Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 60

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "joyfulwoman2078"
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Overcoming Underearning(R): A Five-Step Plan to a Richer Life
Overcoming Underearning(R): A Five-Step Plan to a Richer Life
by Barbara Stanny
Price: CDN$ 13.36
36 used & new from CDN$ 5.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Journey To Earning More Money, June 26 2014
Yes, I said this before, but must say it again. Please know that I do not claim to have all the answers and do not dub myself a spiritual expert. I am only sharing books that I am looking into as part of my spiritual/personal expedition. I humbly confess that I did not want to publicly admit that I am working on my underearning because I am well aware that I am opening myself up even more to being publicly judged. However, my higher self/spirit/soul is gently nudging me to be more honest with myself and others.Additionally, I am thankful for my current overnight shift job and am well aware that I am lucky to be able to pay my rent and other basic needs (after this review, I hope to still have a job when I return to work tomorrow night). However, Overcoming Underearning by Barbara Stanny appealed to me because I have made good money before and am determined to at least get back to that level (at a minimum) within the next two to five years (at the latest). Additionally, my husband and I are working on not only paying back our student loans together, but also plan on paying back his mother and growing our savings. She is very patient, trusts us to eventually pay her back, and is supportive of our five year timeline to do so. She is the only family member on both sides of my husband’s and I families that we do owe money to and we both intend to keep it that way. However, I know that these things can only begin to happen once I address and do something (within the next six months) about the amount of money I earn. I also feel lucky to have received an e-mail about Barbara Stanny’s class from Daily Worth around the time I started seriously getting into this book. The following is some of the information Stanny touches on in her Overcoming Underearning book:

Page 73: Creating A Money Autobiography
Page 77: Problem Indicator Checklist
Pages 104-105: Decoding Resistance
Page 168: Chapter Three on ensuring success
Page 129: An Exercise on Inputting Community, pages 125-128 touch on building a community of support (which I reluctantly and humbly admit that I need to do so).

Multidimensional Man
Multidimensional Man
by Jurgen Ziewe
Price: CDN$ 23.11
21 used & new from CDN$ 13.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A Spiritual Person of Various Facets, June 26 2014
This review is from: Multidimensional Man (Paperback)
Please know that I do not claim to have all the answers and do not dub myself a spiritual expert. I am only sharing books that I am looking into as part of my spiritual journey. Multidimensional Man: An Authentic Eyewitness Account of the World that Awaits Us After Death by Jurgen Ziewe contains some exciting information from many of the spiritual travels that his soul undertook such as:

Pages 129-135: his journeys to the “third dimension” helped him see that the power of creative thought is more powerful on certain planes. From his perspective, an attitude of generosity and positivity will help a soul become a vibrational match for this plan. Additionally, the amount of leisure and happiness available from what he saw inspired him to describe it as a place that souls are “living the dream” and especially blissful for those who dream of living a life in luxury.

Birds of Paradise (pages 173-176): During one of his journeys he noticed a colorful garden and a parrot that had a wingspan of at least four feet. He stretched out his hand to bid farewell to one of the birds and before he woke up he noticed a gift of a dark square object attached to his arm. I remember hearing a song called Birds of Paradise by Sally Oldfield from the cd collection Mystic Spirits: Chants of Paradise and even reviewed it back in November 2011. I wonder if this song is inspired by spiritual stories pertaining to the Birds of Paradise stories (hence the realm that Ziewe found himself on).

Pages 202-203: There are countless numbers of heavens that spring from the thought forms of various people that pass over (I interpreted this to be over a billion heavens, however I’m aware that it could also be something different from what my human mind is conceiving of).

He also includes a heartfelt meeting with his mother in one of the paradise realms and includes a reference in the back of his recommended books. His online website also includes some fascinating information and drawings. His colorful illustrations remind me of the drawings from the Tomorrowland 2012 and Tomorrowland 2013 electronic/trance music dance series. However, I acknowledge that both this author and the artists of the music series probably drew their inspiration in different positive/happy ways. Either way, I also enjoy his website and plan to come back to it to see more drawings and the information he gathers and shares. I understand that he only means well, but my only caveat is that he implies that reduces the cause of depression to a single cause by implying that depression is solely caused by refusing to accept reality. I agree that one must accept reality towards creating a happier life. However, I respectfully disagree that depression is caused by just that one reason and the causes of depression in a person are as varied as the men or women suffering from them. Additionally, depression is often inherited and for this reason alone this I would dare to say that individuals with various forms of depression are as worth of entering the heavenly realms as those who are frequently happy (if an afterlife exists these spirits would just probably end up in different “heavens”.) Additionally, I have been lucky in getting to see for myself what a heavenly realm looks like through one of my dreams and intuitively know that one can still be trying to work on their happiness and yet still enter one of the blissful realms. Aside from that caveat, Multidimensional Man by Jurgen Ziewe is an original and interesting book.

