Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Music Deals Store Fall Tools
Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 133

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "luckywoman2078"

Offered by MUSIC PRODUCTION
Price: CDN$ 14.65
44 used & new from CDN$ 11.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong Song Selection by Carrie Underwood, July 10 2015
Ce commentaire est de: Greatest Hits: Decade #1 (Audio CD)
Greatest Hits; Decade #1 by Carrie Underwood features a country music medley of songs that showcase both her spiritual and sentimental side. For instance, Inside Your Heaven and There’s something in the water musically play on the polarities of those emotions. Fortunately, there is a wide range of songs on each of the two cds that give a person the most bang for their buck (due to the availability of 12 songs on the first cd and 13 songs on the second cd).

Respect M.E.
Respect M.E.
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 18.19
42 used & new from CDN$ 1.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Substantial Tunes, July 10 2015
Ce commentaire est de: Respect M.E. (Audio CD)
I admit that I first heard music by Missy Elliott around the late 1990’s via radio and television (I was around 18 at the time). Rain (Supa Dupa Fly) and Make It Hot (duet she did with Nicole Wray) were two songs that introduced me to her sound. Missy Elliott’s music also gained popularity in Japan (her music was played a lot around 2001/2002 when I was stationed there through the navy). There are multiple hits on this collection of Respect M.E. by Missy Elliott that are also currently available for online viewing such as tracks 1 (Get Ur Freak On),2 (Lose Control feat. Fatman Scoop), 3 (4 My People Basement Jaxx Dj remix), the hilarious not safe for work track 7 (One Minute Man), and 14 (Hot Boyz). This collection of Respect M.E. by Missy Elliott is great for eclectic music listeners and/or those who are open to listening to hip-hop and dance influenced songs from the late 90’s and early 2000’s.

Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera 355 ml Gel
Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera 355 ml Gel
Offered by DAILY SUPPLY
Price: CDN$ 9.15
12 used & new from CDN$ 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Pliable Hold, July 10 2015
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel (12 ounce) 100% gel has been a godsend for both my hair and beauty budget since I discovered it at my job. I say this because I have a naturally type 3 curly hair type (turns type 2 wavy when chemically relaxed) that goes through a lot of hair product during the month (less since I chemically relax it, but I go through more gel on my 5th or 6th month or longer before relaxing my hair again) and I feel lucky to find something affordable. However, this clear color Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel is best for someone who shampoos their hair every day and/or no less than 2-3 times a week due to the buildup that can result from the hardness of the gel if left in too long during the week (ideally the gel is best left in 48 hours maximum or less). It is actually also made for skin prone to sunburn, but it has been cost effective and helpful for my hair.

Dancing Forever with Spirit: Astonishing Insights from Heaven
Dancing Forever with Spirit: Astonishing Insights from Heaven
by Garnet Schulhauser
Price: CDN$ 13.67
24 used & new from CDN$ 8.07

