Profile for Joelene > Reviews

Content by Joelene

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Joelene (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Britax Boulevard Convertible Car Seat with Anti-Rebound Bar, Laguna
Britax Boulevard Convertible Car Seat with Anti-Rebound Bar, Laguna

5.0 out of 5 stars The best seat!, June 12 2014
I bought this seat because I had tried out my sister in law's boulevard G3 (third generation) and loved it. This is the G4 seat and the major change is the versa-tether which is a great safety addition but really annoying. It basically tethers from the top of the seat above the child to the back of the vehicle and then again to the floor. It's not as easy to get your child in and out with those straps there. Luckily, there is a solution, Britax will send you (for free) an anti-rebound bar which attaches to the bottom of the seat and negates the use of the tether. I just contacted them and they are sending it in the mail.

Apart from that, it's a wonderful seat! Very comfortable, the removable seat pillow is great for babies under 22lbs because it positions them correctly with proper support. It's easy to use the harness and a bonus that you don't need to re-thread it to adjust the height, a simple one touch button moves it easily. I love the additional safety features that go above the basic standards.
I also love that this seat doesn't take up a lot of space! I had purchased a safety first that I couldn't even fit in the back of my Dodge Avenger in the rear facing position. (And we have a lot of room back there!!)

This is a "premium" seat, and you get what you pay for. I think it's a good investment considering your child will be using it for several years (up to 65lbs).

If I have another I will purchase this seat again as well as the Britax infant model because they are the only ones with the anti-rebound technology (so far) which could save your baby from serious injury.

Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes
Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes
by Ani Phyo
Price: CDN$ 17.33
46 used & new from CDN$ 7.72

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, Feb. 19 2011
This book received a lot of great reviews, so I bought it. I'm not sure what the other reviewers consider healthy, but I do t think these recipes are the healthiest. Fruit should not be combined with anything else, especially not nuts and seeds!!! This book may contain healthy foods, but they are combined terribly! Most people who have studied nutrition and health know about proper food combining for digestion! I wouldn't recommend this book. A better recipe book for raw foods (plus a ton of great information) is Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine by G. Cousens M.D., M.D. H.

I Think, I Am!: Teaching Kids the Power of Affirmations
I Think, I Am!: Teaching Kids the Power of Affirmations
by Louise Hay
Price: CDN$ 10.79
34 used & new from CDN$ 4.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Great message, Nov. 18 2010
This book is written simply, but the message will certainly get through. It teaches children how to create affirmations to improve specific experiences. I bought this for my neice, but even I felt more positive after reading it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me!, Nov. 18 2010
I heard great things about this book from a few different people and after reading the reviews on here I finally bought it! I attempted to quit smoking before and it was the worst experience ever, I was so angry and miserable! After reading this book I stopped smoking with relative ease! My husband read it and is now a non smoker too! No gimmicks, nothing else you need to succeed, just read it when you reach the last page you're non smoker! FINALLY!!

Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight (Allen Carrs Easy Way)
Allen Carr's Easyweigh to Lose Weight (Allen Carrs Easy Way)
by Allen Carr
42 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not for everyone, Oct. 11 2010
This book is really not for everyone. Unless you are willing to become a vegan, then I wouldn't buy this one. However, if you are open to eating a much healthier diet, then go for it! He says you can eat as much as you want, provided it is "healthy" foods. I am a vegan myself, so this book serves as a reminder to basically limit junk foods, which I already know. Haha if I did, I would surely lose that darned 10 lbs! It's a mental diet people need. That said, pick up "The Only Diet There Is" by Sondra Ray. There is no FOOD dieting allowed in that book, just mental!

The Spontaneous Healing of Belief: Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits
The Spontaneous Healing of Belief: Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits
by Gregg Braden
Price: CDN$ 12.24
31 used & new from CDN$ 5.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful & Inspirational, Nov. 1 2009
I wish everyone could read this one! This book reveals how to create your own miracles, small or large. Written is such a way as to appeal to both spiritual or scientific minded people.

The Gaia Project: 2012; The Earth's Coming Great Changes
The Gaia Project: 2012; The Earth's Coming Great Changes
by Hwee-Yong Jang
Price: CDN$ 11.17
65 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Oct. 25 2009
This a book that creates a lot of "ah-ha" moments. You feel like you are remembering things you forgot, rather than learning something new. If you are curious as to where we came from, why we are here and where we are headed, read this book.

The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook
The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook
by Susan Ward
16 used & new from CDN$ 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, Oct. 25 2009
Numerous recipes from this cookbook have become favorites that I make on a regular basis. My favorites are the Classic Lentil, Tomato Potato Stew (with the addition of sage), the Linguini with Asparagus, Walnuts and Fresh Herbs (fantastic, we have it every second week),and the Quinoa Pilaf with Sunflower and Sesame seeds. The dishes are also easy to make and call for common ingredients.

The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen
The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen
by Donna Klein
Price: CDN$ 15.16
38 used & new from CDN$ 4.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, Oct. 25 2009
I bought this book based on all the positive feedback. After trying quite a few recipes I would rate this cookbook as OK. The recipes do not call for many spices, so I found the dishes to be a little bland. For example, I made the "Garlic Soup With Potatos Italian Style" for dinner tonight and the besides the garlic, the only spices were 1/2 tsp of dried thyme and a bay leaf. If you are good at figuring out what spices will go well in the recipes, then you'll probably create a lot of tasty dishes. I much prefer 'The Complete Vegan Cookbook' by Susann Geiskopf-Hadler & Mindy Toomay.

Atlantis Rising: The Struggle of Darkness and Light
Atlantis Rising: The Struggle of Darkness and Light
by Patricia Cori
Price: CDN$ 14.44
34 used & new from CDN$ 5.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you open minded?, Oct. 18 2009
An open mind is certainly required to accept the information being presented in this book. In the absence of an open mind, this would be an interesting story that any "sci-fi" fan would enjoy. I loved this book, so much so that I had to get the rest of the series. 'Atlantis Rising' focuses on the ancients, our ancestors living in Atlantis and how the causes for their destruction mirrors our present world situation. Also discussed is secret international government activites, With 2012 fast approaching, this book reveals how we can embrace the coming changes without fear, and what we can do to create joy throughout the process.

Page: 1 | 2