biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno
Profile for Barb > Reviews

Content by Barb

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Barb

Page: 1 | 2
C Crane Co CWF CC WiFi Internet Radio
C Crane Co CWF CC WiFi Internet Radio
2 used & new from CDN$ 177.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Couple of minor annoyances, Jan. 25 2016
I'd give this radio 5 stars but for two annoyances: No "sleep" button on the radio itself (you have to scroll through the settings every night to set) and the cheap quality remote. The remote itself works fine, it's just the chintzy quality. It should have a backlight so other than memorizing the buttons or having to turn on a bedside lamp, one could navigate the buttons in the dark. There isn't even a "blip" on the "5" button to orient one's fingers in the dark. And the overlay looks like it's starting to delaminate from the remote itself. On the plus side, no night-time glare from the display, unlike my old Sanyo and a much smaller footprint taking up less real estate on my night table. Connection to my Reciva account was super-fast and the setup was much quicker & easier than with its predecessor. Also changes presets much, much quicker so a bonus there. I'm left wondering, given the difference in price ($50 +/-) I shouldn't have opted instead for the Ocean which appears to have the very same features.

12 Pcs. (3x4) E-Cron Toothbrush heads, Replacement for Philips Sonicare ProResults. Fully Compatible With The Following Philips Electric ToothBrush Models: DiamondClean, FlexCare, FlexCare Platinum, FlexCare(+), HealthyWhite, 2 Series, EasyClean and PowerUp
Offered by E-Cron Canada
Price: CDN$ 37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An affordable alternative - can't tell the difference, Dec 29 2015
I was buying the Sonicare refills at Costco but the price has gone up to $49.95 + 13% HST for 6! Yikes! That's when buyer resistance kicked in and I starting looking for a more economical alternative. I decided to try these based on Amazon's reviews. I've got the first one of the E-Crons on my brush right now and after a week of use, can't say I've noticed any difference .

Optional K-cup Coffee Paper Filter for Ekobrew Single Serve Filter (300 Count)
Optional K-cup Coffee Paper Filter for Ekobrew Single Serve Filter (300 Count)
Offered by canFly
Price: CDN$ 23.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes your refillable pods competitive with K-Cups, Dec 29 2015
These have made using the Ecobrew & similar refillable pods practical. Before, one was stuck with trying to dump the grounds out of the pods, a messy chore. I'm on a septic system so rinsing out the pods under the faucet is not an option. Now I just pop the lid and dump the contents into the garbage. No mess, no plastic, just a bit of grounds stuck to the lid which easily cleans off. I bought the 300 pack & when I run out, will certainly buy them again. I agree with a previous reviewer that the filters slow down the brewing process which makes for a stronger coffee. I had become discouraged over the quality of brew using refillable pods and had gone back to buying K-Cups. Not any more!

Whole House FM Transmitter 3.0
Whole House FM Transmitter 3.0
Offered by UrbanInspirations
Price: CDN$ 278.54
4 used & new from CDN$ 278.54

3.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted, Aug. 9 2015
Revised Review Aug. 13: This unit worked great when I first bought it early 2013 to broadcast from my internet radio to other radios in the house as well as outside. Unfortunately,the display has failed (o readout) so I'm unable to adjust any of the settings. I bought this based on the rave reviews on amazon.com. My only conclusion is that I got a lemon.

At the time I bought this radio from TAW-Global's website, the price was US $125 so factoring in the exchange rate, probably around CD$135. As I didn't purchase an extended warranty, according to TAW, I'm out of luck. They refuse to replace the defective unit. So $60/yr pro-rated.

Correction: My earlier review stated that the unit was dead, implying that it wouldn't transmit. My error - I had it plugged into the wrong radio outlet (red-faced face-palm).

Orei HD-102 1x2 1 Port HDMI Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P and 3D Support One Input to Two Outputs (Black)
Price: CDN$ 30.27
9 used & new from CDN$ 28.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd found about this sooner, Nov. 8 2014
Bought this to share my Bell TV satellite signal between my LR & kitchen TVs. My previous setup was HDMI to the main tv & coax running from the Bell receiver to the kitchen TV which always produced a crappy picture plus a delay in sound/picture in the kitchen. Replaced 40' of coax with HDMI ($$$ - the cost of this splitter is the least of it). Finally no audio/video lag - used to sound like an echo chamber when both tvs were on. Both tvs have excellent audio/video quality - absolutely no degradation on either.

