Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Amazon Customer (Washington, DC United States)

Welsh Corgis: Pembroke and Cardigan
Welsh Corgis: Pembroke and Cardigan
by Richard Beauchamp
Price: CDN$ 9.89
36 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for people narrowing down their breed selection, Oct. 16 2001
We purchased this book to help us learn more about Corgis, as we were pretty sure we wanted to add a Corgi to our family. This is a concise book, with much Corgi-specific info (though the requisite all-dog info sneaks in, too). Great photos. Showed it to a breeder, and she liked it a lot, too.

A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Two
A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Two
by George R.R. Martin
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 10.79
82 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare sequel, Oct. 11 2001
It is rare that I find a sequel as compelling as the first book. _A Clash Of Kings_ is a happy exception. The character development continued with astonishing skill, the plot build naturally from the first book and kept me guessing. I ripped through this book, and am waiting not-so-patiently for the paperback version of the next in the series.

The King and I (Widescreen)
The King and I (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Yul Brynner
Offered by Mikani Collectables
Price: CDN$ 36.99
11 used & new from CDN$ 9.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Musical, Oct. 11 2001
This review is from: The King and I (Widescreen) (DVD)
I've been a fan of The King And I since I was a child. The DVD is a beautiful presentation of this classic. The only reason I don't rate this a full five stars is the "sing along" feature on the DVD is cheesy beyond all belief....and not in a good way.

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt The Lord Of The Rings (Collector'S Edition)
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt The Lord Of The Rings (Collector'S Edition)
by J.R.R. Tolkien
Edition: Imitation Leather
9 used & new from CDN$ 68.51

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Version of the Best Trilogy, Oct. 11 2001
Everyone else has said it all before me, except this:
This is the ONE THING I remember my parents arguing over in their divorce -- who would get this volume?

Burgermeister's Daughter
Burgermeister's Daughter
by Steve Ozment
Price: CDN$ 12.27
53 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Very compelling read; I couldn't put it down., April 18 2001
Wow, I'm a little surprised at the negative reviews for this book. I picked it up at a conference over Easter weekend, and couldn't put it down. I found the historical and political contexts to add greatly to the personal drama. I thought the author left enough room for the reader to add his/her own interpretations -- I was left speculating on will in women being equated with madness and witchcraft.
I would -- and have -- recommend this book highly.

The Eight Essential Steps to Conflict Resolution
The Eight Essential Steps to Conflict Resolution
by Dudley Weeks
Price: CDN$ 12.64
42 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Life Skills Reference Book, March 23 2001
This book teaches the reader a process towards better conflict management. It is not a hard process to learn; its not an easy process to use all the time, though. That being said, I recommend this book HIGHLY, especially to anyone who is looking for ways to make their home life, work life, or community life more enriching.
Dudley was a professor of mine in undergraduate. He's a great man, and this is a *great* book.

Sister Wolf
Sister Wolf
by Ann Arensberg
13 used & new from CDN$ 3.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Even Good Plane Reading, July 25 2000
This review is from: Sister Wolf (Paperback)
I bought "Sister Wolf" on the strength of the cover, blurb, and awards it received. I needed something to read on a six hour flight to Dublin.
The book was not engaging. I couldn't feel close to the characters, nor did I find their actions to be motivated by...anything.
This is a dreadful book, and I had to force myself to finish it.
Then, I did what I rarely do: I threw it into the trash.