Profile for Pedram Saleh > Reviews

Content by Pedram Saleh

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Pedram Saleh

Simplybeautiful 100 Percent  Pure Badger Brush With Chrome Handle, 1-Count
Simplybeautiful 100 Percent Pure Badger Brush With Chrome Handle, 1-Count
Price: CDN$ 25.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Coarse on face, not very enjoyable., Aug. 24 2014
This is my first brush, and I was expecting this brush to be softer than it was. This can sometimes feel like poking my face with straw. I have to brush at an angle rather than straight on, otherwise it feels more like porcupine bristles on my face than soft badger hair. You're probably better off going with a "best badger" or "super badger" brush, since that'll give you a softer feel.

Also, this brush doesn't quite fit into a blade/brush stand made by the SAME COMPANY. What the heck? I have to really push it in to get it to fit. I don't think it's too much to expect it to slide in nicely with one hand (like my Edwin Jagger blade does), rather than have to use two hands (one to hold the stand and one to push the brush in).

It did lose some hairs the first few times I used it, but that seemed to stop after a couple uses. All in all though, this was a disappointment.

I'd like to give this 2.5 stars if I could, but it's rounded up to 3.

Ever After
Ever After
Price: CDN$ 10.00
27 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great album. This band should be more popular than they are., Jan. 22 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Ever After (Audio CD)
This is a great album. I first liked their song Fallout when I heard it on the radio, then Desperate Measures, then Haven't Had Enough grew on me, and after I heard Stutter I had to get the album.
There are a few other gems I discovered on there too, like Truth or Dare, Toy Soldiers and B Team. I'd give all of those tracks 8/10 or higher.

That's a total of 7 songs on one album that could be hit singles in my opinion. Well worth getting. I only wish I discovered it earlier.

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy - Extended Edition [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Elijah Wood
Price: CDN$ 52.35
15 used & new from CDN$ 32.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been great but marred by green tint, too many discs and forced trailers., Dec 5 2011
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I've been waiting for this since the extended editions first came out on DVD. I held off on getting a DVD set or the Blu-Ray Theatrical editions because I knew this would be the definitive set to get. Needless to say I'm a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's not BAD per se; it just could have been better.

It's great that FOTR got a new transfer for this release (compared to the theatrical editions), but in getting that new transfer the infamous green tint issue popped up. I know some people say that it's supposed to be like this because Peter Jackson said that the new transfer looks really good and how he intended for it to look - but he said that at the time that the transfer went out for an HDTV broadcast. That statement was made well before this Blu-Ray set came out, so he couldn't have seen what they did to the Blu-Ray. If you compare screenshots with the DVD versions, you can see that the colours are pretty off in this tinted version, especially inside the Hobbit dwellings where it causes everything to appear unnaturally yellow and other colours to be dulled out. The colours on the DVD version are much more vibrant. The detail on the BR version is much better, sure, but the colours really mar what could have been a great release. The colour shift back to "normal" is noticeable when you go from the first movie to the second.

Secondly, one could say that it's really cool that this set includes so many discs of extras, but that actually shows the relative laziness of the studio, because the extras come on DVD discs and unnecessarily bulk up the set. Even if the extras are in SD, we're buying a Blu-Ray set so they could have fit those 9 DVDs of extras onto one or two Blu-Ray discs and saved some space and plastic. It's great to have so many extras, just not great to keep having to switch discs in and out when the technology is there not to have to do so.

Lastly, the Canadian version is an Alliance release and has forced trailers that the American version doesn't have.

All in all, I don't regret buying this set and it's be best available version of the LOTR trilogy, but it's not the definitive set that the fans could have had. It's unlikely the studios are going to do anything about it though, since plenty of people still bought it and lined the execs' pockets with their hard earned cash, so we'll just have to live with it for now.