summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Tools
Profile for Joelene > Reviews

Content by Joelene

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Joelene (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Easy@Home Pregnancy Test Strips, 20 Tests
Easy@Home Pregnancy Test Strips, 20 Tests
Offered by Easy@Home Medical
Price: CDN$ 16.15

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, Sept. 3 2015
These are amazingly sensitive, even though it says to test on or after period. I got a faint line a few days before. Much better than store brand. Also can't beat the price. I was skeptical because they weren't expensive, but they work!

Mommy's Helper Slide Latch Cabinet Safety Latch, White
Mommy's Helper Slide Latch Cabinet Safety Latch, White
Price: CDN$ 3.99
10 used & new from CDN$ 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Sept. 3 2015
These work a lot better than others I've tried. They are easier for me to open and I can see them lasting longer.

Safety 1st Grip N' Twist Door Knob Cover, 4-Count
Safety 1st Grip N' Twist Door Knob Cover, 4-Count
Price: CDN$ 5.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars They work, Sept. 3 2015
These definitely work. I admit, sometimes it's tricky for me to open the door, especially if I have just put lotion on my hands or your hands are damp. My daughter could never open a door with these on.

Munchkin Xtraguard Dual Action Multi Use Latches, 2-Count
Munchkin Xtraguard Dual Action Multi Use Latches, 2-Count
Offered by USAsuperstore
Price: CDN$ 11.01
16 used & new from CDN$ 11.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, Sept. 3 2015
I love how these swivel, makes it very easy to move out of the way. I'm using one for the fridge and freezer and it works awesome.

AG Hair Moisture & Shine Ultramoist Conditioner 33.8 oz (1 Liter)
AG Hair Moisture & Shine Ultramoist Conditioner 33.8 oz (1 Liter)
Offered by Canada Wide Beauty Products
Price: CDN$ 45.95
9 used & new from CDN$ 36.43

5.0 out of 5 stars The best ever!, Sept. 3 2015
I have really thin fine hair. I've tried so many different products in the past, they were all pretty much the same. Some worse than others. My sister in is a hair dresser and I got a bit of this to try. I could not believe the difference it made. It did not weigh my hair down, it made it thicker and have more body while also smoothing it. I've been using it for a couple years now. It is more expensive than than a lot of others, but whenever I tried to use something else my hair just looked so flat and lifeless. Best conditioner I have ever tried, and the only one I can use. My mom got using it to and loves it.

Britax Boulevard Convertible Car Seat with Anti-Rebound Bar, Laguna
Britax Boulevard Convertible Car Seat with Anti-Rebound Bar, Laguna

5.0 out of 5 stars The best seat!, June 12 2014
I bought this seat because I had tried out my sister in law's boulevard G3 (third generation) and loved it. This is the G4 seat and the major change is the versa-tether which is a great safety addition but really annoying. It basically tethers from the top of the seat above the child to the back of the vehicle and then again to the floor. It's not as easy to get your child in and out with those straps there. Luckily, there is a solution, Britax will send you (for free) an anti-rebound bar which attaches to the bottom of the seat and negates the use of the tether. I just contacted them and they are sending it in the mail.

Apart from that, it's a wonderful seat! Very comfortable, the removable seat pillow is great for babies under 22lbs because it positions them correctly with proper support. It's easy to use the harness and a bonus that you don't need to re-thread it to adjust the height, a simple one touch button moves it easily. I love the additional safety features that go above the basic standards.
I also love that this seat doesn't take up a lot of space! I had purchased a safety first that I couldn't even fit in the back of my Dodge Avenger in the rear facing position. (And we have a lot of room back there!!)

This is a "premium" seat, and you get what you pay for. I think it's a good investment considering your child will be using it for several years (up to 65lbs).

If I have another I will purchase this seat again as well as the Britax infant model because they are the only ones with the anti-rebound technology (so far) which could save your baby from serious injury.

Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes
Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes
by Ani Phyo
Price: CDN$ 12.86
46 used & new from CDN$ 5.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, Feb. 19 2011
This book received a lot of great reviews, so I bought it. I'm not sure what the other reviewers consider healthy, but I do t think these recipes are the healthiest. Fruit should not be combined with anything else, especially not nuts and seeds!!! This book may contain healthy foods, but they are combined terribly! Most people who have studied nutrition and health know about proper food combining for digestion! I wouldn't recommend this book. A better recipe book for raw foods (plus a ton of great information) is Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine by G. Cousens M.D., M.D. H.

I Think, I Am!: Teaching Kids the Power of Affirmations
I Think, I Am!: Teaching Kids the Power of Affirmations
by Louise Hay
Price: CDN$ 14.43
55 used & new from CDN$ 7.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Great message, Nov. 18 2010
This book is written simply, but the message will certainly get through. It teaches children how to create affirmations to improve specific experiences. I bought this for my neice, but even I felt more positive after reading it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me!, Nov. 18 2010
I heard great things about this book from a few different people and after reading the reviews on here I finally bought it! I attempted to quit smoking before and it was the worst experience ever, I was so angry and miserable! After reading this book I stopped smoking with relative ease! My husband read it and is now a non smoker too! No gimmicks, nothing else you need to succeed, just read it when you reach the last page you're non smoker! FINALLY!!

Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight (Allen Carrs Easy Way)
Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight (Allen Carrs Easy Way)
by Allen Carr
79 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not for everyone, Oct. 11 2010
This book is really not for everyone. Unless you are willing to become a vegan, then I wouldn't buy this one. However, if you are open to eating a much healthier diet, then go for it! He says you can eat as much as you want, provided it is "healthy" foods. I am a vegan myself, so this book serves as a reminder to basically limit junk foods, which I already know. Haha if I did, I would surely lose that darned 10 lbs! It's a mental diet people need. That said, pick up "The Only Diet There Is" by Sondra Ray. There is no FOOD dieting allowed in that book, just mental!

Page: 1 | 2