biss boutiques-francophones Learn more Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite vd2016beauty Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno
Profile for Richard Kirchknopf > Reviews

Content by Richard Kirchknopf

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Richard Kirchknopf (Toronto, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Nite Ize Curvyman Cord Supervisor, Orange
Nite Ize Curvyman Cord Supervisor, Orange
Price: CDN$ 3.39
12 used & new from CDN$ 2.87

4.0 out of 5 stars I have a number of these and have bought more., Nov. 14 2015
I have a bunch of these at home. They keep the headphone cords from tangling and knotting up. I don't think they would be as effective with thick headphone cords. But they do the job with regular cellphone and portable mp3 headphone cords. The clip is useful too. It can be attached to zipper pulls or whatnot to keep from losing the curvyman if the headphones are removed during use.

Fosmon HYBO-SK PC + TPU Hybrid Case with Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 (Black)
Offered by theWireless Company
Price: CDN$ 6.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bulky., Sept. 9 2015
Not bulky compared to my previous case. Easy enough to get off for when my phone locks up and I need to pull the battery. Easy enough to put back on. I seldom use the stand but as it really adds negligible weight I prefer to have it. Side grips are rough enough that I have a sure grip. I would buy it again.

Cotton Carrier Camera Vest for One Camera - Black
Cotton Carrier Camera Vest for One Camera - Black
Offered by Canadian Shoppe
Price: CDN$ 194.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 149.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes the strain off my back when I am out birding with a long telephoto lens., Sept. 9 2015
My only original complaint was that if I could not easily switch back to the original neck strap when I was using a smaller lens. No complaints once I found a solution to this. Get an extra split ring and tether cable. Attach a split ring on each side of the camera. Cut the strap off the extra tether so that you have just the two clips. Attach the original neck strap to the two clips. Now I can easily switch between my original neck strap (which clips on both sides of the camera) and the cotton carrier harness and single tether strap, which clips on on side of the camera.

Anker 2 x 3100mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy Note 2/II, GT-N7100, SCH-I605(Verizon), SCH-R950(U.S. Cellular), SGH-I317(AT&T), SGH-T889(T-Mobile), SPH-L900(Sprint), fits EB595675LA, with Anker Travel Charger

2.0 out of 5 stars more sensitive to heat than the original batteries., Sept. 9 2015
The capacity matches my old Samsung original batteries. The charger arrived broken. As I often charge my phone on the dashboard of my car I find these batteries have a thermal sensor that likes the dashboard heat even less than my original Samsung battery did. On hot days I have to take the phone off the charge stand on the dashboard and put it somewhere shady where it will stay cool enough to allow charging. Without an external charger I use these batteries far less than I was planning.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Cartridge, 8 Count
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Cartridge, 8 Count
Price: CDN$ 35.69
7 used & new from CDN$ 25.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The genuine article, Sept. 9 2015
Exactly what I expected from the packaging. No surprises.

Patriot LX Series 64GB High Speed SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 - Up to 40MB/sec Flash Card - PSF64GSDXC10
Offered by Highly Anticipated Electronics
Price: CDN$ 22.99
24 used & new from CDN$ 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars i always buy Patriot LX, April 12 2015
Work well in my camera. Never had a issue with Patriot series SD cards. Granted I don't shoot high frame rate raw photos, so I don't push to the absolute max. But no issues with slow, continuous fine detail jpegs or videos.

Linksys RE2000 Dual Band Wireless Range Extender
Linksys RE2000 Dual Band Wireless Range Extender
Offered by dealkings
Price: CDN$ 77.76
5 used & new from CDN$ 77.76

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have listened to the negative reviews, Oct. 26 2014
I bought a "Linksys Certified Refurbished" RE2000. Total waste of my time and money. I think I know where the faulty returned units are going ...straight back out to the refurbished marked. The unit I have wouldn't even power up correctly most of the time. It took repeated plugging and unplugging before it booted up correctly. I even upgraded the firmware to the latest version and that still did not help. And when I finally had it all powered up and configured it only lasted a short time before the unit stopped working. The main LED would go out. Chatting with a one of their representatives online was painful. I suspect "Bernard" is somewhere in India or Pakistan or China as it would take forever to get a response. And they did not even clue into the fact that it is not powering up correctly. I will never buy anything that is "Linksys Certified Refurbished" ever again. And I am really questioning whether I will ever purchase Linksys again.

Munchkin, Deluxe
Munchkin, Deluxe
Price: CDN$ 30.55
31 used & new from CDN$ 30.55

5.0 out of 5 stars fun game for groups of 3 or more., Sept. 21 2014
This review is from: Munchkin, Deluxe (Toy)
The online price was right and it included shipping. I received it even faster than the original predicted delivery date. Finally played it and we had fun. To advance in this game often requires negotiating with other players. And at the same time you try to drag the more advanced players down. I wasn't sure how other family members would take that but it turned out to be amazing sport, including the backstabbing. I originally saw this game on Wil Wheaton's online show on Geek And Sundry called Tabletop Games. The Munchkin web site also has an app that shows an example game being played. The Deluxe game is identical to the basic Munchkin card game except that it includes a level score board and playing pieces so all the players can see each others level. Not required to play the game but a nice touch. The basic game consists of two decks of special cards (Door cards and Treasure cards) plus a 6 sided die plus the rules, which are also available online. Just remember to shuffle the decks well before playing.

PwrBlast Smart 4.2A Rapid-Car-Charger for iPad-2-3-4-Mini-Air; iPhone-5s-5c-5-6-Plus; Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-Note-Pro, Phone S; Kindle-HD-HDX; Nexus 10, 7, 6, 5, 4; Acer Iconia; Asus Transformer, Memo; Dell Venue; Kobo Vox
Offered by PWR+
Price: CDN$ 17.90
2 used & new from CDN$ 14.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says - happy camper, Jan. 18 2014
Had problems charging the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in my car. I turns out I had to replace both my USB adapter *AND* my USB charging cable. This charger puts out more current on each USB than most of the others do combined. Most adapters don't mention their current output in their specs. You can be sure they are probably 500 ma per outlet. 4.2A is one of the highest out there. Important for tablets and large phablet phones.

Using this adapter *AND* a genuine Samsung USB charging cable I get charge rates equivalent to plugging my phone into the Samsung AC charger. Not sure why I had to use a different cable, but I am sure it is the cable.

Yellow Jacket 2885 12/3 100-Feet 15-Amp Heavy-Duty SJTW Contractor Extension Cord with Lighted Ends
Price: CDN$ 93.08
20 used & new from CDN$ 93.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than the store, Jan. 9 2014
I checked all the local hardware stores and I got the best price online. The real deal. Using it with my snow blower.

Page: 1 | 2