Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 65

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "joyfulwoman2078"
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Education of a Guardian Angel: Knowing Guides and Developing Relationships with Them
by Annie Stillwater Gray
Price: CDN$ 16.61
28 used & new from CDN$ 14.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A Love Match Literally Made On Earth and In Heaven, July 23 2014
I confess that I purchased Education Of A Guardian Angel by Annie Stillwater Gray on exactly Friday July 4, 2014 and received it by Wednesday July 9, 2014. So far, I have reached paged 437 (as the writer’s spirit guide gets ready to take his finals on the spirit guide plane within a spirit guide university)of this very original 597 page book. However, I intend to finish it this week and post an updated review within six months (intuitively, I feel guided to do this because it would give me time to post an update after reading it at least 2-3 more times). I discovered this book via a personalized book recommendation on Amazon U.S. (probably due to my previous interest in books about the afterlife, heaven, guardian angels, spirit guides, spirit helpers, the higher self/soul, strengthening/developing the power of my imagination, increasing my intuition etc.). Please know that I humbly admit that I’m aware that others may question whether or not I’m crazy for posting this review and endorsing this book. However, my own interest in deepening my own relationship/connection with my higher self/spirit helpers/guardian angels/spirit guides compelled me to purchase this book. I do not dub myself as a person who knows it all and/or spiritual guru (I humbly admit that the more I learn, the more I realize that there is still so much for me to know). Additionally, I’m mainly sharing this book as more of a wayshower and/or messenger to the uniqueness of Education Of A Guardian Angel by Annie Stillwater Gray. With those caveats out of the way, I feel guided to share some of the astonishing details included in this book:
A soul must gain the right to become a spirit guide, but is also obviously given a choice on whether they are willing to take on the task. The spirit guide’s role is to help their assigned human successfully navigate the challenges and gifts of earth life. One of their missions in sharing this book and their story is to fulfill their life purposes in helping other humans on earth to connect with their spirit guides. The author gives acknowledgement to fellow writer Dolores Cannon and Ozark Mountain Publishing for helping her book to become a published reality.
Gray’s spirit guide’s name is currently Darcimon Stillwater (he’s had multiple names) and his last earth incarnation was during Jane Austen’s time (his death was in 1836). He was alive in England from 1785 to 1836. He is the author’s assigned spirit guide due to the great love they shared with each other during multiple earth lifetimes (with one of their earliest incarnations starting in Egypt). More details of their love story are obviously included in this book.
Page 324: Annie Stillwater Gray and her spirit guide (Darcimon Stillwater) have a soul/spirit contract to fulfill via helping other humans make strong connections with their spirit guides. One reason is due to helping others make the connection to their personal karma and what they are meant to do while alive (which from what I more clearly understand via this book is that connecting to one’s spirit guides helps to more men and women be more aware of their divine life contracts). The medium/channel of intuition is one of the multiple tools that spirit guides use to help humans. The book emphasizes that every last person living on this earth (regardless of who they are) has at least one spirit guide assigned to help them.
Spirit guides can more easily help a person if their assigned human is aware of their presence and more easily open to the signs of assistance that are being sent their (the human being’s) way. One of Darcimon Stillwater’s “training” sessions involve him being an apprentice to other spirit guides during a major world war where French prisoners are being held in a German prison camp (although I reluctantly admit that I’m still in the process of making out whether the setting is during WWI or WWII). The spirit guide (Darcimon Stillwater) is an apprentice to another spirit guide named Sashma. Sashma is watching over a French prisoner named Frederic that is being held in a cell and endured harsh interrogation from one of the high ranking German officers. I’m guessing the time period may be WWII because the Third Reich is briefly referenced (chapter 11).
I admit that the author got me interested in taking up painting more as a creative outlet/hobby when she was sharing one of her experiences with painting (on one of the spirit guide planes) prior to her current incarnation (page 434). I once came across a book called Brave Intuitive Painting (via a personalized Amazon U.S. recommendation) by Flora S. Bowley, but held off on buying it because I was uncertain on if such a book would be for me. However, the author’s (Annie Stillwater Gray) sharing of channeling her creativity via painting inspired me to explore my creativity via painting and to consider purchasing Brave Intuitive Painting (within 5-6 months).
There is much more enthralling details included in this book for those who are spiritually hungry to know more on how spirit guide communication flows.