COD(TM) Screen Protector Film Matte Clear (Anti-Glare Anti-Fingerprint) for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T3100 (3-pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Application, Jan. 30 2014
I applied this to my Samsung Tab without a problem. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to apply. The few tiny bubbles were easily smoothed out with my finger. The matte finish doesn't darken the screen, unlike a similar product (not COD) I had used on another tablet. You'll still get some glare from lighting, but it does the job as advertised. I'm satisfied and would buy again.

ACE Protective Leather Case Stand Case For Acer Iconia Tab A100 Tablet PC
ACE Protective Leather Case Stand Case For Acer Iconia Tab A100 Tablet PC

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Fit, Oct. 30 2012
Just as the previous reviewer stated, this cover is a perfect fit. I use my tablet primarily as an e-reader and this cover makes it much more comfortable to hold for extended periods.

GreatShield Ultra Anti-Glare (Matte) Clear Screen Protector Film for Acer Iconia Tab A100 7-Inch Tablet (3 Pack)
Offered by theWireless Company
Price: CDN$ 10.61
2 used & new from CDN$ 10.61

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for your tablet, Oct. 21 2012
Like other reviewers, I found the glare annoying, not to mention continually having to wipe the screen of fingerprints. This is a perfect fit, was surprisingly easy to apply and absolutely no bubbles. However, the little card supplied as a squeegee is inadequate; you probably won't get more than one application from it. I'd suggest using an old credit card instead.

I now have a screen that mimics perfectly the matte screen of a dedicated e-reader with the bonus of not having to constantly clean fingerprints.

Breville 2-Slice Die-Cast Smart Toaster BTA820XL
Breville 2-Slice Die-Cast Smart Toaster BTA820XL
Price: CDN$ 149.99
16 used & new from CDN$ 89.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job with home-made bread, Jan. 3 2012
I bought this toaster when it was on sale during Boxing Week. Even on sale, I hesitated at paying that much for a toaster when I could have bought one for 1/3 the price. After using my Breville for a week, I'm glad I took the plunge.

I bought the Breville based on the mostly positive reviews here and on amazon.com. It does my toast to perfection - 12-grain bread done on the maximum setting turns out perfectly toasted both sides every time, nice & crunchy, without the stripes from the elements. I was surprised - no flipping required. If I have one quibble, it's that the slots could be slightly longer to accommodate larger slices. It appears to be sized towards commercial bread slices (which are getting smaller all the time) so either I start making smaller loaves, or clip the ends off the slices.

I've never had a toaster that would toast my bread-machine bread properly. My previous toaster was hit & miss. My toaster oven sort of does the job but it's slooooow and involves flipping the toast over to get both sides evenly toasted and even then, it's not really "toasted". Toasters all seem to have a problem with home-made bread - it's more dense and moist than the commercial product, more thickly sliced and takes longer to toast evenly. Every toaster I've had required the maximum setting. So far, the Breville seems up to the job.

Joel Harper's Firming After 50
Joel Harper's Firming After 50
DVD ~ Not Available
Price: CDN$ 5.88
9 used & new from CDN$ 5.88

4.0 out of 5 stars OK the first few times, then narration gets annoying, Sept. 29 2011
It's OK the first few times but once you're familiar with the program, it's annoying to have to pause and listen to Joel's comments on proper position/method, etc. There's too much explanation and pausing before moving on to the next set. There should be two versions on the DVD - a "learner" version which you follow until you're familiar with the exercises, then the program itself with few pauses. Wish I could turn Dr. Roizen off as well - his comments become obnoxious after you hear them every time you exercise.

As one gets older, one's strength and balance decline so this is an excellent program to follow. None of the exercises is difficult but try doing them while balancing on one foot! Do this program on a regular basis and you'll improve your balance and posture. I know my balance has improved significantly.

Overall, I like the three programs (upper body, lower body & core).

Page: 1 | 2