Profile for M. Codas Echavarri > Reviews

Content by M. Codas Echavarri
Top Reviewer Ranking: 139

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

M. Codas Echavarri "Marcos Codas" (Ontario, Canada)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2
Neewer Hot-Shoe Soft Pop-Up Flash Diffuser for Digital SLR Cameras (Canon Nikon Fujifilm Olympus Panasonic Pentax HP Leica Minolta) with White, Blue (Cooling) and Orange (Warming) Screen
Price: CDN$ 9.24
9 used & new from CDN$ 2.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't fit T2i (550D), although it's advertised that it will., Jan. 26 2015
I don't know how good the diffuse effect would be, because it doesn't fit my Canon 550D (although it's advertised here that it does).

It fits fine within the hotshoe, but it's not wide enough for the popup flash to deploy fully, which means the flash head is pointed at an angle towards the ground, making it completely unusable.

Sad, I really wanted it to work, and I'm sure if it fits your camera, it might give good results.

But it doesn't fit my T2i (550D), so I can't say.

Waste of time.

Neewer 58mm Wide Angle Lens 0.45X For Canon Rebel EOS 18-55mm
Neewer 58mm Wide Angle Lens 0.45X For Canon Rebel EOS 18-55mm
Offered by Cessna Sales CA (18-26 days delivery)
Price: CDN$ 16.97
7 used & new from CDN$ 8.45

4.0 out of 5 stars The macro works great! Wide angle has some vignetting, but not much., Jan. 9 2015
This is an excellent beginner's kit for an an intro to wide angle and macro photography.

The highlight is the macro part, which works quite nicely. I've attached a picture of my tea which I took with a Canon T2i and an 18-55mm kit lense + the macro adapter. I think the result is quite nice. The picture was edited in post a bit, but you can see the clarity just fine (apologies, Amazon didn't like the picture).

The wide-angle portion of this kit leaves a bit to be desired, as at 18mm on the kit lense there's some vignetting. But it isn't the end of the world and you still get quite wide after zooming in a bit to get rid of the vignetting.

Do they match purpose-made lenses? No.
Will chromatic aberrations show up when pixel peeping? If you look REALLY close, yes.

It's a very inexpensive way to get into two different fields of photography though, and the results are more than enough for web use and even small prints (don't let the snobs tell you otherwise).

Professional Cleaning Kit for DSLR Cameras (Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Sony)Lens Cleaning Pen System+Air Blower Cleaner+Cleaning Cloths
Offered by The Wildlife Photography Shop ca
Price: CDN$ 11.05
2 used & new from CDN$ 11.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but functional. Somewhat flimsy, but works., Jan. 9 2015
The pen seems a bit flimsy, specially on the tip that isn't a brush. It does, however, work very nicely. It removed some surface scuffs off of my Canon lenses without a hitch.

The brush tip sheds a bit, but not so much that it becomes a chore.

The blower is definitely the highlight of the pack, as it works as advertised.

The cloth is actually better than I expected.

All in all, I've already cleaned my gear with it and everything seems to be working fine. I hope the pen lasts without the tip breaking off, but no point in changing it since all of the pens I've seen are mostly the exact same Chinese model. Aside from that, it's a fine kit. All you'll need to keep your gear clean most of the time.

Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head
Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head
Price: CDN$ 67.69
8 used & new from CDN$ 67.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Started off hating it, ended up liking it., Jan. 9 2015
This is the second tripod I've bought from Amazon, my third total. I kept the first one because it was dirt cheap, but I recently returned the Polaroid 57" tripod, quite simply, because it was awful.

The legs were tremendously flimsy, and the head was plastic. Not only that, but the tightener for the screw at the bottom of the plate came off after using it twice. Hated it, returned it.

After much consideration and online research, I ended up deciding to spring up the extra cash and get the Dolica (for twice the price of the Polaroid). And when it first got it, I was like "Oh no, here we go again".

I loved the head, but the tripod itself felt unstable and the legs seemed flimsy (although not nearly as much as the Polaroid's).

I mainly bought the tripod for night-time long exposure photography, so stability is a must.

So I began looking at expending twice as much again for a MeFoto, or a Manfrotto, or something along those lines.

Today, however, I had to use it again, and realized something: You don't need to extend ALL the legs, ALL the way, ALL the time. It's a bit much. And when you don't use the bottom-most legs, the tripod transforms itself.

The legs are no longer flimsy, and the whole thing is much more stable.

I personally don't need the whole height of the tripod all the time, so the "new 3 section tripod" I got after not releasing the 4th legs is actually more than enough.

The head continues to be amazing. I've read a lot of people don't like it, but with my T2i and a variety of lenses, it's really a fantastic head for still photography (forget fluid motion video, though).

