Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 57

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "joyfulwoman2078"
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow (Bilingual)
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow (Bilingual)
Price: CDN$ 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of Destiny, Aug. 23 2014
Edge of Tomorrow (starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt) was one of the movies that I wanted to see and fortunately my husband was fine with coming along for the viewing. Tom Cruise plays the character of Major William Cage, a talented military officer who prides himself as a military public affair official. Basically, the character of Major William Cage is the military equivalent of a civilian public relations specialist. I also like that Tom Cruise plays a character that communicates the message that life can sometimes have a way of forcing you to stand your ground and/or speak up. I say this because the character of Major William Cage is shown expressing shock when told by one of his military superiors that he is billeted for going to a combat role. Major Cage then proceeds to tell him how could this be happening when he promoted a positive message for the fight and the indirect positive images that he helped convey (for the officer who is actually giving the orders for Major Cage to be sent away). This scene gives and indirect implication that Major William Cage willingly used his military public relations specialist position to project the way that alien-human war was being conducted instead of speaking up that maybe the war could be fought and/or handled a different way. Although this is a fictional movie, it is already common knowledge that there are sometimes people in the military who can successfully stay in the military for 20 or more years without once having been stationed overseas (outside of the continental United States) and/or being near or in combat (that is just the nature of the beast). Anyhow, Major William Cage unexpectedly gets sent into a military battle where he does successfully kill an alien, but ends up also dying himself. He ends up in a strange and unexplained situation where is able to easily come back to life and handle each recurring situation with greater awareness and ease due to the knowledge he gleans from continuously being killed and resurrected. He runs into a woman by the name of Rachel Vrataski (Emily Blunt) who also underwent a similar experience. Together, they agree to team up and figure out a way to deal with what just happened to them and emerge triumphant in the alien race-human race war.

Eyes Wide Shut (2-Disc Special Edition) / Les yeux grand fermés (Édition Spéciale) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Stanley Kubrick
Price: CDN$ 11.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling Perks, Responsibilities and Dangers of Being Connected To Those In High Places?, Aug. 23 2014
Eyes Wide Shut (starring Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman) is a movie that brilliantly shows how even the wealthiest couples sometimes go through experiences that test their marriage but can eventually make it stronger. Eyes Wide Shut also communicates many other messages in the movie that one can be the judge of. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman play Bill and Alice Hartford. They are an affluent couple that live in Manhattan and are invited to a party hosted by a prosperous lawyer named Victor Ziegler. Viewers are given obvious reason to believe that the party is also going to feature other people who are also doing well in life on a professional/career scale. Anyhow, the character of Bill Hartford becomes concerned when Alice Hartford confesses to have previously fantasized about a naval officer that she saw while they were dining out one night. Her confession is one of the catalysts that indirectly influence him to venture out on his own among events involving him going to a controversial orgy party told to him by an old friend. However, the party is also highly exclusive because it is also a gathering where many powerful and well-known people are going to be at. There is much more to this classic movie for those who are fine with watching suspenseful movies and/or are familiar with either Tom Cruise and/or Nicole Kidman.

Fabulosity: What It Is & How to Get It
Fabulosity: What It Is & How to Get It
by Kimora Simmons
Price: CDN$ 3.87
10 used & new from CDN$ 2.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Guide From Kimora Lee,, Aug. 22 2014
I confess that I simply purchased Fabulosity: What It Is and How To Get It by Kimora Lee Simmons after images and the title of the book flashed in my mind. I had previously thought of purchasing this book before and acted on an intuitive whim due to the fact that she parlays an image as an ambitious success. I admit that I do not know if she projects this regardless of what her publicists/public relations reps portray her as. However, she does generously share in the book what she did to achieve her dreams and admits that one of the members of her entourage does PR. However, I would think it is common knowledge that many rich and famous celebrities have publicists/public relations representatives working for them behind the scenes. The following is some of the fascinating information in this book:
Work and Power Chapter (pages 59-77): She mentions some details of her own career trajectory and ways to go about creating your own opportunities (rather than waiting for someone to let you in through the front door, metaphorically speaking).
Pages 131-145 (Image and Body): Information is written on ways to feel more powerful and fabulous while building up a persona on a budget plus other tidbits.
Romance and Lifestyle (pages 193-225): The author mentions what she has seen among her female friends trying to have a happy love life. Details are also shared on what happened during the early stages of the relationship between her and Russell Simmons.
Positivity and Sustainability (Pages 243-255): I really enjoy the fun tip she shares on expanding your world when traveling out of the neighborhood is still a dream (page 250). Of course, there is much more uplifting information in this book.

