Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 64

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "joyfulwoman2078"
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Manifesting Matisse: A Practical System for Reality Creation
Manifesting Matisse: A Practical System for Reality Creation
by Michelle Nielsen
Price: CDN$ 16.65
20 used & new from CDN$ 6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Manifestation Aspirations, May 8 2013
"Manifesting Matisse" is an inspiring book that contains good tips on areas such as clarifying personal visions, making space for the desired objectives, and ways to connect with spirit. Dr. Michelle K. Nielsen also writes heartwarming information on show she has utilized certain techniques for her son Matisse.

Hiring the Heavens: A Practical Guide to Developing Working Relationships with the Spirits of Creation
by Jean Slatter
Price: CDN$ 12.24
34 used & new from CDN$ 4.23

5.0 out of 5 stars A Heavenly Read, May 5 2013
I initially reviewed this on July 30, 2008. This is a very creatively written book by I am for certain a very creative author. I enjoyed reading this book especially because it helps remind one that spiritually there is always help for one in the spiritual realms. This is a very creative and enlightening book on connecting to the spiritual/celestial realms for help and using your imagination to hire the celestial helpers for your everyday concerns to tap into the universal energy for assistance. It is a very brief but informative and entertaining read. Admittedly I was also persuaded by Janet's positive review of the book (thank you Janet) and am glad to have purchased it. I would definitely have to agree that this is a practical guide to developing working relationships with the spirits of creation and it gives interesting ideas on names to give for committees that you would hire based on concerns and holding "meetings" regarding the help you need. I personally have used some of the suggestions in this book and it has helped make my life easier. Definitely consider this “Hiring The Heavens” by Jean Slatter guide if you are in the process of deciding.

Pure Moods
Pure Moods
Price: CDN$ 18.49
28 used & new from CDN$ 3.30

5.0 out of 5 stars This pure moods will surely take you to another dimension, May 5 2013
This review is from: Pure Moods (Audio CD)
I initially reviewed this on July 1, 2008. I first heard of this cd when it was first advertised on tv in the 90's but honestly thought nothing of buying it. However in 2001 I happened to spot this cd when I was stationed in Japan and am happy to have spent my money on this cd. Due to the variety of the songs I feel that this cd is good to listen to at work , when you are spending time with your loved ones, and relaxing and nurturing yourself when you are alone. Some of the notable tracks that really stand out in a positive way for me are

"return to innocence" by enigma
"orinoco flow" by enya
"sweet lullaby" by deep forest
"tubular bells" by mike oldfield
"sadeness" by enigma

There are other good tracks on this cd that are also enjoyable. This Pure Moods Vol. 1 album among the first in the pure moods collection lives up to its name in a positive way and is definitely worth purchasing.

Vol. 6-Trance Party
Vol. 6-Trance Party
Price: CDN$ 21.65
16 used & new from CDN$ 14.70

5.0 out of 5 stars This cd will definitely help you to feel alive, May 5 2013
This review is from: Vol. 6-Trance Party (Audio CD)
I initially reviewed this on July 1, 2008. I have to agree with the reviewer who said that Trance Party 6 grows on you each listen. My favorite times to listen to this cd are right when I am getting ready to leave for work and also right before I am about to go out to other places. Many of the tracks on this “Trance Party Volume Six” cd are good to listen to but some of the standout tracks in my opinion are "I think I love you" by Balm, "raindrops" by Stunt, "alive' by da buzz and "satellites" by September.

Hits
Hits
Price: CDN$ 10.00
42 used & new from CDN$ 4.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Dance into the light of phill collins hits,, May 5 2013
This review is from: Hits (Audio CD)
I initially reviewed this on July 5, 2008. I purchased this cd when I visited Singapore a few years ago and I am happy that I bought this cd. This was the first of the cds that I had owned by Phil Collins and I believe that it was worth the money I spent. Why the 4 stars instead of the five? Currently I am 27 years old and I am happy to know that there are songs on this cd that I remember hearing on the radio and had first heard when I was growing up. I was delighted to hear "two hearts" a beautiful and upbeat song that I first heard when I was around 8 years old and "you can't hurry love". I also love "groovy kind of love", "one more night", "dance into the light" and "against all odds". There are other good songs on this cd but the ones I just mentioned happen to be some of my favorites. The only con was that I eventually had to buy a genesis greatest hits compilation to get some of the other great phil collin's songs(which I finally did last year and will review later). However if you are willing to look past this collection missing some of his other great songs you will honestly enjoy this cd. I know that I said it before but this cd is so good that I still play it even though its been a few years since I first bought it (I am 27 now and I remember first buying the cd when I was around 21-22 years of age). I also agree with the one reviewer that had stated that this “Hits” by Phil Collins cd is a good first place to start if this would be your first time owning a Phil Collins greatest hits collection.

Ultimate Kylie
Ultimate Kylie
Price: CDN$ 26.77
19 used & new from CDN$ 5.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Kylie Indeed, May 5 2013
This review is from: Ultimate Kylie (Audio CD)
I initially reviewed this on June 22, 2008. I would definitely recommend this cd to fans of Kylie Minogue and non fans alike. What I love about this cd is that many of these songs are beautifully compiled together in terms of time era. For example, if you want to listen to Kylie in the 80's and 90's for the moment you would definitely check out cd 1. However if you crave the songs from the 2000's with some from the 90's check out cd 2. One of my favorite songs on her compilation is "come into my world" while my husband's is "where the wild roses grow". Many of the gems that I love of hers are on these cds but my top other fave songs would have to be "red blooded woman", "can't get you out of my head", "on a night like this", "in your eyes" and "slow". I love the ultimate kylie collection because it is upbeat, cheerful, sensual, and erotic at the same time. Plus this collection is any gem that will appeal to various occassions. If you like pop and/or europop or dance you will love this collection. Obviously “Ultimate Kylie” by Kylie Minogue is another purchase that I definitely feel is well worth the money.

