Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Pets Music Deals Store Fall Tools
Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 127

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "luckywoman2078"

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Road House (Widescreen Edition) (Bilingual)
Road House (Widescreen Edition) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Patrick Swayze
Price: CDN$ 11.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A Self-Assured Protagonist, July 17 2015
Roadhouse was another one of the films that for some reason I was curious to see again (I first saw in my teens) in order to get a glimpse and understanding in what my late adoptive mother enjoyed and how it may have indirectly influenced my own interests (due to the fact that Patrick Swayze was one of my late adoptive mother’s favorite actors). Anyhow Roadhouse has Patrick Swayze starring as James Dalton a skilled bouncer who does not hesitate to stand up for himself or anybody who breaks the given rules at the bars that he works at. James Dalton is working at a popular New York City Bar when Frank Tilghman (Kevin Tighe) offers him a job working at a bar that he is opening in Missouri. James Dalton ends up running the new bar very well, but ends up having to deal with some of the locals in his new hometown wanting to seek revenge in a harsh way. What complicates matters is that falls in love with a woman named Dr. Elizabeth Clay who has a past history with influential businessman Brad Wesley. Brad Wesley is a harsh rival going after Dalton because of the threat that Dalton poses to how he has previously run things. Dalton finds out about Clay’s history because a popular musician named Cody (Jeff Healey) told him Clay’s past marriage. Dalton’s friend Wade Garrett (Sam Elliott) becomes concerned about the well-being of Dalton after a phone call due to Dalton dating an ex of a hostile enemy. Wade also questions the danger and risks of Dalton staying in his adopted Missouri hometown.

Greatest Hits...So Far!!!
Greatest Hits...So Far!!!
Price: CDN$ 7.99
36 used & new from CDN$ 7.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Distinctive Side of Pink, July 17 2015
As with millions of other people, I was introduced to Pink when her song There You Go was released via radio airplay and television during the late 90’s/early 2000’s. Greatest Hits So Far by Pink showcases a brilliant pop/rock medley of many of the tunes that demonstrate her imaginative spirit such as Get The Party Started, Sober, Raise Your Glass, Perfect etc. The only caveat from my perspective; I’m surprised to not see Most Girls by Pink on this collection (which is also a good song,yet Pink probably has understandable reasons why Most Girls is currently unavailable on this collection). I had first heard Most Girls by Pink on a various artists music collection when I was stationed in Japan around late 2000/early 2001.

Ultra Dance 16
Ultra Dance 16
Price: CDN$ 12.00
22 used & new from CDN$ 11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Jollification of Dance/Electronic Music, July 17 2015
This review is from: Ultra Dance 16 (Audio CD)
I admit that I pre-ordered Ultra Dance 16 on January 30, 2015 because of how much I liked the music on Ultra 2015. Ultra Dance 2016 is a two disc set that contains 12 songs each from some of the dance music industry’s most popular names (Calvin Harris, John Newman, David Guetta, Sam Martin, Mr. Probz, Chris Brown, T.I.,, Ed Sheeran, Steve Aoki, Fall Out Boy, Hardwell, Chris Jones, and many more. I also wonder if such dance/electronic music collections such as Ultra Dance 16 and other music compilations are used as basis for future new music releases within the music industry (not that there is anything wrong with this, I actually think it is a good idea). However, the reason why I say this is because many can see when Ultra Dance 2016 was released. However, I have noticed (both on a music radio station that I listen to out of Norfolk Virginia and on multiple local radio stations out here) that the catchy/upbeat song Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix) by Omi is on Ultra Dance 2016 and has been surging in popularity more and more during this summer.

