ARRAY(0xb00bdec4)

Profile for Alana Aspeck > Reviews

Content by Alana Aspeck

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Alana Aspeck "SilveryBlue" (Edmonton,AB CANADA)

Alice in Wonderland (Bilingual)
Alice in Wonderland (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Johnny Depp
Price: CDN$ 11.98
31 used & new from CDN$ 5.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Realizing the difference. Don't compare the old to this new take., May 14 2010
One thing I find that people don't realize with this take on Alice in Wonderland is that it is more like a continuation of the movie.
Perhaps they were expecting it to be like the cartoon or the other takes on the movie but it isn't. I came to realize after watching interviews by the cast as well as Tim Burton. I think it was fantastically done. It's my opinion that Burton wanted it to be close to the book yet adapted to his own taste as well, a mix of everything. Everyone has different tastes and has different opinions on what they like and don't like. I personally thought it was a great adaption of Alice and enjoyed it. I look forward to Tim Burton movies as he is dark, and does a great job with being different.

The Twilight Saga Collection
The Twilight Saga Collection
by Stephenie Meyer
26 used & new from CDN$ 22.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Best addiction ever.., July 21 2009
After seeing the movie I couldn't wait to find out what happens next so I decided to purchase the Saga. Once I started reading I couldn't put any of them down, they are just so mesmerizing. It's like there was a movie playing in my head along while I read. First three books took me three days each. Still working on fourth book. Total addiction, wish it would never end.