Profile for Louie D. Lindo > Reviews

Content by Louie D. Lindo

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Louie D. Lindo (Canada)

For the First Time Understand Realistic Self-Defense
For the First Time Understand Realistic Self-Defense
by Ralph Haenel
13 used & new from CDN$ 14.57

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most read books in my martial arts library., March 8 2004
I acquired a copy of your book, `For the first time understand Realistic Self-Defense`, in April 2002. The book was well written and presented. I really like the concepts, recommendations and suggestions throughout the book. Your book and `On Single Combat` written by Keith R. Kernspecht, are two of my most read books in my martial arts library. I am looking forward to the succeeding volumes you have announced.
I am trying my best to adapt and apply your Wing Tsun concepts on realistic self-defense to my personal training and my regular public classes in the Filipino combat arts of Eskrima and Kali. I view these arts alongside Wing Tsun as purely combative and for self-preservation. We have further streamlined our Kali/Eskrima program to the bare essentials ... as your Wing Tsun saying 'LESS IS MORE' is a very, very important mind set to us.
Chris Chinfen, who wrote a interesting article in your book, was a Kali student of mine in the early 1990's and eventually became a good friend. He has also been very kind in sharing some of the Wing Tsun concepts with me when time permits amidst our busy family schedules.
All the best and success in your current and future endeavors.
Respectfully yours,
Louie D. Lindo
Head Instructor
Ikatan Filipino Kali Association (Canada)