Indie Love-Latest & Greatest
Indie Love-Latest & Greatest
Price: CDN$ 31.85
23 used & new from CDN$ 9.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Rhythmic Love Collection, July 17 2015
This Indie Love Latest and Greatest is a various artist collection consisting of a 3 cd set (each containing twenty songs) appealed to me because I enjoy loves songs and the introduction of indie music (thanks to a hairstylist that recommended that I give this music genre a shot back in late 2011 after about some of music interests). The heterogeneous mix includes musicians and groups across various genres and time periods such as; She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5, One Republic Secrets, The Noisettes, Ellie Goulding, Amy Macdonald, KT Tunstall, The Magic Numbers, The Gossip, Feist, Athlete, Starsailor, Semisonic, Lamb, The Cardigans, The La’s. The Cure, Jett, Texas, 10CC, Art of Noise, The Pretenders and many more artists.

Ultra 2008
Ultra 2008
Price: CDN$ 27.22
22 used & new from CDN$ 1.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling and High Energy Music Mix, July 17 2015
This review is from: Ultra 2008 (Audio CD)
I ended up purchasing this 2cd set of Trevor Simpson & Cato K present Ultra 2008 because I was looking for a song by musician Pitbull that I first heard in Norfolk, Virginia (the song is called crazy). Thing song is not on this collection, but fortunately I obtained this collection at a very low price and found a multiple number of other gems on this collection. There are enjoyable songs by Tiesto feat. BT, Yanou, Armand Van Helden, Plumb, Gwen Stefani, Pink, and many others. There is even an eclectic club dance mix with the song Calabria 2007 by Enur featuring the late singer Natasja Saad and many more fun songs on this collection.

Always Maxi Overnight Heavy Flow Pads With Wings - 36 ea, 6 pack by Always Maxi pads
Offered by Global Depot--Ship From USA
Price: CDN$ 268.73

5.0 out of 5 stars I Expect That Some Men And Even Some Women May Naturally Cringe At and/or Look Away At This Review, July 17 2015
I admit that I’m a little nervous about reviewing (under my real name) The Always Brand of 36 count pads (Overnight Extra Heavy With Flexi Wings Unscented) due to what the product is even though it is obvious they are meant for a female’s menstrual cycle. Fortunately, they are often available at my job at an affordable price but I felt the need to list and reference them because for women with extremely heavy menstrual cycles they are a necessary purchase. The 36 count is usually good for lasting at least one to two months (for women with heavier menstrual cycles). I’m often fortunate in being able to buy them when they are available in stock at one of the stores here within the D.C. area. However, there were actually times where I had to scurry to another store because of both the Always 36 count and 20 count (Overnight Extra Heavy Flow for menstrual cycles)being scarcely available and in high demand. There was even one time when my husband was forced to order them for me in a hurry online (when we were living in Norfolk Virginia) because the Always overnight extra heavy flow brand I needed sold out at a local store by where I lived.

DVD ~ Pierre Coffin
Price: CDN$ 19.88

5.0 out of 5 stars England Bound, July 17 2015
This review is from: Minions (DVD)
Minions was a quirky film that basically told the origins of where the group of minions came from in a zany and kind of quirky way. It is more of a movie to see if you are looking for something not so serious, but a film to help make you laugh. The movie gets even funnier when the minions team up with the villain Scarlett Overkill (Sandra Bullock) and her husband Herb Overkill (Jon Hamm) ( a scene that displays that there are also multiple actors/actresses who lend their voices for Minions is shown through the family that helps three of minions get to Orlando Florida’s Villiancon and at the Villiancon event itself). Once in England, Scarlett tells her newfound hires what their job is going to be within minutes of flying them to London England. The movie going audience basically gets a foreshadowing of Scarlett Overkills inside character when she decides to tell them a bedtime story in her own style.