3.0 out of 5 stars I Expect Judgement From Fans and/or Friends of the Author Yet I Must Say, July 10 2015
It is truthfully difficult for me to rate Dancing Forever With Spirt; Astonishing Insights From Heaven by Garnet Schulhauser only three stars because I enjoyed his previous book a lot more. For this reason alone, I did not want to even review it (even though I even pre-ordered it back in February well before the book release) due to my awareness that both positive and negative karma even applies to the intent applied when you write about other people’s written comments/articles and/or published works. However, my intuition nudged me to do so out of consideration for future readers who may enjoy this book more and my awareness that I may want to order future works from this author. The Good points of this book; The author takes a compassionate stance towards urging others (both outside and outside the new age community) to accept other people regardless of differences and he writes in a way that shows him coming from the heart when he says this. His written revelation on page 11 via Albert that a person can appeal to their spirit helpers to adjust their life plan is helpful (I’m grateful for what I’m blessed with, especially a gem of a husband). I also like the way the author described how he felt and what he says when he visited the world/realm that his late mother and other family members now resided in. However, I do not consider myself a victim, but the author’s revelation on that chapter encouraged me to get further spiritual and professional help around coming to peace with being judged based on my perceived emotional and/or intellectual intelligence instead of trying to resist and/or run away from it. His writing also gets creative on chapter five when he delves into the concept of other worlds such as the potential of the New Earth reality on chapter five. Chapter 6 of Friends In High Places was interesting as well (tv works based on either chapters 5 or 6 would make for some interesting sci-fi/fantasy viewing based on just these two chapters alone). The parts of the book that made me a little uneasy; Page 44 the author goes on to mention his life reviews and then emphasizes how he was concerned that he would be “slow or dim-witted to other people”. I easily can understand his reasoning for this because I have noticed across the new age communities and across various socio-economic classes (both poor and wealthy)the need for people to be seen as smart with a high wit by others (which is obviously understandable because it is common knowledge that higher paying jobs are more freely given to people who have a reputation for being and/or appearing “smart” as well as the ease in making a certain number of friends). The author is entitled to his viewpoint yet I find it ironic that he worries about this even more so than appearing crazy to others throughout the book (which sadly many people who shun new age books will equate both craziness and questionable intellectual capacity regardless of a person’s income and/or occupation). My point is that there is a scene in the book where he shows understandable concern for a mother of three who was locked in a mental institution due to a misunderstanding around her viewing another realm in her waking life. He implies to readers that the psychiatrists were too harsh in their judgement towards this mother which I can see why he would be compassionate for the mother’s plight. However, he seems to express less of a modicum of sympathy for people who are judged either accurately or inaccurately by their intellectual/emotional potential by expressing his concern for wanting to coming across as quick witted on page 44 (although as I said before he is far from alone, it is just that I feel that his sentiment overlooks late bloomers and/or people who have been misjudged and just need to figure out how to put themselves in a more favorable light in regards to their potential). The final chapter that has me feeling an urge to speak up is on Chapter 15. I agree that psychic predictions and/or what a person sees in their own life is not set in stone (which is why I’m well aware that a person’s personal intuition must override whatever a horoscope and/or what another person says (regardless of if they are known to be wise, psychic, and/or both). In other words, I’m well aware when I can take into account information from another source and when to solely listen to my own intuition over what is being communicated to me. However, he says that his spirit guide Arthur told him that only advanced souls can see into the future. I can see why the author feels this way and I’m well aware that there people have different levels of psychic ability and some people are going to have to work at it more than others. However, there is no mention or explanation made of people who are able to dream about their future before it happens (which has happened to me multiple times even without trying because I’m logically/intuitively aware that my higher self was trying to get my attention about certain matters in my sleep when I unintentionally overlooked them in my waking life). The author at least acknowledges that it is possible to travel into the future in a non-physical sense (which I interpreted to be there is potential for a living soul to travel into the future via meditation and/or lucid dreaming). However, there was no information explaining this and non-existent information of people who can dream about their futures before they happen (more as warnings and/or guidance from their higher selves and/or heavenly spirit allies). I have little doubt that Garnet Schulhauser has a connection with his spirit guide Albert and that the journeys he made with his spirit guide in astral form did happen. It is just that I feel that even the information quoted from his spirit guide Albert is not the absolute fixed truth. My heart is guiding me to avoid elaborating more on why I do not take what even Albert has said as the definitive/absolute/fixed rules to go by out of consideration for the author and those who will buy and enjoy his book more (especially in case I’m drawn to any of his future books). Overall, Dancing Forever with Spirit Astonishing Insights From Heaven is more of a healing comforting book for those who may have lost a loved one, but the insights from heaven are tailored more towards people who may not have yet been exposed to that many books on the afterlife and/or heaven.