I'm attaching a macro shot I made today of my tea with the tripod, because Why Not? It's really stable and helped me frame the shot right. (Apologies, apparently Amazon didn't like this picture much. No idea why).

I'm also attaching a picture of how the tripod was positioned to get the shot.

Moving on: The tripod itself is a bit hefty if you're going to travel with it, but nothing that'll break your back. The bag provided is nice (nicely padded). Instruction book is there (in the bag's inner pocket), but don't foresee needing it. Allen key is always welcome.

Do I wish it was stable when fully extended? Yes. But really, everything else is just so good that I'm keeping this one.

Polaroid 57" Photo / Video Tripod Includes Deluxe Tripod Carrying Case For Digital Cameras & Camcorders
Offered by Canadian Shoppe
Price: CDN$ 27.99
10 used & new from CDN$ 27.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to like it, ended up hating it. Returned! (57" version), Jan. 1 2015
I really wanted to like this tripod. I'm all for hunting for affordable (read: cheap), gear that works, and have bought Polaroid stuff in the past with great results (the Circular Polarizing Filter works great! Awesome glass). But this tripod is quite bad.

If you're using a point and shoot, it may not be THAT bad, but even then, it's not great.

The problem is two-fold:

First, it's quite flimsy. And when I say flimsy, I mean REALLY flimsy. It's not a problem if you're shooting indoors but the lightest breeze outside will result in your picture being blurry. Forget about timelapses and/or long exposure photographs.

Another issue with the flimsiness is that it barely takes the weight of my Canon T2i/550D, even with a mega light lens like the 50mm f1.8.

The other thing is the plastic head. The screw on to attach it to the camera has a tightener that came off after using it twice.

I really, really like affordable stuff. I really do. But I ended up returning this tripod and getting another one instead. A Dolica AX620B100, which hopefully will be better.

I'm not a snob by any means, but if you have a camera that weighs a little bit or are planning to shoot outdoors, this isn't the tripod for you.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - PlayStation Vita
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - PlayStation Vita
Price: CDN$ 29.95
10 used & new from CDN$ 29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A great RPG with a light heart and fantastic combat system., Oct. 13 2014
A completely under-rated gem of a game, Re;Birth1 takes everything I loved about videogames in the 80s and 90s (non-sensical, fun, laughable story and characters) and brought it to a 21st Century RPG which is beautiful to look at and tremendously fun to play.

The combat system is amazing, the crafting system is deep (as is the armoring and items system), the story is fun and makes little sense. The game doesn't take itself too seriously, making constant references to the fact that it's a remake, and that they are indeed in a video game.

A lot of the negativity in the specialized press was due to fan-service (when female characters pander to men, showing scantily clad women and sexual innuendo in the dialogue), but really, that's a very rare instance. I've been playing this game for 17 game-hours (so around 20 hours with deaths included), and there have been about 5 instances of fan service. I really think that the person who reviewed this at IGN didn't even really get that far into the game.

All in all, if you like a fun RPG with a light-hearted approach to an often too-serious genre, and in a world of definitely-too-serious video games, then Re;Birth1 is definitely for you.

Corsair Memory 4 GB PC3-8500 1066Mhz 204-Pin DDR3 Laptop Memory CM3X4GSD1066
Corsair Memory 4 GB PC3-8500 1066Mhz 204-Pin DDR3 Laptop Memory CM3X4GSD1066
Offered by OneDealOutlet Canada
Price: CDN$ 50.41
23 used & new from CDN$ 50.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speed at a great price!, Oct. 13 2014
Works great with my Lenovo T420 laptop.

Fosmon S-Shape Flexible TPU Gel Case for the Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 - Clear (Fosmon Retail Packaging)
Offered by theWireless Company
Price: CDN$ 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as protective as I thought., Oct. 13 2014
I bought two of these for my parent's phones. My mom dropped hers and the screen broke a week after getting this case.

32GB 32G Memory Stick PRO Duo for PSP, Camera, Phone, Photo Frame, MicroSD + Adapter
Offered by EnjoyGadgets
Price: CDN$ 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for PSP ROMs, but only 29.5GB, Nov. 19 2013
The card itself works great. Pop it into the PSP first, though, so that the PSP itself formats the card. After that, pop it into the PC, transfer your files, and you're golden.

That said, it's not 32GB, it's only 29.5GB. That's a big difference. I can live with it, though, but I wish I'd gotten my full 32GB. Still, for the price it's pretty good.

CitiGeeks® 3x Anti-Glare Premium Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S II - Model I9100 (Please check model number of your device). Fingerprint Resistant. Matte. Pack of 3. CitiGeeks Retail Package.
Offered by CitiGeeks
Price: CDN$ 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., Aug. 27 2013
Easy to apply. The anti-glare works really well, and it keeps off fingermarks remarkably well. I'm pretty happy with it.

Page: 1 | 2