Profile for Cathie Gould > Reviews

Content by Cathie Gould

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Cathie Gould (Oakville, Ontario)

One Bear, One Dog
One Bear, One Dog
by Paul Stickland
9 used & new from CDN$ 3.83

5.0 out of 5 stars A real favourite!, Jan. 19 2006
This review is from: One Bear, One Dog (Board book)
This has to be one of my favourite toddler books. My son loves it, and I love reading it to him ... the rhythm and rhyme is so good, and the illustrations are so simple, humourous and fun. The excitement of the 'Me' at the end never fails. (It's also an easy one to memorize for those like me who might need a little shut-eye after reading books through a dozen times in a row!)

Bunny's Noisy Book
Bunny's Noisy Book
by Margaret Wise Brown
Price: CDN$ 8.54
83 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Such a lovely book!, Jan. 19 2006
This review is from: Bunny's Noisy Book (Board book)
This book really is beautiful. The pictures are so soft and detailed and work so well with the story - the adventures and sounds of the day for the sweet little bunny. It's one of my toddler's favourites at the moment, and he's now taken to saying "How was that?" when he hears a new sound! The text doesn't always rhyme and flow the way you might want it to, but it's certainly caught my little guy's attention!

Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball
Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball
by Vicki Churchill
Price: CDN$ 6.60
54 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This is fun!, Jan. 18 2006
My son loves this book, and so do I! There is lots of fun and action, right down to having to turn the book around to stand like the tree and see all the goofy faces. The artwork is so good we've got years more exploring to do. It's a great book for fun and snuggles at bedtime.

Goodnight Moon
Goodnight Moon
by Brown
Price: CDN$ 8.54
129 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's the mouse?, Jan. 18 2006
This review is from: Goodnight Moon (Paperback)
One of my greatest joys as a mom is watching my husband and son reading together. Goodnight Moon is one of their favourites. I love the rhythm and rhyme, they love finding things in the wonderful pictures. The best game of all is finding the little mouse on the coloured pages ... FAST! I'm looking forward to many more years of reading this to our daughter too.