Profile for Duchess > Reviews

Content by Duchess
Top Reviewer Ranking: 576

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Duchess "Duchess" (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Edmunds Wood Embroidery Hoop with Round Edges, 9-Inch
Edmunds Wood Embroidery Hoop with Round Edges, 9-Inch
Offered by BIC Warehouse - (Includes all tax and Duties)
Price: CDN$ 8.95
6 used & new from CDN$ 6.40

4.0 out of 5 stars 9 inch and 10 inch Embroidery Hoops, Oct. 5 2014
These hoops I use for doing my counted cross-stitch projects and patterns instead of using the big huge frame I have. These hoops are great because they give you quite a bit of room to do a fairly large patch on your counted cross-stitch pattern. Also, if you plan on going somewhere - like a holiday or a Dr.'s office- and want to take the work with you for something to do, you can because if you have a good 'craft carrying bag' these hoops will - most of the time fit into your 'craft carrying bag'. I have used many of the different sizes of these kind of hoops (7-12 inch size hoops) and for the large and medium sized projects I do, they are the 'ideal' size for what I use them for. The 12 inch hoops I've used are not quite as good, but the rest of the other size hoops I mention are good enough for what I use them for. As for wearing out - most things these days do 'wear out' after a while, but I find I get a lot of use out of them BEFORE they become 'useless'. When that is the case it is usually because the screw on this hoop gets stripped and when that happens it is then unusable. Other than that, it is a great product for a reasonable price.

Case Logic DCB-304 High/Fixed Zoom Camera Case, Black
Case Logic DCB-304 High/Fixed Zoom Camera Case, Black
Price: CDN$ 24.78
27 used & new from CDN$ 14.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with the new camera I bought, July 9 2014
Nothing really fit very well in this camera case for my new camera which was a Canon. Sent it back and will at least now get a refund for a 'not so great product'.

dCables Canon PowerShot SX510 HS HDMI Cable - HD Video Cable for Canon PowerShot SX510 HS

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with either my new HP Laptop and husband's desktop, July 9 2014
I bought this USB cable so I could connect my new camera (SX510 HS Digital Camera) that I had bought and when I finally received this cable and tried to use it, it would NOT work either my laptop or my husband's desktop both of which are HP's. I was rather disappointed about this, but I, at least, got the refund I wanted back for this problem of it not being a usable product for my computer and the camera I bought.

Canon PowerShot SX510 HS 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 30x Optical Zoom and 1080p Full-HD Video
Offered by E-TRONIX
Price: CDN$ 249.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 249.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Canon PowerShot SX510 HS Digital camera is NOT ALL IT'S CRACKED UP TO BE!!!!!, June 20 2014
I bought this based on the many reviews I'd read about this. I don't like it because I have now had to send it back for a refund.
1) the directions or manual on how to set things up with this camera is VERY CONFUSING at the least!
2) wasn't worth the price I paid for it
3) it tells me at too late of a time that a USB cable is to be used so you can connect your camera's pictures to your laptop or computer to view them. -- You have to order that AS WELL BEFORE ANY OF THIS WILL WORK.
4) to top things off, this USB cable that you need -- is ordered from TEXAS, USA and NOT ANYWHERE IN CANADA!!!
5) I tried to get help with someone from Canon Canada before I would consider sending this back to where I bought it from -- and even she couldn't even solve my issues as to WHY the USB port cable for this camera was not working -- as for my laptop and everything else, they were in good working order.
6) If everything becomes this difficult to figure out how to operate AND the Canon people can't even help you, it really makes me wonder whether or not buying things like this ARE worth what people say.

Until they can come up with an easier way to take a picture -- sorry, I am NOT interested.

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries: Series 2
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries: Series 2
DVD ~ Essie Davis
Price: CDN$ 52.49
8 used & new from CDN$ 43.78

3.0 out of 5 stars bought because we liked season one, June 14 2014
I bought this because we DID like season one. My husband and I both feel though that so far of what we've seen in this series though, it is not as good as we'd hoped. As for buying season 3 of this series -- it is doubtful. We both feel that, of what we've seen so far for the first four shows, that it will be much of the same, especially when it comes to these shows having a tendency NOW to showing 'more violence that is actually necessary'. For this VERY reason, we will NOT want to buy season three if there is one that comes out.

