Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store NFL Tools
Profile for Raymond Vallee > Reviews

Content by Raymond Vallee

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Raymond Vallee

AlpineSwiss Leather Card Case Wallet Slim Super Thin 5 Card Slots Front Pocket
AlpineSwiss Leather Card Case Wallet Slim Super Thin 5 Card Slots Front Pocket
Offered by Alpine Swiss Store

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good wallet., Aug. 6 2015
It's a good wallet.. It doesn't hold as much cards as my previous wallet did(my last wallet was a bit nicer; but not found anywhere)....

It is a very good slim wallet though.

Insten® Money Clip Genuine Leather Wallet Case , Black
Insten® Money Clip Genuine Leather Wallet Case , Black
Offered by Eforcity
Price: CDN$ 12.59

3.0 out of 5 stars It's better than most other wallets, June 20 2015
This wallet is ok.. It's better than most other wallets.. But, it's not nearly as good as my previous wallet.

My previous wallet was smaller, thinner and held more cards than this wallet can hold. This wallet is bigger, is way too tight, cards are hard to pull out(even though I have 2 less cards in it than I had in my thinner wallet... I was initially skeptical because of the money clip; I thought it would be too bulky(I don't carry cash)... It's not even the bulkiness, it's the tightness of the leather...

My last wallet was a 'swiss gear' thin wallet and it was 'perfect' for people who don't carry any cash on them; I just can't find that exact wallet anywhere I looked.... It lasted me a few years, and it held more cards, was super thin and un-noticeable... I think it was made out of a thinner, more stretchier leather so the cards can pull out much easier... Wish I could find where to buy my old wallet..

Compared to other wallets i've had, this is good.. Once I purchased that thin 'swiss gear' wallet; this 'Insten' wallet doesn't even come close!!

Electric Machinery (2nd Edition)
Electric Machinery (2nd Edition)
by Peter F. Ryff
Price: CDN$ 154.15
21 used & new from CDN$ 39.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Clearly defined book on electrical machines concepts, Nov. 2 2012
As to the previous comment,

This book would be very hard to understand for somebody that doesn't know anything about this subject. For somebody who is not in school and has no previous background in Electrical Engineering at all then this book is probably not for you.

I most definitely agree that this is one of the most difficult 300 page book that I have ever read in my life! Complex subjects are not always clearly defined! It is very difficult to transmit complex subjects into your brain. It doesn't make your teacher, or the author, an idiot, it just requires a lot of studying to get it into your brain.

However, For somebody who is on his 2nd year of Electrical Engineering. It is a wise choice to purchase this book. It was a requirement in my 'Electrical Machines' course.

The Education of Millionaires: It's Not What You Think and It's Not Too Late
The Education of Millionaires: It's Not What You Think and It's Not Too Late
by Michael Ellsberg
9 used & new from CDN$ 18.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this book... Please, Feb. 19 2012
First of all, the author isn't even a millionaire, and was only making $100,000 per year - only because he was good at sales and marketing, which you learn in school.

He's anti-education and believes that school is a waste of time and won't give you skills to make real money. Well, first of all in Ontario the average family doctor makes $300,000 per year, a specialized doctor makes an average of $360,000 per year. The average Chartered Accountant in Canada earns $192,000 a year, Engineers earn $100-$160,000 per year etc, etc... Much more than what this guy makes - before he decided to write a book on being highly successful, of course, which he is not even qualified for. He's articulate enough to write a book, I will give him that credit.

Ok, if you want to make lots of money you wouldn't take something like 'art history' and expect to make a lot of money - obviously.. Take something that is in demand - obviously. Have a plan - obviously. And no you don't need to rack up a half a million dollars in debt to go to school!!!! I knew one psychiatrist who only ended up having to pay $40,000 when she was finished school, which is nothing... Have common sense..

All these anti-education, non-practical books out there about success are turning people into complete morons!!!!! A lot of random people are talking about their future and saying, 'school is a waste of time and money, i'm just going to buy a triplex and be automatically set up for life', or, 'i'm just going to start a business and then i'm automatically going to be rich for life', then after talking with them and asking them what they're going to do or what skills they do have that they can offer people, you find out that they do not have any skills or knowledge about anything whatsoever and they will never amount to anything in their lives.. This is not what the world needs. We don't need more and more losers floating around dreaming about getting rich without knowing anything about anything or having any skills to serve others at all!!!!!

Advanced Guitar Soloing: The Professional Guide to Improvisation
Advanced Guitar Soloing: The Professional Guide to Improvisation
by Daniel Gilbert
Edition: Sheet music
Price: CDN$ 26.21
22 used & new from CDN$ 14.65

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok..., Jan. 7 2011
Wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I can play anything in the book with ease. I was looking for something that would help me understand musical theory and the application of theory as well as enhance my creative ability. I also didn't find anything in the book that really challenged me to help me become a better guitarist, but that's just me..