Beyond Past Lives: What Parallel Realities Can Teach Us about Relationships, Healing, and Transformation
by Mira Kelley
Price: CDN$ 16.26
20 used & new from CDN$ 15.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Information On Higher Self, Parallel Experiences etc., Aug. 22 2014
I was introduced to this book “Beyond Past Lives” by Mira Kelley through the Amazon U.S. recommendations (probably because of my previous purchases of afterlife books and connecting with the higher self). I purchased this book because it pertains to the higher self, and one of my personal goals is to continually facilitate a stronger connection with my higher self and project the energy of my soul (being my higher self) more frequently on a continual basis. In this book, Mira Kelley touches on how she came to have the chance to nurture her spiritual side some time after she was around 9 years old. Some of the other following details are in this book:

Pages 11-32: There is information on parallel lifetimes and the case study of one of her clients who died in 1978, but was also living a situation where he had been born in 1950.

Pages 50-76 (chapter 4):A chapter centered around the topic of conversing with your higher self

Pages 121-136: She shares how consciousness and time are linked and shares her own story of how this relates to her life. An exercise around time is also given to help facilitate perfect timing and much more is included in this book.

The Afterlife Interviews: Volume II
The Afterlife Interviews: Volume II
by Jeffrey A. Marks
Price: CDN$ 23.93
9 used & new from CDN$ 23.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuation From Marks Afterlife Part One Book, Aug. 22 2014
Unexpectedly, I came across the Afterlife Interviews II book by Jeffrey Marks and decided to purchase it due to my previous familiarity with two of his other books. Additionally, my simultaneous interest with the afterlife, the higher self, and the power of imagination has increased exponentially since 2013. As a result, I feel especially drawn to material that I sense would help me further understand areas around those three topics. This book does expand on what he previously covered in his first afterlife book. However, the topic of this book is formatted in such a way, that one can still glean good information from this book even without yet being exposed to writings from the first afterlife book. The following is some of the details included in The Afterlife Interviews II by Jeffrey Marks:

“Heavenly Homes” (chapter 37 pages 95-99): I have to admit that this is one of my favorite chapters in this book. The author is given information that suggests that some who cross over to the other side may prefer to experience houses that embody a vibe of wealth and prosperity if they did not have the chance to live that way while on earth. One client’s father gives Marks the image of him living in a mansion. Another spirit gives the information that they at first utilized the option to live in several houses. However, he then eventually decided to go with just one home once he felt that multiple abodes were unnecessary.

“Spirit Guides And Guardian Angels” (chapter 43 pages 137-147): Information is transcribed that the role of spirit helpers is to help facilitate helping a person living on earth to be given the keys to live their life more successfully, but that they still must navigate the journey themselves. I agree with this, however I was hoping that details would be covered on the higher self and how the spirit world plays a role in the gifts of psychic abilities and clairvoyance. Additionally, one of the books on the afterlife by Elsa Barker touches on the power of imagination and the important role that imagination plays in both the spirit realm and earth life. What I’m trying to say that connecting the themes of the higher self and imagination to spirit helper communication might have added an extra strong element to this chapter. Last, but not definitely least, controversial information is included to suggest that someone who says that they are receiving communications from an archangel may be actually getting the communication from a spirit guide tasked with delivering the messages.

