Profile for Cat > Reviews

Content by Cat

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Cat

Divergent
Divergent
by Veronica Roth
Price: CDN$ 15.87
31 used & new from CDN$ 11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Divergent!, Feb. 15 2012
This review is from: Divergent (Hardcover)
The best book I have read in a long time. The only regret I have is reading it before the sequel, Insurgent, is released as now I cannot wait for it.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
by Ransom Riggs
Price: CDN$ 14.43
69 used & new from CDN$ 7.79

3.0 out of 5 stars meh, Feb. 15 2012
Regardless of the swear words, this book was a little too young for my 13 year old son. The author did not develop the love story portion of the novel as well as he could have and the entire concept was a bit ridiculous.

Crank: Crank + Glass
Crank: Crank + Glass
by Ellen Hopkins
Price: CDN$ 18.39
9 used & new from CDN$ 18.39

5.0 out of 5 stars great books, Feb. 15 2012
This review is from: Crank: Crank + Glass (Paperback)
My 13 year old son read both these books within the first few days of getting them and has since read them again. I read them both and it provided a fantastic opportunity to discuss the realities of drug use. A good quick read.

Gaiam Yoga Mat Koi Fish Print Red Wrapped
Gaiam Yoga Mat Koi Fish Print Red Wrapped
Price: CDN$ 29.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 29.97

3.0 out of 5 stars a tad too thin, Feb. 15 2012
The product info does not say the thickness and I believe it is only 3 mm, a little thinner then I was looking for. But, I put it over another one at the gym and it does the trick. It has good grip, nice colour and pattern.

SPORT ARMBAND CASE COVER FOR IPHONE 4 3G 3GS IPOD TOUCH
SPORT ARMBAND CASE COVER FOR IPHONE 4 3G 3GS IPOD TOUCH

1.0 out of 5 stars too big, Jan. 9 2012
I have not been able to use this because it is way too big for my arm. I do not have unusually thin arms, they are just normal size for a woman. Also, you have to take the phone out of the case in order for it to fit. It also took a long time to arrive. I ordered 2 items after this that both arived sooner.

Bone: One Volume Edition
Bone: One Volume Edition
by Jeff Smith
Price: CDN$ 31.31
26 used & new from CDN$ 22.66

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every penny, May 27 2011
My 12 year old son barely took his face out of this book until he was done reading it...and it's a THICK book. I picked it up one morning and read 30 pages while I drank my coffee, and I have never read a graphic novel in all my life.

Witch & Wizard
Witch & Wizard
by James Patterson
Price: CDN$ 9.93
73 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars a good family read, May 27 2011
This review is from: Witch & Wizard (Paperback)
I bought this book because my oldest son (age 12)and I enjoyed the hunger games trilogy so much that we decided to start buying books we both can enjoy. We both decided to continue reading the series. As a bonus, this book was quite a bit less violent and the chapters are short so when my youngest son (age 6) asked if he could read it too, I said "sure".