Secrets of Heaven
Secrets of Heaven
by Marshall Vian Summers
Price: CDN$ 21.46
16 used & new from CDN$ 12.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Channeled Philosophy Book, June 26 2014
This review is from: Secrets of Heaven (Paperback)
Secrets of Heaven: Mystery Teachings Of The Angels by Marshall Vann Summers is a channeled book that touches on different themes of spiritual growth. For instance (the source is apparently from some angels of light in heaven),
Page 30 mentions spiritual families
Page 77: When you leave this world, your spiritual members are some of the spirits that your soul will regroup with.
Page 163: having allies
Pages 228-229: views on knowledge are mentioned
Page 294: You are not alone.

The good side to this book: many sayings in the book are very healing and uplifting while ringing true to my soul on the heart level. However, my only caveat to this book is that it is a compendium of various spiritual sayings. This is fine for those seeking channeled philosophy, but may leave others who may have expected something different still spiritually hungry and wanting more (hence the reason for my three star rating). I actually wanted to rate Secrets Of Heaven: Mystery Teachings Of The Angels by Marshall Van Summers higher (due to my interest in angels, the afterlife, benevolent celestial helpers, the higher self/soul etc.). Additionally, I understand that the writer is only coming from a positive and loving intent, which is why this book is recommended more for those who are looking for a new age philosophy book. I have not done this before, but I naturally feel guided to give this book away for free to the first person who e-mails me at my e-mail address of stellacarrieratyahoodotcome (good for only the first six days after this posted review, which is by 11: 59 p.m July 2nd in U.S eastern standard time). After that, I must take it wherever I feel guided to. This is because I humbly understand that Secrets Of Heaven by Marshall Van Summers may strongly resonate more with someone else.

The Magician's Way: What It Really Takes to Find Your Treasure
The Magician's Way: What It Really Takes to Find Your Treasure
by William Whitecloud
Price: CDN$ 14.08
37 used & new from CDN$ 7.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Indirect Keys To Happiness?, June 26 2014
The Magician’s Way: What It Really Takes To Find Your Treasure by William Whitecloud is a unique novel that touches on a man’s journey of learning certain secrets to magic in life. He goes on interesting journeys to learn this such as when he goes to a nice restaurant filled with other high power people and unconventional waitresses.

Angel Prayers: Harnessing the Help of Heaven to Create Miracles
Angel Prayers: Harnessing the Help of Heaven to Create Miracles
by Kyle Gray
Price: CDN$ 12.96
21 used & new from CDN$ 8.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing And Insightful, June 26 2014
Angel Prayers: Harnessing The Help Of Heaven To Create Miracles by Kyle Gray is a heartwarming book that contains various techniques and prayers for connecting with positive celestial helpers. There are some fascinating tidbits that are also in the book such as the author sharing a dream he had where he received a message that the universe hears our thoughts, even if they’re on the internet or stored in a word document, and that your facebook page is a vision board (page 31). He shares stories on how he has used angel work in his life and for the people who came to him for help. Gratitude Lists, Journals, and Jars (page 30), Indigo Warriors (page 130), reminders from heaven (pages 88-89), soulmates and twin flames (page 95), and Forgiving Everyone Involved In A Situation (page 232) are some of the various topics that his book touches on.

Adventure Time: The Suitor Volume 6
Adventure Time: The Suitor Volume 6
Price: CDN$ 16.98
24 used & new from CDN$ 11.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Smorgasboard of Adventure, June 26 2014
Yes, I understand that this cartoon is actually for kids. However, watching cartoons such as this actually help my creativity. I have actually been watching this cartoon since 2011 and even got my husband interested in this cartoon. I actually wanted to watch this cartoon when it first came out in 2010, but I had to hold off until 2011 when more time became available. I found out about Adventure Time: The Suitor through a television feature at my job (during one of my breaks). I confess that this was easy to do because he sometimes like to also watch cartoons (he had previously got me interested in Phineas and Ferb). The Suitor dvd has sixteen episodes spread out from different seasons (there have been at least six seasons so far and my husband told me that it looks like they are working on seven). There is also a mini-feature on some of the cartoon characters. The Vault was actually one of my favorite episodes from this dvd set because it touches a little bit on mortality beyond a normal human lifespan. The title for the dvd (The Suitor) touches on Princess Bubblegum’s attempts to gently deal with a person who is infatuated with her and having her personal assistant (Peppermint Butler) screen those who want time with her.

