Profile for lmfunk > Reviews

Content by lmfunk

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

lmfunk (MacGregor, MB)

Petsafe Stubborn Dog Receiver Collar
Petsafe Stubborn Dog Receiver Collar
Price: CDN$ 66.02
9 used & new from CDN$ 43.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, Feb. 27 2012
The dog still crossed the barrier...twice. I know you are supposed to take the collar off, then bring her back. Instead we just called her repeatedly, and she came back reluctantly the first time, bolting accross the barrier. The second time, I went and got her with a leash and she received a strong shock as I dragged her accross the barrier as quickly as I could. She has not crossed since (with the collar on).

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Receiver - Bad Collar, Feb. 1 2012
Receiver works great up to about 150 feet. Caught her in the neighbor's yard the other evening. I got in range, pushed the button, and she ran home immediately. The side release buckle is a little weak though. The one side fatigued and broke while she was wearing it. She then proceeded to chew the receiver to pieces. Looks like I just wasted fifty bucks.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Fence - Ultralight too light for labs, Jan. 26 2012
Fence worked well over 1200 ft perimeter. Actually used only 500 ft of cable provided and hooked it to existing (and unused) cattle electric wire for the rest. Still worked great. The receiver, however is not strong enough for large and energetic labradors. I went through the whole training program, and then she learned to dart across barrier when neighbor stopped at end of driveway. Even with the shock, she now goes across. I'm going to try the RF275. I wish the neighbor wasn't so nice to her when she visits him. Ughh!!

The 24/7 Experience: A DVD Curriculum on Following Jesus Every Day
The 24/7 Experience: A DVD Curriculum on Following Jesus Every Day
Offered by The Book Depository
Price: CDN$ 16.62
9 used & new from CDN$ 16.62

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, But Late, Nov. 16 2011
I have watched the three episodes, and there is a very powerful message in each (apart from the cheesy intros). Only three stars because the product was very late. Be sure to check out where the supplier is.

Worship: Rediscovering the Missing Jewel:
Worship: Rediscovering the Missing Jewel:
by Ronald B. Allen
Price: CDN$ 20.20
16 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars An example of its theme: worship, Nov. 25 2010
I have owned this book for awhile, and finally finished it on my third try. Persons like myself from a free church background may find it a little structured and I'll admit that it is a bit dated. But, the theme that the heart of worship must precede and give rise to the art of worship is relevant today. The only reason that I believe that it is a good book is because the authors believe in that concept, and with a heart for God, they have produced a fine art of worship.

The Universe Next Door: A Basic Worldview Catalog
The Universe Next Door: A Basic Worldview Catalog
by James W. Sire
Price: CDN$ 17.69
32 used & new from CDN$ 14.22

4.0 out of 5 stars bias like everything else, including your own worldview, July 15 2010
An easy read for those wanting a brief overview of the main worldviews. Sire is honest about his bias, which is more than I can say about most of us reviewers. Using the word "worldview" puts all main strains of thought on a level playing field. Contrary to popular thought, "religion", atheism, science (scientism), etc, can be weighed similarily according to their merits, and Sire proves it. His purpose is to help you understand your neighbor and learn why they do what they do. If you want to get to know your neighbor, read this book.

I plan to read it again.