Profile for Stella Carrier > Reviews

Content by Stella Carrier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 65

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stella Carrier "powerfulcommunicator2078"
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Ides of March / Les Marches du pouvoir (Bilingual)
The Ides of March / Les Marches du pouvoir (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Ryan Gosling
Price: CDN$ 9.97
24 used & new from CDN$ 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Political and Personal Complexities, Sept. 10 2014
I purchased the Ides of March on Wednesday September 3, 2014 after seeing it on a list of recommended movies (for a career that I am gathering more research/details on). Less than seven days later, I was fortunate in receiving an invite and being able to attend an event in George Washington that indirectly tied into certain themes prevalent in the Ides of March movie. Ryan Gosling plays the role of a popular and talented campaign manager named Stephen Myers. Stephen Myers is spearheading an election campaign for Mike Morris (played by George Clooney), a Democratic candidate for the presidency. The character of Stephen Myers in the film is doing the job equivalent of what campaign managers Stephanie Cutter and Matt Rhoades did for the 2012 presidential elections (Cutter was connected with President Obama’s 2012 re-election bid and Rhoades was with Romney). Stephen Morris’s character is shown being proud and strongly believing in Mike Morris’s chances for election success. What adds further elements of surprise to the film is that the character of Myers receives temptation to join the other campaign. He is also tempted again when a gorgeous intern by the name of Molly Stearns (played by Evan Rachel Wood) comes on to him in a strong manner. I want to share more about the film. However, I’m intuitively guided to avoid sharing further details for those who still want to see the film. However, I must admit that I wish that the ending of the film would have went into further detail on what became of the candidates. Yes, I know that the Ides of March is a more serious movie, but doing what became of the candidates down the road even if the outcomes were fictional (such as in the more light-hearted Legally Blonde) would have added a more personal and humanistic touch. However, doing the outcomes to five years down the road or more would be ideal. This is because I feel that in life, not just in the movie (such as how college graduates are doing) many people are looking too soon at outcomes at how a man or woman is faring when a person’s life can greatly change even more 3-5 years down the road. Ides of March also features Paul Giamatti, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Marisa Tomei.

Taking Chance (Sous-titres franais)
Taking Chance (Sous-titres franais)
DVD ~ Kevin Bacon
Price: CDN$ 14.98
17 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifechanging Job Mission, Sept. 10 2014
Taking Chance (starring Kevin Bacon) is another film that I am lucky to have snagged at my job for just five dollars. Kevin Bacon plays the character of Lt. Colonel Michael Strobl who volunteers to escort the body of the late Lance Corporal Chance Phelps. Lt. Colonel Strobl is depicted as a character who takes his job very seriously and is simultaneously a loving husband and father for his wife and kids. He is shown naturally feeling guilty at not having went overseas and is reassured by an impartial local in Wyoming that he is actually fulfilling an important role by escorting Chance Phelps home to his family. There is also a heart string pulling scene where Lt. Colonel Strobl is meeting a young marine who is escorting the body of his dead brother who also died in combat. The end of the dvd shows the following life chronology of Lance Corporal Chance Phelps 1984-2004. The Special Features to the dvd of Taking Chance are Bearing Witness, The Real Chance Phelps, From Script to Screen, and a Deleted Scene.

Patch Adams / What Dreams May Come Double Feature [Import]
Patch Adams / What Dreams May Come Double Feature [Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming and Meaningful, Sept. 10 2014
I admit that I purchased this double feature of Patch Adams and What Dreams May Come (starring the late Robin Williams)at my Walmart job for just five dollars (even before my employee discount). There are only a few movies that touch upon the potential of how heavenly realms would look in the afterlife and What Dreams May Come is one of them. During What Dreams May Come, Robin Williams plays a man who is walking around a colorful heaven that was created from the imagination of both him and his wife. I also admit that I remember What Dreams May Come being referenced in a book titled The Afterlife Unveiled. The one thing that I found suprising is that the movie plays with the possibility of loved ones being able to shape shift in heaven. For instance, one of the sons of Robin Williams at first appears as one of the men he had great trust in during his last lifetime (Cuba Gooding Jr. played as one of men that was actually one of the sons without Williams character at first knowing). The bonuses that are part of What Dreams May Come: Feature Directory with Director Vincent Ward, About the Visual Effects, Making of Featurette, Alternate Ending, and Much More. The bonuses listed with the Patch Adams film: The Medicinal Value of Laughter, Feature Commentary With Director Tom Shadyac, and Outtakes. The Bonus features to both films are listed to not have been rated.

Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
by Esther Hicks
Price: CDN$ 10.79
78 used & new from CDN$ 0.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Law of Attraction Book From Esther And Jerry Hicks, Sept. 10 2014
I admit to have purchased and owned this book that I’m reviewing since January 15, 2010. My personal career and spiritual goals are what influence me to use the multiple ideas from this book. I’m very lucky to at least know what main career and spiritual goals that I plan to pursue regardless of what even my most talented critics may say. The ideas in this book have become even more important to me after being given spiritual signs/omens around July 16. 2014 of the main career that I must pursue no matter what and how long in my current life that it may take. Additionally, I am being given increasing amounts of information on how imagination is vital to shaping personal realities and this book has fun exercises that use the imagination factor. However, I wish to now focus on what is in the book in this review such as the following information:
Foreword by author Wayne Dyer and a preface on how Esther and Jerry Hicks connected with the information given to them by the being they call Abraham.
The authors share their three steps for whatever a person wants to be, do, or have.
Using Your Feelings As Guideposts
Different Degrees of Your Emotional Guidance Scale
Different Processes for molding reality: I’m in the process of fine-tuning how I use the processes, but I am finding the scripting, meditation, and dream journal to be among the fun and easiest. The best way to describe the scripting process is akin to the late John Candy movie Delirious.

This is a fun book, but the only catch is that it does not touch upon ways to line up personal goals in line with what a person is meant to pursue (in other words, lining up what you want to do with your intuition and in sync with the life contract of your higher self/soul). I reluctantly confess that I finally figured out that part out around 2-3 months ago and my feelings on this were confirmed from an e-mail by Heather Matthews (she was discussing her Manifestation Miracle program and how a person’s goals must intuitively match up with what their soul/spirit/higher self has planned in order for the reality creation efforts to be most successful.

You Can See The Light
You Can See The Light
by Dianne Morrissey
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Author’s Inner Spiritual Changes After Unexpectedly Visiting Heaven, Sept. 10 2014
This review is from: You Can See The Light (Paperback)
With reluctance, I make the confession that I actually purchased You Can See The Light: How You Can Touch Eternity and Return Safely by Dianne Morrissey PH.D on March 27, 2014. I know that what this author says is possible because I have spontaneously/unexpectedly traveled outside of my body at least twice during my lifetime(for obvious reasons I must keep what I had seen secret). Before I go into the review, I admit that this book caught my attention because I would like to try what this author suggests with planned intent (rather than just spontaneously). Additionally, I would like to use this information to deepen my connection with my higher self/soul, my heavenly spirit helpers (spirit guides, spirit helpers who are of the light and come with good intent etc), and to further understand the messages that my late adoptive mother may be trying to patiently send me. I sense that she could also be trying to communicate with other family members as well as me and I want to further understand the messages that she is sending me during my sleeping dreams. One block that I must remove to this communication with my late adoptive mother is to completely forgive my late biological mother (my adoptive mother passed away in 2002 and my biological mother passed away in 2003). On a conscious level, I am telling myself, in order to speed the forgiveness process, that my biological mother did not mean for me to get hurt because she gave birth to me just 8 days after her 16th birthday (she would have turned 50 on October 31st). On the positive side, I have compassion for teenage mothers due to the history of my biological mother giving birth to me shortly after she turned 16. However, part of me wants to fully receive all of the messages from my late adoptive mother (she would have been 62 September 24), but I intuitively sense that my unresolved matter of not completely forgiving my biological mother could be clouding the messages that my late adoptive mother is trying to send me through some of my dreams. I’m in the process of using the techniques in You Can See The Light to deal with this and I enjoyed how the author used her near death experience to detail why she was passionate to write the book and make the subject of inducing out of body experiences as part of her life’s work. The following is some of the heartwarming information in this book:
How her near death experience and travels to a heavenly realm influenced her to heal with the light.
What the author has learned from holding workshops for over 25,000 people that have attended her classes.
Pages 71-73: Four Key points that the writer picked up on during her near death experience and planned journeys to heavenly realms.
Seven keys to seeing the light and why doing so can help increase clairvoyance/psychic abilities.

Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow (Bilingual) (Sous-titres français)
Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow (Bilingual) (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Tom Cruise
Price: CDN$ 18.97
2 used & new from CDN$ 14.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of Destiny, Aug. 23 2014
Edge of Tomorrow (starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt) was one of the movies that I wanted to see and fortunately my husband was fine with coming along for the viewing. Tom Cruise plays the character of Major William Cage, a talented military officer who prides himself as a military public affair official. Basically, the character of Major William Cage is the military equivalent of a civilian public relations specialist. I also like that Tom Cruise plays a character that communicates the message that life can sometimes have a way of forcing you to stand your ground and/or speak up. I say this because the character of Major William Cage is shown expressing shock when told by one of his military superiors that he is billeted for going to a combat role. Major Cage then proceeds to tell him how could this be happening when he promoted a positive message for the fight and the indirect positive images that he helped convey (for the officer who is actually giving the orders for Major Cage to be sent away). This scene gives and indirect implication that Major William Cage willingly used his military public relations specialist position to project the way that alien-human war was being conducted instead of speaking up that maybe the war could be fought and/or handled a different way. Although this is a fictional movie, it is already common knowledge that there are sometimes people in the military who can successfully stay in the military for 20 or more years without once having been stationed overseas (outside of the continental United States) and/or being near or in combat (that is just the nature of the beast). Anyhow, Major William Cage unexpectedly gets sent into a military battle where he does successfully kill an alien, but ends up also dying himself. He ends up in a strange and unexplained situation where is able to easily come back to life and handle each recurring situation with greater awareness and ease due to the knowledge he gleans from continuously being killed and resurrected. He runs into a woman by the name of Rachel Vrataski (Emily Blunt) who also underwent a similar experience. Together, they agree to team up and figure out a way to deal with what just happened to them and emerge triumphant in the alien race-human race war.

Eyes Wide Shut (2-Disc Special Edition) / Les yeux grand fermés (Édition Spéciale) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Stanley Kubrick
Price: CDN$ 11.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling Perks, Responsibilities and Dangers of Being Connected To Those In High Places?, Aug. 23 2014
Eyes Wide Shut (starring Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman) is a movie that brilliantly shows how even the wealthiest couples sometimes go through experiences that test their marriage but can eventually make it stronger. Eyes Wide Shut also communicates many other messages in the movie that one can be the judge of. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman play Bill and Alice Hartford. They are an affluent couple that live in Manhattan and are invited to a party hosted by a prosperous lawyer named Victor Ziegler. Viewers are given obvious reason to believe that the party is also going to feature other people who are also doing well in life on a professional/career scale. Anyhow, the character of Bill Hartford becomes concerned when Alice Hartford confesses to have previously fantasized about a naval officer that she saw while they were dining out one night. Her confession is one of the catalysts that indirectly influence him to venture out on his own among events involving him going to a controversial orgy party told to him by an old friend. However, the party is also highly exclusive because it is also a gathering where many powerful and well-known people are going to be at. There is much more to this classic movie for those who are fine with watching suspenseful movies and/or are familiar with either Tom Cruise and/or Nicole Kidman.

Fabulosity: What It Is & How to Get It
Fabulosity: What It Is & How to Get It
by Kimora Simmons
Price: CDN$ 5.39
11 used & new from CDN$ 2.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Guide From Kimora Lee,, Aug. 22 2014
I confess that I simply purchased Fabulosity: What It Is and How To Get It by Kimora Lee Simmons after images and the title of the book flashed in my mind. I had previously thought of purchasing this book before and acted on an intuitive whim due to the fact that she parlays an image as an ambitious success. I admit that I do not know if she projects this regardless of what her publicists/public relations reps portray her as. However, she does generously share in the book what she did to achieve her dreams and admits that one of the members of her entourage does PR. However, I would think it is common knowledge that many rich and famous celebrities have publicists/public relations representatives working for them behind the scenes. The following is some of the fascinating information in this book:
Work and Power Chapter (pages 59-77): She mentions some details of her own career trajectory and ways to go about creating your own opportunities (rather than waiting for someone to let you in through the front door, metaphorically speaking).
Pages 131-145 (Image and Body): Information is written on ways to feel more powerful and fabulous while building up a persona on a budget plus other tidbits.
Romance and Lifestyle (pages 193-225): The author mentions what she has seen among her female friends trying to have a happy love life. Details are also shared on what happened during the early stages of the relationship between her and Russell Simmons.
Positivity and Sustainability (Pages 243-255): I really enjoy the fun tip she shares on expanding your world when traveling out of the neighborhood is still a dream (page 250). Of course, there is much more uplifting information in this book.