Masters of Sex: The Complete First Season [Import]
Masters of Sex: The Complete First Season [Import]
Offered by kwality-mart
Price: CDN$ 32.99
15 used & new from CDN$ 32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pioneering Analysis of Relationships, July 23 2014
At times, I look at Yahoo news online and my free local newspaper for ideas on what might be good to watch (in ways of television and/or movies). However, I have to credit finding out about Masters Of (starring Martin Sheen and Lizzy Caplan) through Entertainment Weekly magazine around 3-4 weeks ago. I was looking through Entertainment Weekly magazine during one of my scheduled lunch breaks during my overnight shift at work when I spotted an article about the Masters Of television show (starring Martin Sheen and Lizzy Caplan) and pictures of scenes from the show. The author of the article wrote it in a way that persuaded me to know more about the show and eventually purchased the dvd on July 3, 2014. The twelve episodes keep one at suspense and the dvd has a jacket that features a brief summary of what each of the 12 episodes are about. Please know that I only have the intent of respect for their real-life partners. However, the scenes of some of the “research work” going on between Martin Sheen’s character of Dr. Masters and Lizzy Caplan’s character of Virginia Johnson highlight strong chemistry and an off the chart dose of intense passion/ steam. Beau Bridges, Caitlin Fitzgerald, Teddy Sears, and Nicholas D’Agosto are listed on the back of the dvd as some of the actors and actresses on Masters Of(the third word is left out due the fact that I’m concerned that writing the third word may clash with Amazon’s terms of profanity in written words) . The back of the dvd also features pictures of the various actors and actresses that are featured in the show. The front of the dvd shows the picture of Martin Sheen as Dr. Masters and Lizzy Caplan as Virginia Johnson. There is a quoted text of the Rolling Stone magazine review of the Masters Of dvd calling this television show “The Best New Show” while the TV guide review on the back says “stimulating and satisfying.” Disc one contains the first three episodes, disco two features episodes 4-6, disc three has episodes 7-9, and the fourth disc has the last three episodes. The following are the special features included within the four dvds for the Masters Of television show:
Cast & Crew Commentary On the Pilot Episode

The Man who Tapped the Secrets of the Universe by Clark, Glenn (2011) Paperback
The Man who Tapped the Secrets of the Universe by Clark, Glenn (2011) Paperback
by Glenn Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Major Accomplishments, July 23 2014
The Man Who Tapped The Secrets Of the Universe by Glen Clark tells the story of Walter Russell, a man of many accomplishments. Among some of the interesting details in this book:
Page 16: Despite not formally studying architecture,he was credited to have designed and build twenty million dollars worth of buildings in New York City such as: the Hotel des Artistes on West 67th street, the first Hotel Pierre occupying a whole Park Avenue between 48th and 49th Streets, Alwyn Court at 58th and Seventh Avenue, and the Gothic Studio opposite the Museum of Natural History on 79th street. Russell is also credited with the duplex studio apartment idea.
Page 17: He had been elected President of the Society of Arts and Sciences around the time that a medal was to be given out to Thomas Edison. He did a portrait sculpture for Thomas Edison and eventually portrait busts for other people stemming from the success of the Edison sculpture (page 18).
Walter Russell is also listed towards the end of the book as having been a guest at the White House, first as an official painter and then as an official sculptor.

Venture Bros. Season 3
Venture Bros. Season 3
Price: CDN$ 29.70
21 used & new from CDN$ 23.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Many Rides of Life Involving The Venture Family And Employees, July 23 2014
This review is from: Venture Bros. Season 3 (DVD)
I admit that my husband got me interested in watching the Venture Brothers series. I watch this and other cartoons both as a way of stimulating and increasing my current creativity and for further understanding my husband’s likes and inner world. Both of us watch a wide range of tv shows just with different perspectives. For example, my tv watching interests lean towards the range of Adventure Time (which I got my husband interested in), Merlin, Masters Of (the show starring Martin Sheen and Lizzy Caplan: I must leave out the second word to the name of the show due to Amazon’s term of posting what might be considered profane), Sherlock, Mad Men, Devious Maids,Entourage, Scandal, House of Cards, Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony, The Care Bears, Winx Club,Witches Of East End, Once Upon A Time, Charmed, Wizards of Wavery Place, Naruto, Avatar, Absolutely Fabulous, A Bit Of Fry & Laurie, The Black Adder, Alice In Wonderland etc. In contrast, my husband’s tv interests lean towards the following shows: Red vs. Blue, Castle, Lucy: Daughter Of The Devil, Futurama, Ugly Americans, Burn Notice, Archer, Neighbors From Hell, Phineas and Ferb, Dr. Who, Robot Chicken, Family Guy, American Dad, Animaniacs, Chowder, Creature Comforts etc. We started out watching some of the beginning episodes of Venture Brothers together and he persuaded me to start watching season 3. My husband has multiple seasons of Venture Brothers on his itunes account and already watched many of the episodes across the different seasons of this series. However, he was willing to re-watch season 3 with me. The one episode from season 3 that sticks out the most to me was when Rusty Venture was trying to secure an important deal with a high ranking military official. He was not able to do so, but some “stranger” came to Rusty Venture’s rescue willing to look after his sons and rehabilitate the business. The stranger also had some interesting superpowers that facilitated the ability of Rusty being hypnotized back to his childhood to uncover the subconscious program. Unearthing this hidden psychological software indirectly related to why Rusty Venture needed assistance to begin with. Towards the end of this episode, I was still trying to guess where exactly this stranger came from and even asked my husband since he was already familiar with the show. Venture Brothers season 3 is best for those who are fine with watching adult themed cartoons.

