Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 116

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "luckywoman2078"
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Moon Spotlight Coastal Virginia
Moon Spotlight Coastal Virginia
by Michaela Riva Gaaserud
Price: CDN$ 10.33
35 used & new from CDN$ 2.36

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brief Yet Content Packed Hampton Roads Area Guide, March 19 2015
I must preface this book review of Moon Spotlight Coastal Virginia (Including Colonial Williamsburg) by Michaela Rivera Gaaserud via mentioning that my interest in looking into living in various places across the U.S. is independent from the fact that both my husband and I have mutually agreed on following our shared intent to settle/reside in the Washington D.C. area together by the time we are both in our 60’s (preferably traditional employment as my first choice until at least my mid 50’s, and self-employment after age 58 or later if spiritually up to me). I say spiritually up to me because I’m humbly aware that many men and women are sometimes forced to fend for themselves via self-employment (for a myriad of reasons) due to the competitive employment market even for minimum wage/private sector jobs(such as the case in the Washington D.C. area). We (my husband and I) both actually enjoy living in the Washington D.C. area and a long distance marriage would only be our last resort (due to economic necessity). I prefer to avoid publicly sharing our various reasons why, but I obviously intend to keep the longevity of my marriage in mind when weighing a relocation and/or career decision and must avoid saying anything further out of consideration for my husband, mother-in-law, allowing ample time to notify my employer, any concerned friends, any concerned family members etc. Information on Williamsburg and The Historic Triangle is found on pages 26-27 and includes information on the Yorktown National Battlefield Visitor Center. House, condo rentals, and restaurant information on Virginia Beach are details of note that encompass pages 49-57. Chrysler Hall, The Virginia Zoo, Naval Station Norfolk, The Hampton Roads Naval Museum, Nauticus National Maritime Center, Battleship Wisconsin (all between pages 44-45), and the Norfolk International Airport (page 57)are among some of the multiple attractions mentioned within the Moon Spotlight Coastal Guide Virginia book (including Colonial Williamsburg) by Michaela Rivera Gaaserud.

Royal Dansk Danish Butter Cookies, 12 Ounce Tins (Pack of 4) by Royal Dansk [Foods]
Offered by Global Depot--Ship From USA
Price: CDN$ 128.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Cookies With Just the Right Amount of Sweetness, March 19 2015
I admit that my food weakness for cookies and chips are what influenced me to buy and try this 12 ounce tin of Royal Dansk Danish Butter Cookies from my job. Obviously, these appetizing cookies are more for those who care more about taste than calories. These cookies do in fact have a smooth creamy taste (from the butter) and are enclosed in white circular paper wrappings to retain freshness.

Kingsman: The Secret Service (Bilingual)
Kingsman: The Secret Service (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Colin Firth
Price: CDN$ 27.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingsman; The Secret Service Adventures/Exploits, March 14 2015
I admit that I had another movie in mind as I was preparing my plans this week to catch a theater flick. However, I was determined to bring my husband, who insisted that we see this movie first and the other movie later (in return for him complying to see a movie with me). I went ahead and agreed to see the Kingsman; The Secret Service and was pleasantly surprised by the intriguing plot. Galahad (Colin Firth) is an experienced and dignified Kingsman agent who takes great pride in his job. What appears to be a chance meeting between Galahad and Eggsy (Taron Egerton) results in a professional and personal alliance that brings out the best in both of them. The Kingsman; The Secret Service characters of Merlin (Mark Strong) and King Arthur (Michael Caine) are also pivotal in helping Galahad in certain professional endeavors. Richmond Valentine (Samuel Jackson) is a highly influential, affluent, and famous man who ends up on the visual radar of Galahad after a certain situation transpires involving Professor James Arnold (Mark Hamill). However, Galahad has his work cut out for him because Valentine also has a talented and lethal femme fatale named Gazelle (Sofia Boutella) in his corner and loyally by his side. A glimpse of what foreshadows Richmond Valentine’s worldly aims is shown when he is in a meeting with Princess Tilde (Hanna Alstrom) and the Scandinavian Prime minister (Bjorn Floberg).