Ever After High: Once Upon a Time: A Story Collection
Ever After High: Once Upon a Time: A Story Collection
by Shannon Hale
Price: CDN$ 12.59
25 used & new from CDN$ 10.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful and Mystical Story Journeys Laced With Fun, July 17 2015
I admit that I’m mainly aware of the Ever After High series due to seeing the book and the dolls featured at my job around late 2013. I remember putting up one of the Ever After High dolls during the beginning weeks around the my job’s grand opening to the public. I was thinking that the summary of one of the dolls I saw does sound like a good cartoon to watch. Imagine my surprise when I did discover that there is both a cartoon and book series around the Ever After High Dolls. This book Ever After High once Upon A Time; A Story Collection by Shannon Hale is a fascinating and original read for both aspiring writers/scriptwriters and people who simply enjoy uplifting fantasy stories (including for children obviously). This book creatively tells various tales of offspring who are living a happy and enriching life but there is also understandable emotional conflict around wanting to avoid following in the family legacy if it is shadowy. For instance, the story of Apple White and The Ebony-Haired Legacy shows a girl who very much enjoys life while preparing to follow a destiny similar to her mother Snow White. Quirky pop culture references are shrewdly sprinkled and Snow White is mentioned as being a big music lover and an implied fan of One Reflection and their song You Don’t Know You’re Charming (I’m guessing a respectful tribute to One Direction’s You Don’t Know You’re Beautiful). Apple White enjoys listening to music on her Mirror Phone. Then there is the story of the Raven Queen and the Mirror Prison featuring Raven Queen, a direct descendant of the Evil Queen in the story of Snow White (due to Raven Queen being the Evil Queen’s daughter). Raven Queen loves her mother, but is understandably conflicted about following the dark destiny that her mother expects her to. Raven Queen is mentioned as being an implied fan of Tailor Quick because she is listening to a Tailor Quick album on her MirrorPod (I’m guessing polite homage to the Apple iphone and/or Apple ipod). Fortunately, the enjoyable cartoon series of Ever After High is currently available for free on Netflix and Youtube (although I’m currently unsure of how long it will be free). Watching the cartoon series gives an important creative glimpse into the characters and plot development of ever after high. For me, one of the reasons why I’m glad to have unexpectedly come across the series (as an aspiring writer/scriptwriter) is due to the brilliant and unique story development in an enchanting mystical world.

Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul: Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit of Writers
by Jack Canfield
45 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An Encouraging Tome For Current/Aspiring Writers, July 17 2015
Chicken Soup For The Writer’s Soul; Stories To Open The Heart and Rekindle The Spirit of Writers by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, and Bud Gardner is a book that caught my interest due to my own intent to write stories (regardless of whether I get published). I’m fortunate to have been exposed to various meaningful works by an eclectic range of authors though I have to admit that two pivotal events triggered my interest to eventually write on the side. The first experience was when I was around 11-13 years old and my adoptive father was playfully joking around with one of my sisters and I on what we would become. I admit that I truly couldn’t tell whether he might have appeared to be joking or serious when he said that I will become a writer (though subconsciously in my mind I decided to keep that as a good idea in mind for future reference regardless of whether it was meant to be serious). Another pivotal episode was when I was stationed in Japan around 2002 and someone casually remarked that my writing indicates an interest within my soul that could prove healing to eventually explore. Last, but not least, a third experience that trigged my interest was during the summer of 2011 when I chose to retell Morgana’s side of the story as her own narrator for a creative writing class from a sympathetic viewpoint(the character from the Excalibur movie). I intuitively realized that the fun I had in retelling the story was pointing to something more. There are so many more experiences from at least 4 or more years back, but I feel compelled to share among the following stories in this book;
From An Abyss To The Mountaintop;(pages 36-40)-A comedy writer (Larry Wilde0 discusses his journey that he undertook on the way towards creating some of his writings (such as the book The Great Comedians Talk About Comedy).
Pages 144 and 145; Author Irving Wallace discusses the role that imagination plays in writing and she gives the innovative example of Leonardo DaVinci and his last supper painting.
Page 303- The healing title called The Power of Perseverance that discusses examples such as writer Amy B. Harris describing why it is important to keep writing even in the face of rejection and believing in yourself. She relates her own story of trying to get a 500 page story published over at least three years ( through the V.I.P publisher channels).

