Profile for Good Yarns > Reviews

Content by Good Yarns

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Good Yarns "Tuckertribe" (CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Where The Wild Things Are
Where The Wild Things Are
by Maurice Sendak
Price: CDN$ 17.32
47 used & new from CDN$ 6.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a winner, after two generations!, June 27 2003
We LOVE this one. It's one of only 4 or 5 books that my toddlers keep asking me to read. I remember it from childhood, but I forgot how fun it is! My kids are 3 1/2 and 2 years old and they love the repetitive parts, and the wild parts and the sweet homey ending to cranky boy being sent to bed.

Another Monster at the End of This Book
Another Monster at the End of This Book
by Jon Stone
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars almost as good as the first Monster!, July 29 2002
This is an interactive book....the kids hearing it read to them will help you decide whether to listen to Grover and stop turning the pages, or go on with Elmo...it's just what the pre-schooler loves, and I enjoy it as well!!! The first one was only with Grover, and I gotta admit, even better. Buy both!

Mitford In This Mountain
Mitford In This Mountain
by Jan Karon
80 used & new from CDN$ 0.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Karon has done it again, July 21 2002
Thank you, Jan Karon for giving me the opportunity to bask in the glow of the Mitford occupants. I learn to depend on my family and my God as I read about your wholly imperfect characters. It is through observing them in trials, listening to their thoughts, and seeing the way events unfold that I am continually reminded of the One who is in control, and of love which is to be poured out of me.

The Rag Coat
The Rag Coat
by Lauren Mills
Price: CDN$ 13.72
26 used & new from CDN$ 8.45

5.0 out of 5 stars deeply moving story of dealing with sorrow and teasing, June 16 2002
This review is from: The Rag Coat (Hardcover)
I must confess, I was not prepared to read my 5 year old a book on death...and I was a little shocked to find out during my first time reading it to her (I guess I should have pre-read it). Even so, I loved it, and so did she! This story deals with the sorrow of death and the humiliation of poverty in a real and positive way, without being sentimental. It is beautiful to see a child come up with a loving solution to her problems.

Silverbridge
Silverbridge
by Joan Wolf
Price: CDN$ 25.64
36 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars another joan wolf winner, June 16 2002
Joan Wolf is one of our favorites...her writing is interesting, and her characters usually experience a destiny-driven and wholly satisfying romance. This is a twist on her more common regency novels: It is set in contemporary times, with a regency subplot woven in. I would like to see her characters sometime have a more understated romance with less of a fate-driven perfection to it.

The Monster at the End of This Book (Sesame Street)
The Monster at the End of This Book (Sesame Street)
by Jon Stone
Edition: Board book
Price: CDN$ 6.18
100 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids easily get involved in this one!!!, June 16 2002
I've never seen kids answer the book's questions and comments the way they do with this classsic!!! They talk back to Grover, and giggle all the way to the end. I love reading this especially when my kids need a little lift.

The Shoe Box
The Shoe Box
by Francine Rivers
32 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars I was warned, but still a little disappointed!, May 13 2001
This review is from: The Shoe Box (Hardcover)
Rivers is one of my 3 favorite authors, but this one was so very, very brief! My children are too young to appreciate it as family reading and it was just too short and simple for me. Rivers generally arouses deep feelings in me for her characters, but here I was virtually unmoved. I read the warnings here in the reviews and I should have listened!

Peter's First Easter
Peter's First Easter
by Walter, Jr. Wangerin
29 used & new from CDN$ 2.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply moving, and easily engages my pre-schoolers, March 10 2000
This review is from: Peter's First Easter (Hardcover)
I just read this book last night. It tells the story of the death and resurrection of Jesus through the eyes of Peter. It opens at the last supper (he didn't know it was the last) and draws the reader into the events at a gut-level but appropriate way for children. I've told my children the easter story before, but the emotion and drama here make it clearer. The outstanding illustrations illuminate the story even more fully. I encourage you to buy it and make it an easter tradition at your house.

Valentine Kisses
Valentine Kisses
by Blair Bell
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars light and fun!, March 10 2000
What a fun read! The theme running through is love blooming through friendship, and each of the stories is heartwarming and fun. It wasn't the best, but it was very good, and with the added fun of valentine's day, it's a keeper to pull out every year.

Marians Christmas Wish
Marians Christmas Wish
by Carla Kelly
15 used & new from CDN$ 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a keeper!, March 10 2000
I love regency romances, and Carla Kelly's wit and heart make her one of my favorite authors. Marion's Christmas Wish is charming and full of the Christmas Spirit.

Page: 1 | 2