Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Amazon Customer "Denny" (DC)

Days of Heaven (Widescreen)
Days of Heaven (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Richard Gere
Offered by newtownvideo_ca
Price: CDN$ 28.99
12 used & new from CDN$ 3.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie/Bad Copy, March 15 2004
This review is from: Days of Heaven (Widescreen) (DVD)
No care was taken into the transfer to DVD. It looks like a 2nd generation copy to me. A shame that no attention was paid this beautiful film.
But, that aside, it is indeed..a poem.

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band: Live in Barcelona [Import]
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band: Live in Barcelona [Import]
DVD ~ Bruce Springsteen
Price: CDN$ 15.74
28 used & new from CDN$ 8.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Here's my problem..., Feb. 23 2004
The 1st disc was great. I tried to play the 2nd disc but the disc would not respond to my remote. I couldn't get to the documentary or individual performances. I tried other dvd's and they all worked fine. The 1st disc was fine too! Thinking this was maybe a defect, I exchanged it....the same thing happened! I am so looking forward to seeing the 2nd disc. Suggestions?

The Wind
The Wind
Price: CDN$ 13.75
30 used & new from CDN$ 6.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Poor Ezekiel, Feb. 10 2004
This review is from: The Wind (Audio CD)
It appears from his "review" that Ezekiel didn't really listen to the album but rather wrote a scathing commentary on those who like Zevon's music. If I could give this album 10 stars..I would. If I could give Zekiekins any stars..I wouldn't..but I would recommend therapy..why..if he dislikes someone so much would he take the time for this lengthy and completely unnecessary dissertation. Too much free time I would guess.

Kindred Spirits A Tribute To
Kindred Spirits A Tribute To
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 13.94
8 used & new from CDN$ 1.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh Please!, Dec 9 2003
If I wanted to hear Cash's versions of these songs then I will listen to them. What interests me is others interpretations. So if Keb Mo changed the lyrics and doesn't know Cash..ok...bad choice there... such is life...get over it already. I don't buy tribute albums so that I can listen to others copy the original.
Another excellent tribute album "Badlands" is of Springsteen's "Nebraska". Believe me..the version of "Atlantic City" by Hank III is not remotely close to Bruce's. That's what makes it so interesting.

Todd Rundgren:Desktop Coll 2nd
Todd Rundgren:Desktop Coll 2nd
DVD ~ Todd Rundgren
Price: CDN$ 30.20
7 used & new from CDN$ 23.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey..It's Todd!, April 22 2002
What can be bad? Let me change that...his "Ever Popular Tortured Artist Effect" was actually a video/dvd I could have lived without. But the 2nd Wind Sessions..I have seen before and really enjoyed the insight into the recording process and the fun the performers..and the audience seem to have. Plus Todd cracks me the hell up anyway. The DeskTop Collection I have also seen before and enjoyed. Todd is sadly underappreciated. His induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is long overdue. He has participated in some of the seminars that are held there...one would think his induction would have occurred by now. Although he will be inducted...I am bothered that it hasn't happened yet. But...I digress. This DVD is really quite good and immensely entertaining...his music is timeless...hits home every time.