Profile for DarkSledge > Reviews

Content by DarkSledge

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

DarkSledge (St. Louis, MO USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Thought Crushed My Mind
Thought Crushed My Mind
Price: CDN$ 18.72
8 used & new from CDN$ 11.78

5.0 out of 5 stars it definently grows on you, June 6 2004
This review is from: Thought Crushed My Mind (Audio CD)
When I first heard this album, I thought it was one of the worst albums this band has put out. But after listening to About a Burning Fire multiple times, I really got a taste for this album. I really like the raw energy they show on this album. I especially love the cello they use on various tracks. Most Christian music out there isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but lacks the intensity that non-secular music has. I can proudly say that Blindside is one of my favorite bands and that this is one of their best albums. Although all four of their albums are absolutely amazing in their own respect. Each album they put out has a slightly different sound to it. Which makes me like them more, because why would I want 2 albums that sound exactly alike. I think people should embrace the change of a band instead of just saying they sold out. This is their heaviest album they have, but if you want their deepest album, get About a Burning Flame. Overall, great band, great record. Get all four of their recordings. The message they send is a true Christian message even if they don't say the word "God" a hundred times through the album. Just listen to the lyrics on any of his albums and try to say they aren't Christian enough. Anyways, I'm rambling, so basically, don't sleep on this band, very awesome stuff. Any of their albums are a great starting point to this band. Please enjoy this band.

Ibiza
Ibiza
Price: CDN$ 24.95
5 used & new from CDN$ 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars another strong mix album, May 17 2004
This review is from: Ibiza (Audio CD)
Oakenfold has been called the world's greatest DJ. Now this mix album may not be as great as Another World of Swordfish but its hard to beat those mixes. I also may be one of the few that really liked how he through some Radiohead into the mix. I think the song just fits for some reason. His mixing is untouchable, as well as his song selection. I highly recommend this album to further your Oakenfold mix album collection. Another strong mix that shows you why he stands above the other DJs. Some of you may not like his song selection but that is what makes Oakenfold himself. What is an Oakenfold mix without some wierdness thrown in? Anyways, get it and enjoy it. Enough said.

Transform
Transform
Price: CDN$ 10.90
32 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Bad, May 17 2004
This review is from: Transform (Audio CD)
I'm sad that PM5K has changed. The album that was supposed to come out before the line-up change was supposed to include the single Bombshell. In fact I have heard many of the songs that were supposed to be released but never did because of the line-up change. Although Free is a great track, probably the best one on here, the album just feels like its lacking something. The industrial edge that PM5K is known for. Overall this album really isn't that bad, and I'm sure that alot of you are going to like it. I recommend you listen to the samples or ask your local record store to let you listen to it first before you buy it. It's definently different. I'm biased because I was looking forward to the release that we will never see. This probably would have been a good follow up to that album. Ah well, what can you do?

Perfecto Presents
Perfecto Presents
Price: CDN$ 26.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Hot, May 11 2004
This review is from: Perfecto Presents (Audio CD)
Sandra Collins' newest mix album is hot. That is the only word to describe it. She keeps building up but never completely pays off till the end. Just when you think she is about to get into it, she throws you off with some ambience to keep building up your steam. It is almost like she is teasing us. By the time she has taken you through all those emotions, she starts hitting it big. What sets her apart from your typical DJ is her track selection, order, and mixing. I personally don't do any of the party drugs, and a sign of a good DJ is that you don't have to be flying high to really appreciate her skills. She takes you on her own trip. I recommend popping in both cds to a decent cd player and getting some good headphones and listen to the whole through. Jumping into the middle of this mix ruins everything. If you take your time and actually listen to it, you will be rewarded quite nicely. One of the best mix albums I have ever heard. Sandra Collins is on top.

In The Møde
In The Møde
Offered by CAMusicFiendz
Price: CDN$ 17.23
24 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Roni does it again, May 6 2004
This review is from: In The Møde (Audio CD)
This guy can't write one bad song. We find this album digging deeper and going darker than New Forms. Roni is evolutionizing drum n' bass as we speak. The guess artists come on strong as well. Method Man lays down some smooth rhymes. I've always been a fan of Method Man. I was very pleased to see Rahzel on here too, the Roots have always been a favorite of mine. Zak makes a strong lyrical addition as well. Roni has a song called Zak Attack on Touching Down thats dedicated to Zak. I recommend this album before getting Touching Down. Touching Down is such a great album that if you get it first, you won't really like this one. If you get this one first you will appreciate it better.

Infinity Plus Infinity
Infinity Plus Infinity
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 57.72
3 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Textbook of Ambient Drum n' Bass, May 5 2004
This review is from: Infinity Plus Infinity (Audio CD)
This is the first solo artist album released on LTJ Bukem's label, Good Looking Records. This is not a typical compilation of producers from his label. It is just one artist doing a continuous mix of his own tracks. If you need a chill out break from the heavier stuff like Roni Size's Touching Down this album is perfect. Very laid back, jazzy, and ambient but still moves along at a fast pace. This is where LTJ was trying to move all along but Big Bud perfected. Big Bud is featured on many of LTJ's mixed albums including a couple Progression Sessions, and a couple Earth albums. I recommend this album along with the whole Earth series to get the best in ambient drum n' bass.

Touching Down
Touching Down
Offered by Just 4 Games
Price: CDN$ 12.95
13 used & new from CDN$ 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Drum n' Bass Isn't Dead, May 3 2004
This review is from: Touching Down (Audio CD)
So where has drum n' bass gone? LTJ Bukem hasn't changed a whole lot. Goldie and Grooverider are the masters but nothing really new from them. Roni Size keeps chugging along. This album is a masterpiece. Darker and heavier than New Forms. I was on a search for fresh drum n' bass and my search has ended. Get this album and lets help keep drum n' bass alive. Goldie and Grooverider, lets hear some new stuff. It's not too late for the masters to take back their throne. For now, Roni is sitting there. Also check out the remix album to New Forms called Replica. It's a Japanese import, and well worth it.

Movin' Melodies
Movin' Melodies
Offered by BuyCDNow Canada
Price: CDN$ 14.57
10 used & new from CDN$ 3.35

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., April 30 2004
This review is from: Movin' Melodies (Audio CD)
Now I bought this cd after hearing 9PM. ATB has some great stuff on this record. My biggest complaint with this album though, is that it can't be listened to as an album. If you are DJing a party I highly recommend this album to throw in a couple of his tunes but don't use too many because you might get people wondering if you already played that song. While his sound is unique, all of his songs have the same sound. As a whole album, it is very repetitive, the one thing that turns people away from electronic music. I would like to see him stray from his blueprint every now and again. He could be much greater.

Swordfish
Swordfish
Offered by anthologymusicCA
Price: CDN$ 4.53
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars His Best, April 29 2004
This review is from: Swordfish (Audio CD)
Oakenfold may be a little overrated, but this along with Another World, Travelling, and his remix of When the World Ends from Dave Matthews Band on the Matrix 2 soundtrack are amazing stuff. That's the only Oakenfold to really get. Everything else he just let his ego carry. Which I don't blame the guy. If I was called the best DJ in the world, I would want to take it easy sometimes too. This album is evidence of why he's the best. Most of his albums don't give him justice.

Saturnzreturn
Saturnzreturn
Price: CDN$ 19.95
4 used & new from CDN$ 8.12

5.0 out of 5 stars His best work to date., April 29 2004
This review is from: Saturnzreturn (Audio CD)
I believe this is so much better and so much more complex than Timeless ever tried to be. This is premium stuff. Represents the sound of drum n' bass perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4