Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 60

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "joyfulwoman2078"
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Late Night Tales - Music for Pleasure
Late Night Tales - Music for Pleasure
Price: CDN$ 18.10
21 used & new from CDN$ 7.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom Findlay (from Groove Armada) 2012 music mix, Feb. 21 2014
Late Night Tales: Music For Pleasure by Groove Armada contains a wide mix of various soul pop songs from the 70’s. Robert Palmer, Michael McDonald, Toto, Bobby Caldwell, The Steve Miller Band, Bozz Scaggs, Hall & Oates, and other various musicians are on this music compilation. Tom Findlay also teams up with Tim Hutton for the music cover of “How Long” (under the music group name of “Sugar Daddy”). The theme for this compilation is listed to encourage the music listener to think of Laurel Canyon California.

Late Night Tales
Late Night Tales
Price: CDN$ 20.95
26 used & new from CDN$ 12.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Royksopp’s 2013 Music mix, Feb. 21 2014
This review is from: Late Night Tales (Audio CD)
Late Night Tales: Royksopp contains diverse blends of chilled, synth pop, and ambient melodies from various artists (within this compilation). Royksopp even does a cover of Depeche Mode’s “Ice Machine” (Godlike Edit version). Last, but not least, actor Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock Holmes series, 2013 Star Trek film etc.) is featured on the final title of Flat of Angles (Part 2, Exclusive Spoken Word Piece). The back cd jacket lists the music theme of this compilation as being akin to listening to background music that one can take in while watching the Northern Lights (in Norway).

Astral City: A Spiritual Journey
Astral City: A Spiritual Journey
DVD ~ Renato Prieto
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 23.85
24 used & new from CDN$ 11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Soul’s Journey Towards Even Greater Spiritual Growth, Feb. 21 2014
I confess that I found out about Astral City: A Spiritual Journey on Amazon Canada and had a chance to watch it on Hulu. Astral City: A Spiritual Journey is based on a 1944 book titled Nosso Lar by the late Brazilian author Chico Xavier. I have already watched it twice and intend to eventually purchase the dvd. One of the reasons being is because the film beautifully depicts how a spirit can still grow and change for the positive in the spirit realm. I also like how the narrator (who also plays one of the lead parts in the film) pours his heart in playing a soul who candidly describes both the good and challenging aspects of returning to the true spiritual home. The characters speak in what I am guessing to be the Portuguese language, but there are English subtitles included in the movie. This movie has definitely piqued my interest in eventually checking out one of the books by Chico Xavier (sometime within the next year). Astral City: A Spiritual Journey is best for those who like watching movies set in benevolent spirit realms. More information about the movie can be accessed from Bob Olson’s AfterlifeTVdotcom website (under the November 29, 2011 article of Does Life Continue After Death).

Defending Your Life (Widescreen)
Defending Your Life (Widescreen)
DVD ~ DVD
Price: CDN$ 17.95
12 used & new from CDN$ 2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A Man’s End of Earth Life Trial, Feb. 21 2014
I must give credit where it is due. I actually found out about the Defending Your Life movie after viewing an Internet Movie database comment for the Astral City: A Spiritual Journey movie. I rented it through one of my amazon accounts for $1.99, but plan to eventually purchase the dvd. The movie centers around a Los Angeles advertising executive who dies and goes to a heaven that includes some of the best earth inspired amenities (such as top hotel service, cooked restaurant meals, and recreation such as golfing). He has only a short time to enjoy this unexpected nirvana due to the fact that he has to defend himself on why he is ready to move on to the next heavenly realm instead of being forced to be reincarnated back on earth. The film stars Albert Brooks (upcoming 2016 movie: Finding Dory)Meryl Streep (Mamma Mia!, upcoming November 2014 film: Into The Woods )and Rip Torn (Men In Black, Men in Black II)During his stay, he falls in love with a woman who returns his feelings. Defending Your Life is a fun comedic film that lightheartedly pokes at the idea of what may happen if a spirit is also evaluated on how much they lived their life by trusting their heart versus fear.

