Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 106

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "luckywoman2078"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey
DVD ~ Dakota Johnson
Price: CDN$ 19.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Amorous Affair Movie, Feb. 14 2015
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (DVD)
It was watching the trailer for Fifty Shades of Grey while with my husband to see Guardians of The Galaxy that prompted my interest in seeing the Fifty Shades of Grey Film. Basically, the character of Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) draws the interest of Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson) during an interview for an article. The pros; There is much steamy and smoldering passion between Steele and Grey because they feel a strong mutual and romantic attraction to each other. Additionally, the torrid erotic scenes between them are believable and bring the story characters to life. Viewers get a sense of how being in a relationship (whether married or not) can change a person because both Steele and Grey experience personal transformations in how they approach life (the longer they get to know each other). The cons; There is an abundance of Steele and Grey getting together in private to consummate their passion, yet there is not enough of them getting out enough to enjoy life more(such as camping in the outdoors, linking up for a spiritual community, volunteer pursuits, education pursuits, going to low cost and/or other types of events such as dances, parties, community/ political speaking meetings etc.). However, in the author’s defense, I still have yet to purchase the other books so maybe there is Steele getting out more and enjoying life more frequently independent of Grey. Aside from that caveat, the Fifty Shades of Grey film is a well-timed Valentine’s Day release due to the smoldering passion between the Steele and Grey characters.

Fifty Shades of Grey (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Fifty Shades of Grey (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Price: CDN$ 12.00
32 used & new from CDN$ 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamy and Smoldering Music Selections, Feb. 14 2015
After hearing the compelling song of Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding on youtube, I became interested in purchasing The Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack (which I did on January 30, 2015). There are multiple appealing songs on this Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack that combine the music sensibilities of Electronica, Jazz, Chillout, pop etc. Please know that there are other songs on this cd that I do enjoy listening to (such as the renditions of Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding, Beyonce’s Haunted, and Salted Wound by Sia). However, I have to admit that my current favorites from this Fifty Shades of Grey movie soundtrack would be “I Put A Spell On You” by Annie Lennox and “One Last Night” by Vaults. This Fifty Shades of Grey movie soundtrack is perfect for those who have an eclectic taste in music that has subtle love affair themes.

Now That's What I Call Movies
Now That's What I Call Movies
Price: CDN$ 20.02
21 used & new from CDN$ 12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Music Variation That Blends Well Together, Feb. 14 2015
Now That’s What I Call Movies cd is another pre-order selection that I bought on January 30, 2015. I ordered this cd due to some of my passions involving music and movies. Additionally, I pre-ordered Now That’s What I Call Movies because I have purchased and still continue to enjoy Now music compilations (various editions from both the United States and United Kingdom). There is an eclectic mix of music on this edition of Now That’s What I Call movies (artists featuring Bruno Mars For Twilight, Bruce Springsteen For Streets of Philadelphia, Celine Dion for Titanic, Phil Collins For Against All Odds, rendition of Almost Paradise by Mike Reno feat. Ann Wilson for Footloose, artist Seal for Batman Forever, Elton John, Anna Kendrick etc.). My husband’s current favorite song is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen while my current favorites from Now That’s What I Call Movies are Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor (for the Rocky III movie), Happy by Pharrell Williams (for the Despicable Me 2 film), and Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins (for the Top Gun movie). From the wide diversity and music styles (soft rock, rock, pop, dance, country etc) of the artists/groups/musicians mentioned, one can infer that Now That’s What I Call Movies is a collection that is suitable for men and women who have a variety of musical preferences/tastes.

Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate Spread (750g)
Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate Spread (750g)
Offered by Marvellous Group
Price: CDN$ 13.69
2 used & new from CDN$ 12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouthwatering Hazelnut and Cocoa Flavors In A Jar, Feb. 14 2015
Reluctantly, I admit to impulsively purchasing this 13 ounce jar of Nutella at my job on the morning of Sunday February 8, 2015. I saw an on the go version of Nutella with graham sticks and got the idea of trying the jar of Nutella as a way to satisfy my chocolate craving. Anyhow, I tried this Nutella spread at home with peanut butter and bread, and the combination of the peanut butter and bread brought out the rich chocolate hazelnut taste of Nutella even more. I confess that I am also familiar with the taste of Nutella because I have ordered and enjoyed the Nutella and Bananas Crepes at iHop restaurants in this area. However, I remember first eating Nutella and banana Crepes at an IHop restaurant in Norfolk Virginia.

