Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 106

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "luckywoman2078"

Offered by Mega Media CA
Price: CDN$ 14.72
39 used & new from CDN$ 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars beckhAm’s musicAL effort, Dec 18 2014
This review is from: Victoria Beckham (Audio CD)
I purchased victoriA beckhAm by victoriA beckhAm on September 28 2014 After hearing her song A mind of its own on iheArtrAdio. This cd is ActuAlly pretty good And I Also hAppen to like midnight fANtAsy. This cd is best for those who Are open to listening to pop music with some moments of r&b And dANce.

Fifth Chapter
Fifth Chapter
Price: CDN$ 26.74
19 used & new from CDN$ 17.88

5.0 out of 5 stars 2014 Scooter, Dec 18 2014
This review is from: Fifth Chapter (Audio CD)
I purchased this from AmAzon us on October 11, 2014. Fifth ChApter by Scooter contains peppy club hits that Are Also good for pArty gAtherings. TodAy, RAdiAte, And king of the lAnd reflect the feel good type of music on the fifth chapter by scooter. Fifth chapter is perfect to own if you Are fAMiliAr with Any of Scooter’s previous songs And/or like hArd club/trance music.

Beautiful Creatures / Sublimes Créatures (Bilingual)
Beautiful Creatures / Sublimes Créatures (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Alden Ehrenreich
Price: CDN$ 6.88
5 used & new from CDN$ 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars MysticAl CreAtures, Dec 18 2014
I Am lucky to hAve obtained this BeAUtiful creAtures dvd At my wAlmArt job As A holiday promotion that cost me less thAn two dollARs. The BeAutiful CreAtures movie centers Around A teenAge girl by the nAme of lenA duchAnes who hAs strong supernatural Abilities that Also put her At odds And As A social misfit Among other men And women in her new community. Another teenAge boy by the nAme of EthAn WAte sees the beauty in lenA And fAlls in love with her even with his knowledge of her being considered A social pAriAh. She inherited her Abilities to be A powerful witch within her fAMily And that sAme mAgic hAs the potential to become destructive when her Anger is provoked by others. There Are pop culture nods within the movie in regArds to referencing the movie titanic, leonArdo dicAprio, And kAte winslet. However, I Also enjoyed hearing the healing quote by one of the Actresses in the movie mentioning that God gives us what we cAn hAndle even if we don’t believe it ourselves. I think ViolA Davis wAs the one who wAs the Actress who mentioned that quote in the movie-About god giving us what we cAn hAndle even if we don’t believe it ourselves. However, that quote wAs A healing bAlm to my eArs As well as my soul/spirit And something that I definitely needed to be reminded of At that moment. The great gAtsby movie trailer, icons book trAiler by mArgAret stohl, And jAck the giant slayer movie trailer Are Among some of the feAtures of this dvd.

Men in Black 3 (Bilingual)
Men in Black 3 (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Jemaine Clement
Price: CDN$ 4.88
19 used & new from CDN$ 3.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Men in black history, Dec 18 2014
This review is from: Men in Black 3 (Bilingual) (DVD)
I AM fortunate to hAve found this men in black 3 dvd At my wAlmArt job At A special promotional holiday price that Allowed me to pAy less thAn two dollArs. Will Smith, Tommy lee Jones, And Josh Brolin stAr in this movie that centers Around the men hAving to travel bAck in time to sAve the world, Almost like A sci-fi version of the Back To the Future pARt two, except Men In BlAck 3 goes bAck to 1969. Josh Brolin plAYs the 1969 version of Tommy lee Jone’s Agent k. As with the Bill And Ted And Back to the Future movies, Men In BlAck 3 plAys with the idea of what would A mAn or woman do if they too could go bAck in time. I read today in A Yahoo news Article that there is tAlk of remaking Men In BlAck without Tommy Lee Jones And Will Smith At least mAking A cAmeo. Unless a prequel is being mAde, I respectfully disagree with not including Jones And Smith in the new movies because the unique spirit that both Tommy Lee Jones And Will Smith gAve to their Men In BlAck chArActers would mAke Any remake pAle in comparison. I even Asked my husband for his opinion on the story because he wAs the one who convinced me to go with him to see Men In BlAck 3 in the movie theAters when it wAs released nAtionwide in the U.S. my husband Also does not Agree with the idea of A men in BlAck film remake without Tommy lee jones And Will Smith. The following bonus feAtures Are Also included with the men in black 3 dvd; sony pictures Advertisement, movie trAilers for the AmAzing spidermAn And total recall 92012 movie remake), And special feAtures such As pArtners in time; the mAking of mib3, A gAg reel, And the bAck in time music video by musician pitbull.

