Profile for Robert Parker > Reviews

Content by Robert Parker

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Robert Parker (Baltimore, MD)

Flip the Switch: Discover the Weight-Loss Solution and the Secret to Getting Started
by Jim Karas
30 used & new from CDN$ 1.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, Jan. 11 2003
The title of my review sums up my feeling toward this book. I had heard of Mr. Karas' earlier book, The Business Plan for the Body and had intended to buy it but like most of my good intentions, never got around to it.
I frequently read his column in Good Housekeeping magazine and this week happened to see him being interviewed by Diane Sawyer. He has done a terrific helping her lose weight. Anyway, I bought Flip the Switch and immediately started reading it. This book makes sense.
Also, Karas can write. The first two chapters on believing in your ability and the second, visualizing yourself successful at weight loss were extremely helpful to me. Also, they weren't silly overly Oprah pop psych. Karas gives his readers realistic advice.
He then details all the excuses we humans use to avoid facing reality when it comes to weight loss, and he not only refutes them, he outlines how to overcome them.
I began my weight loss program two days ago. I've had it with the excess weight and this time I going to make weight loss a priority, I'm fliping the switch and that switch is staying on for the rest of my life.