ARRAY(0xa49b7af8)

Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 66

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "joyfulwoman2078"
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Swan Princess: A Royal Family Tale / La princesse des cygnes: conte d'une famille royale (Bilingual) - UltraViolet
DVD ~ Richard Rich
Price: CDN$ 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritual Test For Royalty, April 5 2014
I felt drawn to seeing The Swan Princess: A Royal Family Tale after spotting it through the redbox machine of my Walmart gig (during one of my work breaks).The Swan Princess: A Royal Family Tale is an animated movie that involves Odette and her husband Derek unintentionally becoming involved in a matter that calls for them to save their kingdom. They also both unintentionally become parents to a girl named Alise after she becomes orphaned.

Breakfast at Tiffany's (50th Anniversary Edition)
Breakfast at Tiffany's (50th Anniversary Edition)
DVD ~ Audrey Hepburn
Offered by BonnieScotland
Price: CDN$ 12.06
8 used & new from CDN$ 12.06

5.0 out of 5 stars High Society Parties, April 5 2014
Breakfast At Tiffany’s involves a woman who has impeccable social skills and manages to become known in high society circles. She meets a writer who becomes a major part of her life and contributes to her personal evolution. Audrey Hepburn plays this highly sociable woman while George Peppard plays the writer.

Adventure Time: The Complete Third Season
Adventure Time: The Complete Third Season
Price: CDN$ 26.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 26.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Finn and Jake’s Journeys, April 5 2014
I confess that I felt drawn to obtaining Adventure Time Season 3 after it was advertised at my job. I went ahead and purchased it through the Walmart’s Site to Store feature and eventually picked it up the dvd after work. This was also partially due to the fact that my husband and I have been watching this cartoon since 2011 (yes, I know that we are both adults). Adventure Time Season 3 has 26 episodes and some bonus commentaries. For instance, there is an interview of the creator of this series discussing his reasons for creating the cartoon in conjunction with many of those who comprise his viewing audience (parents, children,college students, many adults etc.). The 26 episodes are based on the ones created around 2011. There are multiple episodes that will appeal to various people. For example, my husband enjoyed one of the Fiona and Cake episodes and mentioned that it would be interesting if more episodes and/or a spinoff season were created around Fiona and her cat. Adventure Time Season 3 is also safe for all ages.

Adventures in the Afterlife
Adventures in the Afterlife
by William Buhlman
Price: CDN$ 22.20
15 used & new from CDN$ 19.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Celestial Journeys, April 5 2014
Adventures In Afterlife by William Bulham is a fiction book told through a spiritual slant and touches on the journey of Frank in the spirit realm. At first, Frank journeys to a world upon death that mirrors his beliefs and what he was taught (through his religion). He eventually discovers that the afterlife is actually subject to what a man or woman personally believes and that there are various worlds in the non-physical realm as there are souls. He also discovers that a soul can progress in the afterlife, but that they sometimes have to release and be aware that their human identity is not actually who they were. Frank also undergoes instruction that pertains to the theme of becoming a master at reality creation in relation to spiritual enlightenment. I also enjoyed how the author generously shares some of the processes for attaining personal goals and changes in life. There is so much more in this book that I listed and is perfect for those who have an open mind and are truth seekers. I plan to keep coming back to this book more often because of the information that the author generously shares with the tie in to spiritual enlightenment and reality creation.

Choices in the Afterlife: What We Can Do & Where We Can Go After Death
Choices in the Afterlife: What We Can Do & Where We Can Go After Death
by Gretchen Vogel
Price: CDN$ 16.33
13 used & new from CDN$ 4.16

5.0 out of 5 stars A Medium’s Perspective on Afterlife Communications, April 5 2014
Please know that my interest in the afterlife has little to do with my own mortality. I am actually in good health and prefer to live to be at least 85-110 years old. I say prefer because I am humbly aware that when I die may be different from the choice of my human egoic perspective. This book drew my attention because my soul hungers to know various truths in life. Choices in The Afterlife by Gretchen Vogel touches on the tenet that the afterlife that a person experiences is influenced by their current and past lifetimes. She shares some of the work that she has done for those still living and want to know how their loved ones are doing. However, my one caveat with this book is that she implies that the soul is pretty much on their own when crossing over (aside from being greeted by friends or family members). She concludes that one is probably not greeted by their spiritual helpers because her communications with other spirits do not suggest such a reality. I understand that this could be true and that a connection to the higher self is extremely vital. However, other texts that I have been exposed to suggest different realities of being greeted by spirit guides, angels, and other beings in relation to what a man or woman believed on earth. The point that I am making is that I just wish that she would have more strongly and frequently emphasized that what she experiences is only a subjective reality based on what she sees. In her defense, she did lightly touch on the fact that what she saw is not absolute truth. It is just that this emphasis that what she saw was not absolute truth could have been written more frequently in the book. Aside from this caveat, Choices in the Afterlife is told through a heartfelt manner.

