Profile for S. Pernsley > Reviews

Content by S. Pernsley

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

S. Pernsley "Ameretat" (Nashville, TN United States)

A Knight's Tale (Widescreen) (Sous-titres français)
A Knight's Tale (Widescreen) (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Heath Ledger
Offered by MusicMoviesAndMore
Price: CDN$ 9.99
11 used & new from CDN$ 1.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for everyone, May 10 2004
My whole family loves the movie. Entertaining and exciting and real. The costuming may not have been for that time period but seeing it through a romantic eye or as someone who doesn't enjoy knights and ladies, this movie will draw you in. From the moment it starts to the end (my kids love the farting contest at the very very end), you won't turn away. I wasn't too impressed with the leading lady but everyone did fall in nicely together. I got this after watching a friend's DVD. I didn't want to like when I heard "We Will Rock You" but fell in love with it. The dance scene is fun. Watching William prove his love to Joceyln, "His Foxy Lady" by doing what most would not do for anyone. Get this movie. I don't think you will regret it.

Bellydance Divas [Import]
Bellydance Divas [Import]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the viewing, Jan. 22 2004
This is a wonderful video if you wish to see different styles and levels of bellydancing. I wish that there was a way to purchase the music from this video which was so great to hear consider Rania's workout videos have more techo music.

Bellydance Fitness:Hip Drop
Bellydance Fitness:Hip Drop

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy and likable my 8 year old loves it!, Jan. 13 2003
I first purchased Rania's bellydance boogie and disliked it greatly. Not one to give up on finding a good bellydance video, I purchased Hip Hop Hip Drop and loved it. It's easy to follow but gets your heart pumping and sweat on your brow. My eight year old daughter joined in and begged to continue until she could do the scoop drop right. It's a wonderful more upbeat video to me than bellydance boogie. And the performance at the end of the video with Isis Wings is just a wonder to behold. Because of having found a good video, I went ahead and purchased Cardio Shimmy and talk about getting a workout for your sides. Wow!

Bellydance Fitness:Boogie
Bellydance Fitness:Boogie

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one Boogie, Dec 30 2002
I purchased this video based on the fact that I saw her website and brought some music that she recommended. I thought that with a Boogie title there would be some movements to get me sweating and music that would have me in love.
I was seriously disappointed. Rania looked like she wanted to do her own talking but the voiceover was there. And there there were the two blondes who seemed to get more camera time than Rania. The movements were not really what I wanted to get me up and moving (I really hated the on bended knee with chicken neck movements). Considering the type of music Rania recommends on her site I was shocked at the music selected for her dancing. It was boring, slow, and really didn't seem Middle Eastern. I am glad that I got it on sale for 8.99. I might buy the other two videos to complete the set that I have but I am not sure if I will buy anymore with her teaching unless I view it first.

Tarkan
Tarkan
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 39.95
5 used & new from CDN$ 8.87

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't help but feel the Universal Music, Nov. 26 2002
This review is from: Tarkan (Audio CD)
They say music is felt from the soul. Even though I don't understand fully what he is singing, the beat and the tone of his voice makes you either want to get up in dance or sit with the music flowing over you. I even purchased another CD of his Karma which is mellower but still has that toe tapping beat. I can't wait until America "discovers" this man and he makes a English CD. Thinking of learning Turkish just in case he doesn't. LOVE YOU TARKAN.