Profile for B. Went > Reviews

Content by B. Went

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

B. Went "B"

Ringworld
Ringworld
by Larry Niven
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.89
110 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Confusing but Good, May 27 2011
This review is from: Ringworld (Mass Market Paperback)
I enjoyed this book very much even though there were many parts where I found myself not quite understanding what the author was saying. At these times I would backtrack and make sure I hadn't missed any pages because suddenly there would be a sequence that did not seem to fit into the book or make much sense to me. Perhaps this is because I don't read many science fictions or its simply how the author writes his novels. But, all-in-all it is a very good book which was interesting to read. Larry Niven creates an amazing world and really interesting characters. (I have since read the next two books in this series)

The Pirate Hunter: The True Story of Captain Kidd
The Pirate Hunter: The True Story of Captain Kidd
by Richard Zacks
Price: CDN$ 14.56
77 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Detailed, May 27 2011
If you like historical fictions than this is a good one to pick. But, although I do like to read historical fictions this one was a little to slow for my liking. Because it was about pirates I thought it would be fast-paced and full of adventure but there were many very slow parts that brought in way to much detail, making it seem more like a history book at times then a historical fiction. So good read but one you can put down from boredom at times.

Angel Time: The Songs of the Seraphim, Book One
Angel Time: The Songs of the Seraphim, Book One
by Anne Rice
17 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Disappointing, May 27 2011
I love Anne Rice's earlier novels, but since shes stopped writing about vampires, witches and other supernatural beings her books have taken a turn for the worse. She is still a good writer but I no longer get caught up in her books like I used to or care all that much about what is happening in the story. I bought this book and read it through to the end, but never really liked the characters and the story was just too slow. Angels are interesting and all but unless Anne Rice goes back to her vampires, I won't be reading anymore of her new books.

Silver: My Own Tale as Written by Me with a Goodly Amount of Murder
Silver: My Own Tale as Written by Me with a Goodly Amount of Murder
by Edward Chupack
Price: CDN$ 16.05
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Adventure, May 27 2011
This was a really fun book to read! If you like pirates, treasure, fights, and adventure then you will really enjoy this book. A fun, light read. Perfect book for the summer.

The Gunslinger
The Gunslinger
by Stephen King
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, May 27 2011
Although a little confusing and random in parts, I did really enjoy reading this book and look forward to reading the rest of the series.

Into The Dark Lands
Into The Dark Lands
by Michelle Sagara West
Price: CDN$ 16.61
39 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, Aug. 21 2008
This review is from: Into The Dark Lands (Paperback)
This book was simply amazing. I had read it years ago and recently decided to read it again, not knowing if I would still like it. But I loved it even more then before and now am on to the second book in the series.
A story of light v.s dark, love v.s duty.A dark romantic fantasy that imprisons the reader until the rest of the books are read.
The complaint could be that it was a bit to short, but this is remedied by having a four book series that makes up for that. All fantasy lovers should read this book and see for themselves the great work that has been accomplished.