Profile for Matt Hughes > Reviews

Content by Matt Hughes
Top Reviewer Ranking: 958

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Matt Hughes (Canada)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume Two [Blu-ray]
Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume Two [Blu-ray]
Price: CDN$ 18.49
24 used & new from CDN$ 18.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, April 28 2014
There are a TON of toons on this Platinum Vol 2 col. but I found the majority to be kind of boring, I mean how many different ways can Elmer Fudd try and get bugs bunny? After the 3rd episode of that time I was bored to death. This set is good in the way that it has a lot of rare older shorts that have been restored and lots of interviews with the makers of these (but then you get the unknown/super articulate nerdy guys who sit and dissect every ounce of it for an hour like it's the second coming) . If you are into that stuff it's a great set but after seeing it all once I think I've had my fill.

Universal Nutrition Doctor's CarbRite Diet Carb Block - 60 Tablets
Universal Nutrition Doctor's CarbRite Diet Carb Block - 60 Tablets
Offered by LH-Nutrition
Price: CDN$ 23.98
3 used & new from CDN$ 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like these, March 18 2014
These carb right pills seem to help me, ever since I started using them almost 6 months ago I have noticed a pretty good loss of my gut lol, I they do help, maybe not everyone but they seem to benefit me.

Rocky Heavyweight Collection  [4K Blu-ray]
Rocky Heavyweight Collection [4K Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Sylvester Stallone
Price: CDN$ 34.99
12 used & new from CDN$ 28.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavyweight collection, March 7 2014
This is just a re-packaging of the movies on blu ray with the exception of the first Rocky, which has been re mastered and looks pristine compared to the rest of them. Doesn't look like Rock 2,3 or 4 have been re mastered, and are the same as my old DVD's with no special features or even any commentary at all. It's not a 4K blu ray collection, so save your money.

Escape from Alcatraz [Blu-ray] (Region Free)
Escape from Alcatraz [Blu-ray] (Region Free)
DVD ~ Clint Eastwood
Offered by Deal Beat
Price: CDN$ 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu Ray looks great, March 1 2014
Finally, on blu ray. Have to say the picture looks as good as it can get, other DVD's I've seen have scratches and dirt on the picture but this new blu ray is spotless, actually it's so clear I noticed things I never saw before like the crap in the corner of his cell in D-Block and the stains on his shirt afterwards, lol. And the music is in stereo, like when the band plays d-block blues. Overall great blu ray release!

Gigaworks T 40 Series II Black
Gigaworks T 40 Series II Black
Offered by Peach Marketing
Price: CDN$ 185.00
12 used & new from CDN$ 99.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, Oct. 14 2013
Perfect sound what can I say. For PC desktop speakers, these are the number 1 choice, they are very nice to look at and have great full warm sound to them with a perfect balance of highs, mids and lows. Is that 20 words yet, jeez!!!

Dracula (1931) (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Dracula (1931) (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Carlos Villarías
Price: CDN$ 26.34
3 used & new from CDN$ 21.74

5.0 out of 5 stars I think they nailed it, pun intended, Sept. 30 2013
I'm one of the people who buys each new release hoping it's cleaned up, though they never quite get it right with either the audio or video...so I bought this blu ray to try out and although I have only watched the first few scenes, I can say I'm really impressed, the sound is crisp and clear, I've never heard it so clear and the picture is about as good as it gets, really sharp, almost like seeing it the way it was originally intended and better. I think they may have finally got it right with this blu ray, gonna watch the rest tonight and experience a bit of what it's like to be really dead.

Enter the Dragon: 40th Anniversary Edition (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Enter the Dragon: 40th Anniversary Edition (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Price: CDN$ 34.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure which I like better. Blu Ray or 2 Disk SE, Sept. 1 2013
This new blu-ray edition package is very nice for sure, has tons of special features (but so does the 2 disk 2004 SE). I mainly wanted to see if the picture was better on blu-ray than the SE, which is brilliant as well, but I didn't find the blu-ray any better, actually found it to be a bit more grainy, maybe it will grow on me the more I watch it, I'm not sure yet. I also noticed that this blu ray does not contain the awesome documentary Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey, which includes the reconstruction of the Game of Death fighting sequences like the 2 disk SE does, which is probably the most amazing/realistic martial arts fighting ever captured on film. Had Bruce finished that film it likely would've topped ETD for sure, so I'm definitely not throwing away my SE because it is great. The blu-ray also has maybe 1 or 2 new features but I'm not really convinced it is better than the 2004 special edition, yet.

De Vermis Mysteriis
De Vermis Mysteriis
Price: CDN$ 17.29
25 used & new from CDN$ 8.50

4.0 out of 5 stars My first HOF CD, Feb. 24 2013
This review is from: De Vermis Mysteriis (Audio CD)
Decent metal CD, I bought it because I thought Rumours of War was on it but it isn't. But the music is dark, and pretty heavy and angry metal. Can't say a lot more without rambling, it's not deep or anything, just a really heavy metal CD with heavy riffs, bass and drums and growling vocals, I like it!

Western Digital My Passport 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive, WDBBEP0010BBK-NESN (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
5 used & new from CDN$ 107.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Good drive, software sucks, Feb. 24 2013
Like the title says, drive seems fine, but beware of the software it will mess up your system and mind and make things worse if you install all of it, and it does non-stop updates which help to corrupt the older and newer files and make your system more unstable. Most of the software is useless to me, I don't need to make a double copy of every file for backup because if the drive fails, you'll lose it all anyway, so I don't get that feature, and I don't need to know if the drive is locked or not, or the temp of it or its status, if you are good with computers the temp should be fine and the drive stable. I just wanted the security feature, which you have to be careful with, my PC hangs at startup when I set the security on then is fine after. The people who make the drive and the sofware are not the same people. Like I said the drive itself works great, actually isn't that much faster than my old USB 2.0 Iomega drive, it was superfast too, the USB 3.0 is a bit faster but I don't notice a big difference, how fast can you really click a folder or open a movie?? But yea, nice, small and sleek drive with lots of space, but again be careful with the software it sucks.

The Very Best Of Dokken
The Very Best Of Dokken
Price: CDN$ 7.92
33 used & new from CDN$ 4.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Great powerful and melodic music., Jan. 22 2013
This review is from: The Very Best Of Dokken (Audio CD)
Never liked Dokken in the 80s when I would see them on the MuchMusic PowerHour when Breaking the Chains was always on, just thought Don Dokken sounded like a complete wimp when he sang but, like a lot of the music I used to hate, I have grown to appreciate and love later on like Dokken, in part because music today is so bland and boring, where 80s metal bands like Dokken (and most artists for that matter) are chalk full of meloldy, harmony, energy and great musicianship. But yea this CD has all the great hits such as It's Not Love, Alone Again, In My Dreams and their breakout hit Breaking the Chains, along with some live stuff as well. An all around great 80s metal CD from one of the originators of the genre!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5