2014 Grammy Nominees
2014 Grammy Nominees
Price: CDN$ 14.99
43 used & new from CDN$ 11.10

5.0 out of 5 stars 2014 Grammy Medley, July 23 2014
This review is from: 2014 Grammy Nominees (Audio CD)
I purchased this Grammy Awards 2014 cd around at least 3-4 months ago at my Walmart job. There are 18 songs on this cd from some of today’s popular artists across various music genres. For instance, the GrammyAwards 2014 cd starts out with the “Locked Out of Heaven” pop/rock song by Bruno Mars and ends with the contemporary country song “Take A Little Ride” by Jason Aldean. Grammy Awards 2014 is great for those who like to listen to an eclectic range of music by various artists.

Caress moisturizing body wash, Daily silk - 18 oz
Caress moisturizing body wash, Daily silk - 18 oz
Offered by DAILY SUPPLY
Price: CDN$ 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fragrant Bodywash that also Smoothes the Skin, July 23 2014
I bought this Caress White Peach and Silky Orange Bodywash from my place of employment due to this bodywash being one of my favorite products to shower with (I have also used and enjoyed the Caress White Peach and Silky Orange Blossom soap) . This Caress White Peach and Silky Orange Bodywash smells pleasant while simultaneously cleaning and moisturizing the skin.

Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & hibiscus Curling Souffle 12oz by Sundial Brands [Beauty]

5.0 out of 5 stars Softens Hair, July 23 2014
I use this Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Souffle (contains Agave Nectar & Flax Seed Oil) as a hair moisturizing agent (combined with the Crème of Nature Argan Oil Styke & Shine Foaming Mousse). I spotted this product at my Walmart job and decided to take a chance with it after noticing the listing that it was for thick curly hair. I planned on relaxing my hair that week and decided to take a chance with purchasing this product and I’m glad that I did. I applied The Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Souffle in my hair after I was done shampooing and conditioning my hair. The product blended well into my hair and left it pleasantly smooth. From my experience, this product is also good for relaxed hair types and/or those who must wash (shampoo and condition)their hair every day and/or every other day at the least (I happen to have hair that must be washed daily and/or every other day regardless of if it is in its naturally curly or chemically relaxed state).

Dark & Lovely Relaxer Kit Super (Haarbehandlungen)
Dark & Lovely Relaxer Kit Super (Haarbehandlungen)
Offered by DAILY SUPPLY
Price: CDN$ 11.17
2 used & new from CDN$ 11.17

5.0 out of 5 stars This Dark And Lovely Relaxer Does Work Well, July 23 2014
I must preface this review by stating that I do believe that beauty comes in all skin complexions, hair textures, hair lengths, and whether one has worn a hair weave or not. Additionally, I strive to only relax my hair after at least 6-8 months after the last straightening (the last time I had my hair relaxed was around November 2013 and the last time was during April 2012). Due to this, I can understand that my results may differ from others who I believe are writing on this website with the best intents to inform. I use to keep my hair naturally curly from 2003-2011. However, I started my natural hair journey at the time I was 22.5 years old (around June 2003) as a thinner woman weighing around 135 pounds and it became harder for me to stay a natural when I started gaining weight around the time I was 23.5 years old and then even more by late 2004/early 2005. By spring to summer 2011, it was extremely hard for me to keep my hair natural and even more so difficult by the time I gave up and turned once again to the hair relaxer by April 2012 (my current Amazon profile picture is from Dec. 2011). Overall, I would say that I successfully managed to keep my hair naturally without using a chemical relaxer for 8 years and five months (I even did two "big chops-major haircuts back in 2005 and 2006). As most can tell from my picture, I prefer to keep my hair long and chemically relax it at least once a year. What I am trying to say is that I must be a size six or smaller and/or have attained financially freedom if I ever return to keeping my hair natural and/or keeping it shorter. This is because it is common knowledge that some who wear their hair natural (regardless of skin complexion) have to endure bullying from others who may not yet have realized that beauty comes in all hair textures and skin complexions. However, it is even harder to endure bullying when you are in the process of losing weight and wear your hair both naturally curly and/or short length. Yes, my current Amazon profile picture is actually of my hair blow dried and flat ironed straight from a Virginia mall beauty salon that I went to back in December 2011. The long hair is actually all of my own hair, but I do not consider myself better than others who wear their hair short or use hair weaves (due to my view that beauty comes in all body weights, skin complexions, and hair lengths/hair textures and that women of various races are capable of growing long hair). During my senior year of high school, I was actually lucky to see that growing chemically straightened hair was possible because one of the females in my high school had relaxed hair and the longest hair (yes,it was actually her own hair).

