Profile for Kirk Carlucci > Reviews

Content by Kirk Carlucci

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Kirk Carlucci (Corpus Christi, Texas United States)

Wishmaster 4: Prophecy Fulfilled [Import]
Wishmaster 4: Prophecy Fulfilled [Import]
DVD ~ Tara Spencer-Nairn
Price: CDN$ 10.92
19 used & new from CDN$ 5.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothin' Like The Original, Nov. 2 2002
Alright, this is one of those films that makes you wish they would have just made the original and left it alone. Wishmaster was awesome, this one is not. If you liked part 3 than you will like this one, but than again if you liked part 3, you my friend are on the soft side-if you know what I mean. I've got to admit that I was impressed with the strong sexual content within the first ten minutes of the movie! That woman is hot! I also enjoyed the part where the office guy practically cuts off his face with his pocketknife. Very gory scene, to bad it is the only one in the movie. Don't get me wrong, there are other decent death scenes, however they are not as gory as that one. Definatley worth the rent on DVD, but not the buy! Rated R for adult language, graphic violence, strong sexual content, and nudity.

Hellraiser:Hellseeker
Hellraiser:Hellseeker
DVD ~ Dean Winters
Offered by discounts
Price: CDN$ 19.99
14 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars What Happened To Our Hellraising Pinhead?, Nov. 2 2002
This review is from: Hellraiser:Hellseeker (DVD)
Alright folks, is Pinhead getting too old to kick [...]? Although Hellseeker differs from the original Hellraisers{in my opinion 1,2,and 3} it does carry an interesting storyline. You might have to watch it twice to catch things you might miss through the first viewing. This movie lacks the strong gore of 1-3, but does have some scenes that will make you squirm. It is also very similar to Inferno. True Hellraiser fans should add it to there collection, but be pre-warned Pinhead raises no hell. Like Inferno he doesn't even show his presence until half of the movie is over. Oh, by the way fellas, is it just me or does Ashley Laurence look hotter than hell in this Hellraiser? That's a good reason to watch it all together! Rated R for adult language, graphic violence, sexual content, and brief nudity.

Jason X [Widescreen Platinum Series] [Import]
Jason X [Widescreen Platinum Series] [Import]
DVD ~ Kane Hodder
Price: CDN$ 14.10
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Take me back to Crystal Lake!, Oct. 15 2002
All right film makers, let's keep our slasher heroes out of space! We need to keep Jason in the woods where he can do some serious bodily damage. I've got to admit though, with a total of 28 deaths(7 within the first 20 minutes)this F13 couldn't be all that bad. I was also impressed with the many ways our hero had to kill his victims, Kane Hodder comes through again! The DVD is awesome-picture-sound-etc. Plus you get a few extra features too! F13 fans, rent first, but then again if you're a true fan you'll buy it anyway.

NEW Hills Have Eyes 2 (DVD)
NEW Hills Have Eyes 2 (DVD)
3 used & new from CDN$ 32.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Where's the original on DVD?, Oct. 14 2002
This review is from: NEW Hills Have Eyes 2 (DVD) (DVD)
First things first, being the Wes Craven fan that I am I was proud to see Hills 2 come out on DVD, but where's the original? Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this one too, but it's like part one has fallen off the face of the earth. The plot of this one is similar to part one(you even get good flashbacks to help you along) but to me Hills 2 is more action packed. Rather than having a family in a travel trailer being stranded, you have a bunch of hellraising friends on a bus(along with some awesome dirtbikes and alot af racing fuel) that seem to put up a better fight against "The Family". Thumbs up on the death scenes too! This is a classic 80's slasher flick that is well worth seeing, and for you Craven fans it's worth adding to your collection.