Profile for Shae K. > Reviews

Content by Shae K.

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Shae K.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Misfit Wearables Shine - Activity and Sleep Monitor, Retail Packaging (Jet)
Misfit Wearables Shine - Activity and Sleep Monitor, Retail Packaging (Jet)
Price: CDN$ 92.98
13 used & new from CDN$ 92.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty and functional., May 11 2015
This activity tracker is a great option for anyone who is active (but not an athlete) and wants something pretty.

I received this activity tracker as a gift during Christmas. I've been using it for several months and I love it, but it has some caveats.

Pros:
- Beautiful design
- Tracks sleep very accurately
- Automatically tracks what type of activity you are doing (walking, running, sleeping, etc.)
- Has an option to manually mark when you are about to start a new activity
- Tells time to the nearest 5 mins
- Waterproof!! Seriously! I clean my fish tanks without having to worry about it breaking.
- Long lasting battery -- with heavy usage I had to replace it just last week.

Cons:
- MAKE SURE TO WEAR THE TRACKER ON THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR WRIST!! Do NOT wear it on the inside of your wrist -- the movement of your wrist WILL pop your expensive tracker out of the strap and you will lose it! I "lost" my tracker multiple times wearing it like this but since wearing it the "proper" way it has not popped out of its strap.
- The metal parts (not the paint) can get banged up kind of easily -- if you do any rough work with your tracker, be careful. I dropped my tracker into my fish tank and one of the edges got scratched up by the gravel.
- My sister had difficulty even getting her tracker opened and scratched up the back. This seems to be a known problem. The Shine we exchanged it for did not have this issue, however.
- It will NOT track your activity if you are keeping your arms steady (if you wear it on your wrist) -- an example is when you are driving a shopping cart while you go grocery shopping. Mine barely counted the amount of steps.
- The interface on the new iPhone app is kind of annoying to read. I wish I could get more detailed info on every hour/minute but it's not a deal breaker.

Overall I am very happy with my gift. Would recommend to others!

Klassics 10k White Gold Endless Hoop Earrings, (0.55" Diameter)
Klassics 10k White Gold Endless Hoop Earrings, (0.55" Diameter)
Price: CDN$ 34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wear 'em and forget about 'em!, Feb. 23 2015
These are perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. I wanted something simple and understated that I could keep on and forget about. Very comfortable and I'm happy that it's gold so it doesn't give me any allergic reactions!

Ukulele Soprano Kala KA-PSS Pineapple Pineapple Mahogany
Ukulele Soprano Kala KA-PSS Pineapple Pineapple Mahogany
Offered by Cosmo Music - The Musical Instrument Superstore
Price: CDN$ 129.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 129.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The sound is great, and it came with great strings, Feb. 13 2015
Cutest uke ever!

This is my first uke. I have only ever placed the guitar in terms of stringed instruments, but I decided to purchase a beginner friendly uke to mess around.

The sound is great, and it came with great strings!

I only wish it came with a soft carrying case (at least), but for the price you get an adorable uke with great sound :)

Kyjen 2506 Outward Hound Backpack Carrier, Blue
Kyjen 2506 Outward Hound Backpack Carrier, Blue
Price: CDN$ 57.67
13 used & new from CDN$ 42.22

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for very small dogs, Jan. 5 2015
This is a great, lightweight carrier for trips around town/outdoor adventures. I use it to take my dog on public transportation + when I go cycling. It's very breathable so it's great for warmer months, especially if you have a dog who will overheat easily (like mine!).

I would say that the maximum weight for this backpack is actually 8-9 lbs. The weight is not so much the issue, but more the matter of the length/height of your dog. My dog is only 7 lbs but he is quite long/tall, and while he can lie down comfortably and sit (for the most part) comfortably, when I zip up the top completely, his head hits the top. Base of neck to the base of the tail, he is about 11.5 inches.

The pockets are very small -- you can only fit your keys, some poop bags, and a wallet. No room for a water bottle, which means you have to stick it in the backpack with your dog... which makes it very uncomfortable for him.

At any rate, for the price, I am very happy with the product! I have used this carrier very often ever since my initial purchase this summer. It is well made and sturdy!

