't imagine Christmas without it. It truly captures the spirit of Christmas. I'm only 18 years old, and my mom has been playing this album for as long as my older sister and I can remember - we've gone through 3 copies of this album (on tape and CD) and are on our forth! My personal favourites are Country Christmas, I'll be Home for Christmas and Momma Mary, though every song is amazing - usually there's at least one song that seems to be just filler that is skipped over, but not in this case. Whittaker's voice is so rich and full, he makes every song special and unique. Buy this CD, you won't regret it. It'll become a Christmas tradition before you know it.