Golden Anniversaries: The Seven Secrets of Successful Marriage
Golden Anniversaries: The Seven Secrets of Successful Marriage
by Charles D. Schmitz
12 used & new from CDN$ 6.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Long-Term Lasting Marriage Primer, July 17 2015
7 Golden Anniversaries; The Seven Secrets of Successful Marriage by Dr, Charles . Schmitz and Dr. Elizabeth A. Schmitz (dubbed the marriage doctors on the book) is more of a book for those who know and intend to take steps towards a lasting marriage. I mainly say this because I’m fortunate to have an amazing husband who helps me grow spiritually and loves me unconditionally (and I make sure to do the same for him). The authors use some illustrative points from the examples of the couples that they feature to make their point. I see the good behind this. However, I must gently comment on one portion of the book. (pages 117-146; i.e. the Golden Rule). The good points to this chapter were that helpful information was given to explain why couples must allow each other time for just themselves from time to time. The authors also generously share how some of these couples grew even closer together during the course of their marriage. However, I feel that I must speak up on the case study of Lisa, a nurse’s aide and Ken a medical professional(starts on page 129). Apparently, there was verbal abuse from Ken to Lisa, which escalated after Lisa quit her job. To heal the emotional pain, she went back to college to get her business degree and her self-confidence suddenly improved. Good for Lisa that this happened for her (I mean this sarcasm free). I do not condone emotional and/or physical abuse in a marriage regardless of who it comes from. However, when it gets controversial is when there is no mention of Ken’s side of the story on why the change in treatment towards Lisa after their honeymoon (i.e. is Lisa sure that her choice over quitting a job and staying home didn’t trigger how she treated and talked to her husband Ken as well). There was not even a positive acknowledgement of the fact that her husband also paid for her college before Lisa eventually left and divorced him (sometimes even the most emotionally supportive/nuruturing husbands are unable to and/or can’t foot the cost of college for even a first undergraduate degree let alone further certifications for a myriad of reasons). I can’t fault the authors for taking the side of the wife because it is common knowledge that sometimes even the best of the therapists, psychologists etc. lean towards the side of one spouse in the marriage. For starters, I do believe that a person who tells another person whether to divorce or stay married to their spouse takes the risk of also assuming spiritual karmic responsibility (i.e. urging a person to do so must be done with care or else it is better to take a neutral stance depending on the outcome). I just can’t help feeling, both the authors and Lisa’s friends (as well intentioned as they may have been) may have been too biased from the start when it appears that both groups steered her towards giving up on her first marriage without taking into enough account whether Ken felt emotionally abused and/or unappreciated as well. Additionally, the writing made it appear that Lisa easily gave up on her marriage and only a short time later married one of the professors (the book quotes his name as Alex)from her classes that she was enrolled in. The way it was written made it sound like Lisa did not allow enough time for introspection to truly make sure that she was ready to divorce her husband Ken and (even if Lisa made the right decision) the writing made it appear that there was also not enough time to elapse before she married the professor mentioned in this chapter (his name for the book is quoted to be Alex). I understand that people cannot help who they fall in love with and/or the circumstances when this happens. However, there was not enough mention of her first husband Ken’s side of the story (there are even magazines that at least cover both sides of the story in a marriage), Last, but not least, I truly wish Lisa well but the chapter made it appear like she filed for divorce before making sure that she took her first husband Ken into account and his feelings (maybe she actually did in real-life but it does not appear this way in the book). I only say this because if there was not enough introspection from her first marriage (including a fair discussion if her first husband wanted her to stay married to him) then there is a risk of someone getting hurt in this second marriage between Lisa and Alex (from the looks of the story, it certainly won’t be Alex). Aside from that caveat of the story involving a woman’s quick divorce and then 2nd marriage with her former professor, 7 Golden Anniversaries; The Seven Secrets of Successful Marriage by Dr. Charles D. Schmitz and Dr. Elizabeth A. Schmitz is a great book for those who know that that they are meant to be with their spouse long-term and are determined to stay married to their spouse for life regardless of what others may say.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30