Liquid Luck: The Good Fortune Handbook
Liquid Luck: The Good Fortune Handbook
by Joe Gallenberger
Price: CDN$ 14.40
24 used & new from CDN$ 11.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fortune Manual, Jan. 24 2015
After a recent talk with someone that accepts me, I must preface this review by sharing that I do not write these reviews by showing off what I’m blessed with. Instead, I share the reviews, especially my book reviews, as a way of showing the topics that have caught the interest of my spirit/higher self and indirectly showcasing my gratitude for the abundance of information that is frequently being sent my way towards enriching my life more and more each day. I’m fortunate to have accidently discovered that my increased focus on the good luck that is already in my life is helping to heal my karma from both my past lives and current lifetime as well as opening my receptivity to more good luck in my life and a stronger/deeper connection to my higher self. This purchase of the book Liquid Luck; The Good Fortune Handbook by Joseph Gallenberger, PH.D. (listed to be the author of Inner Vegas) is inspired by the heightened blessing of noticing the good luck in my life more and more each day. Happiness And Grounding (starts on page 1), Liquid Luck meditation as it related to love (starts on page 53), Dragons Guarding Treasure (starts on page 97), and Tales of Treasure/Success Stories (starts on page 103) are some of the multiple features of the Liquid Luck Handbook by Joseph Gallenberger PH.D. He also includes recommended readings that start on page 145 and offers a Liquid luck meditation cd on his website to complement this book. I admit that have purchased the Liquid Luck meditation cd and I felt more of a heightened sense of being ready and willing to face various facets of my life just after the first time of listening to the cd. Obtaining this book and cd was also important to me because I intend to be able to visit the Monroe Institute within the next 5 years at the latest.

Touched By Heavens Light
Touched By Heavens Light
by Brad Steiger
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
25 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired By The Energy of The Higher Worlds of Light, Jan. 24 2015
Touched By Heaven’s Light; Inspiring Glimpses Into The Afterlife by Brad Steiger and Sherry Hansen Steiger contains multiple stories of men and women who shared their stories of what they saw when they underwent near death experiences and glimpsed heaven. However, I’m happy to say that this book is worth it to me because it helped provide me positive confirmation that it is fine to still have a goal of living to be at least 85 years old in this current lifetime while simultaneously keeping a spiritual and heavenly focus. For instance, there is also practical information on page 115 on how a person can increase their spiritual fulfillment/growth goals through meditating at least 15-20 minutes each day. Page 160 features information that confirms that it is actually natural and a vital component of spiritual growth to want to visit and experience being in heaven. Pages 167-168 features details that indicate that heaven contains various and refined duplicates of earth. Pages 169-170 feature information to indicate that spirits are able to travel instantly, there are no limitations of time and space in heaven, and that like minded people gravitate towards each other. I take this to mean that people feel more safe and find it easier to gather with people that are kindred spirits because the authors quote that there is not a trace of pretentiousness in heaven (other spirits can see past illusions and motives in heaven).

American Sniper / Tireur d'Elite Americain (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
Price: CDN$ 24.96

5.0 out of 5 stars The Life and Emotional Trials of Chris Kyle And His Family, Jan. 24 2015
As many already know, The American Sniper film stars Bradley Cooper as Chris Kyle and Sienna Miller as Taya Renae Kyle. Chris Kyle becomes both pivotal and important in his job due to his skills as an American Sniper while balancing his career as a navy seal with being the best family man he can for his wife, son, and daughter. One must have a strong stomach to see The American Sniper because there are heartbreaking moments in the film such as the grizzly scene where a man native to Afghanistan known as “the butcher” tortures an innocent male child(young boy) before he dies by intentionally pushing him down on the hard ground and driving a drill through his head. As mentioned in the media, the film also shows a glimpse of the reality the many deployed members of the military face when both deployed, being married and/or raising children through showing what Chris Kyle and his wife Taya Renae Kyle go through as they navigate the circumstances of Chris Kyle having to go on multiple tours.