Like Murdoch Mysteries (which is a Canadian mystery series) and the Midsomer Murder series (which is a British series), we chose NOT to continue on with those series BECAUSE of those companies having a tendency to showing more violence in them as well. We'd hoped that the Australian companies would not follow suit or BE like what most of the Candian and American police and PI series had been doing over the years, and even now, this is what has turned us off of even CONTINUING on with any of the 'series' shows that IS out there in North America. WHY these TV shows (whether they are just one hour long shows OR movie length) HAVE to show more violence to "get the story's point across and condone it too" -- to us is sad -- but true I guess.....As for us WANTING to buy more of a series of this genre, well, you have lost me as a customer unfortunately, because of that! I don't know, maybe I am crazy in thinking or feeling this way....but are we the ONLY ones that feels this way???? Well, I guess if that is true, then it is very sad......VERY SAD INDEED!

Music and Lyrics (Widescreen Edition) (Bilingual) [Import]
Music and Lyrics (Widescreen Edition) (Bilingual) [Import]
DVD ~ Hugh Grant
Price: CDN$ 6.73
59 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great, April 22 2014
I saw only about 15 minutes of this movie and found it a rather boring movie to watch. Although I like Hugh Grant who is in this movie, the story just didn't move me. Not a movie I'd care to see again, sorry!

DMC 1767-24 Tapestry Hand Needles, 6-Pack, Size 24
DMC 1767-24 Tapestry Hand Needles, 6-Pack, Size 24
Price: CDN$ 1.35
5 used & new from CDN$ 1.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Great service from amazon.ca again!, March 13 2014
I bought these yesterday and I already received them this morning! I think that this product is a fairly good quality and although any needle can wear out after a while due to lots of use, these to me have been fairly good quality needles to use for my counted cross-stitch projects. Sometimes when you want things to arrive SOONER THAN LATER though, this is the way to go and use 'priority mail'! Thanks to amazon.ca I was able to receive this product in record speed!

JBK Pottery Brown Sugar Softener - Bear
JBK Pottery Brown Sugar Softener - Bear
Offered by Golda's Kitchen
Price: CDN$ 3.50
3 used & new from CDN$ 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Brown sugar bear, March 3 2014
I bought this on February 19th. I have just checked my brown sugar today and it is still nice and soft and NOT ROCK HARD!! I was concerned that this may NOT work and would not be all it's cracked up to be, but so far I am proved wrong! I hope this lives up to some of the reviews I've heard of this product and hope that it DOES last up to three months without getting rock hard. Well, so far, I am pleased!

DMC 6103 Floss Number Stickers, 500-Pack
DMC 6103 Floss Number Stickers, 500-Pack
Price: CDN$ 1.75
13 used & new from CDN$ 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little stickers to put on my bobbins of DMC embroidery floss, March 3 2014
I have used these for labelling my DMC floss when it has been bought. I also think that the price here is much more reasonable than what some of these other website places charge. I can see paying about 1.99 for one of these, and this may seem a bit expensive to some, but if you buy it elsewhere online (like e-bay), you are looking at not only about $5.95 CAD for this same product but also the additional postage and handling from some of these other websites is also added (sometimes that can be an extra $8 or $9 CAD which makes this product much more expensive to buy it), so if you can buy it from here, it may make more sense to do so. Now that Amazon.ca has this product as an "add-on" I will buy more of these from here if I need them.

Superior 900 Gram Egyptian Cotton 2-Piece Bath Towel Set, White
Superior 900 Gram Egyptian Cotton 2-Piece Bath Towel Set, White
Price: CDN$ 45.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent big towels!, March 3 2014
I bought a couple of these for the counted cross-stitch projects I do. When I gently hand wash my projects when they are done, this is an excellent THICK towel to use for all my projects from now on, and if the canvas projects are a bit big, the towel is much bigger! I have no regrets and am glad I have two I can use as I have had more than one counted cross-stitch on the go.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20