Profile for Duchess > Reviews

Content by Duchess
Top Reviewer Ranking: 476

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Duchess "Duchess" (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LING'S SHOP Silicone Ice Cube Candy Chocolate Cake Cookie Cupcake Soap Molds Mould DIY Mold (55 - Hearts)
Offered by LING'S SHOP
Price: CDN$ 3.89
2 used & new from CDN$ 3.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Silicon Ice Cube, Candy Chocolate apparatus, July 23 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
It's a bit of a task to try and use these because I tried to make my own mini chocolates with eucalyptus flavoring in them (as I cannot seem to find candies or chocolates anymore that already have the eucalyptus flavor in them which I have always liked). This apparatus measures to be about 11 cm by 18 cm for the whole piece of plastic. It is rather a flimsy piece of plastic but I guess I can make it work for what I want it to do and that is make my own small flavored chocolates. When I tried to make the chocolates and try and make as little mess as possible, I have to admit that THAT in itself is almost impossible for it not to be a really messy job, but I guess in the end it was worth the hassle. As for buying more of these I may have to do so if I want to make a bigger batch next time. As for having a firmer tool to do this kind of job, I guess this will have to do.

Whitmor 6505-4362 Color Coded Mesh Wash Bags, Set of 3
Whitmor 6505-4362 Color Coded Mesh Wash Bags, Set of 3
Price: CDN$ 9.16
7 used & new from CDN$ 9.16

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sized laudry bags, June 23 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Good sized laundry bags for my sun dresses and skirts; works well and are fairly sturdy.

Whitmor 6154-988 Mesh Hosiery Wash Bag
Whitmor 6154-988 Mesh Hosiery Wash Bag
Price: CDN$ 5.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 23 2015
works great!

Le Cuistot Enameled Cast-Iron 1.3 Quart Saucepan with Pouring Spout - 2 Tone Red
Offered by City Chef
Price: CDN$ 49.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit small but good for what I use it for, June 23 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I bought this because I love working with cast iron pots especially when making things like lemon meringue pie or other pudding pies. Doing something that requires working with sugar can be a bit tricky but using this kind of pot (for me, at least) helps avoid the burning of the pudding in comparison to using a stainless steel pot which I think you have more of a tendency to do that.

I had a Le Creuset cast iron pot that I had that was a bit bigger than this pot and used for that for the longest time but can't seem to find it now after our move and Le Creuset is getting to be too expensive to buy another (and I think they are starting at $300)! I have to say though, that this pot is just as good as the Le Creuset that I had, but a bit small. As for making things like the lemon or other pudding pies it does work, it just gets a bit full. Using this pot you'll just have to really pay attention that it won't overflow when it hits the boiling point for the lemon pie filling as it wouldn't take much for it to boil over (and you know how sugar on hot burners don't work!)

As for using it for the things I do, it will work just fine. :)

Nature's Way Coconut Oil, 16 oz
Nature's Way Coconut Oil, 16 oz
Price: CDN$ 14.99
28 used & new from CDN$ 11.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great results! :), May 16 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I bought this to start a new naturopathic therapy for my epilepsy. I have tried it now for almost 2 months and it has really helped me have much more stamina than I had before I started doing it at the beginning of April. For what I use this for (2 tbsp/day, once a day) - the 2 containers that I bought originally at the beginning of April, has lasted me basically 2 months. I am pleased with the results! :)

The Boston Globe Sunday Crossword Puzzles, Volume 14
The Boston Globe Sunday Crossword Puzzles, Volume 14
by Henry Hook
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: CDN$ 13.95
25 used & new from CDN$ 3.82

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed!, March 29 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
For the price I paid for it and the amount of crosswords this book had, I am not pleased! Also, some of the questions or clues leave a lot to be desired. You'd think that for this price there would be more in them.
I won't buy this one again any time soon - SORRY! :(

Price: CDN$ 10.99
35 used & new from CDN$ 3.58

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't buy this one again, SORRY!, March 29 2015
Bought this hoping I'd enjoy it.....Sorry to say I didn't enjoy it though :(

The Everything Easy Large-Print Crosswords Book, Volume IV: 150 brand-new, quick and easy puzzles
by Charles Timmerman
Price: CDN$ 12.26
48 used & new from CDN$ 4.43

5.0 out of 5 stars So far it's great! :), March 28 2015
Hey! At least with this cross-word book to enjoy this you don't have to cheat to get the crosswords done. They are easy enough to at least help you fill in the blanks in most of them so when you go back to the ones you did not get you can finish it off or figure it out WITHOUT having to cheat and look in the back of the book at the answers! I like it! :)

The New York Times Supersized Book of Sunday Crosswords: 500 Puzzles
The New York Times Supersized Book of Sunday Crosswords: 500 Puzzles
by The New York Times
Price: CDN$ 17.27
37 used & new from CDN$ 17.27

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good with the answers as the other books I have, March 28 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I tried some of the crosswords in this crossword book too. I find that I don't like it as much because it has such stupid answers to some of the clues. Sorry, won't buy this one again! Too American for my taste! :(

My Fair Lady
My Fair Lady
DVD ~ Audrey Hepburn
Offered by Vecosell
Price: CDN$ 13.78
4 used & new from CDN$ 13.78

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't like it - but he loves it - That make me happy I bought it! :), March 27 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: My Fair Lady (DVD)
I am writing this only on the behalf of my husband who is a 'happy man' because I bought this for him AND bought the music in CD as well. Even though I am NOT particularly fond of this movie, I am happy enough that my husband is happy having it AND the DVD of the music this movie plays. For me -- as long as he loves it - I'm happy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20