Profile for Trisha Sveistrup > Reviews

Content by Trisha Sveistrup

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Trisha Sveistrup (Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada)

First Aid for Fairies and Other Fabled Beasts
First Aid for Fairies and Other Fabled Beasts
by Lari Don
Price: CDN$ 10.87
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful chapter book for younger (4-6) and older children, Jan. 22 2013
This book is well written with rich language. It is suspenseful and yet has nothing too scary before bedtime and nothing inappropriate. My kids love it and so do I.

Break Free of Parenting Pressures: Embrace Your Natural Guidance
Break Free of Parenting Pressures: Embrace Your Natural Guidance
by Ba Bsw Debbie Pokornik
Price: CDN$ 22.99
24 used & new from CDN$ 2.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Supportive, practical parenting book, Oct. 7 2011
I think everyone must have this book in their parenting library. Debbie has made it easy for parents to respond to their child's behaviour in a way that is respectful and gentle, yet firm. The book is fun, easy to read and a invaluable resource. Every time I pick it up I glean a new insight into my child's world, which helps me not only understand and appreciate my child even more, but also respond in a gentle way instead of react to their behaviour.

Debbie has a way of inviting the reader to explore effective parenting skills without sounding like she is trying to shame you as a parent, in fact she often empathizes with parents then offers some guidance. Her book is filled with practical gems. Her words are supportive and helpful.

If you are looking for parenting skills that will make a positive impact on your family then this book is for you.