Profile for Esme > Reviews

Content by Esme

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Esme (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

Organizing Solutions for People with ADHD, 2nd Edition-Revised and Updated: Tips and Tools to Help You Take Charge of Your Life and Get Organized
Price: CDN$ 10.64

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding book!, July 15 2014
If you're troubled with ADD, or even if you're not, but find organizing your life difficult, get this book. It is so easy to read and makes lots of common sense. I loved this book and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great book to get them started on developing new and easy approaches to organizing their life. Highly recommend.

The Faith Instinct: How Religion Evolved and Why It Endures
The Faith Instinct: How Religion Evolved and Why It Endures
Offered by Penguin Group USA
Price: CDN$ 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!, July 2 2014
A well-written book which probes the origins of the most primitive religions and it's people. He makes the point that religion helped people bind together and become more stable and committed to shared values and goals. This in turn led to a survival advantage. Wade backs up all that she says with research, authors' quotes and philosophers' writings. It is a fascinating read and leads you to think of many questions. If you are a thinker, and interested in Darwin's theory of evolution, I would highly recommend this book. This is one of the best books that I have read on this topic. If you are a creationist, probably don't buy it in the first place.

The Last Runaway: A Novel
The Last Runaway: A Novel
Offered by Penguin Group USA
Price: CDN$ 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read about the underground railway in a compelling story, June 12 2014
I have become interested recently in historical fiction about the early days of the United States and the struggles and circumstances that formed the country. New York by Edward Rutherford is one such book that I really enjoyed. And The Last Runaway is another. The struggles of the underground movement to aid slaves to get to freedom in Canada during a difficult time is poignant, real and compelling. This novel is sensitive in describing the issues and breathing life into the various story lines such that you feel empathy for all the characters. I really enjoyed it and recommend it.

Lighthearted at Home: The Very Best of Anne Lindsay
Lighthearted at Home: The Very Best of Anne Lindsay
by Anne Lindsay
14 used & new from CDN$ 33.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love this cookbook, June 20 2011
I am a big fan of Anne Lindsay's cookbooks. For one thing, they are all about healthy, tasty, good-for-you recipes. For another thing, she includes all the nutritional information for each recipe including calorie count. And for another thing all her recipes are easy to read and follow. i am also a big fan of the G.I. diet (or way of eating) and Anne Lindsay's cookbooks complement that approach perfectly. They are all heart-healthy recipes with an eye to good flavour, low fat and ease of preparation. I would highly recommend this book for anyone interested in cooking in a healthy way without sacrificing taste and flavour.

The G.I. Diet Express
The G.I. Diet Express
by Rick Gallop
12 used & new from CDN$ 2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars The best eating 'diet' around, June 20 2011
This review is from: The G.I. Diet Express (Paperback)
I am a real fan of the G.I. Diet. I don't think of it as a diet anymore, I just think of it as a way of eating that is healthy, tasty and sustainable. If you are looking to lose weight, you can do it with this approach, and more importantly, keep the weight off permanently. This book is the second book that I bought in this series - the first one being the basic G.I. Diet book. The Express is particularly good because there are lots of great recipes for quick meal preparation and they're all good. It is for busy people. The food is delicious and the weight comes off and stays off. No suffering. No pain. It doesn't get much better than that. I love this book and highly recommend it to anyone interesting in living the G.I. way.

Breville 2-Slice Die-Cast Smart Toaster BTA820XL
Breville 2-Slice Die-Cast Smart Toaster BTA820XL
Price: CDN$ 119.98
9 used & new from CDN$ 106.90

5.0 out of 5 stars The best little toaster ever!, June 20 2011
I absolutely love this toaster! My husband and I have bought many cheap toasters in the past, and some not so cheap - from good brand names. None of them ever toasted the bread evenly on both sides! This is the first toaster I have ever owned that toasts evenly and is an absolute delight to operate. It has some really cool features like a push button that takes the bread down, and special button that is for 'a little bit more' for when you want the bread to toast just a bit more but not through a whole new cycle. Everyone that has come over is impressed by this toaster. It looks good but it is its performance that is really why I gave it top marks. I would highly recommend this toaster to anyone. It costs a few dollars more than the many cheap versions on the market but as the expression goes (and in this case it's really true!), it's worth it.