Profile for K. Wark > Reviews

Content by K. Wark
Top Reviewer Ranking: 787

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

K. Wark "Born Again Book Worm" (Chestermere, AB)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
1400 Series Rug Pad White 3' X 5'
1400 Series Rug Pad White 3' X 5'
Offered by CleverBrand
Price: CDN$ 4.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rug pad, March 30 2014
This review is from: 1400 Series Rug Pad White 3' X 5'
Much better price than at most stores that sell their brand of rug pad. The material feels a bit tacky which will reduce any possibility of slippage on any hard surface (laminate, hardwood, perhaps even tile). I trimmed mine to fit under a 2.5 x 5 rug and a 5' round rug. Since placing the pad under the rugs, neither has shifted an inch (and I have a cat that uses the rugs for traction while she's doing her strange "run around the house like a demented animal" thing at 2AM). I have laminate flooring and, again, nothing has moved at all. Perfect!

Assassin's Blade, The
Assassin's Blade, The
by Sarah J Maas
Price: CDN$ 14.43
34 used & new from CDN$ 12.71

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is 4 short stories in one, March 30 2014
This review is from: Assassin's Blade, The (Hardcover)
I LOVED Throne of Glass and came upon four short novellas in e-form. All novellas pre-date the story which continues in the full length novel, Throne of Glass. There are four separate situations the main character experienced which have a strong influence on her: they fill in the back story regarding where she came from, and shape who she is in the main novel. This book is those four novellas in one print book (yeay!). A must have for anyone who read and loved Throne of Glass and the second novel, Crown of Midnight. All I can say is that if you haven't read these books yet - what are you waiting for?? Keepers for me, without question! Can't wait for the third installment!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique lamp, March 30 2014
A beautiful floor lamp, unique base with long/narrow shade. I got the brown (like the picture). It's a touch lamp that can be used with a tri-bulb. The darker coloured shade doesn't allow the light to be bright, but gives the area a nice glow. Everything is of fine quality. Pretty fast shipping time. I'll enjoy this lamp for many years to come.

Yaktrax 8005 S Pro, Size Small (Black)
Yaktrax 8005 S Pro, Size Small (Black)
Price: CDN$ 30.36
2 used & new from CDN$ 30.36

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY handy on packed snow/ice, Jan. 10 2014
We recently had a "flash freeze" warning where I live so I finally put the Yaktrax on my hiking boots. I walk my dog around the neighbourhood three times a day so I figured I'd give these a try and see if they were any good. They're awesome on packed snow that's slippery, and they're OK on pure ice. You still have to be careful though: ice is ice and these do still slip however I've yet to have my feet go out from under me (as has happened in the past without the Yaktrax). So, all things being considered, if you're out and about in winter conditions these will definitely improve your traction and keep you a bit safer from falling. I think they're worth the money.

Sennheiser RS 170 Digital Wireless Headphone with Dynamic Bass and Surround Sound
Price: CDN$ 263.95
17 used & new from CDN$ 160.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful headphones!, Jan. 10 2014
Got these for myself as a Christmas gift and I'm glad I did. Set-up was super easy: open the box, put rechargeable batteries in the headphones, plug in the power/mic, turn on headphones/tower then you're good to go. So easy! Didn't even have to charge the headphones, it was already done. I then spent about 3 hours watching some TV and a movie - the headphones are so comfortable! The ear and top-of-head padding is very nice, and they're easy to adjust (if needed). The sound quality is excellent! I was able to hear movie dialogue without then having to turn down the volume when the music/action started. Just what I was looking for. The sound was crisp and clear. The surround sound isn't as good as an actual home theatre set-up, but it's still good enough for when you want to watch a movie without bothering anyone else. The power, volume, bass, surround sound buttons on the headphones are small but if you use the raised power button as a reference, it's easy enough to adjust without having to take the headphones off to do so. Although they are pricey, for the quality you get it's worth it. I'm very pleased with this purchase! Got the best price via Amazon.ca (compared to a number of other places) as well.

Song for Sophia (A Rougemont Novel Book 1)
Song for Sophia (A Rougemont Novel Book 1)
Price: CDN$ 1.02

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best historical romances ever!, Dec 14 2013
I read a lot: all fiction, a fair amount of historical romances in the mix. I happened upon this title and based on the previous review decided to give it a go. Am I ever glad I did! The story is amazing! Wonderfully witty banter between the two main characters with an interesting back story for the heroine: yet it wasn't overdone for the sake of making a story. Both characters flawed in their own ways but so well written, no simpering female here!! Another thing I loved is there wasn't a hint of the writer forcing things to work, everything flowed beautifully: the circumstances leading to how the main characters met, the building of the romance, the strong attraction and love for each other. One of the BEST historical romances I've ever read. This one is a "keeper" for me as well! Don't deny yourself and go on a grand adventure with this one!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful at an awesome price, Dec 5 2013
This console table was exactly what I was looking for: clean lines, no weird (in my opinion) lower shelf, had the right dimensions for the space and in the espresso colour I was hoping for. It's a nice, quality table and was super easy to assemble (took maybe 15 minutes). The price, even including shipping, was fantastic. The shipping itself was super fast - item arrived before earliest anticipated delivery date. All in all, I'm very pleased with this purchase!

Sony Dream Machine iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock Dual Alarm Clock with AM / FM Stereo Radio Tuner, 30 Station Presets, MEGA BASS MEGA Xpand Sound, Digital Display, Extendable Snooze, Sleep Timer, 2-5-7-Day Alarm Setting and Independent Dual Alarm Times

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sound!!, Nov. 10 2013
I was looking for a system that would dock/charge/play my iPod but it had to have 1) decent sound 2) a clock 3) a radio as well. This unit seemed to fit the bill so I figured I'd give it a try - am I ever glad I did! The stereo when playing my iPod is just awesome! The mega bass really gives everything a deeper, more robust sound. The radio feature is great too - I've had no issues with reception whatsoever: it has been clear and sharp from day one. The remote is an added bonus. All in all I'm super pleased with this purchase! It's a fabulous sounding machine and it looks good too.

Conair SU1W Sound Therapy Sound Machine SU1W
Conair SU1W Sound Therapy Sound Machine SU1W
Offered by zeekoos
Price: CDN$ 30.99
15 used & new from CDN$ 20.34

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright but has issues, Oct. 25 2013
Picked this machine up since it has a number of different sounds you can use, and it was a decent price. I run the machine plugged in so it runs all night: just to cancel out background noise to assist with sleeping. I have tried almost all of the different sounds (heartbeat doesn't do it for me, nor do the bird sounds) but every one of them has an exceptionally annoying "sound" that also runs in the background - almost like how a cassette tape would "squeak." The noise is distracting as my hearing picks out the uniform sound which I seem to then focus on. Instead of cancelling out background noise, it makes it's own so I'm now on the hunt for something better.

Gibson Daventry 89-Piece Flatware Set
Gibson Daventry 89-Piece Flatware Set
Offered by Urban Inspirations
Price: CDN$ 121.88
3 used & new from CDN$ 121.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Rusting after one month, Sept. 19 2013
I picked up this set locally from a Bed Bath & Beyond store. I really liked the simple look of the design and I was happy with the weight of the cutlery: they weren't flimsy. Even though these are allegedly dishwasher safe, the knives have started to rust in the serrated part, the insides of the fork tines, even the soup spoons. NOT impressed at all. Buyer beware!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9