Profile for Wolvie > Reviews

Content by Wolvie

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Wolvie (Alberta, Canada)

Batman: The Complete TV Series (Limited Edition) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Batman: The Complete TV Series (Limited Edition) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Various
Price: CDN$ 199.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 165.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally on Disc! Plus Disc Replacement Info, Jan. 12 2015
Great re-mastering of the series! This is for the complainers of some of the "glitches" on some of the discs. Most people won't catch or even miss them since they are so small. Warner Brothers has caught some of the well known ones and will be issuing a couple of replacement discs for customers who have bought or have the physical sets. To get these replacement discs you will have to give your pertinent information at the following site: www dot shipment-service dot com/batman66/
Do your due diligence and perform a internet search to confirm the replacement disc program. I Hope I have been of service.

OXO Good Grips 1188500BK Salad Dressing Shaker (Clear)
OXO Good Grips 1188500BK Salad Dressing Shaker (Clear)
Price: CDN$ 19.99
11 used & new from CDN$ 18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixes (when shaken)!, Jan. 5 2015
Put your ingredients in, shake, and serve. Has a handy measurement scale on it too.
I would recommend that once you pour your dressing out, do not flip the lid at top closed right away so the remaining liquid on the pour spout has time to drain back down into the container. If not your top will have a build-up of grunge in no time.

The Endless River (Deluxe Blu-ray Casebook Edition) [CD + Blu-ray]
The Endless River (Deluxe Blu-ray Casebook Edition) [CD + Blu-ray]
Price: CDN$ 29.97
28 used & new from CDN$ 29.97

5.0 out of 5 stars 20 years in the making!, Jan. 5 2015
Out-takes of the Division Bell sessions - nothing wrong with that!

What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
by Randall Munroe
Price: CDN$ 20.65
34 used & new from CDN$ 17.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird and Wonderful Questions - Answered!, Jan. 5 2015
If you like XKCD you will like this book too! Great humor mixed with scientific explanations that the average person can understand.
If you have a nerd in your life, I'm sure they'd appreciate getting this as a present. Recommended!

Zen Pencils: Cartoon Quotes from Inspirational Folks
Zen Pencils: Cartoon Quotes from Inspirational Folks
by Gavin Aung Than
Price: CDN$ 12.26
37 used & new from CDN$ 8.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Zen-spirational!, Jan. 5 2015
I bought a couple of these books as Christmas presents for some people who are very Zen.
They were not disappointed; they loved it and would recommend it to others.
There are more cartoons online, than are included in the book.

OtterBox Commuter Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S III- Retail Packaging-Black
OtterBox Commuter Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S III- Retail Packaging-Black
Offered by Hot Deals
Price: CDN$ 36.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 36.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does its job...But..., Jan. 6 2014
This is my first review I've done, so please bear with me. I've had this cell case for just over a month and must say it's a good looking case that doesn't feel cheap in the hand like some others that I've handled. I do have a couple of cons though. The first con, which is actually minor in my mind, but still should be brought out in a review, is that the hard outer case is kind of smooth and feels slippery in the hand. It's nice for taking it in and out of your pocket though. The second con is that the hard outer case has already broken. It didn't break upon dropping it though, it broke when I tried taking off the cover to put in a new SD card. As its been pointed out in other reviews the hard plastic shell is hard to put on and take off the phone. The hard shell cracked at the bottom corner and split along a groove in the case to till it reached the notch in the middle of the phone where the micro-usb jack is. The case as it is, is still usable, it's just that I have a annoying loose piece flapping around at the bottom of my phone. The place where I bought it from wouldn't replace it since more than 14 days had passed since my purchase, but they did tell me to go to the OtterBox website and get it replaced by them, since the product warranty is good for a year after purchase. I followed OtterBox's instructions (2 photos and claim form) and submitted my claim. They got back to me quickly and it looks like I'll have a replacement sent to me and in my hands in 10 work days or less. I'll let you know how it goes.

Follow-up 2014-01-09: Received my replacement case from OtterBox in 4 days (Online claim to in hand)
Thank you Team OtterBox!

Rock and Rule (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
Rock and Rule (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
DVD ~ Don Francks
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 163.88
8 used & new from CDN$ 40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock And Rule Rules!, Sept. 29 2005
Get the two-disc version, you won't be disappointed! Unearthed films have done an EXCELLENT job on this set - the look, sound, packaging & DVD extras are all top notch (Thank You, Unearthed, you've done it justice). I remember seeing it on CBC when it first got released (1983) & I've waited till it got it's proper release on DVD till I bought it. This was draw by the great Canadian Nelvana animation studios, therefore the labeling of the Canadian version on the second disc as the alternate version is misleading, anyway, it's Nelvana's best animation ever. Highly Recommended.