Profile for Jose Jun A. Garcia > Reviews

Content by Jose Jun A. Garcia

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Jose Jun A. Garcia (Makati City, Phil.)

Rapid Fire (Widescreen)
Rapid Fire (Widescreen)
DVD ~ DVD
Offered by boutiquecinemaniac,com
Price: CDN$ 29.95
12 used & new from CDN$ 5.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Same problem with DVD(freeze defect), April 10 2003
This review is from: Rapid Fire (Widescreen) (DVD)
Got my copy yesterday and was watching it last night. Was I dissapointed with the defect I experienced with the disc. At 57:58 (fight in the bar scene with the big guy), the disc freezes. You have to press the FF key and it will move to the scene 2-3 seconds later. Kind of annoying cause while enjoying and anticipating a big fight ...it stops....duh!....To Tadashi and Mr. Tindall... we're now victims of this frustrating defect..
Seems we are owners of defective dvds. I bought the dvd cause I loved the movie...still remember my reaction to the fresh new fight scenes.... now we have the DVD but...... 4 .5 stars for the movie(for the action) but 2 for the DVD(video defect and lousy 4.0 audio)...

Quest for Fire (Widescreen) (Bilingual)
Quest for Fire (Widescreen) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Everett McGill
Price: CDN$ 11.93
27 used & new from CDN$ 5.53

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Movie....Not so good DVD, March 5 2003
Was so excited that this movie is finally coming out on DVD. First time for me to watch it in its' full form.(was not allowed to view it during the time of its release cause I was only 11 yrs. old)
The movie is great except for the DVD... Generally, video quality is pleasing...but there are scenes which are grainy specially landscape views...grainy to the point of distraction..
In short, the DVD release did not do justice for the film. I gave it 3 stars cause its just a so and so DVD release. Was not pleased with the video quality. They could have made it better. For fans of the movie...get a copy..but...don't expect too much on the video quality...

Back to the Future: The Complete Trilogy (Widescreen, 3 Discs)
Back to the Future: The Complete Trilogy (Widescreen, 3 Discs)
DVD ~ Michael J. Fox
Offered by TUNESUS
Price: CDN$ 25.88
31 used & new from CDN$ 16.60

3.0 out of 5 stars Rushed and commercial release, Jan. 20 2003
Have ordered and bought the set in amazon before I had a chance to read the defect on Part 2 and 3. Scanned a few scenes in 2 and 3 but the differences are not very obvious.(since I'm using a 4:3 tv). Whether you buy it today or want to wait for a re-pressing, that is totally up to you.(probably depends on your preference for the movie) But I really felt that the release was very commercial and rushed... why? first time for me to see a drinking water product leaflet together with the dvd booklet.... WOW! talk about earning mega-bucks for endorsements... the plastic cover of the plastic case was also cut, folded.... it appears the assembler was in a big hurry to ship it off and earn hoiday pay.....I hope my part 3 disc works 100% ... I saw a small deppression on the disc....
Overall rating of 3 stars...but the disc made it low...(video quality for me is 4 stars- some scenes appear grainy on different parts)