My Son and the Afterlife: Conversations from the Other Side
My Son and the Afterlife: Conversations from the Other Side
by Elisa Medhus M.D. M.D.
Price: CDN$ 12.27
41 used & new from CDN$ 4.29

2.0 out of 5 stars A Mother’s Love, Feb. 21 2014
First off, I acknowledge that the author was brave for sharing her spirit communications with her son and her journey from hardcore skeptic/atheist to having her spiritual beliefs shifted. I wish her all the joy that this world has to offer and would guess that this book is going to continue to attract at least millions of other dedicated followers. I am also aware that at least one family member, friend, and/or fan of her work is going to downvote this review, but I must make my case on why the two stars through some of the pros and cons of My Son And The Afterlife by Elisa Medhus M.D:
Pros: Medhus’s great love for her family and son shines through the book. Her writings convince me that one of the reasons why she was and still is extremely close to him may stem from additional past lives that they had together which were mostly positive. Obviously, I do not condone abuse in any form, but sadly, I feel that other children and teenagers who have much more abusive parents and/or family members (and/or made to feel like the family’s black sheep) may be resolving heavy karma from past lifetimes that may or may not be resolved between them and the offenders during current lifetimes. What this has to do with the author’s story is that many of the positives she describes in her son and family highlight the closeness and great love that is most likely in their family from most likely positive family elements from past lives and current lifetime. It is obvious that very little heavy karma in the way of family relationships closeness is a problem with her or any of her other kids.
2nd pro: She persuasively makes a point on why she feels that she is now communicating with her son despite her being a former atheist. She truthfully explains how others treated her when she opened up about her communications with her son. 3rd positive of her book: On page 132, a convincing point is made on why having therapy and going through healing first on earth can make a soul’s growth much easier than if he or she postponed such healing until after leaving the earth plane.
1st con: I do not doubt for a second that she is truly channeling her son and that he transitioned to a heavenly dimension/realm on the non-physical plane. However, I reluctantly confess that I feel that she may have unintentionally colored some of her human beliefs/perspectives and melded them with the translations given to her through her son. For instance, her son let her know that he was fine after passing over to the next realm. Non-judgemental messages from her son give a persuasive analysis on why suicide is best avoided by other souls currently thinking of it on this earth realm. However, she then goes to imply that her son is one of the occasional exception to this rule because he killed himself as part of his last earth life plan (page 55). I do believe that Erik is communicating with his mother and went to a light filled and heavenly dimension but respectfully disagree that he told her that he did it as part of his life’s plan. However, I have compassion for why Elisa Medhus’s grief over losing her son would cause her and the other human spirit translators involved to interpret it this way. The reason being: I do not doubt that there are unexplained reasons why countless souls have to endure hardships so early in life, but I feel that a loving God energy/consciousness would not burden a soul (especially a spirit who is just beginning to enter their life as a physically healthy man in his early 20’s) to intentionally commit suicide as part of their life purpose. Additionally, even if it is true that Erik did kill himself as part of his life purpose, writing this message in this book may set a dangerous precedent to other teenagers that maybe they too are thinking of suicide because it may be part of their own life plan. 2nd con: One of her main messages in this book is the theme that Erik committed suicide and that it is no other human beings place to judge him for this. Additionally, on page xxvi, the Elisa Medhus quotes Erik as saying this “I will not stand and condone suicide, nor will I be the guy who tells you that suicide is for the weak, “I will also not say that suicide is honorable, but more of a self-expression. My point is that I do not disagree with these tenets especially since an emphasis on non-judgement is implied. However, on page 95, both Medhus and apparently her son have a conversation with each other about men and women who voluntarily intend and declare that their current lifetimes are their last lifetimes on earth. Medhus adds her human judgement on the topic by quoting, “yeah I guess if they are that disenchanted with their last life, then they need to come back.” Medhus is basically judging (from her human perspective) those she feels needs to reincarnate back on earth the most without taking into account the saying “ do not judge another man or woman until you have walked a mile in their shoes.” It is not another person’s (regardless of how wise such a person is or their earthly occupation) place to judge anyone who sets their intention for this current earth lifetime to be their last. As far as I’m concerned, if an afterlife truly exists (which I believe it probably does) then most spirits in the non-physical realm are neutral and non-judgemental about another soul’s intention to end their reincarnation on earth and stay in the non-physical realms. Medhus’s viewpoint on this clashes with her theme of non-judgement towards what her own son decided (although through a different drastic life decision). 3rd con: Pages 77 and 141-Medhus and her son imply that men and women who were atheists on earth go into “nothingness” on earth and apparently have a narrower vibration and a completely different afterlife. I am neither an atheist or skeptic and believe that there are actually atheists and skeptics who transition straight to heavenly dimensions upon death due to their good karma and/or having a high vibration and/or light body. As a result, I believe that compassion would be extended to such spirits when they pass over into the spirit world. With the author being a former atheist, she may have been unintentionally adding her own human perspective on what she feels happens to an atheist/skeptic upon death. My other caveat with this book, is that the author did not emphasize or make it clear frequently enough in the book that her son’s interpretations of the afterlife are not necessarily absolute truths and they are more or less strictly influenced by his own belief systems. I understand that there are others who will still feel guided to check out this book. However, I would also gently recommend these other channeled titles in addition for those who are curious to know more about the spirit world:
The World Unseen by Anthony Borgia
The Afterlife Interviews Volume 1 by Jeffrey Marks
The Teachings of Silver Birch by A.W. Austen
Matthew Tell Me About Heaven: A Firsthand Description Of The Afterlife by Suzanne Ward
Life On The Causal Plane: A Glimpse of Heaven by Marian Eileen Charlton M.A.
The Other Side of Suicide by Karen Peebles
Guided by Angels: My Tour Of The Spirit World by Paddy McMahon
Beyond Human Personality by Geraldine Cummins
The Afterlife Unveiled: What The Dead Are Telling Us About Their World by L. Stafford Betty
Letters From The Afterlife: A Guide To The Other Side by Elsa Barker

