Profile for Dawn Anderson > Reviews

Content by Dawn Anderson

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Dawn Anderson (New Brunswick, Canada)

Cranford Collection (Cranford / Return to Cranford)
Cranford Collection (Cranford / Return to Cranford)
DVD ~ Various
Offered by Now Showing DVD's
Price: CDN$ 47.64
7 used & new from CDN$ 39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Feb. 1 2011
What a delightful mini-series! Though I have never read Elizabeth Gaskell's novels before, I believe this movie would certainly do her work justice. The characters of Cranford are unique and eccentric in every way. Judi Dench is unrivaled in her portrayal of Miss Matty yet all the acting is superb. I highly recommend this movie if you enjoyed Wives and Daughters, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility.

Beyond
Beyond
Price: CDN$ 17.54
29 used & new from CDN$ 7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Oct. 13 2008
This review is from: Beyond (Audio CD)
This is an excellent cd by William Joseph. I first heard him on Dr. Phil and I decided I would try his cd. I was not disappointed. Hi music is modern yet maintains a true classical style.

Sense and Sensibility and Miss Austen Regrets (2007)
Sense and Sensibility and Miss Austen Regrets (2007)
DVD ~ Various
Price: CDN$ 30.24
29 used & new from CDN$ 23.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 29 2008
I enjoyed this version of Sense and Sensibility far more than the 1995 version with Emma Thompson (as much as I love Emma Thompson).
It moved at a slower pace, allowing the watcher to become more familiar with the characters. The scenery was beautiful and the casting was excellent. I am not familiar with the majority of the cast, but they all did a wonderful job.
For those who are looking for a clean wholesome movie to purchase, I recommend this movie. There is a short love scene at the very beginning, but that is all :-)
The 1995 version is also worth watching too!