The Very Best of Sting & The Police
The Very Best of Sting & The Police
Price: CDN$ 13.96
53 used & new from CDN$ 5.51

5.0 out of 5 stars every little song he does is magic,, May 5 2013
I initially reviewed this on July 5, 2008. This was the first album that I purchased that was by Sting and I am so glad that I acted on my hunch to get this cd. I love how he magically melds very creative songwriting lyrics with his very unique voice. There are quite a few good tracks on this album. Some of my favorites are "every little thing she does is magic", "if you love somebody set them free". "if I ever lose my faith in you", "fields of gold", "brand new day" and "desert rose". I grew up listening to his music on the radio and finally decided to buy one of his cd's last year. I also love how confident his voice sounds in the songs. If you like 80's music, classic soft rock and/or pop and you want to hear a mix of 80's and 90's I would definitely recommend this selection of “The Very Best of Sting& the Police” cd.

A Decade Of Dance (2cd)
A Decade Of Dance (2cd)
Price: CDN$ 15.63
4 used & new from CDN$ 15.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a fine Euromix of greatest hits, May 5 2013
This review is from: A Decade Of Dance (2cd) (Audio CD)
I initially reviewed this on July 25, 2008.
I desired some uplifting and high energy music to work out to when I was working out before work and at times after work just last summer. This cd caught my attention and it turned out to be a satisfying purchase. My favorite song on the cd is "celebrate: by Dj Bobo and listening to this song alone made me eventually get his greatest hits (which is in a earlier review). The song "mr vain" by Culture Beat is also very noteworthy and gave me the high energy jolt I needed when listening to it before or after going to work and/or working out. "Rhythm of the night" by Corona took me back to my teenage years when I first heard the song and enjoyed it alot. "What is love" by Haddaway , "La, La, Hey Hey by the Outhere Brothers, "What's Up" by DJ Miko are also some strong and unique tunes that really get ones energy going. What I also love about the cd is the eclectic music of the various eurodance artists and the fact that this cd is so much fun and high energy at the same time. “Euromix Greatest Hits: A Decade of Dance” is a good cd to help get your body moving.

Best of Vol. 1
Best of Vol. 1
Price: CDN$ 15.23
29 used & new from CDN$ 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely some of their best songs, May 5 2013
This review is from: Best of Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
I initially reviewed this on June 22, 2008. This is definitely one of the best from Depeche Mode. Many of these songs exude creativity and emotion. They are also so believable where you can picture the lead singer David Gahan singing them to you. This is one of my favorite cds because when I first bought this cd I listened to it alot after work and its good for working out and making out. In my opinion what helps make this cd a masterpiece is many of these songs are creatively erotic and sensual but there are also some songs that appeal more to ones emotional side and spiritual side. In this cd there is something for everyone. Some of my favorites on this cd are just can't get enough, strangelove, dream on, personal jesus, people are people, walking in my shoes, and feel you. If you want a versatile cd that you can listen to on numerous occassions then your money spent on this cd is well worth it. This “Best of Depeche Mode Volume 1” collection is another classic that you will be happy to have bought.

Hard Candy
Hard Candy
Price: CDN$ 15.66
75 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Upbeat and entertaining,, May 5 2013
This review is from: Hard Candy (Audio CD)
I initially reviewed this on June 15, 2008. I personally feel that the cd was overall very strong and entertaining. I admit that I can understand the viewpoints of both the positive and negative reviews. However in my opinion this cd helped solidify why Madonna still is and continues to be a shining example to others to always follow your dreams and that anything is possible. This cd is the type of cd that grows on you each time you listen to it. With that being said here are my opinions on each of the songs

candy shop 8/10 : a very strong song with exotic beats that would be perfect for a dance club.

4 minutes 7/10 a good collaboration with timbaland and justin timberlake with a strong horn.

give it to me 8/10: an excellent pairing with pharell that makes excellent use of the drums and conveys a message that you are here to win in life and that she will continue on regardless of what others may say.

heartbeat 10/10: One of the best songs on the cd in my opinion. I listen to this track alot on my way to work.

miles away 9/10: sounds inspired from love profusion but a beautiful song on how love can be appreciated even more in a long distance relationship.

she's not me 9/10: One of my other favorite songs about a woman telling her man that the other woman doesn't compare to her but does it in a groovy and fun way.

incredible 8/10: This song grew on me after the second listen and I like how the song praises her love in a very sensual way.

beat goes on 6/10: Another song grower but in my opinion is a listenable song about having fun and enjoying the moment.

dance 2 night 6/10: An ok song for mellow slow dancing moments.

spanish lesson 7/10: An interesting song with some spanish words in it that may not compare to la isla bonita but is still very strong and upbeat with singing about a girl who loves to fall in love and adds the catchy phrase "when you do your homework.

devil wouldn't recognize you 10/10 A very strong and magnetic song about her wanting to release her lover but keeps coming back to him more and more.

voices 7/10 A good collaboration with Justin Timberlake. Madonna carefully crafts an original masterpiece with this song with making the listener think about the societal master and slave roles.

All in all I think that this “Hard Candy” by Madonna cd is perfect to listen to for a good and uplifting emotional boost.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30