ARRAY(0xbda859f0)

Profile for Duchess > Reviews

Content by Duchess
Top Reviewer Ranking: 357

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Duchess "Duchess" (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DMC 1767-24 Tapestry Hand Needles, 6-Pack, Size 24
DMC 1767-24 Tapestry Hand Needles, 6-Pack, Size 24
Price: CDN$ 1.35
2 used & new from CDN$ 1.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Great service from amazon.ca again!, March 13 2014
I bought these yesterday and I already received them this morning! I think that this product is a fairly good quality and although any needle can wear out after a while due to lots of use, these to me have been fairly good quality needles to use for my counted cross-stitch projects. Sometimes when you want things to arrive SOONER THAN LATER though, this is the way to go and use 'priority mail'! Thanks to amazon.ca I was able to receive this product in record speed!

JBK Pottery Brown Sugar Softener - Bear
JBK Pottery Brown Sugar Softener - Bear
Offered by Golda's Kitchen
Price: CDN$ 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Brown sugar bear, March 3 2014
I bought this on February 19th. I have just checked my brown sugar today and it is still nice and soft and NOT ROCK HARD!! I was concerned that this may NOT work and would not be all it's cracked up to be, but so far I am proved wrong! I hope this lives up to some of the reviews I've heard of this product and hope that it DOES last up to three months without getting rock hard. Well, so far, I am pleased!

DMC 6103 Floss Number Stickers, 500-Pack
DMC 6103 Floss Number Stickers, 500-Pack
Price: CDN$ 1.75
5 used & new from CDN$ 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little stickers to put on my bobbins of DMC embroidery floss, March 3 2014
I have used these for labelling my DMC floss when it has been bought. I also think that the price here is much more reasonable than what some of these other website places charge. I can see paying about 1.99 for one of these, and this may seem a bit expensive to some, but if you buy it elsewhere online (like e-bay), you are looking at not only about $5.95 CAD for this same product but also the additional postage and handling from some of these other websites is also added (sometimes that can be an extra $8 or $9 CAD which makes this product much more expensive to buy it), so if you can buy it from here, it may make more sense to do so. Now that Amazon.ca has this product as an "add-on" I will buy more of these from here if I need them.

Superior 900 Gram Egyptian Cotton 2-Piece Bath Towel Set, White
Superior 900 Gram Egyptian Cotton 2-Piece Bath Towel Set, White
Price: CDN$ 45.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent big towels!, March 3 2014
I bought a couple of these for the counted cross-stitch projects I do. When I gently hand wash my projects when they are done, this is an excellent THICK towel to use for all my projects from now on, and if the canvas projects are a bit big, the towel is much bigger! I have no regrets and am glad I have two I can use as I have had more than one counted cross-stitch on the go.

DMC GD1436-ECRU Classic Reserve Gold Label Aida Cloth, Ecru, 14-Count
DMC GD1436-ECRU Classic Reserve Gold Label Aida Cloth, Ecru, 14-Count
2 used & new from CDN$ 5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars 14 count aida fabric, March 2 2014
This is a good fabric and sturdy too! I have bought this kind of fabric for all my counted cross-stitch projects and YES I would recommend this to anyone new at this kind of thing, or even a veteran. It is good quality fabric and also love the idea that it is not in folds, as that tends to have creases in the fabric that can sometimes be hard to come out even after ironing etc. I try and avoid the ''folded" types of 14 count canvas that comes on the market, so IF I can buy the canvas that is rolled and in the tubes, it is not only easier to open but also to have put in the frame without the creases already in it, makes starting my projects easier. I find that sometimes the fabric doesn't come out as good as I'd like from some of these other fabrics that come in the 'zip-lock and folded' type of packages. It's the "Charlescraft" ones that come in the 'folded in the bag' type of packages. Sometimes when I've bought this product, I only bought it because is was a good price. Now with the fabrics coming in the 'rolled and in rectangular boxes' which I see are labelled "DMC Charlescraft" products, I try and buy those instead as I then don't have to fight with the 'creases' that come in the fabrics. I see that they are doing that more and more now so maybe they won't sell as much of these in the 'folded' packages because they know people have not been to happy with having to deal with the creases, I don't really know, but that's fine by me!