Greatest Hits Vol. 1
Greatest Hits Vol. 1
Price: CDN$ 16.01
33 used & new from CDN$ 7.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Goo Goo Dolls Classics, April 5 2014
This review is from: Greatest Hits Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
Around 2-3 months ago,I spotted the Greatest Hits Vol. 1 by the Goo Goo Dolls at my Walmart job and purchased it due to it being just five dollars. This collection contains many of the songs that I am familiar with from my high school years (yes, I am showing my age). Slide is probably my favorite song from this collection. However, there is a song to enjoy for many people who like listening to 90’s alternative rock.

The Ultimate Collection
The Ultimate Collection
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 1.59
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Whitney Houston’s Musical Legacy, April 5 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
Ultimate Collection by Whitney Houston showcases many of the classics from the late singer’s career. I remember hearing many of these songs on the radio and seeing some of the music videos on television (her music was played a lot on the radio and television during the 90’s). There are 18 songs on this collection (I personally enjoy So Emotional and I’m Every Woman the most from this collection). Ultimate Collection by Whitney Houston is great for those who are open to listening to late 80’s, 90’s, and early 2000’s pop music.

Kiss Me Once [CD + DVD]
Kiss Me Once [CD + DVD]
Price: CDN$ 14.99
25 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Spring 2014 Kylie Minogue, April 5 2014
This review is from: Kiss Me Once [CD + DVD] (Audio CD)
At first, I was undecided on whether to purchase Kiss Me Once by Kylie Minogue due to the review I read in one of the local newspapers that I received and comparing it with another reviewer of a music website where I am a subscriber to their newsletter. I decided to go with my own intuition to obtain Kiss Me Once due to positive memories of hearing her music on my honeymoon back in early 2004. In my humble opinion, getting Kiss Me Once by Kylie Minogue was very much worth it because of the unique and enjoyable tracks that are reminiscent of not only my honeymoon but a fun and carefree life cycle that I had in the early 2000’s. There are many good songs on this collection. However, I enjoy tracks 4, 5, 10, 3, and 9 the most due to getting a sense of her creative and strong spirit shining the most through these tracks. The dvd portion of this edition also enhances this collection. Overall, Kiss Me One by Kylie Minogue is great to get if you are familiar with any of her previous works and/or enjoy dance/electronica music.

The Wind Rises
The Wind Rises
DVD ~ Hayao Miyazaki

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreams And Real-Life Collide, March 5 2014
This review is from: The Wind Rises (DVD)
The Wind Rises follows the story of an open-hearted airplane designer named Jiro who is also grappling with the realities of the world outside of his employment. He also falls in love with a female that he met in his younger years. Last, but not least, Jiro is frequently shown interacting with one of the famous airplane designers who first inspired him (sometimes through dreams). The Wind Rises is great for those who enjoy watching anime movies that contain elements of both love stories and adventure.

Princess Twins of Legendale [Import]
Princess Twins of Legendale [Import]
Price: CDN$ 16.71
16 used & new from CDN$ 10.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Journeys Of Two Princesses, March 5 2014
I confess that I rented “The Princess Twins of Legendale” after spotting the movie photo image via a Redbox rental machine at my Walmart job (during a scheduled lunch break). The Princess Twins of Legendale follow two sisters born into royal nobility and symbolize the power of day and night in their kingdom. They are born to a king and queen who dearly love each other, but end up being confronted by a woman (from the king’s past). This woman is a ruler in the night kingdom and wants revenge due to the king choosing the another to marry over her. This film is good for those who enjoy animated films similar to the Frozen film. The Princess Twins of Legendale list Kara DioGuardi for some of the music credits and also contain these bonuses:
Bonus Webisodes of Bratzilla Academy (Glam Gets Wicked) cartoons that are divided into multiple cartoons with these titles: Furry Frenzy, Double Trouble, In The Big Screen, and Midnight Beach. The Special features include movie trailer advertisements for the following children’s films: Lalaloopsy: A Sew Magical Tale and CareBears: A BellyBadge for Wonderheart.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20