summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry
Profile for Matt Hughes > Reviews

Content by Matt Hughes

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Matt Hughes (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
For All Kings
For All Kings
Price: CDN$ 12.88
25 used & new from CDN$ 9.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty heavy stuff, the live CD could've been better., May 10 2016
This review is from: For All Kings (Audio CD)
I like it, there are some good songs but I don't think it's their best ever, some of the songs just get so bloody noisy after a while. The live CD is ok, the song selection is good, but it sounds like my 10 year old brother burned it from his 10 year old mp3 player. Each track just blatantly cuts into the next with no fade in or out, and most of the guitar solo and mid section of Caught in a Mosh is just plain missing, it just cuts right to the end of the solo just as the middle section gets going, really shoddy job on that one. I could've made a better live compilation. But overall pretty good CD by this legendary band, it's pretty frickin heavy.

Jungle Labs Fungus Clear T/B 8 Tab

DVD ~ Jobeth Williams
Price: CDN$ 11.75
5 used & new from CDN$ 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing in every way., Nov. 5 2015
This movie is a classic, and that is because of the quality of the acting, the story, the music, the directing the screenplay and everything about it. It's epic, and any remake will never match the original in all those areas, this movie gets you choked up it's so good. They don't make em like this anymore.

Bruce Lee: Premiere Collection [Blu-ray]
Bruce Lee: Premiere Collection [Blu-ray]
Price: CDN$ 32.49
26 used & new from CDN$ 32.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Best collection out there (Blu Ray), Aug. 10 2015
I've owned a few Bruce Lee DVD sets and this has by far the best quality for picture and sound you will find. Shout Factory did an amazing job, (they do a great with everything, really). It's a bare-bones set with just the disks but it's great and the special features are cool too with alternate titles and endings and interviews, and it also has the Game of Death lost footage like on the Enter the Dragon SE set but it is even more complete here, and in blu ray HD. If you want to experience Bruce Lee in all his glory and in HD this is the set to get, and at a great price.

Starsky & Hutch - Complete Series
Starsky & Hutch - Complete Series
DVD ~ David Soul
Price: CDN$ 69.99
16 used & new from CDN$ 47.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Set, July 13 2015
This is a good set of the whole series, some people say (or whine, rather) that the quality isn't as good as the other official DVD set, but I've sat and compared the quality of Seasons 3 and 4 with my official sets and there is virtually no difference in quality, they both look old. The only thing I don't like about this set is that you cannot pick up where you left off if you turn off your DVD player, you have to FF through the entire episode again up to where you left off. Other than that it's a good set with the entire series packed into one convenient DVD case.

Houses of the Holy (Deluxe Remastered Edition)
Houses of the Holy (Deluxe Remastered Edition)
Price: CDN$ 14.97
103 used & new from CDN$ 14.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good but not as good as 1st 3 remasters., Nov. 20 2014
Sounds great. However, it doesn't sound as big and full as the first 3 re-masters of 1, 2 and 3 I found. It's very clear yes but maybe too clear as I can hear noise in songs like The Ocean during the guitar solo section, and you can hear what sounds like a slight bit of damage or 'almost eaten' to the master tapes at the start of Dancing Days that I never noticed before, maybe because they've used the master tapes so much for singles of that song that it got damaged I don't know. But I like this re-master a lot don't get me wrong, but it didn't blow me away like the first 3 albums did. Hoping Presence and Physical Graffiti do though. Oh, and the bonus disks are ok I guess, but Robert Plant is right really as he says they are just work-in-progress stuff which it is.

Amityville Horror [Blu-ray] [Import]
Amityville Horror [Blu-ray] [Import]
Price: CDN$ 25.81
11 used & new from CDN$ 22.11

3.0 out of 5 stars Blu ray has no special features, Oct. 29 2014
Bought this 2014 Blu Ray edition of the original 1979 classic only to find it is exactly the same as my DVD, I mean there is virtually no difference in picture quality at all, plus this blu ray has no special features unlike my DVD that has tons of special features. If you already have this on DVD save your money folks.

Ozzy Osbourne: Memoirs of a Madman
Ozzy Osbourne: Memoirs of a Madman
DVD ~ Ozzy Osbourne
Price: CDN$ 20.99
36 used & new from CDN$ 13.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Collection but left out 2 great videos, Oct. 16 2014
Great collection but they left out 2 great videos which are Shot in the Dark and Mr. Crowley live with Randy Rhoads from Albuquerque NM 1982 right after Over the Mountain, so I am was disappointed with that. I wish I knew why they think they need to leave that stuff out and nobody will miss it, I don't get it... Other than that it's got everything Ozzy has put out including the After Hours footage which is great because now I don't have to buy the huge box set to get it.

Space Invader (Limited Deluxe)
Space Invader (Limited Deluxe)
Price: CDN$ 19.66
20 used & new from CDN$ 6.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Had to grow on me., Sept. 18 2014
Like a lot of great albums, I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, it kind of got on my nerves, his endless soloing over every song, and the boring drum parts etc, but the more I hear this album the more it grows on me and the more I love it. I 'get it' now. Each song has it's own personality, it's own lyrics, it's own space if you will lol, and there is a lot of meat there that you might not get the first few times around. It's a feel-good-rocker of an album that I really like hearing. The first track Space Invader is great too, one of my favs on it. What I do not like is that Wal Mart sells the watered down version of Gimme a Feeling, so I wish I had of bought it somewhere else and not got that version..

Heartwork
Heartwork
Price: CDN$ 41.04
13 used & new from CDN$ 11.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Still don't care for it, Aug. 10 2014
This review is from: Heartwork (Audio CD)
I bought this when it came out hoping it would be as hard core and awesome as the previous work of art DTI, but I never really liked it then and decided to pop it in my cd player the other day and still don't think it's all that great. Compared to DIT the songs to me are not very strong at all, lyrics are boring and just a weak album. What I do like about this album is that the production is amazing, it has some of the best sounding drums, guitars and bass tones you'll hear, I mean they sound stellar, but the songs just don't deliver for me. I wanted to come here to see what other people thought about it, and I'm surprised it has rave reviews for the most part, so go figure.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6