Profile for 18masterkyle > Reviews

Content by 18masterkyle

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

18masterkyle

The Value of Simple: A Practical Guide to Taking the Complexity Out of Investing
by John a. Robertson
Price: CDN$ 16.10
5 used & new from CDN$ 16.09

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent beginner Canadian investor's book., April 10 2015
As a beginner investor, I look for reading material that's simple, easy to read, and easy to understand. Mr. Robertson's book covers all three points.

-simplified explanations of TFSA, RRSP, different investment strategies (TD e-series, Tangerine, Questtrade).
-Excellent explanation of compound interest ("bunnies"). It'll make you laugh!
-Quick, short read
-Great for beginner investors. The book walks you step by step into opening investment accounts.

*I was provided with a review copy upon request. The author has not paid me or influenced me in this review.*

XCSOURCE Circle Windows Case Cover Qi Wireless Charging Case for LG G3 D855 Cuddly BC432
Offered by XCSOURCE-CA
Price: CDN$ 19.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product from a not-well-known company, April 1 2015
Works great and arrived quickly. Provides lots of protector for the phone with little to no bulk. QI Charger works as advertised.

You will need to remove the back of the phone for the case to fit.

End of the Line: How Overfishing Is Changing the World and What We Eat
End of the Line: How Overfishing Is Changing the World and What We Eat
by Charles Clover
Price: CDN$ 29.33
35 used & new from CDN$ 2.73

5.0 out of 5 stars End of the Line: A look at global and local fisheries, March 19 2011
To start this review, I will have to compare this fantastic book to the documentary of the same name. The documentary version mainly only focuses on tuna and the overfishing impact. This book however focuses on a wide range of overfished and underfished species (including different types of tuna, redfish, code, plaice, etc) and goes into specifics on how as a consumer it is our choices in what fish we buy that effects the amount of that species that is taken out of our oceans and lakes. This book is a great accompaniment to the documentary.

Anyone who eats fish should be reading this book now! We need to be more aware of these problems to make a change. In this day in age, you cannot plead the "ignorance card". This book has had a profound effect on my life. I only buy canned tuna from Wild Planet Foods which only catches tuna using rod and reel. Sure it's more expensive but it's worth it.

BUY THIS BOOK!