Rebel Heart(Super Dlx)
Rebel Heart(Super Dlx)
Price: CDN$ 34.93
26 used & new from CDN$ 27.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique Music Heartbeat, March 14 2015
This review is from: Rebel Heart(Super Dlx) (Audio CD)
I admit that I purchased this super deluxe edition of Rebel Heart Madonna due to my strong interest and passion for Madonna’s music (Madonna’s hard candy cd is actually my first ever online review, back in June 2008). Additionally, I first started to purchase her music around the time I was 14 years old. Anyhow, there is a strong range of music to enjoy on this super deluxe edition of Rebel heart by Madonna whether you are a fan or a novice to her purchasing her music. Disc one has 19 songs on the first cd and contain a blend of pop, electronica, euro-dance, and R&B. Disco two is a music continuation of that music blend with 6 songs. There are songs that will appeal to men and women from various walks of life due to the range of life themes inherent in the songs such as track 6; Unapologetic B (for heartbreak) and track 8 Joan of Arc (to express the happy and more optimistic side of life). I’m more than aware that even among Madonna fans, the listed favorite songs are going to contrast depending on the person. My current favorite songs on this Super deluxe edition of Rebel Heart by Madonna are; Ghosttown, Devil Pray, Iconic (featuring Chance the Rapper & Mike Tyson), and Messiah. However, regardless of whether you are a fan or new to buying Madonna’s music, Rebel Heart by Madonna is perfect for those who have an eclectic taste in music involving pop, dance, electronica, R&B, and/or for those who just want to hear versatile music.

Newcomer's Handbook for Moving to and Living in Los Angeles: Including Santa Monica, Orange County, Pasadena, and the San Fernando Valley
by Heidi Deal
2 used & new from CDN$ 90.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Los Angeles Area Relocation Primer, March 14 2015
I must preface this review by mentioning that my interest in looking into living in various places across the U.S. is independent from the fact that both my husband and I have mutually agreed on following our shared intent to settle/reside in the Washington D.C. area together by the time we are both in our 60’s (a long distance marriage would only be a last resort for economic reasons). However, I have been looking at various books of places across the U.S. because it has recently occurred to me (just yesterday) that my husband and I both have equal opportunity in keeping our career/professional options open in terms of moving for work and then moving back to the D.C. area years from now after certain financial, educational, and /or professional/career goals are accomplished(if necessary for a myriad of reasons). However, I wish to avoid saying anything further out of respect and consideration for my husband, my mother-in-law, my concerned family members, my friends, allowing ample time to let my employer know etc. This Newcomer’s Handbook for Moving To and Living In Los Angeles by Heidi Deal, Joan Wai, and Holly Tri (6th edition including Santa Monica, Orange County, Pasadena, and the San Fernando Valley). The feature on neighborhoods such as Orange County’s Yorba Linda, Fullerton (pages 122-123), additional relocation and moving information (pages 151-152), radio stations while getting settled as well as newspapers/magazines (pages166-167), and cultural life (pages 236-237) feature in this guide. There are also written inclusions of luxury living, middle range lodgings, and inexpensive lodgings on pages 328-332. Last, but not least, there is a section on useful phone numbers and websites (pages 359-373 as well as much more information in this book).

So Undercover (Bilingual)
So Undercover (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Miley Cyrus
Price: CDN$ 6.88
7 used & new from CDN$ 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Undercover College Woman, March 14 2015
This review is from: So Undercover (Bilingual) (DVD)
I unexpectedly came across the So Undercover movie and was glad to have done so. The character of Molly Morris/Brook Stonebridge (Miley Cyrus) greatly enjoys her job as a private investigator. Molly Morris professionally works alongside her father Sam Morris (Mike O’ Malley) and the movie shows how evident it is that they have a healthy and strong father and daughter connection. However, even Morris’s close connection with her father does not prepare her for an accidental meeting with Armon Ranford (Jeremy Priven). Armon Ranford is aware of Molly Morris’s talent and intends to recruit her for an important project involving a sorority consisting of multiple wealthy sorority females at a popular college somewhere in the American south. In order to conduct her mission discreetly, Molly Morris is encouraged to pose as an undercover student transferring from the University of Hawaii. I admit that I would be receptive to the idea of seeing Miley Cyrus in future films.