Pete Tong-Essential Select
Pete Tong-Essential Select
Price: CDN$ 33.74
7 used & new from CDN$ 5.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Pete Tong’s 2005 Music Mix, Feb. 21 2014
Pete Tong Essential Selection contains various rock and electronic dance songs remixed for club play. Bob Sinclair feat. Gary Pine, Jamiroquai, Moby, Martin Solveig, Faithless, U2, The Killers, The Chemical Brothers, and Goldfrapp. It is definitely advised to get the cd version due to the availability of 14 tracks on each of the two cds.

Anthems Trance Cd
Anthems Trance Cd
Price: CDN$ 19.13
22 used & new from CDN$ 14.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Invigorating 2013 Ministry of Sound Collection, Feb. 21 2014
This review is from: Anthems Trance Cd (Audio CD)
As noted in my earlier reviews, I have enjoyed the Ministry of Sound collections since the early 2000’s (thanks to my husband first introducing me to the series back in 2002). Ministry of Sound: Anthems Trance is a three cd electronic dance music set containing 60 songs. Faithless, Paul Van Dyk, Tiesto, PPK, Cosmic Gate, Armin Van Buuren, Travie GuthrieThe Thrillseekers, Blank & Jones, ATB, Darude, Chicane, York, Lange Ft. Skye, Ferry Corsten, Sash, David Guetta feat. Sia, Swedish House Mafia, and Nadia Ali (plus many more dance/trance artisits) are some of the many various musicians that have their music featured on this compilation. There are so many fun songs on this cd that are going to resonate with many men and women who enjoy dance/trance collections by various artists.