PetSafe PPT00-13778 Feline Lickety Stik Treat, Salmon
PetSafe PPT00-13778 Feline Lickety Stik Treat, Salmon

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, poor execution., Sept. 26 2014
Great idea, but none of the cats or even my dog is interested in this treat.

Unfortunate, as it would have made a great training tool.

Dremel Nail Grooming Kit
Dremel Nail Grooming Kit
Price: CDN$ 36.07
8 used & new from CDN$ 28.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog no longer hates nail clipping!, Sept. 26 2014
I have a 7 lbs dog who is very sensitive, and he always wasn't a big fan of getting his nails clipped. I always felt like I wasn't clipping enough of his nails, but was afraid to hit the quick. I heard so many great things about this tool, so I purchased it to try it out.

I spent the first few days desensitizing him to the noise. He is clicker trained, so I turned on the dremel, and clicked and treated for him being near the proximity of the dremel. After doing this, I turned off the machine and ran the machine along his paws to get him accustomed to the feeling.

The first time I used the tool, I had my boyfriend help me be holding him in his arms. We stopped frequently to treat and we constantly praised him during the process.

I've used it a total of four times now and my dog lets me do around two paws without getting squirmy. I always make a big fuss and give him a treat after.

I believe this is a lot gentler on him because he definitely does not seem to be uncomfortable like when we used to use his nail clipper. I have yet to hit the quick.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product. I would definitely recommend it to other pet owners!

Four Paws 100202625 Ultimate Touch Slicker Wire Brush, Mini, Gentle
Four Paws 100202625 Ultimate Touch Slicker Wire Brush, Mini, Gentle
Price: CDN$ 8.72
8 used & new from CDN$ 6.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush. It's the perfect size for my 7 ..., Aug. 30 2014
Great brush. It's the perfect size for my 7 lbs dog, and it does a good job taking out his dead undercoat. Very happy with the purchase!

Snoozer 15687 Small Pet Ramp, Black
Snoozer 15687 Small Pet Ramp, Black
Price: CDN$ 108.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog uses it., June 11 2014
I use this on my bed for my 7 lbs Pomeranian-Chihuahua mix. A neighbor complained about him jumping on and off furniture in the middle of the night, so I got this to minimize the noise. Well he seems to like it enough -- he uses it. We also use it ourselves for when we are sitting on the floor as a back rest haha! The microsuede is easy to clean and doesn't show dirt. It's also very lightweight. It is a bit large as the other reviewer has mentioned, but any smaller it wouldn't be stable.

I use this on my carpet and it does not slide around too much. On wood floors you may have to put something under it though.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, bright light!, June 11 2014
My fluorescent light was crapping out on me so I purchased this LED light after all these great reviews. It makes my tank look absolutely beautiful! It's very bright and it makes the colors of my betta really pop.

I am hoping it will help with my plants as well, but we will have to wait a few weeks to see if it has any real effect on them.

Aquarium info:
Size: 10 Gallon
Inhabitants: Thai Micro Crab + Crowntail Betta
Plants: Med-heavily planted -- low-med light plants (anubias, java moss, banana plant, etc.)
Substrate: Carib Sea Tahitian Moon Sand

Nutrafin A7865 Mini Master Test Kit, Contains 4 Test Parameters
Nutrafin A7865 Mini Master Test Kit, Contains 4 Test Parameters
Price: CDN$ 32.18
8 used & new from CDN$ 30.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Works., May 22 2014
I have been using this test kit to help with my fish-in cycling that I am currently doing on a 10 gallon tank.

It works fine, but I just wanted to make note of one thing for those who have never done water parameter testing before:
- The ammonia levels on this test kit are a bit confusing -- the numbers on the color chart are NOT ammonia levels per ppm (the standard). Instead, anything above 1.2 according to the chart registers as ammonia levels in ppm in another table (0.01 ppm readings or above). 0.6 does NOT mean that you have an ammonia reading of 0.6 ppm. In fact, it doesn't not even come close to 0.01 ppm.

Besides that, it has been easy to use.

The only other complaint I have is that it only comes with two test tubes which seems kind of silly since there are four tests (pH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate), so you will have to rinse out your test tubes at least once when doing a full check.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4