Profile for Matt Hughes > Reviews

Content by Matt Hughes
Top Reviewer Ranking: 809

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Matt Hughes (Canada)

DVD ~ Ozzy Osbourne
Price: CDN$ 21.99
15 used & new from CDN$ 19.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Collection but left out 2 great videos, Oct. 16 2014
Great collection but they left out 2 great videos which are Shot in the Dark and Mr. Crowley live with Randy Rhoads from Albuquerque NM 1982 right after Over the Mountain, so I am was disappointed with that. I wish I knew why they think they need to leave that stuff out and nobody will miss it, I don't get it... Other than that it's got everything Ozzy has put out including the After Hours footage which is great because now I don't have to buy the huge box set to get it.

Space Invader (Limited Deluxe)
Space Invader (Limited Deluxe)
Price: CDN$ 17.55
21 used & new from CDN$ 14.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Had to grow on me., Sept. 18 2014
Like a lot of great albums, I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, it kind of got on my nerves, his endless soloing over every song, and the boring drum parts etc, but the more I hear this album the more it grows on me and the more I love it. I 'get it' now. Each song has it's own personality, it's own lyrics, it's own space if you will lol, and there is a lot of meat there that you might not get the first few times around. It's a feel-good-rocker of an album that I really like hearing. The first track Space Invader is great too, one of my favs on it. What I do not like is that Wal Mart sells the watered down version of Gimme a Feeling, so I wish I had of bought it somewhere else and not got that version..

Heartwork
Heartwork
Offered by MUSICSHOP780
Price: CDN$ 8.71
9 used & new from CDN$ 8.71

3.0 out of 5 stars Still don't care for it, Aug. 10 2014
This review is from: Heartwork (Audio CD)
I bought this when it came out hoping it would be as hard core and awesome as the previous work of art DTI, but I never really liked it then and decided to pop it in my cd player the other day and still don't think it's all that great. Compared to DIT the songs to me are not very strong at all, lyrics are boring and just a weak album. What I do like about this album is that the production is amazing, it has some of the best sounding drums, guitars and bass tones you'll hear, I mean they sound stellar, but the songs just don't deliver for me. I wanted to come here to see what other people thought about it, and I'm surprised it has rave reviews for the most part, so go figure.

Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume Two [Blu-ray]
Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume Two [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Various
Price: CDN$ 18.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, April 28 2014
There are a TON of toons on this Platinum Vol 2 col. but I found the majority to be kind of boring, I mean how many different ways can Elmer Fudd try and get bugs bunny? After the 3rd episode of that time I was bored to death. This set is good in the way that it has a lot of rare older shorts that have been restored and lots of interviews with the makers of these (but then you get the unknown/super articulate nerdy guys who sit and dissect every ounce of it for an hour like it's the second coming) . If you are into that stuff it's a great set but after seeing it all once I think I've had my fill.

Universal Nutrition Doctor's CarbRite Diet Carb Block - 60 Tablets
Universal Nutrition Doctor's CarbRite Diet Carb Block - 60 Tablets
Offered by Urban Inspirations
Price: CDN$ 34.86
2 used & new from CDN$ 34.86

4.0 out of 5 stars I like these, March 18 2014
These carb right pills seem to help me, ever since I started using them almost 6 months ago I have noticed a pretty good loss of my gut lol, I they do help, maybe not everyone but they seem to benefit me.

Rocky Heavyweight Collection  [4K Blu-ray]
Rocky Heavyweight Collection [4K Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Sylvester Stallone
Offered by More_Than_Machines
Price: CDN$ 34.46
4 used & new from CDN$ 24.12

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavyweight collection, March 7 2014
This is just a re-packaging of the movies on blu ray with the exception of the first Rocky, which has been re mastered and looks pristine compared to the rest of them. Doesn't look like Rock 2,3 or 4 have been re mastered, and are the same as my old DVD's with no special features or even any commentary at all. It's not a 4K blu ray collection, so save your money.

Escape from Alcatraz [Blu-ray]
Escape from Alcatraz [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Clint Eastwood
Offered by Deal Beat
Price: CDN$ 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu Ray looks great, March 1 2014
Finally, on blu ray. Have to say the picture looks as good as it can get, other DVD's I've seen have scratches and dirt on the picture but this new blu ray is spotless, actually it's so clear I noticed things I never saw before like the crap in the corner of his cell in D-Block and the stains on his shirt afterwards, lol. And the music is in stereo, like when the band plays d-block blues. Overall great blu ray release!

Gigaworks T 40 Series II Black
Gigaworks T 40 Series II Black
Offered by biddeal
Price: CDN$ 193.05
15 used & new from CDN$ 129.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, Oct. 14 2013
Perfect sound what can I say. For PC desktop speakers, these are the number 1 choice, they are very nice to look at and have great full warm sound to them with a perfect balance of highs, mids and lows. Is that 20 words yet, jeez!!!

Dracula [Blu-ray]
Dracula [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Carlos Villarías
Price: CDN$ 9.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I think they nailed it, pun intended, Sept. 30 2013
This review is from: Dracula [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I'm one of the people who buys each new release hoping it's cleaned up, though they never quite get it right with either the audio or video...so I bought this blu ray to try out and although I have only watched the first few scenes, I can say I'm really impressed, the sound is crisp and clear, I've never heard it so clear and the picture is about as good as it gets, really sharp, almost like seeing it the way it was originally intended and better. I think they may have finally got it right with this blu ray, gonna watch the rest tonight and experience a bit of what it's like to be really dead.

Enter the Dragon [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Enter the Dragon [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Ahna Capri^Jim Kelly^John Saxon^Betty Chung^Bruce Lee
Price: CDN$ 25.49
2 used & new from CDN$ 25.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure which I like better. Blu Ray or 2 Disk SE, Sept. 1 2013
This new blu-ray edition package is very nice for sure, has tons of special features (but so does the 2 disk 2004 SE). I mainly wanted to see if the picture was better on blu-ray than the SE, which is brilliant as well, but I didn't find the blu-ray any better, actually found it to be a bit more grainy, maybe it will grow on me the more I watch it, I'm not sure yet. I also noticed that this blu ray does not contain the awesome documentary Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey, which includes the reconstruction of the Game of Death fighting sequences like the 2 disk SE does, which is probably the most amazing/realistic martial arts fighting ever captured on film. Had Bruce finished that film it likely would've topped ETD for sure, so I'm definitely not throwing away my SE because it is great. The blu-ray also has maybe 1 or 2 new features but I'm not really convinced it is better than the 2004 special edition, yet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5