12 Men of Christmas
12 Men of Christmas
DVD ~ Kristin Chenoweth
Price: CDN$ 11.98
27 used & new from CDN$ 5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Twelve Residents Of ChristmAs, Dec 18 2014
This review is from: 12 Men of Christmas (DVD)
The 12 Men of ChristmAs centers Around A woman nAmed e.j. bAxter (Kristin Chenoweth) who greatly enjoys her job As A public relAtions specialist And lives in New York. It becomes clear At the beginning of the movie, it is obvious that bAxter originally plAnned on continuing to live her life As A New York publicist. However, her life chAnges when she goes to her office ChristmAs pArty And lAter tries her best to be Able to stay in New York And continue working As A publicist. However, she finds out that her former boss used her professional power to keep her from getting Another public relAtions job in New York. Watching this movie mAde me feel better because I originally hAd my heart set on permanently living in the Washington D.C. AReA, And I’m now reluctantly coming to terms with hAving to plan on eventual move within the next 28 months-At the lAtest. However, bAxter is nAturAlly determined to continue to live on her own And thinks outside the box by reluctantly moving to MontAnA. I sAy reluctantly because Baxter is even shown expressing how she would hAve preferred to stay in new York. The following Are some of the feAtures that come with the dvd of 12 men of christmAs; trailer for glee, how I met your mother season 5 dvd, And bones dvd. One of the other extrAs is A create your own 12 men of christmAs cAlendAr.

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Bilingual)
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Hugh Jackman
Price: CDN$ 9.49
9 used & new from CDN$ 9.30

5.0 out of 5 stars TrAveling Back In Time, Dec 18 2014
I Admit that I bought this dvd of X-men Days of Future pAst on October 14, 2014 After wAnting to wAtch And understand the Magneto character. I took A fun quiz on the helloquizzydotcom website bAck in FebruAry 2014 As A wAY to uncover my true nAture without fully realizing that I wAs ActuAlly tAking A quiz centered Around which superhero mirrors your true nAture. imagine my surprise when I got the result As Magneto being the superhero who mAtches my true secret nAture . I told my husband who did not hesitate to remind me that he loves me but that he cAN eAsily see why my quiz profile Answers mAtched that of MAgneto. In my husbAnd’s defense, he knows me better thAn even my own fAmily members And hAs seen All sides of me that I reluctantly Admit that I cArefully hide from the online And offline public (for good reAsons). Anyhow, please know that I do feel that mAny of the Actors And Actresses of the All stAr cAst contributed in A strong wAY to X-men Days of Future pAst. However, the plot of the chArActers hAving to travel in the pAst helped me to further understand And enjoy MichAel FAssbender’s portrayal As MAgneto And yet Also feeling sympathy for the character that Jennifer lAwrence portrayed As Raven DArkholme/Mystique. There Are Also A lot of Action scenes that Are set near And in the white house And it wAs nice to see All of the chArActers uniting together As A team in the movie, even when it is AppArent that some hold ulterior motives. For some reason, there is Also strength displayed when the chArActers combine their powers to mAke trAveling bAck in time possible. Hugh jAckmAn, Patrick StewArt, iAn Mckellen, jAmes mcAvoy, hAlle Berry, NicholAs Hoult, Kelsey GrAmmer, AnnA pAquin, Ellen pAge, And Peter DinklAge Are Among some of the multiple Actors/Actresses in X-men Days of Future Past,

Care Bears: 4 Feature Set (Adventures in Care-a-Lot / Kingdom of Caring / Festival of Fun / Magical Adventures)
Price: CDN$ 11.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars hAppy And uplifting cARtoons, Dec 18 2014
The CARe BeARs Four FeAture set feAture 352 running minutes of cArtoons that will AppeAl to mAny people. I enjoyed the FestivAL of Fun feature. However, the Adventures in Care A lot, kingdom of Caring, And mAgicAl Adventures will Also contain episodes that will Also AppeAl to vArious people/Age groups. Obviously, this set is great for kids. However, these cArtoons And vArious movies Are helping to stoke my creativity.

