countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools
Profile for Henri Thibodeau > Reviews

Content by Henri Thibodeau

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Henri Thibodeau (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
DAY OF THE DOGS (The Solar Flare Series Book 1)
DAY OF THE DOGS (The Solar Flare Series Book 1)
Price: CDN$ 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting account of what may yet come to pass..., Nov. 14 2015
I had some misgivings before I read Day of the Dogs, as doomsday novels are not really my cup of tea. Still, Doug McIntosh's basic premise, i.e. that a major solar flare may very well throw our modern civilization back into the dark ages, is one I take very seriously. I witnessed the March 1989 geomagnetic storm blackout in Quebec, and its implications have ever since always been at the back of mind.

This book turned out to be a real page-turner that I found very hard to put down once I started reading. Unlike One Second After, by William R. Forstchen One Second After, which centers on the events following an EMP attack, Day of the Dogs describes what may very well conspire in the final days of our high-tech civilization as a giant solar flare approaches the Earth.

The premise is that while an EMP attack would in all likelihood happen without much warning, such as the attacks of 9/11, we might have a window of opportunity to prepare for an incoming solar flare ' that is, if the powers that be choose to warn us, which is not a given.

All in all, Day of the Dogs is a riveting, unsettling, generally realistic, and quite sobering account of a fate that is more possible than most people suspect or are inclined to contemplate.

The Essential Hopi Prophecies
The Essential Hopi Prophecies
Price: CDN$ 3.68

5.0 out of 5 stars John Hogue’s “Essential Hopi Prophecies” Will Help You understand What’s Happening To Our World, Sept. 10 2015
In The Essential Hopi Prophecies, author John Hogue offers a succinct and to the point overview of Hopi prophecies as they pertain to the travails our world is currently going through.

Hogue writes that in 1948, “the Hopi elders broke their long and silent witness of humankind’s pathological treatment of the Earth and shared their prophecies with the outer world.”

Author Frank Waters was one of the first whites allowed to record the Hopi’s secrets traditions, which he documented in his classic Book of the Hopi, published in 1963.

Hogue contends that since 1948, “all of the Hopi final signs of warning have been fulfilled” – and have sadly been unheeded by the majority of the human race. So we have entered the final chapter of the Fourth World, which is ending “because of a struggle between material greed and limitation versus a reemergence of the inner, spiritual being, gone dormant inside us.”

I highly recommend you read this book if you are looking for a higher understanding of what is happening to our world – it may be coming to an end, but it is only the end of “a” world, not the end of “the” world…

One Second After
One Second After
by William R. Forstchen
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 10.63
32 used & new from CDN$ 5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting Tale of Societal Collapse, Sept. 8 2015
One Second After is a compelling work of fiction in its own right and I found it difficult to put it down once I started reading. Even more so because it offers a riveting, unsettling and very plausible look at what our world would look like after a major breakdown, caused in this case by an Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) attack on the Continental United States.

I was in Montréal in March 1989 when a geomagnetic storm disrupted electric power distribution throughout most of the province of Quebec, and caused aurorae as far south as Texas. In an instant, the whole city was plunged in the dark, and in the eerie silence that followed I entertained foreboding thoughts about what would happen if this were to last more than a few hours. The fragile veneer of our civilization was very apparent to me at that moment…

In One Second After, author William R. Forstchen graphically describes what might have happened, and what might still happen.

The Death of Money: The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary System
The Death of Money: The Coming Collapse of the International Monetary System
Offered by Penguin Group USA
Price: CDN$ 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rickards hits all the nails head on!, Oct. 10 2014
I have read several books (and countless web feeds) lately about what's happening with the economy and where we may be heading, and this is definitely the one book that hits all the nails head on. This is admittedly not an easy read, but it is definitely worth your time and effort. You may wonder where the author is going in the first chapter, but stick with it - he knows where he is going and everything will fall into place as you keep reading.

