Profile for K. Warren > Reviews

Content by K. Warren

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

K. Warren

Page: 1 | 2
Something Blue
Something Blue
by Emily Giffin
Price: CDN$ 12.26
198 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Something Blue, Nov. 1 2008
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
This book was a good book from the beginning to the end. I loved the humor and I'm glad that Darcy evolved into a mature well rounded woman. I've just completed Something Blue it has become my second favourite book. I'm finally glad that Darcy did some soul searching and transformed herself into a normal person. She isn't the emotional bitch who initiates shallow conflict. I can't believe she couldn't let it all go and she had me all caught up with her emotional situations. The sexual images were just plain disgusting especially with the old medical doctor who had a son. Did she have to date him when she's his client? I could relate to some of the situations in the book. There should be a continuation of Something Borrowed and Something Blue. I couldn't put the Something Blue novel down. I can't believe people that came in contact with Darcy had the patience to put up with her annoyingness.

The Art of War II:Betrayal Bilingual
The Art of War II:Betrayal Bilingual
DVD ~ Wesley Snipes
Price: CDN$ 6.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 1.47

4.0 out of 5 stars The Art of War 2: The Betrayal, Aug. 25 2008
I love Wesley Snipes and his hand to hand combat with bad guys. I also loved his Blade movie. I liked the humour and the action. He barely has a scratch with his fight scenes.

Street Kings
Street Kings
DVD ~ DVD
Price: CDN$ 11.98
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Streeet Kings, Aug. 25 2008
This review is from: Street Kings (DVD)
The old drug wars with criminals and the cops. The various races of poverty to the rich. There was lots of fast paced action. There was tons of swearing from the Black gangsters who would have all the bling that looks like ten grand worth of diamond rings and watches, weapons, drugs and cars. I was so distracted by the ten grand in jewelry and their swearing. The silvery plated grills that look like seven thousand grand. The gang name of Scribble lol. All the black ghetto talk of White Boy etc. The expensive suits and the tattoos. It's a freaking American Gangster Rap Video. You don't have to affect and reach out to the rap fans of the world like that. I just find the whole hoopla hilarious. Chris Evans line was funny of I have a fiance and I would like to see her again while driving fast in the car.

There was lots gruesome deaths. The Game was in the movie and so was Jay Mohr. Hugh Laurie was very funny and so was Cedric the Entertainer.

Vantage Point (Angles d'attaque) (Widescreen Bilingual Edition)
Vantage Point (Angles d'attaque) (Widescreen Bilingual Edition)
DVD ~ Dennis Quaid
Price: CDN$ 3.00
45 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Vantage Point, Aug. 25 2008
Most of the character perspectives were lame. Forest Whitaker had the best parts and character. It becomes an annoyance when the scenes are told in the sequence, then it gets to the end of an incomplete scenario, it rewinds to the beginning and a whole other perspective is told. I dislike movies like this. There is no grounded direct plot that will travel in one direction.

If I wanted to watch the whole movie backwards I would hit the rewind button from the beginning of the movie to the end.

I only rented the movie partly because the cover looked like it was a good movie and it made the number one spot for the top movies to see. The description was good. This movie is all hype and no good.

There was a couple that was behind me who intended to rent the same movie that I had just watched. I thought if you two only know how bad a movie this is and don't rent it.

Awake
Awake
DVD ~ DVD
Price: CDN$ 13.99
36 used & new from CDN$ 0.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Awake, Aug. 25 2008
This review is from: Awake (DVD)
I disliked this movie for the backwards spiritual recalls of the characters. I dislike movies that go back and forth. I didn't mind the blood, gore and the organs. It was a sad love story with a surprising ending. It was a good love story. The evil characters were bad.

Lust, Caution (Widescreen, R-Rated Edition) (Sous-titres français) [Import]
Lust, Caution (Widescreen, R-Rated Edition) (Sous-titres français) [Import]
DVD ~ Tony Chiu Wai Leung
Offered by vidco
Price: CDN$ 12.60
8 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Lust, Caution, Aug. 25 2008
A young woman who has sex with an older man is disgusting. Sex most of the time with them is even more gross. Then they date and get married later. Other than that the movie was good. A young woman who has to live and put up with an old horrible evil man.

Spirit
Spirit
Price: CDN$ 8.00
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Leona Lewis Spirit, Aug. 25 2008
This review is from: Spirit (Audio CD)
I haven't purchased or owned this album. It sounds as if there's the same old R&B beat. All I can hear his her talented high pitched singing voice and there's no deep emotion in her singing. The producers and the whole team behind the creation of the record aren't very creative. The song lyrics aren't that bad.

The Babysitters (Bilingual) [Import]
The Babysitters (Bilingual) [Import]
DVD ~ Lauren Birkell
Price: CDN$ 11.03
8 used & new from CDN$ 7.52

1.0 out of 5 stars The Babysitters, Aug. 23 2008
I found the movie awfully disturbing with teenagers who had sex with their friends' fathers. They had to make big extra money by being prostitutes. Shirley's father is even screwing one of the girls in the ring. The men should've gotten caught and thrown in jail for having sex with minors. They are married men with families. Everyone has their secrets but for what cost? It was disgusting to see the older men touch their girls intimately. Shirley was a female dog of a Pimp or Madame and her friends were almost murderous to one of the prostitutes.

There was one teenage boy who wanted to kiss Shirley and she didn't look like she wanted him.

The girls don't need to screw men for college money and land some real decent jobs. I'm glad there was no nudity except for one scene. The movie was humourous. Shirley's OCD was humerous.

There was no meaningful depth in the story and the ending turned out bad.

I wouldn't recommend this movie for anyone to see for the statutory rape and prostitution.

If I wanted to see a movie like this I would've screwed my guy friend or watch a legal aged sex show on television.

Something Borrowed
Something Borrowed
by Emily Giffin
Price: CDN$ 12.26
197 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars something borrowed, Aug. 4 2008
This review is from: Something Borrowed (Paperback)
I loved this book and I could not put it down and it kept me turning the pages. It's a good book for anyone who's getting engaged, married, and in a relationship. I did find that Darcy was a very female doggish woman and I never liked her. She is to spoiled but was best friends with Rachel. I felt really bad for Rachel and the whole affair with Dex. I liked Rachel's character. I liked the humour throughout the novel. I did not like the minor sexual scenes. The whole love triangles were twisted and odd. I never thought that Darcy and Dexter were not gonna end up marrying one another in the end. I was surprised and disappointed that the whole engagement ring and the wedding dress and event costs became a complete waste and that so much money was spent.

I had finished this novel in only days because it was an easy read. I also liked the fact that there are book club questions to answer as an optional choice that relates to the story.

Trading Up: A Novel
Trading Up: A Novel
by Candace Bushnell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.89
77 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Trading Up, Aug. 1 2008
I've read a few chapters and even though there is no specific plot in the novel it's a very good read and a page turner for the ladies. I couldn't put the book down and I just had to keep going. I'm gonna be giving it as a gift to someone. I love the whole fashion, expensive purchases etc. because I could never afford the amount of stuff that those ladies purchase. I like that it's a chunky book that will take a person a long time to read.

Page: 1 | 2