Profile for Glenda T. > Reviews

Content by Glenda T.

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Glenda T. (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
A Piece of Cake: A Memoir
A Piece of Cake: A Memoir
by Cupcake Brown
Price: CDN$ 13.68
42 used & new from CDN$ 0.65

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put this book down!!, June 5 2010
Cupcake Brown's book was such an amazing book that I couldn't put it down! I couldn't believe what she had to endure at such a young age and her journey along the way. Even though she went through hell she still managed to keep her sense of humour and spunk which is probably what kept her alive. The fact that she persevered and came out on top was truly inspirational!!! Go Cupcake go!!!

Stay Close: A Mother's Story of Her Son's Addiction
Stay Close: A Mother's Story of Her Son's Addiction
by Libby Cataldi
Price: CDN$ 25.56
12 used & new from CDN$ 7.92

5.0 out of 5 stars An emotional journey, June 5 2010
It's really true, there is nothing more powerful than a mother's love and to watch Libby tell her story of how she was losing her son Jeff to drugs was heart wrenching. For any parent going through something like this it is a must read. I applaud her honesty and her baring her soul in this book as it couldn't have been easy to write. Many times I felt like crying along with her, getting angry along with her and trying not to lose faith right along with her. This book was a rollercoaster ride in the amusement park of hell called drug addiction and I highly recommend it to anyone, particularly those with a child battling drug addiction.

Tweak: Growing Up on Methamphetamines
Tweak: Growing Up on Methamphetamines
by Nic Sheff
Price: CDN$ 11.54
56 used & new from CDN$ 0.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutally honest and raw, June 5 2010
After reading his dad's book, David Sheff's "Beautiful Boy", I really wanted to read Nic's and see things from his point of view. I was wondering what made him become an addict and how he felt watching his dad go through the hell of his addiction. I don't know that I found an answer as to the why (is there ever?) but I found his account brutally honest and raw and was so proud of him for not giving up. Yes he relapsed time and time again but he kept trying and never gave up. This couldn't have been an easy book for him to write because he lays his soul open and bare to the world but I think it was a healing process for him and hopefully now he is able to stay clean and carry on with his life.

Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction
Beautiful Boy: A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction
by David Sheff
Price: CDN$ 13.68
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A sad journey, June 5 2010
This book was a sad journey into a dad's life with his drug addicted son and how it affected him and the rest of the family. I found it well written and honest and it made me feel alot of the same feelings that he himself felt going through all of the pain and heart ache with his son. I applaud him for being so open about something that has been hidden for so long because of embarassment and people not wanting friends and family to know about drug addicted family members. A must read for anyone going through something similar.

Stencil 101: Make Your Mark with 25 Reusable Stencils and Step-by-Step Instructions
by Ed Roth
Price: CDN$ 18.77
33 used & new from CDN$ 9.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, Dec 23 2009
This book tells you how to stencil (the different techniques) and then gives you a generous amount and wide variety of fabulous stencils to play with!! The stencils are very cool, modern and unique. This is truly a one of a kind book!

Creative Paint Workshop for Mixed-Media Artists: Experimental Techniques for Composition, Layering, Texture, Imagery, and Encaustic
by Ann Baldwin
Edition: Spiral-bound
19 used & new from CDN$ 3.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved this!, Dec 23 2009
I just loved how this book showed you the different techniques that you could do as well as took you through them step by step, showing how the project started out and then how it ends. There were alot of great tips and it was easy to understand and the artwork was visual eye candy!!

Creative Awakenings: Envisioning the Life of Your Dreams Through Art
Creative Awakenings: Envisioning the Life of Your Dreams Through Art
by Sheri Gaynor
Price: CDN$ 23.99
26 used & new from CDN$ 2.53

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was hoping for, Dec 23 2009
I was quite disappointed in this book as I was hoping for alot more techniques and examples of journal pages. This was more of someone's personal journey on why they journal, almost like a diary. I found it to be way too much reading and although there were some techniques thrown in here and there there was nothing that my other books hadn't covered.

Visual Chronicles: The No-Fear Guide to Creating Art Journals, Creative Manifestos and Altered Books
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these girls!!, Nov. 23 2008
I love these ladies sense of humour and it shows through in just about everything they journal about! I got their other book "Journal Revolution" and was so hooked on it that I knew I just had to get my hands on this one. Life is such a visual journey and in this book they show you different things you can journal about and they do it with humour, which I love. If you journal or want to start journaling you will love this book.

Journal Revolution Rise Up & Create Art Journals Personal Manifestos & Other Artistic Insurrections
by Linda Woods
Price: CDN$ 16.07
47 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Where it all started..., Nov. 23 2008
This was my first book from these girls and I was instantly hooked! They journal about the everyday stuff that we want to remember and that we should be chronicling. They show step by step different ways to add to your journal in the way of painted backgrounds, prompts, textures, text, etc.. and you also get a glimpse into their own lives. I totally recommend this for anyone wanting to start a journal! I was so hooked after this one that I bought their other book called "Visual Chronicles"!!

Artist Trading Card Workshop: Create. Collect. Swap.
Artist Trading Card Workshop: Create. Collect. Swap.
by Bernie Berlin
21 used & new from CDN$ 4.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing ATC's!!, Nov. 23 2008
This book was full of amazing and creative ATC's!! Not only is it good for a beginner, but it's good for someone who has been making ATC's who wants to take their craft to the next level! There were techniques in here that I have never even heard of let alone thought of! There was true art to be found in here, what an amazing book. A welcome addition to my library!

Page: 1 | 2