Profile for Rabiah > Reviews

Content by Rabiah

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Rabiah

The 30-Day Vegan Challenge: The Ultimate Guide to Eating Cleaner, Getting Leaner, and Living Compassionately
17 used & new from CDN$ 85.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had this book when I was transitioning..., Aug. 29 2011
For fellow devoted listeners of Colleen Patrick-Goudreau`s podcast, Vegetarian Food For Thought, much of the content of this book is familiar. But now I have a handy reference to her words rather than going over hours of podcasts to find that answer. Her answers are always well-researched and referenced. Plus she has the wonderful vegan registered dietitian, Brenda Davis(author of Becoming Vegan and Becoming Raw) contributing her expertise. I love the way this book is laid out, with breakfast recipes in the breakfast section and so on(seems obvious, right). Her responses to far-too-common questions are compassionate and truthful.
Seriously, I wish I had this book when I was transitioning to veganism from carnism(if you are not familiar with carnism, search Melanie Joy). It`s amazing to be able to give this to my friends and family when they ask how to start to learn. My husband and my good friend are giving it a go. That`s amazing in itself.
Thank you Colleen!

Vegan's Daily Companion: 365 Days of Inspiration for Cooking, Eating, and Living Compassionately
19 used & new from CDN$ 3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and helpful, April 30 2011
The recipes are delightful! The information about different edible plants is fascinating. It's wonderful to hear about animals in the arts and to read about farmed animal rescue cases. It's heartwarming to read about people's own transition to eating entirely plants. Absolutely inspiring, and uplifting. I refer to this book often, especially when the world has me feeling owned. The please-remind-me-why-I'm-vegan? moments. I've used her social 'techniques'(for lack of a better word...hmm...etiquette?)and have been pleasantly surprised by the outcomes. Nice job, Colleen! Love it! As usual.

Color Me Vegan: Maximize Your Nutrient Intake and Optimize Your Health by Eating Antioxidant-Rich, Fiber-Packed, Color-Intense Meals That Taste Great
Price: CDN$ 15.87
35 used & new from CDN$ 15.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, Dec 9 2010
Beautiful book! What I especially appreciate is, Colleen tries to stick to ingredients that you can get at your local grocery. Again, awesome information inside(one example is the helpful tips for cutting onions without tears), and many delicious and fairly simple recipes! I've got her two other cookbooks and she makes being vegan pretty simple...and scrumptious!

The Joy of Vegan Baking: The Compassionate Cooks' Traditional Treats and Sinful Sweets
Price: CDN$ 17.32
45 used & new from CDN$ 16.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Noy enough words to describe how awesome this book is!, Oct. 12 2010
This was my first vegan cookbook. I LOVE it! The first section just explains when to use what for egg, and dairy substitutes. Super easy, explained things very well(this is especially important to me because I have a severe brain injury-it takes me a bit longer to comprehend what to do). There's even tips on troubleshooting, on how to read a recipe, and pantry suggestions. This was a fantastic way to start cooking. I never really cooked before as an omnivore, so the tips were helpful when transitioning to an entirely plant-based lifestyle. This was a great book to show the omnivores in my life that vegan baking is delicious!! Plus you don't need eggs or dairy for things to taste rich and moist! I've made about a dozen recipes out of the book, all good. I'm buying this book for my mom and mom-in-law, sister, and some friends.
Colleen Patrick-Goudreau is now my hero.