“Fate of Suicides” (chapter 48 pages 197-204): Details are delivered to the author to suggest that there are many suicides that are given extra love and care once they cross over. He also goes into mentioning that many of them end up reincarnating on earth because of their spirits becoming more aware on why they had to go through the extreme challenges and adversity to begin with. However, the only point I must respectfully disagree with the author on is that some people commit suicide because it was in their destiny. The reason being is because of my increased awareness (thanks to repeated exposure to various spiritual texts) that each life is valuable and holds a purpose and gift to both the man or woman and those who surround that person. I say this conviction regardless of the person’s intelligence level, income, job, where they live, spiritual beliefs, how attractive they are perceived by themselves and others etc. I understand that the author (Jeffrey Marks) is not implying that one human life is more valuable than the other. It is just that my concern is that the spreading of the message that suicide is in some people’s destiny may lead some people to believe that certain human lives are worth more than others. Additionally, it is common knowledge that there have been an increase in suicides by men and women who were marginalized in society for being different in some way and/or victims of bullies (both adult bullies and bullies that are teenagers and younger). Again, I understand that the author is not saying this, however advocating that suicide may be in some destiny blueprints may also open a dangerous door for the bully(bullies) and/or their family members to imply that maybe they are not responsible for a person’s suicide because they may have been meant to do so. There are numerous other examples that would take up too much time for me to mention. Please understand that my speaking on the suicide topic in no way means that I ever plan to kill myself during my current lifetime. I’m lucky to have been given the psychic awareness that my life means something regardless of how other men and women view me. It is just that although I still recommend this book (due to its many fantastic viewpoints on a range of topics), the viewpoint that some suicides are destined gave me cause for concern to speak up on why I respectfully disagree with that viewpoint.

Castle: The Complete Third Season
Castle: The Complete Third Season
DVD ~ Nathan Fillion
Price: CDN$ 24.97
27 used & new from CDN$ 21.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventures of Castle and His Professional Partner,, Aug. 22 2014
I admit that it was my husband who got me interested in watching season 3 of Castle because this is one of the television shows that he loves (he has multiple seasons 3 and 4 of Castle in his itunes account). Additionally, he has been watching this show since 2009. Anyhow, it is easy to see why he enjoys this show. The tv show of Castle centers around the story of an author who works closely and gives his best professionally to a detective that he is actually has romantic feelings for. Castle is a popular and successful author who also enjoys helping the detective because many of the cases give him strong material for his books. He also is shown interacting with both his mother and daughter who he loves very much. There are multiple suspenseful episodes in this season that it is hard for me to choose a favorite. However, one of the episodes that clearly sticks out in my memory is an episode where he is tasked with solving a tricky murder case that involves a celebrated psychic as the victim, especially because the killer was the last person who I would expect to do such a cold blooded act. One of the women who currently star in the Witches of East End series (I believe that it may be Rachel Boston as Ingrid) plays the surviving daughter of the murdered psychic. Another episode that stood out in my mind was that of a murder of a metro worker that also ties into a boy’s abduction. What complicates matters is that the parents had divorced and the mother had moved on to a much wealthier man than the father. She is shown scolding at the father while standing next to her new partner (this show definitely also knows how to create heart string pulling drama). The third episode that stands out in my mind is that involving the murder of an attractive male stripper and one of his wealthy older female lovers as a suspect. The stripper was only trying to turn his life around financially when he was murdered. Another episode that stood out to me was the murder of a gifted astrophysicist. Lyle Lovett stars as one of the mysterious government men (possible Men In Black theme) who make a guest appearance. There are many more brilliant episodes to season 3 of Castle, which is a good show to watch for those who are open to watching keep you guessing type of suspense.

