Profile for Jessie > Reviews

Content by Jessie

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Jessie (Cochrane, Alberta, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter--And How to Make the Most of Them Now
by Meg Jay
Price: CDN$ 13.72
35 used & new from CDN$ 7.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend to Everyone, March 10 2014
I just finished this book and I am recommending to everyone I know. Helps you to realize this is real life. Right now! While we make mistakes we have to learn from them. We don't just get to write off years completely we have take a learning from everything we do.

Anne Klein Women's 10/9668RGBL Swarovski Crystal Accented Blue Marbleized Rosegold-Tone Bracelet Watch

2.0 out of 5 stars beautiful but...., Jan. 18 2014
When I took it out the box for the first time the blue ring around the face fell off. It the plastic ring was cracked, it won't stay on.

Fine, it looks nice without it. I tried to set the time on the watch and it won't work. So now I have to take the watch to a jeweller to get the watch checked out. Maybe it needs a new battery, maybe it is just a bad watch.

Not impressed.

I have ordered numerous watches from Amazon and have not had any problems before.

I will not be buying Anne Klein again!

Collins Gem Latin Dictionary 2nd Edition
Collins Gem Latin Dictionary 2nd Edition
by Collins
Price: CDN$ 9.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.78

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, June 18 2012
While it isn't a comprehensive dictionary, it does still work. Don't forget that this a very small dictionary, smaller than a pocket book. Also it says that their is website you can visit but online English, French, and Spanish are available online.

NEW Goon (DVD)
NEW Goon (DVD)
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 25.14
18 used & new from CDN$ 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, March 25 2012
This review is from: NEW Goon (DVD) (DVD)
Saw it in he theater. TOTALLY LOVED IT. My friends and I still quote it! It is a stupid movie, but it is a nice stupid? I don't know it was just different I really liked it.

South Riding
South Riding
DVD ~ Anna Maxwell Martin
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 36.39
8 used & new from CDN$ 7.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, Aug. 16 2011
This review is from: South Riding (DVD)
I liked this mini series. It has a lot of heart. The topic covered, women who lost their potential men in the war, is one that is new and they make it very fresh.

The Pillars of the Earth
The Pillars of the Earth
DVD ~ Ian McShane
Price: CDN$ 19.97
12 used & new from CDN$ 19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, April 12 2011
This review is from: The Pillars of the Earth (DVD)
I couldn't stop watching. I watched the whole thing in one day! The acting, character growth, screenplay, cinematic is all amazing! I love the love story and battle scenes and they fit together so well. The family drama, church politics and architecture many not seem like they can go together, but they do and it is wonderful!

Trudeau Umbria Bottle and Desk Mug Set
Trudeau Umbria Bottle and Desk Mug Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Price, March 23 2011
Sitting right in front of me while I write this review. I have been using this for a few months now and everything is still great cleans well and looks stylish.

Keeping Mum
Keeping Mum
DVD ~ DVD
Price: CDN$ 13.99
14 used & new from CDN$ 6.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Reminds Us Why Dame Maggie is Still the Best, March 23 2011
This review is from: Keeping Mum (DVD)
Great way to get in to British humour. The story moves fast with lots of laughs that will keep you laughing even past the first time you watch it.

The Sweet Far Thing
The Sweet Far Thing
by Libba Bray
Price: CDN$ 10.79
64 used & new from CDN$ 1.08

2.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressive, Feb. 23 2011
This review is from: The Sweet Far Thing (Paperback)
I didn't like this series very much. This book was worst one of the series I couldn't even finish it. I found the characters extremely frustrating and annoying. Gemma is not a very strong heroine, she is always needing other peoples help and can never make up her mind to do anything. Her relationship with Kartik is a joke, it is childish and lacking passion.

Gentlemen Broncos
Gentlemen Broncos
Price: CDN$ 6.98
14 used & new from CDN$ 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Weird but oh so good, Feb. 17 2011
This review is from: Gentlemen Broncos (DVD)
I really liked this movie, however, it is certainly not for everyone. I thought that the humour was fresh and odd. I liked how they incorperated the sci-fi story into the movie. This movie has sparked some controversey in group of friends. We are forever debating about cyclopic guards and if they are useful because they have to depth perception. Let me know what you think.

Page: 1 | 2