Care Bears: Totally Sweet Adventures [Import]
Care Bears: Totally Sweet Adventures [Import]
Price: CDN$ 11.25
23 used & new from CDN$ 6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheery Episodes, Dec 18 2014
Care BeARs totally Sweet Adventures set is listed to hAve ApproximAtely 88 minutes of cAre bear episodes/cArtoons. The episodes feature heartwarming lessons. For instance, one of the episodes feature the cARe beARs hAving A contest to see who bAkes the most delicious treATs. The positive underlying lesson in that episode AppeArs to be About doing stuff with confidence that your doing your best.

The Venture Bros.: Complete Season Five [Import]
The Venture Bros.: Complete Season Five [Import]
DVD ~ Various
Price: CDN$ 26.86
25 used & new from CDN$ 13.58

5.0 out of 5 stars ContinuAtion of fun Adventures, Dec 18 2014
I unintentionally stumbled Across the dvd of The Venture Bros. SeAson 5 by Jackson Publick & Doc Hammer when looking for Another dvd for my husband. I ended up purchasing this show because he enjoys wAtching the venture bros. There Are ten cAtchy episodes And special feAtures. There wAs A pretty silly but good episode of two of the chArActers mentioning how they started A music bAnd together And pArody music video cAlled Jacket, which my husband surprised me by rANdomly singing the episode briefly during one of our outings together. Obviously, I’m guessing my husbAnd’s fAvorite episode must be from the lAdle to the grAve; the story of shallow gravy. As for me, I liked that they briefly re-introduced the mysterious mAn character cheering when he sAw the monARch’s wife wAs being offered A promotion, And the scary but thought provoking episode of WhAt Color is your cleANsuit.

Barbie As Rapunzel (Bilingual)
Barbie As Rapunzel (Bilingual)
Price: CDN$ 6.88
32 used & new from CDN$ 3.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful discovery At my job, Dec 18 2014
I obtained this movie from my job for just five dollArs. yes I understand that this movie bArbie As rApunzel is ActuAlly for kids. However, this is Also A good movie for All Ages to wAtch for stimulating And/or increasing creativity. This bright And lively cArtoon stArs Around bArbie coming to terms with what to do when she finds out that not everything is At wAs initially APpeARed, especially when it comes to what her guardian told her. The bAck of the dvd lists some of the following stArs And companies connected to the bArbie As rApunzel dvd; AnjelicA Houston As gothel, cree summer As Penelope, A song performed by sAmANthA mumbA And music from the London symphony orchestra. The concept of love And imagination Are listed to be central to Barbie As Rapunzel. The following bonuses Are Also included in bArbie As rApunzel; trAilers for the films bArbies A fAiry secret, bArbie A fAshion fAIrytAle, curious georgetv series, nAnny mcphee returns, And despicable me. Uplifting songs Are included such As constant As the stArs Above, wish upon A stAr, And the feAtures of multiple musiciAns. There is Also A bonus feature of AN Artist who mAkes A successful living As An Artist, AmAndA DunbAr who wAs 19 At the time of the 2010 dvd release. AmAndA dunbAr expresses the positive feeling that she obviously likes mAking A living As A pAiter And that she never thought that she would grow up to pAint. Watching this helped me realize that I Also felt guided to get this for A younger sister who hAs A serious interest in pursuing A cAReer As An Artist. Of course, I wAnt for her to Accomplish her dreAms And feel guided to Also shARe this story with her , it is A good thing that I took down some more notes on AmAndA dunbAr;s interview in my notebook. i especially sAY this because both AmAndA dunbAr And one of my younger sisters wAnting to seriously pursue this cAreer Are About the sAme Age. Barbie As rApunzel Also includes A fun bonus feature of A gAme that Allows the viewer to mAtch vArious historical pAintings that Are in A cAstle scene. A few of the fAmous pAintings referenced in the bonus feature gAme; The Garden of love by peter pAul rebeuns, the fortune teller pAinting, And some Artists mentioned such As leonArdo dAvinci, sophonisbA AnguscioloA, And SAndrA Botticelli.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30