Profile for Japan Lover > Reviews

Content by Japan Lover

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Japan Lover

Page: 1 | 2
Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 4
Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 4
by Daisuke Sato
Price: CDN$ 11.55
29 used & new from CDN$ 5.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this volume!!!, July 24 2012
The Highschool of the Dead story continues to be great in this volume! If you've seen the anime, then this volume is where the anime goes up to, plus there is one chapter that wasn't in the anime which was really great and has some new characters as well. I really enjoyed this volume and can't wait to read volume 5, I have no idea what's going to happen now that it is past where the anime is so we will just have to see, I have no doubt this series will continue to be awesome though. I love the characters the story and the zombie killing, I've already ordered 5 and can't wait to see what happens.

Claymore, Vol. 20
Claymore, Vol. 20
by Norihiro Yagi
34 used & new from CDN$ 2.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing volume, July 14 2012
This review is from: Claymore, Vol. 20 (Paperback)
Wow I'd been waiting for this volume ever since the CRAZY ending to volume 19, and oh my oh my, A LOT has happened in this volume! Many crazy developments happen throughout this volume and like always I cannot WAIT for the next one, a very very great ending awaits you. :) My favourite manga series keeps getting better and better, and it still seems like there is a lot left for the series so hopefully it will keep going for a lot longer! Well the wait for volume 21 is only 4 months now and I have a feeling anyone who reads this will spend the next 4 months biting their nails. If you haven't picked up volume 20 or any of the earlier ones what are you waiting for? Amazing art, amazing story, amazing characters, Claymore has it all! A series not to be missed!

Psyren, Vol. 3: Dragon
Psyren, Vol. 3: Dragon
by Toshiaki Iwashiro
35 used & new from CDN$ 2.41

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a great volume!, July 6 2012
This review is from: Psyren, Vol. 3: Dragon (Paperback)
Wow this series keeps getting better and better! A lot of great stuff happens this volume and some great new characters introduced, and by the time you get to the end of the volume you wonder just what's going to happen now in #4! I'm so glad viz is publishing this manga here, we've got a lot of volumes left to go in this great series. Highly recommended especially if you like series like Bleach!

Monster Hunter Orage 4
Monster Hunter Orage 4
by Hiro Mashima
Price: CDN$ 10.79
22 used & new from CDN$ 3.16

5.0 out of 5 stars The last volume in such a great series!, March 10 2012
This review is from: Monster Hunter Orage 4 (Paperback)
I had been waiting for this ever since I finished Volume 3, and when it finally arrived (with a couple other mangas), my hands were trembling and heart was racing as I opened the box, I couldn't wait to read it. This was such a great volume I can't even believe it's over I'm so sad now. :( I'm going to miss all of these characters, they are all so lovable. Hiro Mashima is my favourite mangaka and it is sad to see this series come to a close, but I know that I will keep coming back to this series in the future. I definitely recommend this series to anyone who is a fan of Hiro Mashima's mangas like Fairy Tail or Rave Master.

Also there is a 4-koma bonus series done by Hiro Mashima's assistant, Shin Mikuni, which is maybe 50 pages long, it is a bunch of really funny 4-koma comics related to Monster Hunter and stuff, they are really hilarious and I didn't think something like this would be in the volume, it was a surprise after you're done reading the Monster Hunter Orage chapters. :)

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - Nintendo DS Standard Edition
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - Nintendo DS Standard Edition
Offered by Orion Xpress
Price: CDN$ 15.98
15 used & new from CDN$ 12.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome storyline and awesome game!, Feb. 17 2012
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If you have not played any of the Ace Attorney series, then you really must because it is definitely my favourite series of all time, and Miles Edgeworth lives up to my expectations for the series, it even surpasses my expectations, it is just such a great game, every case always has crazy twists and crazy characters and so many funny parts, and this time for the first time in Ace Attorney series you can actually walk around and control your character instead of being all text, so that is really cool also walking around the environments, basically you must play this game and the rest of the series, if you have not then you are missing out on life! That is how good this series is!

Monster Hunter Orage 3
Monster Hunter Orage 3
by Hiro Mashima
Price: CDN$ 10.79
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Only 1 volume left after this! :(, Feb. 17 2012
This review is from: Monster Hunter Orage 3 (Paperback)
Wow, yet another great volume in this series, to be honest I have already read it twice and might read a 3rd time before the last volume comes out, Hiro Mashima is my favourite mangaka of all time for sure. There are so many funny parts I laugh no matter how many times I read them. xD And there are also sad parts also. :( What a great series though, I love Shiki and Ailee and Sakya and all of the characters in this Monster Hunter Orage world, I don't want only 1 more volume. If you haven't picked up all 3 volumes yet then what are you waiting for!?

Claymore, Vol. 19: Phantoms in the Heart
Claymore, Vol. 19: Phantoms in the Heart
by Norihiro Yagi
31 used & new from CDN$ 2.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Such an awesome volume!!!, Feb. 17 2012
Claymore 19 is the best, if you've read 18 then you probably couldn't wait to read this one just like me, things are just getting crazy in the Claymore universe, and there is a lot of really unexpected stuff that happens in this volume, I literally cannot wait until Volume 20 is released I need to see what happens next!!! This is one of my favourite manga series I'm following right now, man oh man are you missing out if you have not read this volume or this series!

Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 3
Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 3
by Daisuke Sato
Price: CDN$ 11.19
43 used & new from CDN$ 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars This is such a great series!, Feb. 17 2012
Highschool of the Dead is a really great series, and this volume especially was really good. It is continuing the story from Volume 2, and is really great I like the art and the characters, also I am looking forward to reading Volume 4 because if you've seen the anime, the anime goes up to volume 3 and a tiny bit of volume 4, so now I can't wait to see where the series goes.

Tales of the Abyss - Nintendo 3DS Standard Edition
Tales of the Abyss - Nintendo 3DS Standard Edition
Price: CDN$ 29.99
24 used & new from CDN$ 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this game and support Tales series!, Feb. 17 2012
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Tales of the Abyss is the best, even if you've already played it on the PS2 it is still worth getting on 3DS as well! We have to support the Tales series so that Namco decides to bring over more games from the series like Tales of Xillia and Tales of Innocence R, so definitely buy this game. Even if you haven't played a Tales game before, it is one of my favourite RPG series, it has real time combat and is a very long game so great value for your money. Also this story is one of my favourites I really like the characters and the twists. So if you are looking for an RPG for the 3DS, this is the best one that will be on the system for many years to come!

One Piece, Vol. 46
One Piece, Vol. 46
by Eiichiro Oda
40 used & new from CDN$ 2.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Starts one of my favourite arcs, Thriller Bark!, Nov. 12 2011
This review is from: One Piece, Vol. 46 (Paperback)
This volume of manga starts one of my favourite One Piece story arcs, Thriller Bark! It is really just an awesome volume, super hilarious as they explore this zombie island, really sets up this arc perfectly. Just such an awesome volume of manga and really such a great series overall!

Page: 1 | 2