Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 130

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "luckywoman2078"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Become an Earth Angel: Advice and Wisdom for Finding Your Wings and Living in Service
by Sonja Grace
Price: CDN$ 19.95
30 used & new from CDN$ 8.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Earth Angel Training, Jan. 24 2015
Become An Earth Angel; Advice And Wisdom For Finding Your Wings And Living In Service by Sonja Grace caught my attention because of the title embodying a sense of connecting to the heavenly realms while embodying a strong representation of an angelic side. Earth Angels And The Fifth Dimension (starts on page 60), Original Consciousness And Collective Karma (starts on page 103), and Help From The Angels (starts on page 119) are some of the therapeutic areas covered in Become An Earth Angel; Advice And Wisdom For Finding Your Wings And Living In Service by Sonja Grace.

Choices and Illusions: How Did I Get Where I Am, and How Do I Get Where I Want to Be?
by Eldon Taylor
Price: CDN$ 16.95
23 used & new from CDN$ 10.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Solutions And Options, Jan. 24 2015
I confess that the book Choices and Illusions; How did I Get Where I Am An How Do I Get Where I Want To Be by Eldon Taylor caught my attention due to my own increasing awareness of wanting information on how to manifest certain goals regardless of what is happening in my external environment and/or regardless of if I’m perceived to be aiming too high. Believe The Impossible (starts on page 27), stimuli (starts on page 88), the nature of a controversy (starts on page 109), what we resist (starts on page 142), and memory landmarks (starts on page 205) are some of the multiple areas covered in the book Choices and Illusions; How Did I Get Where I Am An How Do I Get Where I Need To Be by Eldon Taylor.

Picture Your Prosperity: Smart Money Moves to Turn Your Vision into Reality
Picture Your Prosperity: Smart Money Moves to Turn Your Vision into Reality
by Ellen Rogin
Price: CDN$ 20.65
40 used & new from CDN$ 10.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Prosperity Visioning, Jan. 24 2015
I admit that I found out about the book Picture Your Prosperity; Smart Money Moves To Turn Your Vision Into Reality by Ellen Rogin & Lisa Kueng through an e-mail newsletter (I think it was learnvest). I understand that it is probably just a coincidence, but I found it uncanny when I saw (obviously after I purchased and received the book)a financial case study of a client that shared the same name as my late biological mother, which is not that much of a common name (page 144). Creating A Shared Vision As A Couple (Page 39), Designing A Wedding Plan (starts on page 77), and hiring a financial advisor (page 144), and Building A Lifetime of Prosperity are some of the multiple topics covered in Picture Your Prosperity; Smart Money Moves To Turn Your Vision Into Reality by Ellen Rogin & Lisa Kueng.

Touched by an Angel: Season 1
Touched by an Angel: Season 1
DVD ~ Roma Downey
Price: CDN$ 15.99
27 used & new from CDN$ 15.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Touched by Heaven, Jan. 9 2015
Touched by An Angel; The Complete First Season On Dvd comes in a set that has four dvd holders. I also like that each dvd cover has a title and description of each episode. Of course, there are also pictures on each of the dvd covers. For instance, the first dvd which has a red color background and photo scenes from each episode are The Southbound Bus, Show Me the Way Home, Tough love, and Fallen Angela. There are 13 Episodes produced for Season one and a two part series finale (as listed on the back). The special features of the dvd set are: an extended version of executive producer Martha williamson’s 60 minute interview with Ed Bradley, Martha Williamson talks about Touched By an Angel, Touched by an Angel Says Farewell, and four audio commentaries on the Southbound Bus, Tough love, Fear not and There, and There But for the Grace of God. There is also the option of a full screen format, English stereo, and Spanish stereo. I plan to eventually purchase the boxed version of all of the Touched By An Angel series sets.

Highway to Heaven: Season 1
Highway to Heaven: Season 1
Price: CDN$ 9.88
26 used & new from CDN$ 5.03

5.0 out of 5 stars highway to nirvana, Jan. 9 2015
This review is from: Highway to Heaven: Season 1 (DVD)
highway to heaven is a multiple dvd set that has over twenty five season one episodes and the picture of Michael landon and victor French. Please understand that I only mean harm-free intent to fans and/or anyone else touched by their work, it is just that out of curiosity, I felt compelled to check out Wikipedia entries and eerily found that both men were only fifty four years old when they died. Victor French is listed to have passed away eight weeks before highway to heaven was cancelled while mike landon passed away just 23 months after the show was cancelled. Highway to heaven the complete first season comes with multiple discs and is perfect for those who like healing shows. The first episode of the show opened with their unbelievable strong connection to get along with each other because Michael landon’s jonathan character is shown being accepting of mark’s personality even as he admits to recovering from being prone to getting into fights.

