Profile for Shae K. > Reviews

Content by Shae K.

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Shae K.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
PetSafe PPT00-13778 Feline Lickety Stik Treat, Salmon
PetSafe PPT00-13778 Feline Lickety Stik Treat, Salmon
Price: CDN$ 3.35
2 used & new from CDN$ 3.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, poor execution., Sept. 26 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Great idea, but none of the cats or even my dog is interested in this treat.

Unfortunate, as it would have made a great training tool.

Dremel Nail Grooming Kit
Dremel Nail Grooming Kit
Price: CDN$ 30.96
4 used & new from CDN$ 30.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog no longer hates nail clipping!, Sept. 26 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I have a 7 lbs dog who is very sensitive, and he always wasn't a big fan of getting his nails clipped. I always felt like I wasn't clipping enough of his nails, but was afraid to hit the quick. I heard so many great things about this tool, so I purchased it to try it out.

I spent the first few days desensitizing him to the noise. He is clicker trained, so I turned on the dremel, and clicked and treated for him being near the proximity of the dremel. After doing this, I turned off the machine and ran the machine along his paws to get him accustomed to the feeling.

The first time I used the tool, I had my boyfriend help me be holding him in his arms. We stopped frequently to treat and we constantly praised him during the process.

I've used it a total of four times now and my dog lets me do around two paws without getting squirmy. I always make a big fuss and give him a treat after.

I believe this is a lot gentler on him because he definitely does not seem to be uncomfortable like when we used to use his nail clipper. I have yet to hit the quick.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product. I would definitely recommend it to other pet owners!

Four Paws 100202625 Ultimate Touch Slicker Wire Brush, Mini, Gentle
Four Paws 100202625 Ultimate Touch Slicker Wire Brush, Mini, Gentle
Price: CDN$ 8.72
3 used & new from CDN$ 5.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush. It's the perfect size for my 7 ..., Aug. 30 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Great brush. It's the perfect size for my 7 lbs dog, and it does a good job taking out his dead undercoat. Very happy with the purchase!

Snoozer 15687 Small Pet Ramp, Black
Snoozer 15687 Small Pet Ramp, Black
Price: CDN$ 107.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog uses it., June 11 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I use this on my bed for my 7 lbs Pomeranian-Chihuahua mix. A neighbor complained about him jumping on and off furniture in the middle of the night, so I got this to minimize the noise. Well he seems to like it enough -- he uses it. We also use it ourselves for when we are sitting on the floor as a back rest haha! The microsuede is easy to clean and doesn't show dirt. It's also very lightweight. It is a bit large as the other reviewer has mentioned, but any smaller it wouldn't be stable.

I use this on my carpet and it does not slide around too much. On wood floors you may have to put something under it though.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, bright light!, June 11 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
My fluorescent light was crapping out on me so I purchased this LED light after all these great reviews. It makes my tank look absolutely beautiful! It's very bright and it makes the colors of my betta really pop.

I am hoping it will help with my plants as well, but we will have to wait a few weeks to see if it has any real effect on them.

Aquarium info:
Size: 10 Gallon
Inhabitants: Thai Micro Crab + Crowntail Betta
Plants: Med-heavily planted -- low-med light plants (anubias, java moss, banana plant, etc.)
Substrate: Carib Sea Tahitian Moon Sand

Nutrafin A7865 Mini Master Test Kit, Contains 4 Test Parameters
Nutrafin A7865 Mini Master Test Kit, Contains 4 Test Parameters
Price: CDN$ 31.32
7 used & new from CDN$ 26.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Works., May 22 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I have been using this test kit to help with my fish-in cycling that I am currently doing on a 10 gallon tank.

It works fine, but I just wanted to make note of one thing for those who have never done water parameter testing before:
- The ammonia levels on this test kit are a bit confusing -- the numbers on the color chart are NOT ammonia levels per ppm (the standard). Instead, anything above 1.2 according to the chart registers as ammonia levels in ppm in another table (0.01 ppm readings or above). 0.6 does NOT mean that you have an ammonia reading of 0.6 ppm. In fact, it doesn't not even come close to 0.01 ppm.

Besides that, it has been easy to use.

The only other complaint I have is that it only comes with two test tubes which seems kind of silly since there are four tests (pH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate), so you will have to rinse out your test tubes at least once when doing a full check.

HeroDogTreats All Natural and Healthy Dehydrated Beef Aorta Dog Treats, 1000gm Bulk

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog loved it :), April 4 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I have purchased dehydrated treats from HERO before. I purchased some rabbit feet last time and they were a big hit, so when I saw these on sale, I had to buy them!

1 KG of beef aortas is a lot of treats... I am a dog sitter, and I would say this bag will definitely last me over a month with feeding them regularly to my dog and my clients' dogs (I take in about 2 dogs).

They are not particularly long lasting -- my 7 lbs dog just went through a smaller piece in about 15 mins, so for a bigger dog I would imagine it wouldn't take more than 5 mins... but he enjoyed every moment of it :)

Chuckit! Small Ultra Ball 2 inch, 2-Pack
Chuckit! Small Ultra Ball 2 inch, 2-Pack
Price: CDN$ 9.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 9.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, durable ball., April 4 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
My dog is not the biggest fan of balls. The only balls he plays with are the Kong Squeakers... and this one :) I wasn't sure he would like this one, but he loves them and will play fetch for a long time with them.

He is 7 lbs and it is small enough for him to fit in his mouth.

I don't recommend letting your dog chew on it for hours on end (it's not designed for that), but it should last a long time if you use it only for playing fetch, and other supervised play :)

Da Bird Go Cat Rod and Feather Cat Toys, Assorted Colors
Da Bird Go Cat Rod and Feather Cat Toys, Assorted Colors
Price: CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My cats went crazy for this toy!, March 29 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This is the best cat teaser I have ever purchased. It is made out of quality materials, and my cats went NUTS for it!

I own four other cat teasers at home, but this is their favorite by far. They will chase and jump for the toy until they are completely exhausted.

The only complaint I have is that the string gets tangled somewhat easily so you have to be more careful with it when you play with it.

Hurtta HU930792 Pet Collection 14-Inch Padded Y-Harness, Yellow
Hurtta HU930792 Pet Collection 14-Inch Padded Y-Harness, Yellow
Price: CDN$ 17.41
2 used & new from CDN$ 17.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Best harness I have ever purchased, Feb. 5 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I love this harness. I purchased it after my foster dog chewed up both my two harnesses (Puppia and Coastal Pet). Both of the old harnesses were great, especially the Puppia one, but it's nowhere near as high quality as this one that I bought (hence the price difference!).

I would highly recommend this harness for active dogs, and dogs who are not very visible at night. The reflective tape is useful, and the color is very bright, so it's perfect for my mostly black dog.

It fits him very well, and the buckles and straps are extremely sturdy.

The harnesses before would sometimes make him cough/choke if he pulled really hard, but we have not had an issue with this harness.

I have a feeling I will not need another harness for years to come!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4