Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Amazon Customer (California, United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Murder of a Sweet Old Lady: A Scumble River Mystery
Murder of a Sweet Old Lady: A Scumble River Mystery
by Denise Swanson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 8.99
50 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, Nov. 8 2002
Even though Skye's poor grandmother is murdered, this book still brings entertainment as we meet the crazy extended family and try to find out who commited the murder. I also enjoy getting to see the school psychologist in her. Meeting the different kids at the school brings another dimention to the story. I really enjoyed this book along with the other two in the series. I cant wait until the next is published. It is a very fast, easy read and leaves you wanting more at the end. wonderfully written.

Visions of Sugar Plums: A Stephanie Plum Holiday Novel
Visions of Sugar Plums: A Stephanie Plum Holiday Novel
by Janet Evanovich
Price: CDN$ 19.19
105 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful christmas story, Nov. 8 2002
This is yet another wonderful addition to the stephanie plum series. this story takes place during the four days before christmas, stephanie has no tree, no presents and no christmas spirit. Then diesel shows up, the superhero with the special ability to open locks, and drive cool cars. He assists Stephanie on the hunt for Sandy Claus, who is an old toy maker that skipped his court date and also has special powers. The book takes on a bit of an x-men type feel, but it is short and sweet. Morelli shows up every once in a while, Lula goes christmas shopping, and Randy the little person plays an elf. Its fun, lighthearted and will put you into the christmas spirit, or at least make you start christmas shopping now. :)

Hard Eight: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Hard Eight: A Stephanie Plum Novel
by Janet Evanovich
80 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the series!, July 10 2002
I really enjoyed this addition to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I think that after a little difficulty in Seven up Janet bounces back and into a different direction. It is great that we finally learn more about the secret life of Ranger, what he does, where he eats, but not too much to take the fun out of it. It is also nice to see that some of Stephanie's relationship issues are resolving so we see her moving on and growing a little, she really starts to realize where she belongs and where her heart belongs. There is plenty of funny moments and i dont care if she has a car blown up in every novel, it is funny and how it happens is funny so keep them coming, I think it happened three times in this novel. Different people have different opinions and I have read plenty of reviews of people thinking Janet is loosing her touch, but I dont agree I think she is back on track and should keep on going.

Tough Cookie
Tough Cookie
by Diane Mott Davidson
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Goldy is Great!, May 28 2002
This review is from: Tough Cookie (Hardcover)
This is the book that started my interest and since reading it I have purchased and read the entire series. Goldy is a great self taught cook. She is easy to relate to, except for the courage and determination to find the killer thing...i would run the other way. But, that is why I like the books, i can pretend. It is not a hard, complicated, make you think book. it IS an easy, enjoyable, quick read. i loved it.

Gone For Good
Gone For Good
by Harlan Coben
60 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, May 16 2002
This review is from: Gone For Good (Hardcover)
Wow. That is all I can say. I started reading harlan Coben with Tell No One and could not wait until this was published. This is a dark story centered around our main character enjoying life, loving his job, his girlfriend, everything, but when his mother dies things start to unravel. His past is brought back to him: the rape and murder of his highschool girlfriend and the disappearance of his brother. When his current girlfriend vanishes the search begins leading up to an ending that will take you completely by surprise. I loved this book! I read it in one day, staying up all night to finish it because I was so scared I couldnt sleep anyway and so curious to find out what really happened that I couldnt wait.

Shopaholic Takes Manhattan
Shopaholic Takes Manhattan
by Sophie Kinsella
Price: CDN$ 12.27
198 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars How embarrassing!, May 16 2002
I bought this book with a little reservation, how could you ever follow up the first one? Well this author found a way, and it is a pretty funny one. If you like those lighthearted, dont make me think too much books then this is for you. I read it in two days and felt pretty good about it. Our main character goes into debt again, loses her boyfriend, her job...everything. She finds a way to get back on her feet and finally at the end finds something she is really good at and really likes. Whatever. Like I said it was brainless, but we all need some of those in our lives. I enjoyed it, I laughed, what more do you need?

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1)
by J.K. Rowling
262 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What else it there to say?, May 16 2002
This is a fantastic book. I resisted purchasing it because it was a childrens book, but I am glad I finally broke down. I was sitting in the airport waiting for my next flight and found it in one of the little book stores. It absolutly blew me away. Sometimes I wonder where people come up with their subject matter. This story is creative, imaginative, and leaves you wanting more. Lucky for me the next three books were already out when I finished this one, so I purchased them right away. I think everyone should read these stories, it brings you back to being a kid again and what could be better than that?

Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
by James Patterson
Price: CDN$ 11.68
186 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars An Emotional Read?, May 16 2002
I bought this book thinking I should find out what all these great reviews are talking about. I did enjoy it, but to be honest the perfect life of the characters really got to me. How realistic is that really? I was thinking it was going to be a heartbreaking emotional ride, but really when it was supposed to be sad I was so fed up with the bunch that I couldnt be that sympathetic and I cry at anything! I am still giving it 4 stars because it was a nice read, just not what I expected.

Blueberry Muffin Murder
Blueberry Muffin Murder
by Joanne Fluke
10 used & new from CDN$ 26.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, March 30 2002
I have really enjoyed each of Joanne Fluke's novels. She makes you wish you were living in that small town, eating cookies for breakfast. This was another nice installment letting us learn a little more about each of the characters. The only reason I gave this four rather than five stars was because I am a little dissapointed there was no real further development of Hannah's personal life. That of course will keep me waiting for the next book, so maybe it was the point...

Farm Fatale: A Comedy of Country Manors
Farm Fatale: A Comedy of Country Manors
by Wendy Holden
32 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Farm Fatale!, March 3 2002
This is the first book I have read from this author and it will definitly not be the last. This tells the story of two different couples and there experiences when they move to the country. After moving to the country each one of the main characters go through a bit of self discovery, which can be funny at times and sad at others. This is a truly entertaining book and a nice light read. Happy reading :)

Page: 1 | 2