Profile for C. A. Williams > Reviews

Content by C. A. Williams

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

C. A. Williams (Richmond, BC Canada)

Tale of Pigling Bland and Other Stories
Tale of Pigling Bland and Other Stories
DVD ~ DVD
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 70.77
13 used & new from CDN$ 29.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful mainstay of any child's library, Jan. 2 2014
These Beatrix Potter books are a must in any children's collection of books. The animal tales are so delightful and the illustrations add more joy to the tales. If only all kids could have them.

The Girls
The Girls
by Lori Lansens
Price: CDN$ 15.16
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Fictional story that you can believe is true, Jan. 2 2014
This review is from: The Girls (Paperback)
I was enthralled with this story right from the start. The author must have done a lot of research as it all seems so real and gives a good insight into the lives of con joined twins. Many freedoms we each take for granted can never be realized by them, they cannot do anything alone. Although sad in some parts, it was always entertaining and enlightening. It also full of hope.

Hôtel Pastis
Hôtel Pastis
by Peter Mayle
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 12.56
43 used & new from CDN$ 2.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Hotel Pastis by Peter Mayle, June 9 2010
I have read many of his books and it all started when I saw the UK TV show based on his book "A Year in Provence". This was an autobiography and I, like many, yearned to visit Provence after this, and I eventually did go. It it did not disappoint and I found it as picturesque as I had imagined, I certainly knew why Peter had fallen in love with the place. So I love the books as they are set in France, this story is a novel and it keeps one interested and entertained. The descriptions are vivid and aid the reader to picture the characters.
It is light hearted reading, fun and takes one away for a few hours on an imaginative journey to Provence, among the lavender, pastis and sun. Enjoy.

Burnt Toast: And Other Philosophies of Life
Burnt Toast: And Other Philosophies of Life
by Teri Hatcher
Price: CDN$ 13.83
40 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Burnt Toast by Teri Hatcher, June 9 2010
This biography was interesting and funny in places, I liked her style of writing, it was hard to put down as very entertaining but never gossipy and it never shed bad light on anyone. It was fun.

Eyewitness Travel Guides New Zealand
Eyewitness Travel Guides New Zealand
by Dorling Kindersley
18 used & new from CDN$ 1.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Witness Travel Guide New Zealand, June 9 2010
I love these guides, they are interesting to peruse as they have beautiful photos and diagrams of museums and villages. The advice is accurate, the books are laid out well with categories and sections that are logical. I usually buy one a few months before I visit each destination. There is information on the history, customs, geography and tips for the visitor.

The Da Vinci Code
The Da Vinci Code
by Dan Brown
264 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Put Down, July 5 2006
This review is from: The Da Vinci Code (Paperback)
I found it very hard to put this pageturner novel down, I thoroughly enjoyed all the characters,the twists and the plot. it certainly make one think. I recommend reading the book before seeing the movie as this really helps understand what is happening.

Good value and entertaining book.

French Country Living
French Country Living
by Caroline Clifton-Mogg
15 used & new from CDN$ 29.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Illustrated, June 30 2006
This review is from: French Country Living (Hardcover)
If you love home decor and particularly the French Country style, this book is for you. The photographs are beautiful and each aspect of this style is accuratly described. I loved leafing through it time and time again.