Witches Of East End: The Complete First Season
Witches Of East End: The Complete First Season
DVD ~ Julia Ormond
Price: CDN$ 26.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 26.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Show That Touches On Magic, Afterlife, Nature of Good Vs. Evil etc.,, Aug. 22 2014
Fortunately, I had previously heard of the Witches of East End back in autumn 2013 when the Lifetime channel was promoting this show online. As a result, it was an easy decision for me to purchase the season one dvd set of the Witches of East End once I had seen it for sale at my place of employment. The season one dvd set also has some cool extras to accompany the three dvd set titled under deleted scenes, falling under their spell, gag reel, and cat blooper. One of the unique facets of this show is that it greatly touches on the afterlife and past lives. For instance, there is a scene where one of the characters unexpectedly loses a man she loves to a sudden death. She decides to use her magical powers to summon him back to life and succeeds. However, there are unintended consequences to not completely letting him go at his death (which is another element that the show touches on: certain aftereffects of achieving certain aims). Past lives are touched on when the show depicts scenes that explain a rich background on why the mother in the family is super protective over her daughters. This Witches of East End season one dvd set is perfect for those who are open to watching tv series with occult/supernatural/witchcraft/magical themes

I Remember
I Remember
Price: CDN$ 12.45
19 used & new from CDN$ 10.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Kaskade Greatest Hits,, Aug. 22 2014
This review is from: I Remember (Audio CD)
This 17 song set of I Remember by Kaskade is a bargain for what I paid. I say this because many of the songs invoke a high energy feeling and are of a sunny/buoyant vibe. I greatly enjoy Atmosphere and Room for Happiness. However, this collection of I Remember by Kaskade is one of the cd sets where you can actually enjoy each song from beginning to end. Speaking of which, this music cd opens on an expressive note with the Strobelite Mix of I Remember and ends with the catchy mashup of I’ll Never Dream I’m In Love (Kaskade puts his music mix with the blending of Alex Gaudino’s I’m In Love). I Remember by Kaskade is great to get if you are familiar with at least 2-3 DJ’s (Armin Van Buuren, David Guetta, Hardwell, Paul Van Dyk, Dash Berlin, Afrojack, Zedd etc.) from the electronic/dance field and/or just simply enjoy music from the trance/dance/genre field.

Lucy [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
Lucy [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
DVD ~ Scarlett Johansson
Price: CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Potential And Power From Just One Person, Aug. 22 2014
We ended up seeing Lucy because my husband gently persuaded me to see it (this was one of the summer movies that caught his attention). Lucy centers around the plot of a woman named Lucy (Scarlett Johansson) who ends up simultaneously making the best of her remaining life and doing some amazing feats after unexpectedly being given a substance that allows her to use more of her brainpower/potential. She ends up contacting a noted academic (Morgan Freeman) who she knows can help her make sense of what has happened to her. Lucy is also literally on the run for her life because the man and his entourage who spearheaded the distribution of this drug are extremely dangerous and violent people. This is a good movie to watch for those who like films that play with the concept of human potential and the probability of improving on brainpower.

Guardians of the Galaxy [Blu-ray]
Guardians of the Galaxy [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ James Gunn

5.0 out of 5 stars An Unlikely Team Joining Together, Aug. 22 2014
Guardians of the Galaxy is also another film that I agreed to watch because my husband really wanted to see this film, especially because he loves science fiction films. Additionally, I decided to give the movie a chance because I saw an article where Anna Faris’s husband (Chris Pratt) mentioned with joy how he likes to dab barbecue sauce on her nose. I enjoyed Anna Faris’s humorous and down to earth characters in the Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 and Playboy Bunny movies. Naturally, I figured that Chris Pratt is probably a nice person too. For some reason, this got me curious to check out the movie because the intense level of love that he seemingly expressed for his wife with the barbecue sauce quote had me thinking that level of happiness would translate to his performance on Guardians of the Galaxy. Fortunately, I was correct (Pratt plays a ringleader by the name of Star Lord),and I noticed that Zoe Saldana,Bradley Cooper, and Benicio Del Toro are also in the movie (among other multiple famous celebrities as well). The Guardians of the Galaxy center around a group of intergalactic misfits who end up unintentionally banding together to keep a certain object out of the hands of a group of beings that would destroy the planet Terra (appears similar in atmosphere as the earth). They must be careful how they go about it and accomplish the mission quickly as this object is worth a prodigious amount in their financial currency as well as the potential of great weapon power. Adding to the situation is that they must also do it without clashing too much with each other.Guardians of the Galaxy is a fun movie to watch for those into science fiction.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20