Beyond Past Lives: What Parallel Realities Can Teach Us about Relationships, Healing, and Transformation
by Mira Kelley
Price: CDN$ 16.26
23 used & new from CDN$ 16.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Information On Higher Self, Parallel Experiences etc., Aug. 22 2014
I was introduced to this book “Beyond Past Lives” by Mira Kelley through the Amazon U.S. recommendations (probably because of my previous purchases of afterlife books and connecting with the higher self). I purchased this book because it pertains to the higher self, and one of my personal goals is to continually facilitate a stronger connection with my higher self and project the energy of my soul (being my higher self) more frequently on a continual basis. In this book, Mira Kelley touches on how she came to have the chance to nurture her spiritual side some time after she was around 9 years old. Some of the other following details are in this book:

Pages 11-32: There is information on parallel lifetimes and the case study of one of her clients who died in 1978, but was also living a situation where he had been born in 1950.

Pages 50-76 (chapter 4):A chapter centered around the topic of conversing with your higher self

Pages 121-136: She shares how consciousness and time are linked and shares her own story of how this relates to her life. An exercise around time is also given to help facilitate perfect timing and much more is included in this book.

The Afterlife Interviews: Volume II
The Afterlife Interviews: Volume II
by Jeffrey A. Marks
Price: CDN$ 24.64
14 used & new from CDN$ 24.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Continuation From Marks Afterlife Part One Book, Aug. 22 2014
Unexpectedly, I came across the Afterlife Interviews II book by Jeffrey Marks and decided to purchase it due to my previous familiarity with two of his other books. Additionally, my simultaneous interest with the afterlife, the higher self, and the power of imagination has increased exponentially since 2013. As a result, I feel especially drawn to material that I sense would help me further understand areas around those three topics. This book does expand on what he previously covered in his first afterlife book. However, the topic of this book is formatted in such a way, that one can still glean good information from this book even without yet being exposed to writings from the first afterlife book. The following is some of the details included in The Afterlife Interviews II by Jeffrey Marks:

“Heavenly Homes” (chapter 37 pages 95-99): I have to admit that this is one of my favorite chapters in this book. The author is given information that suggests that some who cross over to the other side may prefer to experience houses that embody a vibe of wealth and prosperity if they did not have the chance to live that way while on earth. One client’s father gives Marks the image of him living in a mansion. Another spirit gives the information that they at first utilized the option to live in several houses. However, he then eventually decided to go with just one home once he felt that multiple abodes were unnecessary.

“Spirit Guides And Guardian Angels” (chapter 43 pages 137-147): Information is transcribed that the role of spirit helpers is to help facilitate helping a person living on earth to be given the keys to live their life more successfully, but that they still must navigate the journey themselves. I agree with this, however I was hoping that details would be covered on the higher self and how the spirit world plays a role in the gifts of psychic abilities and clairvoyance. Additionally, one of the books on the afterlife by Elsa Barker touches on the power of imagination and the important role that imagination plays in both the spirit realm and earth life. What I’m trying to say that connecting the themes of the higher self and imagination to spirit helper communication might have added an extra strong element to this chapter. Last, but not definitely least, controversial information is included to suggest that someone who says that they are receiving communications from an archangel may be actually getting the communication from a spirit guide tasked with delivering the messages.

“Fate of Suicides” (chapter 48 pages 197-204): Details are delivered to the author to suggest that there are many suicides that are given extra love and care once they cross over. He also goes into mentioning that many of them end up reincarnating on earth because of their spirits becoming more aware on why they had to go through the extreme challenges and adversity to begin with. However, the only point I must respectfully disagree with the author on is that some people commit suicide because it was in their destiny. The reason being is because of my increased awareness (thanks to repeated exposure to various spiritual texts) that each life is valuable and holds a purpose and gift to both the man or woman and those who surround that person. I say this conviction regardless of the person’s intelligence level, income, job, where they live, spiritual beliefs, how attractive they are perceived by themselves and others etc. I understand that the author (Jeffrey Marks) is not implying that one human life is more valuable than the other. It is just that my concern is that the spreading of the message that suicide is in some people’s destiny may lead some people to believe that certain human lives are worth more than others. Additionally, it is common knowledge that there have been an increase in suicides by men and women who were marginalized in society for being different in some way and/or victims of bullies (both adult bullies and bullies that are teenagers and younger). Again, I understand that the author is not saying this, however advocating that suicide may be in some destiny blueprints may also open a dangerous door for the bully(bullies) and/or their family members to imply that maybe they are not responsible for a person’s suicide because they may have been meant to do so. There are numerous other examples that would take up too much time for me to mention. Please understand that my speaking on the suicide topic in no way means that I ever plan to kill myself during my current lifetime. I’m lucky to have been given the psychic awareness that my life means something regardless of how other men and women view me. It is just that although I still recommend this book (due to its many fantastic viewpoints on a range of topics), the viewpoint that some suicides are destined gave me cause for concern to speak up on why I respectfully disagree with that viewpoint.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20