Your Magical Soul: How Science and Psychic Phenomena Paint a New Picture of the Self and Reality
by Jeffrey A. Marks
Price: CDN$ 21.79
15 used & new from CDN$ 21.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Powerful Soul, May 20 2013
"Your Magical Soul" by Jeffrey A. Marks is an uplifting book that paints a multi-dimensional picture of the higher self. The following is some of the innovative information included in "Your Magical Soul":
Page 65: New belief systems are crucial to creating an altered reality.
Page 107: Inspiration for the Secret movie
Page: It is important to avoid using manifestation to control the thoughts, behaviors, and actions of others
Page 127: The benefits to taking stock of everything you own

There is so much more uplifting and helpful details in this book. It is just that I want to avoid divulging more in this review out of respect for both the author and for those who may still want to get "Your Magical Soul."

by Ellen L. Walker
Price: CDN$ 12.24
46 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Kidfree Guide, May 20 2013
Reluctantly, I confess that it is strictly my own decision and idea to be child-free (since the age of 8). I say reluctantly because my husband expressed his feeling that I would have made a good mother and that we would have had beautiful children together. However, his decision to spend the rest of his current lifetime with me is constant even with my choice to be child-free.Complete Without Kids: An Insider's Guide to Childfree Living by Choice or by Chance by Ellen L. Walker caught my attention because of my interest to seek out books that support a voluntary choice to be child-free. There are more than enough families who have more than four children per household (just in the United States of America alone) to make up for the number of men and women who voluntarily decide to stay child-free. I admit that I’m not sure how my biological mother and adoptive mother would have felt about my firm decision to stay childfree. This is only because both women died within 18 months of each other and before I married my current husband (who I met in 2002 and married in 2004). However, I would like to think that both my biological mother and adoptive mother would have been supportive about my certain decision to stay childfree (if they were still alive today). Additionally, most women that I see who truly enjoy being mothers are depression free, are prosperous enough to afford help in caring for their children and/or have parents around who would immediately drop what they were doing to help look after the children.I am thankful for all of my family members and friends. Additionally, some of the celebrities and people that I admire in real life are parents. However, it is important to me that I collect information on others who bravely share their stories on being childfree. This is especially due to both my acceptance and awareness that there are others who are going to judge my husband and I for voluntarily choosing to be child-free. Additionally, I come from a large family where many of the adults enjoy being parents and a big portion of their identity is proudly tied into that life experience. To be one of the few adults to politely declare my decision to be kid-free can be tricky in such a situation. I actually knew since the age of 8 that I was going to choose the child-free path, but I was obviously only taken seriously in my decision about 9 years ago (after I got married).

Walker courageously interviews and shares the stories of other adults who have chosen to be child-free. She explains the dynamics behind the decision making of voluntarily choosing to be childfree and how the concepts of love and money tie into such an important choice. There are also resources included for those who are certain that they want to partake in the child-free route. "Complete Without Kids: An Insider's Guide to Childfree Living by Choice Or By Chance" by Ellen Walker is also a suitable accompaniment to Kidfree & Lovin It by Kaye D. Walters.

The Afterlife Interviews: Volume I
The Afterlife Interviews: Volume I
by Jeffrey A. Marks
Price: CDN$ 19.95
19 used & new from CDN$ 19.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirit Perspectives, May 20 2013
"The Afterlife Interviews: Volume 1" by Jeffrey A. Marks is a channeled book that tells of different ideas of what can occur in the spirit realm. This version contains among the following rich details:
Page 65: A Soul is allowed to change their appearance in the non-physical realm.
Pages 79-84: Infinite wisdom is not instantaneously granted upon physical death. However, the spirit can often gain knowledge that was a strong focus during their physical lifetime. For instance, there is an example given of a woman who was very much into science and gains an increased awareness around that arena. I admit that one of the reasons why this chapter interested me is due to my own strong inclination towards information on the higher self (connecting to one's soul) and the power of imagination.
Pages 149-159: Evolution can happen in both physical lifetimes and non-physical experiences. Spiritual growth on the other side is seen more through the analogy of a highway with landscapes rather than a ladder.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30