Profile for Holly Wade > Reviews

Content by Holly Wade

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Holly Wade (St. Louis, MO USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Henley's Formulas for Home & Workshop
Henley's Formulas for Home & Workshop
by Gardner D. Hiscox
20 used & new from CDN$ 5.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Old but not antiquated, July 13 2004
Yes, the original publish date on this book was in the early 1900's, but the formulas within are timeless. Most of the products can be purchased cheaply and locally in urban areas, but some cannot and to have the formulary information available is priceless. A great book for DIYer's and anyone with an appreciation for general chemistry. It's history and self reliance is indespensible.

Cat Chat
Cat Chat
by Helene Thornton
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.40

5.0 out of 5 stars I read it in one night..., July 13 2004
This review is from: Cat Chat (Mass Market Paperback)
It was that good! Cat Chat is the perfect book for the avid cat lover and Francophile. It is a story of love, cat adoration, travel to the South of France and a beautiful life. I ordered this book from Amazon.com.uk because it was not originally available in the US, and it was worth every extra dollar. It is a love story, without all the fluffy and erotic nonsense, a story of a couple that loves and admires cats and a story of two people living an authentic life in the South of France. If any portion of this description appeals to you, you will enjoy this book. If you truly dislike cats, don't buy it, as the auther is a real cat lover, but the story is not devoted to cats. What more can I say, except that if you love travel and relocation stories, if you have any admiration at all for cats and if you have even the smallest dream of living in the South of France, you will love this book. I ordered extra copies for friends and family, but my original copy is a keeper for my personal library.

Corps Et Arms
Corps Et Arms
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of Daho!, July 8 2004
This review is from: Corps Et Arms (Audio CD)
I have several CDs by E. Daho and treasure each one, but this is the absolute best so far! I discovered his music while vacationing last October in New Orleans. It was the background music at a shop on the French Quarter that specializes in all that is French. It is a beautiful CD and a lovely reminder of the time I spent in New Orleans. I play it in my car and at home, at night, and cherish that I am sung to sleep by a beautiful young Frenchman! It's not Pop, it's not Rock, it's a smooth, relaxing voyage into French culture and a way of life that seems too far away for a regular American lady like me. Beautiful lyrics, sweet, smooth tunes with just a tiny touch of 60's sound to the American ear. A lovely fantasy and a rich experience. Highly Recommended!

Dude, Where's My Country
Dude, Where's My Country
by Michael Moore
108 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars 0 Yes ZERO Stars, June 20 2004
Michael Moore writes and produces to promote the views of Michael Moore, nothing else. That he can do so is tribute to the political climate and arena that he so often criticizes. His efforts do nothing more than line his wallet for the sake of opportunity. His efforts on the "literary" venue are biased, and a personal agenda. That this puffy, fat man of simple mind can try to influence the masses in such a Large fashion is totally...American.

The Unsung Hero
The Unsung Hero
by Suzanne Brockmann
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.49
89 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful...totally touching book!, April 20 2004
I read probably 200 books every year, but this is one of the most powerful and touching books I have ever read. A keeper..no way I am going to sell this book! My coworkers give me grief for reading what they refer to as
"fluffy romance novels" but this book had nothing fluffy about it at all. I laughed, I cried like a baby at the end and throughout the book I was hooked. This is a "romance novel" with so much more. This book is a totally gripping, mysterious, intrieguing, captivating story...that also contains a measure of romance. Read this! You will learn a lot, care more and, if you are anything like me, you will cry like a baby at the end and be a better person having read it!

The Cat Who'll Live Forever: The Final Adventures of Norton, the Perfect Cat, and His Imperfect Human
by Peter Gethers
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful story!, March 11 2004
This is a continuation of the story of Norton the Scottish Fold from The Cat Who Went to Paris. It is such a beautiful story of friendship and love, but be forewarned, you will cry while reading this book, since it is the story of the last months of Norton's life. Both the author and the subject (Norton) are exceptional beings and the love and joy they experience together is an absolute love story. This is a book for anyone who has loved a kitty and for anyone who has lost a wonderful feline. Mr. Gethers and Norton are a match made in Heaven and their story is a joy to all readers. I had a hard time finishing this book because I knew the outcome when I bought it, but I was still compelled to read it because I knew that both the subject and the auther were extraordianary. It's beautiful, touching, heart-wrenching and true. If you have ever loved and been loved by a kitty, you will enjoy this story!

The Cat That Changed My Life: 50 Cats Talk Candidly About How They Became Who They Are
by Bruce Eric Kaplan
24 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars A flawed perspective, Jan. 31 2004
I think the author has a flawed perspective with cats. While some of the entries in this collection were slightly amusing, most portray kitties as vain, decadant and self absorbed, with few redeeming qualities. This was not the fun read I had hoped it would be.

Panic Snap: A Novel
Panic Snap: A Novel
by Laura Reese
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Another disturbing edition, Jan. 17 2004
This review is from: Panic Snap: A Novel (Paperback)
I am not straightlaced or prudish (why would I read this book if I were?) but the activities represented in this novel as erotic only made me feel ill. Are there really people that find the use of farm animals in sex play exciting? Okay, maybe I am naive to some degree, but that is just plain icky! Reading this book is like looking at road kill, somewhat compelling but still an unhappy experience.

Topping from Below: A Novel
Topping from Below: A Novel
by Laura Reese
Price: CDN$ 21.95
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing, Jan. 17 2004
I am certainly not a prudish miss, (if I were, I would not have ordered this book) but I found this story disturbing and the references to adding farm animals to sex play totally nauseating. Not entertaining or erotic, by my standards.

Big Calm
Big Calm
Price: CDN$ 15.16
39 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Hypnotic!, Oct. 4 2003
This review is from: Big Calm (Audio CD)
Beautiful and Hypnotic! It has dance tracks as well as music to just chill out and be happy by! This CD delivers all the best of Morcheeba. Even my 73 year old father loves the grooves! Feel good music, in it's best! Ageless & timeless! What more can I say? It's just plain beautiful!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3