Profile for S. Black > Reviews

Content by S. Black

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

S. Black (Calgary, AB, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Amazon.ca Gift Certificates - E-mail Delivery
Amazon.ca Gift Certificates - E-mail Delivery
Price: CDN$ 0.15

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, Jan. 12 2013
These were easy to use and easy to track. I was able to resend it when the recipient lost it and it was easy to figure out.

Perfect in Ten: Stretch -  10-minute workouts with Annette Fletcher
Perfect in Ten: Stretch - 10-minute workouts with Annette Fletcher
DVD ~ Annette Fletcher
Price: CDN$ 21.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 9.62

5.0 out of 5 stars fast delivery, quality product, Jan. 12 2013
This came in very quickly. It is a good product and it was well received by my gift recipient. It came just in time for the gift exchange!

Captivating A Guided Journal
Captivating A Guided Journal
by John E Eldredge
Price: CDN$ 16.60
72 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to be comfortable in my own skin, Jan. 27 2010
This book is well written and truly speaks into my womanly soul. I'm enjoying the journey. I am only a few chapters in but every page I devour, nourishes me. I am using this book and the study guide in the near future for a life group. For now, it's a great read for myself.

Sacred Influence: How God Uses Wives To Shape The Souls Of Their Husbands
Sacred Influence: How God Uses Wives To Shape The Souls Of Their Husbands
by Gary Thomas
Price: CDN$ 13.18
38 used & new from CDN$ 6.68

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for every woman married to be married, Jan. 27 2010
This is a very meaty book, full of information to equip woman in the marriage arena.

Boundaries In Marriage
Boundaries In Marriage
by Henry Cloud
Price: CDN$ 15.15
41 used & new from CDN$ 5.18

4.0 out of 5 stars learned a lot about myself, throw out the last section of this book, July 28 2009
This review is from: Boundaries In Marriage (Paperback)
Read everything except the last section. It shouldn't be published because it causes people to self diagnose. Learning my own boundaries and realizing my husbands was very helpful. I would recommend this book for any married couple.

French, Conversational: Learn to Speak and Understand French with Pimsleur Language Programs
by Pimsleur
Edition: Audio CD
Price: CDN$ 36.99
20 used & new from CDN$ 31.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Pimsleur's techniques are second to none!, July 28 2009
From French, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese....I've purchased them all. They are great! I highly recommend Pimsleur audio lessons to anyone who would like to be conversational in any language. They are a series of 30 minute lessons. They are fun, easy and very affordable.

Chinese (Cantonese), Q&S: Learn to Speak and Understand Cantonese Chinese with Pimsleur Language Programs
by Pimsleur
Edition: Audio CD
Price: CDN$ 16.47
23 used & new from CDN$ 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lessons! Easy and Fast!, March 8 2009
Pimsleur is a great teacher with very good methods. I brushed up on my Cantonese and my husband is learning it. No matter what Pimsleur material you buy you will learn a lot and enjoy it. Don't be surprised to be speaking complete sentances within a few days!

God's Little Devotional Book For Women
God's Little Devotional Book For Women
by David C. Cook
43 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars STill Good but not as good as the original, March 8 2009
The stories and teaching from this book is really good. I share this with co-workers, family and friends all the time. I do like the layout of the original better though (purple with flowers on the cover) because the font is bigger and it's laid out better and it's more approachable. This version has the content but the layout seems less appealing to me and harder to read. Regardless, a very good book to have at home or at the office.

Lonely Planet Greece 6th Ed.: 6th Edition
Lonely Planet Greece 6th Ed.: 6th Edition
by Carolyn Bain
Price: CDN$ 31.03
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.39

5.0 out of 5 stars a MUST HAVE for travel in Greece, March 8 2009
This book helped us so many times when we travelled to Greece. The sccomodations recommended were awesome. The book is well written with many very good suggestions. Our experience in Greece would not have been the same without. Because of the book we ventured out on our own with a rental car to southern Greece from Athens and it was AWESOME! Always buy a copy of the Lonely Planet no matter where you travel. We always do. It's worth it.

Sunseed
Sunseed
Price: CDN$ 9.33
7 used & new from CDN$ 3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Picks me up when I'm down, March 8 2009
This review is from: Sunseed (Audio CD)
Her music is very happy. I like to put this CD on when I need a pick-me-up. It's also a good one for a coffee night or sun bathing day. All around a very good CD to have available. I don't know how to describe the genre...but she did write all her own songs and that's pretty cool. She's also a Canadian artist...

Page: 1 | 2