1980-1990 Best Of
1980-1990 Best Of
Price: CDN$ 9.99
82 used & new from CDN$ 1.41

5.0 out of 5 stars 80's Rock Nostalgia, July 7 2015
Ce commentaire est de: 1980-1990 Best Of (Audio CD)
U2-The Best of 1980-1990 contains many strong and well known alternative rock hits that encompass the band U2's musical career (such as New Year's Day, Sweetest Thing, and Desire etc.). This collection has 15 hits and spans various parts of their musical growth (such as with the 1980's era songs of Pride In The Name of Love, Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, and Desire etc.). The Sweetest Thing song is a snapshot of their 1990's musical journey. I'm lucky to have first found out about the 80's musical hits collection of U2 as a high school student in the 1990's(thanks to a caring friend I knew since middle school who gifted me with this collection). On a side note, this was partially why I was also elated when my husband bought me the U2 90's greatest hits cd during the first year of our marriage (2004) (the 90's greatest hits U2 cd is also enjoyable to listen to as is the 80's U2 selection). For this reason, I would recommend The Best of 1980-1990 by U2 for those who enjoy greatest hits rock music collections and/or have also liked the Best of 1990-2000 by U2.

Emotional Intelligence: A Practical Guide to Making Friends with Your Emotions and Raising Your EQ
by Ian Tuhovsky
Price: CDN$ 11.86
8 used & new from CDN$ 7.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Encouragement, July 6 2015
Emotional Intelligence; A Practical Guide To Making Friends With Your Emotions and Raising Your EQ by Ian Tuhovsky appealed to me because of my own desire to increase my wisdom around emotional intelligence (even though I’m logically and intuitively aware that there are gifted and /or talented people who do not believe in emotional intelligence). I’m always thirsting for knowledge as other people do and feel fortunate that I’m married to a supportive spouse who is understand and encouraging of me studying various topics (such as those involving emotional intelligence). The following are some of the topics discussed in this book;
The authors discussion of emotional intelligence (EQ) that was made popular by Daniel Goleman (pages 22-25).
Chapter 7-Is This Thought Real-The authors explanation of reframing thoughts for better outcomes (pages 60-65).
Chapter 15- How To Forgive (starts on page 123)- I’m still in the process of improving my ability to let go and forgive. However, I can truly say that I’m at least improving in this area compared to just a year ago. The author explains a way to see the positive intent behind whatever experience triggers the forgiveness test.
Chapter 17 Perceptual Positions are discussed and the multiple sides of the story facet (starts on page 132).

55 Surefire Food-Related Businesses You Can Start for Under $5000
55 Surefire Food-Related Businesses You Can Start for Under $5000
by Entrepreneur Press
Price: CDN$ 6.96
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking Outside The Box Professionally and Financially, July 3 2015
I must preface this review by emphasizing that I do review multiple career books (food related businesses)such as this one, because I’m currently looking into them more as options for a second job while I’m living here in Maryland due to the fact that I hope to keep my current job while living here in the D.C. area while working a second job and/or creating a legal source of additional income(also, I intend to avoid moving outside of the Washington D.C. area this year (2015)( regardless of what happens). I’m grateful for what I already have, but I prefer to work two jobs while living in the Washington D.C. area because I recently realized that I must increase my financial value to today’s rate of at least 18 dollars per hour due to the percentage rate of taxes that come out of my paycheck (in order to set myself on a healthier financial pathway). With that said, 55 Related Food Related Businesses You Can Start for Under $5,000 dollars by Entrepreneur Press and Cheryl Kimball contains a wealth of information for those who are open to looking at unique ideas of starting businesses serving food to the public. For instance, there is information available for those who are interested in giving cooking classes (pages 40-41) (not for me though). However, the author goes into detail about the cooking classes such as marketing angle, things to consider (what kind of cooking a person may want to specialize in if they choose to , having take home materials etc.). Creating cutting boards for kitchens is featured (not something I’d be interested in, however someone who enjoyed their wood shop classes growing up may like this). There is also a feature of cookware sales, however the one caveat that I would obviously see is that a person and/or group of people who undertake this business are going to have to have their cookware be unique and apart from what someone can get at their local department store. However, the wide range of ideas featured in this book still make it a worthwhile purchase (such as with chocolate making featured on pages 97-100).

