Profile for Michele van Sise > Reviews

Content by Michele van Sise

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Michele van Sise (Seminole, FL USA)

The Elfstones of Shannara
The Elfstones of Shannara
by Terry Brooks
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.89
103 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOOK YET!, June 11 2004
I am a big Terry brooks fan. I love his style of writing and his character development. many people say that Terry Brooks is a copy of Tolkien. Which I think is absolutly not true. If someone compares like that they obviously have no idea what they are talking about.
Elfstones of Shannara I think Is my favorite book he has written and one of my favorite books of all time. I thought it was absolutly wonderful!
When Amberle does the transformation I cried.I have never cried over a book before but I wept like a baby. I would read this book again and again.
.........and again! ^_^

The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara: Antrax
The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara: Antrax
by Terry Brooks
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.49
96 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the First, June 11 2004
I am a big fan of Terry Brooks. I find his writing easy to read and quite enjoyable. I have always been a BIG Terry Brooks fan,so I had to read the heritage of Shannara series.
The first book Isle Witch I thought was quite disappointing until the very end. Immediatly I went out and bought the second book. I thought it was so much better then the first. I loved the Character development,I think that is one of Brooks best qualities in his books. When a character died,It was done so well and so emotional it almost made me want to cry.
at the moment I am reading the third book Morgawr and it is very impressive so far.If your a Terry Brooks fan I recommend this book. I couldn't put it down.