The Sticky & Sweet Tour
The Sticky & Sweet Tour
Price: CDN$ 17.76
42 used & new from CDN$ 5.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Madonna’s Hard Candy Music Performance, June 26 2014
This review is from: The Sticky & Sweet Tour (Audio CD)
It was an easy choice for me to purchase The Sticky and Sweet Tour Dvd back on July 24, 2010 due to the fact that I am a Madonna Fan. Additionally, I have been a fan since of her music since I was around 14 and my first written online and Amazon review (back in June 15, 2008)was actually about her Hard Candy cd. Watching this concert meant a lot to me because I originally purchased tickets to go to her Miami concert back in 2008 (while still living in Norfolk, Virginia). However, things came up and I was unable to make it to the Miami concert so purchasing this dvd was the next best thing (fortunately I was able to make it to one of her September 23,2012 concerts in D.C.). As you can tell from the current listing, the first disc is the musical cd from the concert while the second disc covers her concert. Her concert performances such as the Candy Shop Medley, Vogue 2008, La Isla Bonita medley, and Like A Prayer 2008 are some of her multiple electrifying performances in the concert. However, the bonuses on the dvd are fun to watch such as in the behind the scenes footage where she allows her dancers and other members of her entourage to freely weigh in on what goes on before the concerts. She is also is shown rehearsing with Pharrell, Timbaland, and Justin Timberlake during some of her city stops. She also gives proper music credit to Pharrell, Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, and Kanye West for the music on her Hard Candy collection.

A Town Called Paradise
A Town Called Paradise
Price: CDN$ 14.31
35 used & new from CDN$ 10.81

5.0 out of 5 stars A Musical Place in Paradise, June 26 2014
This review is from: A Town Called Paradise (Audio CD)
I admit that I purchased A Town Called Paradise by Tiesto right on the release day (June 17) in order to consult with my husband first before buying this music collection (especially because I had his June 14th birthday to think and plan for as well). I can honestly say that I felt that I got my money’s worth from buying A Town Called Paradise by Tiesto because I seriously enjoy every song on this collection and would watch the music videos released for any of these songs on A Town Called Paradise. However, my current top favorite songs on this collection would have to be A Town Called Paradise feat. Zac Barnett of American Authors, Written In Reverse with Hardwell feat. Matthew Koma, Last Train with Firebeatz feat. Lady Hawke, Shimmer feat. Christian Burns, Set Yourself Free feat. Krewella, Rocky by Kaaze, Calling On Angels (feat. Elan Lea) by Fred Falke,and Wasted feat. Matthew Koma. There is a wide musical style of songs that will appeal to many listeners of trance/electronic music.

Playlist: The Very Best of Adam Lambert
Playlist: The Very Best of Adam Lambert
Price: CDN$ 11.68
19 used & new from CDN$ 6.06

5.0 out of 5 stars A Magnificent Sampler of Adam Lambert, June 26 2014
Please understand that it is actually a hard decision for me to open myself up to write this review because I know that I am risking writing a review that comes across as a little bit of a fan/stalker to Adam Lambert due to my intensity in liking his music. This is especially because I purchased this cd on June 11 after doing a search on him and his music. However, I am far from the stalker that I may come across (especially because I have other vital situations to contend with in my spiritual, professional, and personal life). I just happen to enjoy his music as a harm-free and creative escape from some of the events that sometimes unexpectedly arise in my life (both positive and challenging). This is because Adam Lambert has a unique way of singing songs that come across as musical stories. I have noticed this trend after purchasing a European edition of For Your Entertainment back in 2010, Glam Nation Live back in March 13, 2011, and Trespassing(Deluxe) back in May 2012. This Adam Lambert music collection of Playlist: The Very Best of Adam Lambert is a sampler of songs that showcase his talent from the American Idol performances (such as the song Mad World), Time For Miracles And If I Had You from For Your Entertainment, and Never Close Our Eyes and Runnin from Trespassing. However, the only caveat I would add is that a few more of his hits could have made it to this playlist such as Fever, Surefire Winners,Sleepwalker, and Strut from For Your Entertainment, while Kickin In, Nirvana, Shady, Broken English, and/or Underneath could have been some of the many good songs that would make a strong greatest hits collection. Aside from this caveat, this playlist is both good for novices to his collection and those already familiar with his music from For Your Entertainment and Trespassing (due to the glee and American idol inclusions.

Caress U-BB-1152 Daily Silk Beauty Bar by Caress for Unisex - 6 x 4.25 oz Soap
Caress U-BB-1152 Daily Silk Beauty Bar by Caress for Unisex - 6 x 4.25 oz Soap
Offered by Urban Inspirations
Price: CDN$ 28.90
2 used & new from CDN$ 11.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality Soap that Gives Among The Most For The Price, June 26 2014
This Caress Daily Silk Beauty Bar is one of my favorites due to the white peach and silky orange blossom scent. Additionally, I was able to get the bars for an affordable price at my job. The lather goes on smoothly on my skin and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I also like that the manufacturer is generous with the amount of soap that the packages come in (due to me going through the soap pretty quick).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20