Profile for Summer_Nights > Reviews

Content by Summer_Nights

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Summer_Nights

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
The Curse of Chucky / La Malédiction de Chucky (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet]
DVD ~ Brad Dourif
Price: CDN$ 13.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Chucky, I Have Loved You All Along! Xo, Oct. 10 2013
I saw Curse Of Chucky and it's perfect in every way! For the record, it takes place after Seed of Chucky (There are clues along the way). The story returns to it's roots, yet acknowledges the entire series -- Points for consistency. When it comes to my favourite part, I can only say <3, so I don't spoil it. I think this entry will go over well. It aims to win over fans of the original and that could mean the story has a chance of continuing rather than going backwards with a remake. Just bought an actual copy today. Recommended. Xo

Jeepers Creepers 1+2 (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Jeepers Creepers 1+2 (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Justin Long
Price: CDN$ 21.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Skip it if extras mean anything to you..., Sept. 28 2013
If you don't watch extras and don't care about packaging then I'd say go ahead and grab this. If those things do matter to you, stick with the individual Jeepers Creepers on Blu-ray and the DVD of Jeepers Creepers 2.

The Slumber Party Massacre Collection (Roger Corman's Cult Classics)
The Slumber Party Massacre Collection (Roger Corman's Cult Classics)
DVD ~ Crystal Bernard
Price: CDN$ 24.95
21 used & new from CDN$ 17.27

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 great films with new extras for 1 low price..., Sept. 28 2013
This set is perfect, except I wish they'd have been packaged individually like they were when they were originally released. That said, this is still better because of the new, widescreen transfers and bonus features previously not available. Xo

Halloween: 35th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray]
Halloween: 35th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Jamie Lee Curtis
Offered by Chitchats
Price: CDN$ 19.81
22 used & new from CDN$ 14.36

2.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, awkward packaging..., Sept. 28 2013
I've been so excited for this release, however, that all changed when I saw it in the store. It's too big to stack neatly with my collection. When it arrives in the mail I plan to return it. We all know there will be a 40th anniversary edition in another 5 years anyway. Xo

Friday the 13th: Part 3 & 4 [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Friday the 13th: Part 3 & 4 [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Price: CDN$ 11.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Deserves Better!, Sept. 25 2013
If you are just looking for a deal then you are all set. As a collector, I believe each of the Friday the 13th movies deserves an individual Blu-ray release. The 2009 DVDs with lenticular sleeves are far superior in the coolness department. They aren't even trying now with these.

The Net 2.0 (Bilingual)
The Net 2.0 (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Nikki Deloach
Offered by polski_film
Price: CDN$ 5.92
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars The Net 2.0 Surprised Me..., Sept. 7 2013
This review is from: The Net 2.0 (Bilingual) (DVD)
It's not the first one but it's decent for a direct to video, low profile sequel. I watched it because I liked the first one and was curious. It did much better than I'd expected. I liked it and the price is good. You can preview it on Crackle/Youtube. I watched it there and now I will buy it.

Deathship [Blu-ray]
Deathship [Blu-ray]
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 37.55
14 used & new from CDN$ 16.57

1.0 out of 5 stars Bored To Death, Sept. 7 2013
This review is from: Deathship [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Huge horror fan here. Love the 80's titles. I have to say, this movie was exceptionally boring. I waited for something to happen all the way to the end but nothing did. I do not recommend buying it. You can actually watch it on Youtube at the moment but I don't recommend that either.

Chucky: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [Import]
Chucky: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [Import]
Price: CDN$ 71.97
21 used & new from CDN$ 57.57

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars -- but I want them individually!, Aug. 27 2013
Ah, nice to see they're all there! I love the series but I will not be buying this release. I am hoping the sequels are released individually at some point with whatever DVD features carried over at least so I'm gonna wait. Excited to buy CURSE of Chucky on it's own. :)

The Last Exorcism, Part II / Le Dernier Exorcisme 2 (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
The Last Exorcism, Part II / Le Dernier Exorcisme 2 (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Ashley Bell
Price: CDN$ 21.98
3 used & new from CDN$ 15.99

1.0 out of 5 stars If You Find Boredom To Be Scary..., June 6 2013
I am a huge fan of the original and I'm also a huge fan of sequels. I went into it expecting to like it even if it suffered from sequelitus. It wasn't just that though, it was incredibly boring to sit through. I kept thinking it would pick up... but it never did. I recommend waiting for the bargain bin if you plan to see this title.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Very, very, VERY low budget for 9th Hellraiser, Dec 17 2011
I am a big horror fan. I'm very forgiving of sequels and their shortfalls. I had been following the development of this entry in the Hellraiser series, the 9th, to be exact. The film was thrown together in a couple of weeks to retain copyrights or something like that... You can research it on Bloody Disgusting or Wikipedia. I knew going in that this movie was going to be very limited in what it could pull off with the resources available in the time frame given... The movie itself looks low-budget. The acting is sub-par. The story doesn't do anything exciting for the mythology of Hellraiser. But I was able to find ways to enjoy it. I like that it went back to the roots of Hellraiser and Hellbound: Hellraiser II with bringing back the dead, one layer at a time. I'm glad I bought it... I'm actually going to watch it right now. My word of advice to everyone else: Unless you're a collector or diehard fan, you may want to rent this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11