Profile for Calinira > Reviews

Content by Calinira

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Calinira

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Down Periscope
Down Periscope
DVD ~ Kelsey Grammer
2 used & new from CDN$ 5.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable!, Feb. 4 2004
This review is from: Down Periscope (DVD)
Down Periscope is an underrated movie, I know some people didn't like it because of bathroom type humor and slapstick moments but I actually think that this was an enjoyable movie and that Kelsey Grammer was great and so was the rest of the cast so if you are not uptight about bathroom and slapstick humor then you should enjoy this movie.

Canterville Ghost
Canterville Ghost

4.0 out of 5 stars The John Gielgud/Alyssa Milano Version!, Feb. 4 2004
This review is from: Canterville Ghost (VHS Tape)
This is not the old 1944 Charles Laughton Canterville Ghost movie but the 1986 modern retelling of the story and it stars John Gielgud, Alyssa Milano, Ted Wass and Andrea Marcovicci and is about an American family who inherit an old English castle that is haunted by a ghost who does not want to share his house and trys to scare them away but he discovers that the young daughter of the new owner is not afraid of him and soon they become friends and she wants him to scare off her new step-mother. I thought that this movie was really cute and it had a great cast, especially John Gielgud and Alyssa Milano and I highly recommend this movie and I'm hoping that it will be put on DVD! FYI: The Canterville Ghost is based on a story by Oscar Wilde.

The Wizard of Oz: Selections From The Score
The Wizard of Oz: Selections From The Score
Price: CDN$ 8.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Soundtrack Good For People of All Ages!, Feb. 4 2004
The Wizard of Oz is a great movie, one of the best musicals ever made and this is a good soundtrack with the wonderful songs from the movie and I highly recommend to fans of all ages of ths classic gem of a movie!

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory Original Soundtrack of the Paramount Picture
Price: CDN$ 14.95
38 used & new from CDN$ 5.28

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute Songs!, Feb. 4 2004
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a great movie and this is a good soundtrack though I agree that it would have been better if the sounds from the movie had seperate tracks like has been done on other soundtracks on CD that include sounds and dialogue from movies but it's really nice to hear the cute songs from this movie especially Candy Man which was one of my favorite songs when I was a kid in the 70's though as a child I grew up listening to Sammy Davis Jr's version of Candy Man but the version from the movie is good too and I highly recommend this soundtrack.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 34.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Soundtrack!, Feb. 4 2004
This review is from: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (Audio CD)
When I was a little girl in the 70's Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was one of my favorite movies and I went to the library and borrowed the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang soundtrack on a vinyl record album and I enjoyed listening to the songs but especially Chity Chitty Bang Bang and Truly Scrumptious and I highly recommend this soundtrack for children who love this movie and like to sing along with the cute songs.

Perfect Secrets
Perfect Secrets
by JUDITH O'BRIEN
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
33 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars I Couldn't Even Finish it!, Feb. 3 2004
I bought this book used at about 50 cents and it was so bad I couldn't even finish reading it and I'm glad that I didn't buy it brand new and pay full price for it but still I wish I used that 50 cents to purchase a better book!

Waltons: Gift
Waltons: Gift
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars The First Season is Coming Out On DVD!, Feb. 3 2004
This review is from: Waltons: Gift (VHS Tape)
The Waltons is one of my favorite one hour dramatic shows from the 70s and this episode in which a young boy is dying of cancer is one of the best and saddest episodes. The boy is played by Ron Howard from The Andy Griffith Show and Happy Days and I thought he did a great job. It's good that this episode is on video but I just found out that the first season of The Waltons is coming out on DVD and personally complete seasons on DVD is what I would go for!

Petticoat Junction
Petticoat Junction
DVD ~ Edgar Buchanan
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 33.05
4 used & new from CDN$ 24.85

4.0 out of 5 stars This Cute Sitcom Should Have Complete Season DVD Boxsets!, Feb. 3 2004
This review is from: Petticoat Junction (DVD)
Petticoat Junction aired on TV about 2 years before I was born and I grew up watching the reruns in the 70's and I thought it was such a cute sitcom and I think it's really good that there is a DVD out with some of the episodes but why haven't complete season DVD boxsets been released yet? Green Acres which I think is a spin-off of Petticoat Junction just had it's first season released in a DVD boxset so isn't it about time they also released complete seasons of Petticoat Junction on DVD?

I Dream of Jeannie a Genie in
I Dream of Jeannie a Genie in
VHS

4.0 out of 5 stars This Show Should Have Complete Season DVD Boxsets!!, Feb. 2 2004
I was a baby, only a couple of months old when I Dream of Jeannie aired on TV for the first time and I grew up watching the reruns in the 70's. All of the episodes on this tape are great but I really think they should put out I Dream of Jeannie on DVD in complete season boxsets because I think DVDs would be so much better then video tapes that wear out easily.

Police Academy 4
Police Academy 4
DVD ~ Steve Guttenberg
Offered by 1stVideo
Price: CDN$ 16.89
3 used & new from CDN$ 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Steve Guttenberg's Final Police Academy Movie!, Feb. 2 2004
This review is from: Police Academy 4 (DVD)
I fondly recall watching Police Academy 4 with my nephews who were big fans of this series and also had the action figure toys. Police Acadamy 4 is pretty funny and I liked it just as much as the first 3 movies in the series. BTW: This is Steve Guttenberg's last Police Academy movie and he did not star in Police Academy 5 which just wasn't the same without him so sit back and enjoy watching Steve Guttenberg's final performance as Mahoney!

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30