Profile for Matt Hughes > Reviews

Content by Matt Hughes
Top Reviewer Ranking: 778

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Matt Hughes (Canada)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Houses of the Holy (Deluxe Remastered Edition)
Houses of the Holy (Deluxe Remastered Edition)
Price: CDN$ 14.97
36 used & new from CDN$ 13.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good but not as good as 1st 3 remasters., Nov. 20 2014
Sounds great. However, it doesn't sound as big and full as the first 3 re-masters of 1, 2 and 3 I found. It's very clear yes but maybe too clear as I can hear noise in songs like The Ocean during the guitar solo section, and you can hear what sounds like a slight bit of damage or 'almost eaten' to the master tapes at the start of Dancing Days that I never noticed before, maybe because they've used the master tapes so much for singles of that song that it got damaged I don't know. But I like this re-master a lot don't get me wrong, but it didn't blow me away like the first 3 albums did. Hoping Presence and Physical Graffiti do though. Oh, and the bonus disks are ok I guess, but Robert Plant is right really as he says they are just work-in-progress stuff which it is.

Amityville Horror [Blu-ray] [Import]
Amityville Horror [Blu-ray] [Import]
Price: CDN$ 15.79
19 used & new from CDN$ 12.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Blu ray has no special features, Oct. 29 2014
Bought this 2014 Blu Ray edition of the original 1979 classic only to find it is exactly the same as my DVD, I mean there is virtually no difference in picture quality at all, plus this blu ray has no special features unlike my DVD that has tons of special features. If you already have this on DVD save your money folks.

Ozzy Osbourne: Memoirs of a Madman
Ozzy Osbourne: Memoirs of a Madman
DVD ~ Ozzy Osbourne
Price: CDN$ 21.99
28 used & new from CDN$ 18.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Collection but left out 2 great videos, Oct. 16 2014
Great collection but they left out 2 great videos which are Shot in the Dark and Mr. Crowley live with Randy Rhoads from Albuquerque NM 1982 right after Over the Mountain, so I am was disappointed with that. I wish I knew why they think they need to leave that stuff out and nobody will miss it, I don't get it... Other than that it's got everything Ozzy has put out including the After Hours footage which is great because now I don't have to buy the huge box set to get it.

Space Invader (Limited Deluxe)
Space Invader (Limited Deluxe)
Price: CDN$ 20.28
20 used & new from CDN$ 15.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Had to grow on me., Sept. 18 2014
Like a lot of great albums, I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, it kind of got on my nerves, his endless soloing over every song, and the boring drum parts etc, but the more I hear this album the more it grows on me and the more I love it. I 'get it' now. Each song has it's own personality, it's own lyrics, it's own space if you will lol, and there is a lot of meat there that you might not get the first few times around. It's a feel-good-rocker of an album that I really like hearing. The first track Space Invader is great too, one of my favs on it. What I do not like is that Wal Mart sells the watered down version of Gimme a Feeling, so I wish I had of bought it somewhere else and not got that version..

Heartwork
Heartwork
Offered by anthologymusicCA
Price: CDN$ 8.17
15 used & new from CDN$ 8.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Still don't care for it, Aug. 10 2014
This review is from: Heartwork (Audio CD)
I bought this when it came out hoping it would be as hard core and awesome as the previous work of art DTI, but I never really liked it then and decided to pop it in my cd player the other day and still don't think it's all that great. Compared to DIT the songs to me are not very strong at all, lyrics are boring and just a weak album. What I do like about this album is that the production is amazing, it has some of the best sounding drums, guitars and bass tones you'll hear, I mean they sound stellar, but the songs just don't deliver for me. I wanted to come here to see what other people thought about it, and I'm surprised it has rave reviews for the most part, so go figure.

Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume Two [Blu-ray]
Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume Two [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Various
Price: CDN$ 18.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, April 28 2014
There are a TON of toons on this Platinum Vol 2 col. but I found the majority to be kind of boring, I mean how many different ways can Elmer Fudd try and get bugs bunny? After the 3rd episode of that time I was bored to death. This set is good in the way that it has a lot of rare older shorts that have been restored and lots of interviews with the makers of these (but then you get the unknown/super articulate nerdy guys who sit and dissect every ounce of it for an hour like it's the second coming) . If you are into that stuff it's a great set but after seeing it all once I think I've had my fill.

Universal Nutrition Doctor's CarbRite Diet Carb Block - 60 Tablets
Universal Nutrition Doctor's CarbRite Diet Carb Block - 60 Tablets
Offered by Canadian Excellence
Price: CDN$ 46.19
2 used & new from CDN$ 46.19

4.0 out of 5 stars I like these, March 18 2014
These carb right pills seem to help me, ever since I started using them almost 6 months ago I have noticed a pretty good loss of my gut lol, I they do help, maybe not everyone but they seem to benefit me.

Rocky Heavyweight Collection  [Blu-ray]
Rocky Heavyweight Collection [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Sylvester Stallone
Price: CDN$ 22.49
3 used & new from CDN$ 22.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavyweight collection, March 7 2014
This is just a re-packaging of the movies on blu ray with the exception of the first Rocky, which has been re mastered and looks pristine compared to the rest of them. Doesn't look like Rock 2,3 or 4 have been re mastered, and are the same as my old DVD's with no special features or even any commentary at all. It's not a 4K blu ray collection, so save your money.

Escape from Alcatraz [Blu-ray]
Escape from Alcatraz [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Clint Eastwood
Offered by Deal Beat
Price: CDN$ 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Blu Ray looks great, March 1 2014
Finally, on blu ray. Have to say the picture looks as good as it can get, other DVD's I've seen have scratches and dirt on the picture but this new blu ray is spotless, actually it's so clear I noticed things I never saw before like the crap in the corner of his cell in D-Block and the stains on his shirt afterwards, lol. And the music is in stereo, like when the band plays d-block blues. Overall great blu ray release!

Gigaworks T 40 Series II Black
Gigaworks T 40 Series II Black
Offered by Urban Inspirations
Price: CDN$ 146.06
14 used & new from CDN$ 146.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, Oct. 14 2013
Perfect sound what can I say. For PC desktop speakers, these are the number 1 choice, they are very nice to look at and have great full warm sound to them with a perfect balance of highs, mids and lows. Is that 20 words yet, jeez!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5