Profile for Cathy Piercey > Reviews

Content by Cathy Piercey

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Cathy Piercey

Taking Chances
Taking Chances
Price: CDN$ 9.49
75 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, Nov. 13 2007
This review is from: Taking Chances (Audio CD)
I'm going to say one word about this CD.... "Wow!". That one word sums up my review perfectly. Buy this album! You won't regret it!
Celine Dion rocks!

Look Closer
Look Closer
Price: CDN$ 7.99
37 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Now this is how you represent Newfoundland! Bravo Rex!, Aug. 22 2007
This review is from: Look Closer (Audio CD)
One of his songs titled "One good reason" should have been followed by "why I should have won Canadian Idol" Actually, I can think of several good reasons. That's all I really need to say about Rex's second album. Way to go Rex! You really did "the rock" proud.
Jason Greeley, and Craig Sharpe could definitely learn a thing or two from you. They are laughable by comparison.

I Am
I Am
Price: CDN$ 15.83
15 used & new from CDN$ 8.98

1.0 out of 5 stars "Oh God...Make Danny Boy Stop!", Aug. 18 2007
This review is from: I Am (Audio CD)
Being from Newfoundland, and living 10 minutes from Upper Island Cove does not make me in any way feel obligated to say that I like Craig Sharpe. So I won't!
What I will say however is this. Kudos for getting as far as you did Craig, but for the life of me I can't figure out how you managed to do it. You hurt my ears with your squeaky falsetto, and that innocent little boy act...please! I wouldn't open my blinds to see you sing if you were standing on my front lawn. The only talent anyone in UIC has, including Jason Greeley (I went to school with him, and know what kind of a dork he was/is) is the ability to annoy the hell outta people. No one does it better!
Your album "I Am" sounds like something that should be played in a nursing home. "I Am" should have been followed by..."Trying My Best To Sing A Note In Key."

Anyone need a coaster?!?

LOVING ANNABELLE
LOVING ANNABELLE
DVD ~ Erin Kelly, Ilene Graff, Kevin McCarthy, Michelle Horn, Marla Maples Diane Gaidry
Price: CDN$ 12.06
17 used & new from CDN$ 9.82

3.0 out of 5 stars More chemistry than a science lab!, July 13 2007
This review is from: LOVING ANNABELLE (DVD)
I have to say that overall I really liked this movie. The characters were great, and portrayed exceptionally well. The chemistry between Simone ( Diane Gaidry) and Annabelle (Erin Kelly) was fantastic! They really made you believe the story they were telling. It has a good story line, and leaves you wanting more; however, the ending could use a little more immagination on the writers part. I was very dissappointed with the way this movie left things. I can definitely relate on many levels to this movie. From the forbidden love, to the denial, and finally the heartache. This movie does have a lot to offer it's viewers.
Whether you're gay, lesbain or heterosexual, everyone at some point has experienced love. That is the universal word that ties us all together. This movie definitely has that. It's worth checking out; and unless you collect lesbian themed movies like myself, perhaps you might just want to rent it, as apposed to spending the extra money. Just my opinion though.