What this has to do with my review is that I used this Dark and Lovely Hair relaxer on my very coarse and curly 3b hair. I bought this relaxer from my Walmart job and chose the Dark and Lovely brand because one of my coworkers (who is highly knowledgeable about beauty products) recommended the Dark and Lovely relaxers that were fortunately available. I had to buy two Dark and Lovely relaxers due to the length, coarseness, and thickness of my hair. This relaxer made my long but coarse hair very smooth and wavy like to the point that one of my coworkers actually asked me if I was wearing remy hair. Some other coworkers during that same month also asked me if the long hair is mine (I politely explained that yes the hair is mine). I am blessed to have coarse hair that grows fast, long, and can take a relaxer well (provided I hold off for at least six months at a time) due to inheriting the genes for growing hair fast from my late biological mother's Native American/Menominee Indian side of the family (my biological aunts also have naturally long hair). My husband helped me with some of the steps of making sure that I evenly applied the relaxer (I could have done it by myself, but felt relieved when he expressed willingness to help me). My husband does not care whether I relax or leave my hair natural (or even whether it is long or short). He only feels strongly that I keep my hair dark brown due to his belief that it enhances my exotic beauty more. Anyhow,I left the relaxer in my hair for around 19 minutes. The Dark and Lovely relaxer worked perfectly on my hair, but the only caveat was that I needed more shampoo after using the shampoos that came with the kit (fortunately I had some Suave shampoo in my bathroom during that time). Please also keep in mind that I used chemical relaxer back in November 2013 before using it again on my (type 3b spirally curly hair) this past Saturday (July 12, 2014). This relaxer is best for women who have coarse hair that is type 3 curly or type 4 curly (one can decipher their hair type through naturallycurlydotcom, essencedotcom, and/or ouidad.com).

Best Of Dance Vol. 1
Best Of Dance Vol. 1
Price: CDN$ 16.26
17 used & new from CDN$ 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Adventurous Club Music, July 23 2014
This review is from: Best Of Dance Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
I first discovered this cd compilation of The Best of Dance 2005 Vol. 1 around 2009/2010 while living in Orlando, Florida. I was hanging out with my husband at a shopping mall near his school before he had to go to one of his classes. I spotted the Best of Dance 2005 at a music store and decided to purchase it after buying the Best of Dance 2008 compilation on December 9, 2008 (I had ordered the Best of Dance 2008 through Amazon U.S. while living in Norfolk, Virginia and later posted a review via Amazon U.S. on March 1, 2012). The Best of Dance 2008 has a pinkish/violet cover with people enjoying themselves at what looks like a dance club while The Best of Dance 2005 also has images of men and women having fun at a dance club, but with a midnight blue color. The Best of Dance 2005 is a two cd set that is listed to have been made in Germany and has a wide selection of Dance/Trance/Electronic musicians within the two cds. There are twenty songs on each cd and I have to confess that these are some of my favorite songs from this collection: Believe In Me by ATB, Witch Queen of New Orleans by Tom Jones, Born To Be Alive by Easy Jetters, Need To Feel Loved b Reflekt feat. Delline Bass, Take Me To The Top by DJ Yanny, Endless Summer by Siria, Rainbow by Butterfly, and Gasolina by Papa A.P. Although, there are many more good musicians also featured within this two cd collection of the Best of Dance 2005.

Beautiful History
Beautiful History
Price: CDN$ 16.57
9 used & new from CDN$ 11.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Healing Tunes, July 23 2014
This review is from: Beautiful History (Audio CD)
I purchased Plumb: Beautiful History, A Hits Collection through Amazon U.S. on July 16, 2010 through Amazon U.S. The assortment of songs in this cd are very healing and soothing. Some are on the dramatic side, but still showcase her rich voice. I first heard music by Plumb around autumn 2006 when I purchased the Trance Party 6 cd (mixed by the Happy Boys) at a navy exchange store on the Mayport,Florida Naval base and heard a dance version of Cut (one of the versions of Cut is featured on this cd). I also enjoy In My Arms song (which I first heard via a radio station in Norfolk Virginia back in 2008). Hold On also touches my soul and encourages me to stay positive during both good and challenging times (I admit that I did not discover Hold On until after I purchased this cd in July 2010). Plumb: Beautiful History, A Hits Collection is best for those who like happy and inspirational pop music.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20