Oreo Fudge Cremes Mint Sandwich Cookies, 11.3 Ounce (Pack of 3) by Oreo
Oreo Fudge Cremes Mint Sandwich Cookies, 11.3 Ounce (Pack of 3) by Oreo
Offered by Global Depot--Ship From USA
Price: CDN$ 111.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Mint Taste and Oreo married together, March 14 2015
As mentioned in previous reviews, my husband’s interest in oreo cookies predispose me to sometimes buying oreo cookies. I purchased these mint oreo fudge crème (11.3 ounce) from my job. These mint oreos have a taste of a girl scout thin mint cookie mixed with the cream texture found in oreos. There are also tasty hints of almost biting into a cookie reminiscent of andes thin mint chocolate pieces.

Fifty Shades of Grey (Bilingual)
Fifty Shades of Grey (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Dakota Johnson
Price: CDN$ 19.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Amorous Affair Movie, Feb. 14 2015
It was watching the trailer for Fifty Shades of Grey while with my husband to see Guardians of The Galaxy that prompted my interest in seeing the Fifty Shades of Grey Film. Basically, the character of Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan) draws the interest of Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson) during an interview for an article. The pros; There is much steamy and smoldering passion between Steele and Grey because they feel a strong mutual and romantic attraction to each other. Additionally, the torrid erotic scenes between them are believable and bring the story characters to life. Viewers get a sense of how being in a relationship (whether married or not) can change a person because both Steele and Grey experience personal transformations in how they approach life (the longer they get to know each other). The cons; There is an abundance of Steele and Grey getting together in private to consummate their passion, yet there is not enough of them getting out enough to enjoy life more(such as camping in the outdoors, linking up for a spiritual community, volunteer pursuits, education pursuits, going to low cost and/or other types of events such as dances, parties, community/ political speaking meetings etc.). However, in the author’s defense, I still have yet to purchase the other books so maybe there is Steele getting out more and enjoying life more frequently independent of Grey. Aside from that caveat, the Fifty Shades of Grey film is a well-timed Valentine’s Day release due to the smoldering passion between the Steele and Grey characters.

Fifty Shades of Grey (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Fifty Shades of Grey (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Price: CDN$ 12.00
36 used & new from CDN$ 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Steamy and Smoldering Music Selections, Feb. 14 2015
After hearing the compelling song of Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding on youtube, I became interested in purchasing The Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack (which I did on January 30, 2015). There are multiple appealing songs on this Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack that combine the music sensibilities of Electronica, Jazz, Chillout, pop etc. Please know that there are other songs on this cd that I do enjoy listening to (such as the renditions of Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding, Beyonce’s Haunted, and Salted Wound by Sia). However, I have to admit that my current favorites from this Fifty Shades of Grey movie soundtrack would be “I Put A Spell On You” by Annie Lennox and “One Last Night” by Vaults. This Fifty Shades of Grey movie soundtrack is perfect for those who have an eclectic taste in music that has subtle love affair themes.

Now That's What I Call Movies
Now That's What I Call Movies
Price: CDN$ 19.42
23 used & new from CDN$ 13.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Music Variation That Blends Well Together, Feb. 14 2015
Now That’s What I Call Movies cd is another pre-order selection that I bought on January 30, 2015. I ordered this cd due to some of my passions involving music and movies. Additionally, I pre-ordered Now That’s What I Call Movies because I have purchased and still continue to enjoy Now music compilations (various editions from both the United States and United Kingdom). There is an eclectic mix of music on this edition of Now That’s What I Call movies (artists featuring Bruno Mars For Twilight, Bruce Springsteen For Streets of Philadelphia, Celine Dion for Titanic, Phil Collins For Against All Odds, rendition of Almost Paradise by Mike Reno feat. Ann Wilson for Footloose, artist Seal for Batman Forever, Elton John, Anna Kendrick etc.). My husband’s current favorite song is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen while my current favorites from Now That’s What I Call Movies are Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor (for the Rocky III movie), Happy by Pharrell Williams (for the Despicable Me 2 film), and Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins (for the Top Gun movie). From the wide diversity and music styles (soft rock, rock, pop, dance, country etc) of the artists/groups/musicians mentioned, one can infer that Now That’s What I Call Movies is a collection that is suitable for men and women who have a variety of musical preferences/tastes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20