Last Letters from the Living Dead Man
Last Letters from the Living Dead Man
by Elsa Barker
Price: CDN$ 12.28
15 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual message transmissions, Jan. 9 2015
one must have an open mind when reading this book because The Last Letters From The Living Dead Man by elsa barker deals with communications that are apparently between the late author (online sources list Elsa Barker to have lived between 1869 to 1954) and a man who was in heaven by the time she received his messages and transcribed the messages. The man’s name during his lifetime is listed to have been David P. hatch, a los angeles based judge and apparently his son believed that the author’s messages representing the father were most likely genuine. I reluctantly confess that I got my information from Wikipedia, even though I was taught in my undergraduate college years to use references other than Wikipedia. However, what makes her book unique is that this channeled book came out in the early 1900’s many years before it become more common for an increase in new age and occult books to be published. Anyhow this book touches on various topics such as the ideal of success (starts on page 75), the lever of world unity (starts on page 92), and the watchers (starts on page 111). The information on just the watcher alone reminded me to be vigilant in putting a continual connection to my higher self/soul/spirit as a higher priority and focus than what I reluctantly admit that I have been doing and reconsider asking for help and making sure that I’m ready for that help on the road to continually channeling my higher self. This is because the author emphasizes that most souls are only partially incarnated and that the higher self does not usually fully integrate in a man or woman on earth until they achieve a certain level of spiritual evolution and the acts of a man or woman must become more than personal significance (page 112), I admit that I must take the time to fully ponder more on what that exactly means. However, the one point I must respectfully disagree with is the message that he had the author transcribed about the high number of native American men and women who were killed off during the colonial u.s. times when increasing numbers of European settlers gained a successful foothold on U.S. territories. In the author’s defense, this book was written during the early 1900’s. however,on page 77 the author writes that a great number of native American men died with resentment and rage in their hearts for the elimination of their race by the white man in America. Even if this author’s book is 100% true on channeled authenticity, I have a challenging time believing that a high number of souls who are now in heaven would care to reincarnate back on earth to avenge their ancestors (even with me knowing the controversial fact that there are great numbers of the souls of native American men and women who were slaughtered by European settlers). The author and her friend may have been well meaning, but native americans, as with other human races, are not a monolith when it comes to how they think and even how they view past and current historical events. I confess that seeing that strong passage unintentionally struck a frustrated chord within me because I inherited a part of the menominee indian heritage from my biological mother and biological grandmother’s side. Additionally, I am proud to have been born an American female and both members of my biological and adoptive family members are U.S. citizens. However, less than between 24-30 months ago, I felt myself having a temporary twinge of shock and anger when I spoke to my maternal grandmother who told me that she was forced to go to one of the camps as a child were she was forced to renounce her menominee indian heritage during her childhood. Fortunately, when I last spoke to her she was freely celebrating and expressing pride in her menominee indian/native American heritage. However, it was shocking to know that forcing children to renounce their native American culture during her time was still going on because she was born in the 1940’s.

A Few Good Men (Special Edition) (Bilingual)
A Few Good Men (Special Edition) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Tom Cruise
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 26.64
37 used & new from CDN$ 1.71

5.0 out of 5 stars A Few Controversial men, Jan. 9 2015
A Few Good men stars Tom Cruise as united states navy lieutenant Daniel kaffee, jack Nicholson as marine Colonel Nathan R. Jessup, and Demi moore as navy lieutenant commander joanne Galloway, and j.t walsh as jessup’s assistant and executive officer. Kevin bacon, keith Sutherland, cuba gooding jr., and Joshua malina are among the multiple actors/actress featured in this movie. The trouble begans when a young marine by the name of William santiago is found dead in his barracks at Guantanamo naval base cuba. Santiago was wanting to transfer out of his workplace but Jessup felt that it was unnecessary. The character of Jessup is shown quoting that he goes by the needs of the marines. This belief is not wrong, it is something else that I must avoid saying out of courtesy for those who have yet to see the movie that makes a person with a conscience shake their head at the Jekyll and hyde nature of colonel Nathan r jessup . Although a dramatic movie, my favorite scene of the movie was when the character of Nathan r Jessup was called to the court room stand because Nicholson’s shrewd portrayal of colonel Nathan r. Jessup also brought out the best in the character portrayals that came from Tom Cruise, Demi moore, and kevin bacon. There are multiple military references in A Few Good men such as the judge advocate general corps and it depicted in the movie that the setting was meant to portray the Washington navy yard.