Atlas of the Civil War: A Complete Guide to the Tactics and Terrain of Battle
Atlas of the Civil War: A Complete Guide to the Tactics and Terrain of Battle
by Stephen Hyslop
Price: CDN$ 33.72
30 used & new from CDN$ 24.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Atlas Of This Terrible Conflict, Oct. 23 2013
This amazing book is up to the standards I have come to expect from National Geographic. It is a great complement to any history of the Civil War, such as Shelby Foote's "Narrative", which I am currently reading. It is also a great companion to "The Untold Civil War", also by NG. It covers the whole scope and areas of the conflict, using original NG maps as well as reproductions of period maps. The chronological organization of the content is easy to follow, and great pictures (many I have never seen before) complete the whole. A must for anyone interested in the history of this terrible conflict. Many thanks to the NG team!

The Untold Civil War: Exploring the Human Side of War
The Untold Civil War: Exploring the Human Side of War
by James Robertson
Price: CDN$ 33.72
39 used & new from CDN$ 17.05

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treat For Anyone With An Interest In The Civil War!, Sept. 4 2013
This fascinating book is everything I expect from National Geographic.

Very easy and fun to read with its short two page articles, it is a treasure throve of little known facts accompanied by some amazing pictures, many of which I had never seen before (and I have seen a few).

Although not a history per se of this tragic conflict, it is a great complement to such histories for anyone who has an interest in this fascinating period of American history. As the title says, it helps put a human face on this very uncivil war.

Heartfelt thanks to the author and to National Geographic for having published this unique book!

Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Business 2011
Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Business 2011
2 used & new from CDN$ 383.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Best version of Office I have ever used, Aug. 6 2013
I use this software daily for my work and personal needs; it's the best and most stable version of Office I have ever used on any platform, and I have been working with Office for Windows and Mac for the last 15 years.

Conspiracies and Secret Societies: The Complete Dossier
Conspiracies and Secret Societies: The Complete Dossier
Price: CDN$ 12.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for anyone interested in conspiracies and secret societies., Aug. 6 2013
This is the best reference on conspiracies and secret societies I have found. It is a credit to Brad Steiger, an amazing author I discovered years ago through his timeless classic, Mysteries Of Time And Space.

Pros: very accurate and well researched judging from the topics I am familiar with.

Cons: at times, it's hard to tell if the author agrees or not with some of the theories he discusses.

Although this a pretty complete dossier, as the title says, it serves as a general reference and introduction to the several topics covered in the book.

At times, I was left on my appetite for more, but that's the point of this book - it's an excellent starting point if you're interested in doing more personal research on each topic.

I consider this book a must for anyone interested in conspiracies and secret societies.

Talisman: Sacred Cities, Secret Faith
Talisman: Sacred Cities, Secret Faith
by Graham Hancock
Price: CDN$ 20.93
10 used & new from CDN$ 20.93

2.0 out of 5 stars Where are they going with this?, March 31 2010
Graham Hancock is a thought-provoking, insightful and well-researched author I usually enjoy reading, but this endeavor with Robert Bauval is a major disappointment. This book is all over the place trying to weave a cross-millennium conspiracy passed down from Ancient Egypt through early Christian Gnosticism, Catharism and Bogomils, the Templars, and eventually Freemasons. The plan? To build or re-build cities such as London, Paris and Washington along some mysterious blueprints handed down through time from Ancient Egypt and based on the cult of the goddess Isis... This book is filled with details about historical characters the authors do their best to link to this age-old conspiracy whose aim they never clearly explain. However, their history of Catharism and Bogomils in the Middle Ages is quite fascinating, but aside from that I don't see the point of this book other than the authors trying to make their extensive research generate some kind of return!

Un Temps d'Amour (In Love and War V.F.) (Version française)
Un Temps d'Amour (In Love and War V.F.) (Version française)
Offered by duckie35
Price: CDN$ 8.35
7 used & new from CDN$ 1.61

4.0 out of 5 stars "In Love and War" with French packaging, May 14 2009
This is basically the same product as "In Love and War" (ASIN: B00000JGHN) but with a French cover. Packaged for distribution in Quebec (Canada). French 2.0 Dolby Surround and English 5.1 Dolby digital Surround. English subtitles. Widescreen (2.35:1) and Full Screen (1.33:1). 1 h 53 min.
Comment Comment | Permalink