The New World (Widescreen) (Bilingual)
The New World (Widescreen) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Colin Farrell
Price: CDN$ 12.95
24 used & new from CDN$ 1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars A Piece Of Early Virginia History, Jan. 24 2015
A recent feeling to explore movies, music, and/or other media to further understand my Native American/Menominee Indian heritage (inherited from my biological mother and maternal grandmother) is what prompted me to watch The New World movie (even if the movies are about other American Indian tribes) starring Colin Farrell (as Captain John Smith) and Qorianka Kilcher (as Pocahontas). I found out about The New World movie from a 2012 article on the Forbes website (I intend to update the article and writer by March or earlier). Christian Bale (plays John Rolfe) also makes an appearance in the The New World movie. The setting of the New World movie opens in the year 1607 in Virginia. The tension between the Powatan Native American Tribes and the English born settlers starts to show early in the movie. Without giving too much in the movie, the beginning shows how both groups at first got along despite the language barrier and tension. The film even showed that Pocahantas and other members of her tribe were instrumental in helping the settlers with their food challenge when they were all in grave danger of starving to death. I want to say more, but feel intuitively guided to avoid doing so for those who have yet to see The New World movie.

17-Movie - Featuring Kiefer Sutherland [Import]
17-Movie - Featuring Kiefer Sutherland [Import]
Price: CDN$ 25.16
12 used & new from CDN$ 12.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Action Pack Movie Set, Jan. 24 2015
Either this past Friday night (January 16) or Saturday night (January 17) was when I purchased this 17 movie set on four dvds from my Walmart job for just five dollars. My husband thinks it might have more likely been this past Friday night (January 16th). The front of the dvd cover includes a photo of Kiefer Sutherland and the back of the dvd photo includes Keanu Reeves and Dolph Lundgren. I admit that I did not have time to watch all the movies yet. However, I intend to update this review by March 2015 on a longer review for all 17 of the movies. So far, I have only watched CIA II; Target Alexa (starring Lorenzo Llamas, Kathleen Kinmont, and Jon Savage). In CIA II the character of Mark Graver (Lorenzo Lamas) teams up with Alexa (Kathleen Kinmount) to take care of some unfinished business involving Franz Kluge (John Salvage). Kluge is a very dangerous man, especially because his female partner in crime is just as violent, if not more so than he is. What complicates matters is the fact that Alexa and Kluge are strongly linked because Alexa became pregnant by Kluge and had a daughter named Tanya. However, the catch to the dvd set is that none of the three men on the dvd cover (Kiefer Sutherland, Keanu Reeves, and Dolph Lundgren) are not necessarily in every movie featured such as CIA II. The following are the other 16 movies listed for those who understandably would like to decide before March on whether or not to get this 17 movie dvd set; 1-Brotherhood of Justice, Black Jack, Choke, The Contract, Crosshairs, Alone In The Neon Jungle, South Bronx Heroes, Zero Tolerance, Tunnel Vision, Spenser; Pale Kings & Princes, Nightmare At Bittercreek, The Fall, Crash Landing, Burning Daylight, Running Red, and Second Story Man.

Unleash the Psychic in You
Unleash the Psychic in You
by Joanna Garzilli

5.0 out of 5 stars Unveil The Clairvoyant Side, Jan. 24 2015
A determination and intent to grow my budding and natural intuitive faculties motivated me to purchase Unleash The Psychic Within You; How To Trust Your Intuition For Success by Joanna Garzilli (2nd Edition). How her world was turned upside down (starts on page 1), the connection between intuition and indecision free decision making (starts on page 43), and using intuition/personal visionary traits within to remove blocks, limitations, and see past the illusions (starts on page 79).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20