Mad Men the Final: Season Part 1 [Import]
Mad Men the Final: Season Part 1 [Import]
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 41.11
23 used & new from CDN$ 20.49

5.0 out of 5 stars adventure packed episodes, Jan. 9 2015
mad men the final season part 1 is a three disc dvd set that features gay rights, gay power, the trial of Chicago, and the best things in life are free. Disc one has a picture of the don draper (jon hamm) character, while the other two discs have visuals of don draper’s current wife megan draper (Jessica pare) and peggy olson (Elisabeth moss). However, I did notice that there was a picture of the betty francis character once I placed the first dvd in the divd player. The characters of betty francis (January jones), joan harris (Christina Hendricks), pete Campbell (Vincent cartheiser), sally draper (Kiernan shipka), bert copper (Robert morse), roger sterling (john slattery) along with other actors/actresses return to the show. One thing that I do like about the show is that the writing was done in a way to show the reality of what the characters were dealing with during the time period that the series is set in while trying to think outside of the box in how to treat their employees with respect and dignity. For instance, there is a scene where Don Draper is speaking to one of his female employees at his home regarding work related concerns and he insists on compensating her despite her reluctance to ask. There is then the character of joan harris who is called to deal with how to treat one of her employees with dignity when she is asked by bert cooper to move the employee to a less controversial spot. Joan harris is shown being naturally uncertain as to the best way to deal with the situation at first while taking care to treat the employee affected with dignity. The trailers that accompany this dvd set are for the following shoes; orange is the new black, weeds, Hannibal season 2, nurse Jackie, anger management, Houdini, manhattan, and epixdotcom. I plan to eventually purchase the boxed set version containing all of the mad men season series.

Tropic Thunder / Zoolander [Import]
Tropic Thunder / Zoolander [Import]
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 59.80
4 used & new from CDN$ 38.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Humoristic Thunder, Jan. 9 2015
It was an easy choice for me to purchase this double feature of Tropic Thunder and Zoolander at my job because of the five dollar price for two movies. Additionally, I’m lucky to be able to report that my husband and I previously had the chance to see the film Tropic Thunder back in 2008 when we were living in Norfolk Virginia (we had Seen Tropic Thunder together at a theater inside the macarthur center mall in Norfolk Virginia). Anyhow, this double feature set of Tropic Thunder and Zoolander comes with the movie trailers of The Soloist, Eagle Eye, National Lampoon’s Van Wilder, Van Wilder Freshman year, and Ghost Town. There are multiple funny things in Tropic Thunder such as the parody movie trailers for movies such as Skorchers and Satan’s Alley. Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Robert Downey jr. are some of the actors featured in Tropic Thunder. Tom Cruise is also one of the celebrities who makes an appearance in the movie as Les Grossman, an abrasive character who also happens to greatly love music (such as the chucklesome moments where he is shown doing his dances for the songs low by Flo Rida and Get Back by ludacrais). Zoolander stars Ben Stiller and Will Ferrell, with the accompanying bonus features; 5 deleted scenes with commentary by Ben Stiller, Extended Scenes with Commentary by Ben Stiller, Outtakes, 2 Original Skits from the VH1 Vogue Fashion Awards of 1996/1997, music Video of Start the Commotion by the Wiseguys, promotional spots, photo galleries, and end title

Ultra 2015
Ultra 2015
Price: CDN$ 12.99
26 used & new from CDN$ 11.53

5.0 out of 5 stars musically Edgy CD Set, Jan. 9 2015
This review is from: Ultra 2015 (Audio CD)
I admit to have initially discovering ultra 2015 on itunes around early December, but I was still undecided on whether or not to purchase the cd. I went ahead and purchased ultra 2015 on Sunday December 28th 2014 and I would have to say that this two cd set that has twelve songs on each cd turned out to be a fun purchase and I got the feeling akin to being at a lively party/energetic public event when I was playing these cds. Many of the songs have a club and trance beat to them yet come together brilliantly as an eclectic mix. There are multiple songs for many people who enjoy club music on these two cds and I obviously understand that the favorites may be completely different depending on the reviewer. However, I would have to say that my current favorites from ultra 2015 are; delirious (boneless) by steve aoki, chris lake,& tujamo feat. kid ink, blue sky action by above & beyond, five hours by deorro, our story (club mix) by mako, pulse by daddy’s groove feat. teammate, and shooting helicopters by benny benassi feat. serj tankian. Some of my favorite songs on cd two are my head is a jungle by wankelmut & emma louise, I’m your sacrifice by Ozark henry, cut your teeth by kyla grange, and worlds apart by seven lions feat. kerli.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30