Profile for michael safft > Reviews

Content by michael safft

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

michael safft "gr8dane" (toronto, ontario Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Little Girl Lost
Little Girl Lost
by Richard Aleas
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 7.59
35 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Hard Case Crime., May 15 2012
Came across this series a few years ago.Made a hobby of tracking these down.
Found about 15 of them and 14 were great and one so so.
Little girl lost is in my top 3 for sure.I am not gonna write a review,since the ones here are quite allright.
If you like this series ,you really must read this one .So sorry,no review,but only support.
Very nice work Richard Aleas.Thank you.

Live in Denmark 72
Live in Denmark 72
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 92.95
2 used & new from CDN$ 87.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Please allow me to brag., Aug. 31 2003
This review is from: Live in Denmark 72 (Audio CD)
This concert was my first ever(Lived in Denmark then).I somehow managed to drag my mom along or I would not have seen or heard this.It was truly a brilliant show and our ears were ringing for a week after.This recording is a bootleg of sorts and therefore not up to the same standard of Made In Japan,which must be one of the top 5 metal live recordings ever.This is a recording of the first or second time they played Machine Head live .The trax are somewhat different than they would be in Japan,but the quality of this recording sounds like a boot,but performance is top notch.So if you know Made in Japan note for note like I do,I welcome the different versions.

Price: CDN$ 14.22
8 used & new from CDN$ 5.52

3.0 out of 5 stars These are the times .(for the New Styx)., July 26 2003
This review is from: Cyclorama (Audio CD)
Thank you for not putting out Grand Illusion Part 2.Thank you for being you.Carry on chaps.

Price: CDN$ 14.22
8 used & new from CDN$ 5.52

3.0 out of 5 stars These are the times .(for the New Styx)., July 26 2003
This review is from: Cyclorama (Audio CD)

Bloody Buccaneers / Face It
Bloody Buccaneers / Face It

4.0 out of 5 stars Looky here , what a package,what a deal., Aug. 25 2002
Bloody Buccaneers is a very good cd,and Face It is a great cd,for the price of one.Nice.Temporary Madness is the most hypnotic song since the Moontan days.Rest of Buccs is a solid effort.Face It is pure rock'n roll Earring style,without a weak track,with Legalize Telepathy being the stellar track of this one.If you kind of like GE but have not got any in a while due to not knowing what to get,this is a very solid package.They are definitely on a roll here.

Road Island
Road Island
2 used & new from CDN$ 42.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Ambrosia with alittle more edge., July 1 2002
This review is from: Road Island (Audio CD)
This is quite a different Ambrosia we got here and not worse for that.There is only one ballad as such,and the rest is more hard and edgy.You gotta admire them for being so diverse between albums released.Still the high quality as I am used to though.

A Dry Spell
A Dry Spell
by Susie Moloney
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
34 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe between 3 and 4 *'s., June 9 2002
This is not bad at all.This could be a story for x-files without
Sculler and Moldy.Paranormal and kind of dreamy.Good for the cottage or such thing.I enjoyed it.

Frantic
Frantic
Price: CDN$ 17.17
34 used & new from CDN$ 3.88

4.0 out of 5 stars That's more like it., June 7 2002
This review is from: Frantic (Audio CD)
I love Roxy Music,but I can't get any new Roxy Music.I love Bryan Ferry,but not as much as Roxy Music.I know,,,,Bryan Ferry was Roxy Music,but with a lot of input of Manzanera,Mackay and
Thompson ohh yeah and Eno.Frantic is the closest to a Roxy Music
cd I can get,bless you Bryan.This album could be a Country Life,
which I happen to like a lot.There is 2 songs here that don't quite cut it, but hey.Hmmmmmm time to push repeat.

Brother Where You Bound
Brother Where You Bound
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 32.43
6 used & new from CDN$ 2.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than you would think., June 2 2002
This review is from: Brother Where You Bound (Audio CD)
We got about 44 min. of music here.Title track 16 min.is nothing short of brilliant. It is like Fools Overture,just more pace and a little more trippy.Cannonball is nice and bouncy(8min.)No Inbetween 5 min.is a beuatiful, mainly piano ballad
which is 30 mins.of exellent music here.Better Days is not bad
either,so this is not a total waste you see.Ok.

Life Beyond L.a.
Life Beyond L.a.

5.0 out of 5 stars My introduction to Ambrosia,78., May 31 2002
This review is from: Life Beyond L.a. (Audio CD)
In 1978 I went to a shop to pick up Steely Dan-aja and Gino
Vanelli-Brother to brother.The guy in the shop suggested I give
Life beyond LA a listen.After 2 minutes of title track it was a taker.Even better was that the songs got better along the way.
These are all great songs with standout tracks Apothecary,If heaven could find me,Dancin by myself and Not as you were.Better news was that I later learned that they had 2 records before this one.Hey, I was in heaven when I found them.
So if you like slick-ish music,look no further.There is more to this band than the few tracks you may catch on the radio,much more.Halleluja.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3