The Hunger Games [2-Disc DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
The Hunger Games [2-Disc DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Jennifer Lawrence
Price: CDN$ 7.00
18 used & new from CDN$ 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hunger Games Catching Adversity, July 3 2015
I finally had a chance to watch Hunger Games Catching Fire yesterday. The Hunger Games Catching Fire movie definitely has me looking forward to watching the 2014 installment and the other movie that comes out later this year. It helps to watch the first Hunger Games installment because so much of the plot in Hunger Games Catching Fire is tied into what happened during the first movie. Hunger Games Catching Fire has Katnis Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) still coming to terms with how her life has changed. She is grappling with dealing with the pros and cons of being known as one of the game survivors and handling the complex relationship dynamics with Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) and Gale Hawthorne (Liam Hemsworth). To complicate matters, President Snow (Donald Sutherland) seems to want to do everything in his power to prevent Everdeen from being able to fully enjoy her life. As a matter of fact the only time Snow seems to have any heart is when it comes to his granddaughter (which doesn’t say much because even some of the most known evil people in real-life are known to at least show some semblance of humanity towards their own kids and/or grandchildren). I understand that Sutherland was only doing his job, I just found it jaw dropping how sinister he was required to be. For instance, one of Snow’s motives for wanting to target Everdeen has more to do with the hope that she brings rather than what she has done. There are a multitude of other famous celebrities that star in this movie as well (Lenny Kravitz, Woody Harrelson, the late Phillip Seymour, Elizabeth Banks, Stanley Tucci, and more). Music by Coldplay features at the end credits of Hunger Games Catching Fire.

#1 to Infinity
#1 to Infinity
Price: CDN$ 11.99
29 used & new from CDN$ 10.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Mariah Carey’s Career Showcase, July 2 2015
Ce commentaire est de: #1 to Infinity (Audio CD)
#1 To Infinity showcases some of Mariah Carey’s emotional and superb songs throughout her career. There are 19 songs on this cd that capture various moments of her musical/professional progression such as the 90’s Dreamlover and the daring Touch My Body Track from 2008. There are also some star collaborations on her cd such as Fantasy feat. O.D,B, One Sweet Day feat. Boyz II Men, Heartbreaker feat. Jay Z. Then there are various songs that touch on a wide range of relationship experiences such as Emotions, Honey, Thank God I Found You, Hero, I’ll Be There etc. Overall, #1 To Infinity by Mariah Carey is perfect for those who are familiar with her music and/or are eclectic music lovers who also like 90’s and/or 2000’s music.

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Live at Slane Castle
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Live at Slane Castle
DVD ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers
Price: CDN$ 14.48
36 used & new from CDN$ 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer Rock Concert Fun, July 2 2015
I’m actually fortunate to have grown up with the music of Red Hot Chili Peppers because many of their songs were played on the local rock radio station where I lived as a pre-teen and teenager (I remember even seeing someone sport a Red Hot Chili Peppers t-shirt when some members of my family and I visited the Cedarpoint Amusement park when I was around 12 or 13 years old). Anyhow, this dvd of Red Hot Chili Peppers Live At Slane Castle contains 18 of some of their classic hits and is listed to be 102 minutes (with song hits such as Give It Away, Californication, Under The Bridge, Around The World, Scar Tissue, Other Side, By The Way etc.). I enjoyed their performances of Parallel Universe and Can’t Stop the most. However, there is something in this dvd for those who enjoy rock music. The end of the dvd lists their performance on this dvd to have taken place on August 23, 2003 and filmed on locaton at Slane Castle Co, Meath Ireland. There are also wallpaper extras that accompany the dvd of Red Hot Chili Peppers live at Slane Castle such as; The Can’t Stop Wallpaper extra has an image of a buffalo running through what looks to be a colorful and green countryside. The following other imagers for the other five wallpaper extra tracks; Throw Away Your Television-an explosion of various colors, Parallel Universe has a figure shaped as a woman running inside a blueish square (rectangle maybe?) against a turquoise blue background mixed with other colors. There are also wallpaper images for Give It Away, The Zephyr song, and Right On Time.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30