Profile for Shae K. > Reviews

Content by Shae K.

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Shae K.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Four Paws 100202625 Ultimate Touch Slicker Wire Brush, Mini, Gentle
Four Paws 100202625 Ultimate Touch Slicker Wire Brush, Mini, Gentle
Price: CDN$ 5.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush. It's the perfect size for my 7 ..., Aug. 30 2014
Great brush. It's the perfect size for my 7 lbs dog, and it does a good job taking out his dead undercoat. Very happy with the purchase!

Snoozer 15687 Small Pet Ramp, Black
Snoozer 15687 Small Pet Ramp, Black
Price: CDN$ 88.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog uses it., June 11 2014
I use this on my bed for my 7 lbs Pomeranian-Chihuahua mix. A neighbor complained about him jumping on and off furniture in the middle of the night, so I got this to minimize the noise. Well he seems to like it enough -- he uses it. We also use it ourselves for when we are sitting on the floor as a back rest haha! The microsuede is easy to clean and doesn't show dirt. It's also very lightweight. It is a bit large as the other reviewer has mentioned, but any smaller it wouldn't be stable.

I use this on my carpet and it does not slide around too much. On wood floors you may have to put something under it though.

Finnex AL-16WM 16-Inch FugeRay Aquarium LED Light Plus Moonlights
Finnex AL-16WM 16-Inch FugeRay Aquarium LED Light Plus Moonlights
Price: CDN$ 51.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 51.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, bright light!, June 11 2014
My fluorescent light was crapping out on me so I purchased this LED light after all these great reviews. It makes my tank look absolutely beautiful! It's very bright and it makes the colors of my betta really pop.

I am hoping it will help with my plants as well, but we will have to wait a few weeks to see if it has any real effect on them.

Aquarium info:
Size: 10 Gallon
Inhabitants: Thai Micro Crab + Crowntail Betta
Plants: Med-heavily planted -- low-med light plants (anubias, java moss, banana plant, etc.)
Substrate: Carib Sea Tahitian Moon Sand

Nutrafin A7865 Mini Master Test Kit, Contains 4 Test Parameters
Nutrafin A7865 Mini Master Test Kit, Contains 4 Test Parameters
Price: CDN$ 31.29
9 used & new from CDN$ 26.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Works., May 22 2014
I have been using this test kit to help with my fish-in cycling that I am currently doing on a 10 gallon tank.

It works fine, but I just wanted to make note of one thing for those who have never done water parameter testing before:
- The ammonia levels on this test kit are a bit confusing -- the numbers on the color chart are NOT ammonia levels per ppm (the standard). Instead, anything above 1.2 according to the chart registers as ammonia levels in ppm in another table (0.01 ppm readings or above). 0.6 does NOT mean that you have an ammonia reading of 0.6 ppm. In fact, it doesn't not even come close to 0.01 ppm.

Besides that, it has been easy to use.

The only other complaint I have is that it only comes with two test tubes which seems kind of silly since there are four tests (pH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate), so you will have to rinse out your test tubes at least once when doing a full check.

HeroDogTreats All Natural and Healthy Dehydrated Beef Aorta Dog Treats, 1000gm Bulk

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog loved it :), April 4 2014
I have purchased dehydrated treats from HERO before. I purchased some rabbit feet last time and they were a big hit, so when I saw these on sale, I had to buy them!

1 KG of beef aortas is a lot of treats... I am a dog sitter, and I would say this bag will definitely last me over a month with feeding them regularly to my dog and my clients' dogs (I take in about 2 dogs).

They are not particularly long lasting -- my 7 lbs dog just went through a smaller piece in about 15 mins, so for a bigger dog I would imagine it wouldn't take more than 5 mins... but he enjoyed every moment of it :)

Chuckit! Small Ultra Ball 2 inch, 2-Pack
Chuckit! Small Ultra Ball 2 inch, 2-Pack
Price: CDN$ 9.59
12 used & new from CDN$ 9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, durable ball., April 4 2014
My dog is not the biggest fan of balls. The only balls he plays with are the Kong Squeakers... and this one :) I wasn't sure he would like this one, but he loves them and will play fetch for a long time with them.

He is 7 lbs and it is small enough for him to fit in his mouth.

I don't recommend letting your dog chew on it for hours on end (it's not designed for that), but it should last a long time if you use it only for playing fetch, and other supervised play :)

Da Bird Go Cat Rod and Feather Cat Toys, Assorted Colors
Da Bird Go Cat Rod and Feather Cat Toys, Assorted Colors
Price: CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My cats went crazy for this toy!, March 29 2014
This is the best cat teaser I have ever purchased. It is made out of quality materials, and my cats went NUTS for it!

I own four other cat teasers at home, but this is their favorite by far. They will chase and jump for the toy until they are completely exhausted.

The only complaint I have is that the string gets tangled somewhat easily so you have to be more careful with it when you play with it.

Hurtta HU930792 Pet Collection 14-Inch Padded Y-Harness, Yellow
Hurtta HU930792 Pet Collection 14-Inch Padded Y-Harness, Yellow
Price: CDN$ 30.00
2 used & new from CDN$ 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best harness I have ever purchased, Feb. 5 2014
I love this harness. I purchased it after my foster dog chewed up both my two harnesses (Puppia and Coastal Pet). Both of the old harnesses were great, especially the Puppia one, but it's nowhere near as high quality as this one that I bought (hence the price difference!).

I would highly recommend this harness for active dogs, and dogs who are not very visible at night. The reflective tape is useful, and the color is very bright, so it's perfect for my mostly black dog.

It fits him very well, and the buckles and straps are extremely sturdy.

The harnesses before would sometimes make him cough/choke if he pulled really hard, but we have not had an issue with this harness.

I have a feeling I will not need another harness for years to come!

PetSafe Busy Buddy BB-TNT-XS-11 Extra Small Twist 'n Treat Dog Toy
PetSafe Busy Buddy BB-TNT-XS-11 Extra Small Twist 'n Treat Dog Toy
Price: CDN$ 2.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining toy, Jan. 6 2014
My dog enjoys playing with this toy. It definitely is for small dogs (like, under 10 lbs), and I don't think it would last with a dog who is an extremely strong chewer. I stuff the treat with broken up cookies and twist it until it's tight, and let my dog work to get the treats out. It keeps him from being bored when I can't pay attention to him, and seems to keep him entertained for longer than his Kong.

FeelGood Trail Blazing Bitz Grain-Free Goat Liver Recipe
FeelGood Trail Blazing Bitz Grain-Free Goat Liver Recipe
Price: CDN$ 7.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Big bag of treats!, Nov. 7 2013
A big hit with my dogs. I was surprised by how much came in the bag. It was a lot bigger than I had expected, so I was pretty happy about that.

The pieces are somewhat irregular though so breaking them up into smaller pieces is difficult. I had intended to use them for training but I guess the thicker pieces will just be for snacks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4