Profile for Duchess > Reviews

Content by Duchess
Top Reviewer Ranking: 496

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Duchess "Duchess" (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Whitmor 6505-4362 Color Coded Mesh Wash Bags, Set of 3
Whitmor 6505-4362 Color Coded Mesh Wash Bags, Set of 3
Price: CDN$ 9.30
4 used & new from CDN$ 9.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sized laudry bags, June 23 2015
Good sized laundry bags for my sun dresses and skirts; works well and are fairly sturdy.

Whitmor 6154-988 Mesh Hosiery Wash Bag
Whitmor 6154-988 Mesh Hosiery Wash Bag
Price: CDN$ 5.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 23 2015
works great!

Le Cuistot Enameled Cast-Iron 1.3 Quart Saucepan with Pouring Spout - 2 Tone Red
Offered by City Chef
Price: CDN$ 49.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit small but good for what I use it for, June 23 2015
I bought this because I love working with cast iron pots especially when making things like lemon meringue pie or other pudding pies. Doing something that requires working with sugar can be a bit tricky but using this kind of pot (for me, at least) helps avoid the burning of the pudding in comparison to using a stainless steel pot which I think you have more of a tendency to do that.

I had a Le Creuset cast iron pot that I had that was a bit bigger than this pot and used for that for the longest time but can't seem to find it now after our move and Le Creuset is getting to be too expensive to buy another (and I think they are starting at $300)! I have to say though, that this pot is just as good as the Le Creuset that I had, but a bit small. As for making things like the lemon or other pudding pies it does work, it just gets a bit full. Using this pot you'll just have to really pay attention that it won't overflow when it hits the boiling point for the lemon pie filling as it wouldn't take much for it to boil over (and you know how sugar on hot burners don't work!)

As for using it for the things I do, it will work just fine. :)

Nature's Way Coconut Oil, 16 oz
Nature's Way Coconut Oil, 16 oz
Price: CDN$ 14.99
27 used & new from CDN$ 11.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great results! :), May 16 2015
I bought this to start a new naturopathic therapy for my epilepsy. I have tried it now for almost 2 months and it has really helped me have much more stamina than I had before I started doing it at the beginning of April. For what I use this for (2 tbsp/day, once a day) - the 2 containers that I bought originally at the beginning of April, has lasted me basically 2 months. I am pleased with the results! :)

The Boston Globe Sunday Crossword Puzzles, Volume 14
The Boston Globe Sunday Crossword Puzzles, Volume 14
by Henry Hook
Price: CDN$ 13.95
20 used & new from CDN$ 3.27

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed!, March 29 2015
For the price I paid for it and the amount of crosswords this book had, I am not pleased! Also, some of the questions or clues leave a lot to be desired. You'd think that for this price there would be more in them.
I won't buy this one again any time soon - SORRY! :(

Los Angeles Times Sunday Crossword Puzzles, Volume 29
Los Angeles Times Sunday Crossword Puzzles, Volume 29
by Barry Tunick
Price: CDN$ 10.44
33 used & new from CDN$ 3.04

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't buy this one again, SORRY!, March 29 2015
Bought this hoping I'd enjoy it.....Sorry to say I didn't enjoy it though :(

The Everything Easy Large-Print Crosswords Book, Volume IV: 150 brand-new, quick and easy puzzles
by Charles Timmerman
Price: CDN$ 16.99
42 used & new from CDN$ 6.93

5.0 out of 5 stars So far it's great! :), March 28 2015
Hey! At least with this cross-word book to enjoy this you don't have to cheat to get the crosswords done. They are easy enough to at least help you fill in the blanks in most of them so when you go back to the ones you did not get you can finish it off or figure it out WITHOUT having to cheat and look in the back of the book at the answers! I like it! :)

The New York Times Supersized Book of Sunday Crosswords: 500 Puzzles
The New York Times Supersized Book of Sunday Crosswords: 500 Puzzles
by The New York Times
Price: CDN$ 16.77
31 used & new from CDN$ 16.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good with the answers as the other books I have, March 28 2015
I tried some of the crosswords in this crossword book too. I find that I don't like it as much because it has such stupid answers to some of the clues. Sorry, won't buy this one again! Too American for my taste! :(

My Fair Lady
My Fair Lady
DVD ~ Audrey Hepburn
Offered by Vecosell
Price: CDN$ 9.54
3 used & new from CDN$ 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't like it - but he loves it - That make me happy I bought it! :), March 27 2015
This review is from: My Fair Lady (DVD)
I am writing this only on the behalf of my husband who is a 'happy man' because I bought this for him AND bought the music in CD as well. Even though I am NOT particularly fond of this movie, I am happy enough that my husband is happy having it AND the DVD of the music this movie plays. For me -- as long as he loves it - I'm happy!

Crossword Puzzles
Crossword Puzzles
by Kelly Clark
Price: CDN$ 12.44
19 used & new from CDN$ 8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy but not too easy -- and easy on the eyes too if you have bad eyesight! :), March 27 2015
This review is from: Crossword Puzzles (Spiral-bound)
Bought these hoping that they would be 'easy' but not 'too easy'. I have already done 3 in this book and although it has a lot to do with American stuff, I enjoyed spending my free time doing them so far. I've always enjoyed doing crossword books and found that word find books are too easy and too boring for me to do. As for the others I bought I also will try them out and then decide whether to buy another of the same titles that are out. This book has a lot of variety and easy on the eyes for sure, if you have bad sight. I don't, but still have really enjoyed doing them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20