Also, when I've had to tear out some stitches due to making a mistake in the pattern, while tearing out the stitches, although you still have to be careful, it is still sturdy enough fabric that it won't or didn't tear as easily as you'd might think. So, all in all I rate this 5 stars because I like the quality and also the price. This fabric comes in many other colors too.

DMC 5628-310 Six Strand Embroidery Cotton, 500gm, Black
DMC 5628-310 Six Strand Embroidery Cotton, 500gm, Black
Price: CDN$ 41.00
2 used & new from CDN$ 41.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Another 5 star order!, March 2 2014
This is an excellent way to buy 310 Black DMC floss. It is not only enough to last for upteen of my projects without running out anytime soon! This is also a fairly good price for what I use it for. It's fairly good quality floss for the counted cross-stitch projects I do and have done, that I am glad I bought this. It can last me for a while until I have to buy it again. After doing some horse pictures and some nature pictures, I am glad I bought it as those projects required A LOT of black! All in all, I rate this 5 stars and would recommend to a newbie or a veteran that do counted cross-stitch projects et al. I have no regrets!

DMC CR5440-6750 Classic Reserve Aida, 12 by 18-Inch, White, 14 Count
DMC CR5440-6750 Classic Reserve Aida, 12 by 18-Inch, White, 14 Count
Price: CDN$ 3.45
6 used & new from CDN$ 3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars 14 count cavas, March 2 2014
This is a good fabric and sturdy too! I have bought this kind of fabric for all my counted cross-stitch projects and YES I would recommend this to anyone new at this kind of thing, or even a veteran. Although this is still a good quality fabric, the problem with the fabric that comes in this kind of packaging and also that it's in folds, this product tends to have creases in the fabric that can sometimes be hard to come out even after ironing etc. I try and avoid the ''folded" types of 14 count canvas that comes on the market -- like this one, so IF I can buy the canvas that is rolled and in the tubes, it is not only easier to open but also to have put in the frame without the creases already in it, makes starting my projects easier. Sometimes when I've bought this product, I only bought it because is was a good price and a fairly good size piece of fabric for my projects. Now with the fabrics coming in the 'rolled and in rectangular boxes' which I see are labelled "DMC Charlescraft" products as well, I try and buy those instead as I then don't have to fight with the 'creases' that come in the fabrics. I see that they are doing that more and more now so maybe they won't sell as much of these in the 'folded' packages because they know people have not been to happy with having to deal with the creases, I don't really know, but that's fine by me!

Also, with this and some of the other fabrics I've bought, I've found out how good a quality this fabric actually is. For example, when I've had to tear out some stitches due to making a mistake in the project/pattern I'm doing, while tearing out the stitches, although you still have to be careful, it is still sturdy enough fabric that it won't or didn't tear as easily as you'd might think, even when I used my stitch ripper to do this it was still pretty sturdy fabric. So, all in all I would rate this 5 stars because I like the quality and also the price but here I only rate it a 3 because of the fact that this fabric comes 'folded' in the package and NOT 'rolled'.

DMC GD1436-6750 Classic Reserve Gold Label Aida Fabric Box, White, 14-Count

DMC 61253 Peacock Embroidery Scissor, 4-Inch
Price: CDN$ 7.85
6 used & new from CDN$ 7.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and sharp pair of scissors!, Feb. 27 2014
I bought these because I wanted a new pair of scissors for the counted cross-stitch projects that I do. The scissors are a great pair! My only concern about these scissors are that when you handle the scissors -- if you have large fingers -- which of course I don't -- but someone who does, might find this pair a bit too small for their fingers to fit through the holes to grasp the scissors properly and safely (as the blades are very sharp!). The pair is also smaller than what the picture seems to show of them so this, I found, was a bit deceiving. When you choose to buy them be prepared to expect the image to be a bit smaller than you expect them to be. Other than that, these are a great pair to use for what I need them for. Yes, I would buy another pair if I chose to do so.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20